Gaming Nintendo Switch

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Nah, she will hijack my machine, and if the data isn't transferable, I can kiss goodbye to my Switch until they find a vaccine!

I'd like to say I'm joking, but: Animal Crossing; Harvest Moon and the Pokemon's, and it's like being with a hardcore gamer! :lol:
:lol: That's fair enough, those two combined are pretty time consuming I imagine!

Santos J

Literally just got one from Nintendo after hours of trying on Game. Cheers though.
Yeah Game was annoying as feck, managed to get in the basket then log in fails, manage to log in then basket fails, manage to do both and payment screen fails. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah Game was annoying as feck, managed to get in the basket then log in fails, manage to log in then basket fails, manage to do both and payment screen fails. :lol:
Yeah and I had the website set to auto refresh every ten seconds and of course it came back up when I took a shit. Just managed to get the switch before it sold out on Nintendo. Everything is gone again on there now.

Santos J

Yeah and I had the website set to auto refresh every ten seconds and of course it came back up when I took a shit. Just managed to get the switch before it sold out on Nintendo. Everything is gone again on there now.
Yeah I just gave up at that point, apparently some who managed to get in on Game were too late anyway and had to cancel so would have probably missed it either way. I had alerts on from Stockinformer and didn't know I had the sound alert on as well, was just nodding off on my bed and some big feck off alarm starts going on my PC for the Nintendo stock, I shat myself. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Animal Crossing is so wholesome and addictive.

I have a house after the first day and the museum is set up. I put it down slightly off centre of the town hall though which I'm sure won't drive me completely insane.

My two neighbours are annoying fecks though. I have some thing that keeps calling me Cardio. He asked where he should put his tent so he now lives in the complete opposite corner to me. Stuck myself top right of my map near the water, though I'm worried I didn't give myself much room for expansion. My house currently contains a bed and a lamp on a box. I also made a Utd kit to wear :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Animal Crossing is so wholesome and addictive.

I have a house after the first day and the museum is set up. I put it down slightly off centre of the town hall though which I'm sure won't drive me completely insane.

My two neighbours are annoying fecks though. I have some thing that keeps calling me Cardio. He asked where he should put his tent so he now lives in the complete opposite corner to me. Stuck myself top right of my map near the water, though I'm worried I didn't give myself much room for expansion. My house currently contains a bed and a lamp on a box. I also made a Utd kit to wear :lol:
Post pics of your character wearing it if possible!

Spoony

The People's President
I think I'll get this one next. My son loves the sandbox nature of Odyessy. I suspect this is more of the same.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I’m still not entirely sure what animal crossing is?
100% good vibes.

I hadn't really grasped what the series was about either and was on the fence before buying it, thinking it wouldn't keep my interest but boy was I wrong. I like the fact that there's a limited amount of what you can do each day, leaves you wanting more.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I downloaded it, I'm too lazy to get physical copies when you can buy and download games within minutes, BOTW might be the only physical copy I own.
It’s much more convenient too as you don’t have to shuffle your cartridges. You can’t sell it but I’ve not sold my games for a while anyway, I tend to keep them anyway.

I only really got into AC for the first three days and then put it aside as I’ve been playing Fire Emblem, Mario Odyssey and PS4/Xbox games. When I get back I won’t really be in trouble because of not being in my village for a long time, right?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I downloaded it, I'm too lazy to get physical copies when you can buy and download games within minutes, BOTW might be the only physical copy I own.
It’s much more convenient too as you don’t have to shuffle your cartridges. You can’t sell it but I’ve not sold my games for a while anyway, I tend to keep them anyway.
I'm still not down with digital. I don't swap games much anyway so the convenience isn't really an issue for me,

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m still not entirely sure what animal crossing is?
It’s basically Minecraft mixed with The Sims. You don’t play it for hours but you play it every day and there’s always something different each day. You do what you want really. I’m trying to pay off the loan for my house so I can expand it and improve my part of the island. Just a fun way to pass time and it’s just a relaxing game really.

United Hobbit

I really really want Animal Crossing however have the following preventing me from getting it aside from them being oos everywhere does anyone have any advice on where we stand?

Boyfriend has purchased for me through Friday Ad one of the full on Switches eg not the lite as only way of getting one as sold out everywhere

Seller seemed legit at first as on my advice bf requested a video of the thing working as I said if I was selling expensive electrical I'd fully expect to be asked for proof they work. Fine a video was fairly swiftly sent through all looked good including a dated piece of paper

Bf bank transferred the guy the money I advised to ask it was sent tracked and ask for the tracking ref/ proof of delivery. Guy claims he emailed it to bf this was about a week ago. He what's apped him several times asking again for this reference, never received

Today he has chased him again to finally be told it is damaged at the depot. I've said to ask for the tracking ref as If he knows it is "damaged" at the depot he must have a tracking ref. Bf has asked for his money back to be told the guys bank will only allow payments in 100's at a time so if bf could transfer him the difference of x to make it up to the next 100 he can transfer it all back?!

Where do we stand with this? Is there anyway he can get his money back?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I really really want Animal Crossing however have the following preventing me from getting it aside from them being oos everywhere does anyone have any advice on where we stand?

Boyfriend has purchased for me through Friday Ad one of the full on Switches eg not the lite as only way of getting one as sold out everywhere

Seller seemed legit at first as on my advice bf requested a video of the thing working as I said if I was selling expensive electrical I'd fully expect to be asked for proof they work. Fine a video was fairly swiftly sent through all looked good including a dated piece of paper

Bf bank transferred the guy the money I advised to ask it was sent tracked and ask for the tracking ref/ proof of delivery. Guy claims he emailed it to bf this was about a week ago. He what's apped him several times asking again for this reference, never received

Today he has chased him again to finally be told it is damaged at the depot. I've said to ask for the tracking ref as If he knows it is "damaged" at the depot he must have a tracking ref. Bf has asked for his money back to be told the guys bank will only allow payments in 100's at a time so if bf could transfer him the difference of x to make it up to the next 100 he can transfer it all back?!

He asked your boyfriend to send even more money? Definitely don't do that.

It sounds very dodgy to me, I don't suppose you know the guy's address or anything?

United Hobbit

He asked your boyfriend to send even more money? Definitely don't do that.

It sounds very dodgy to me, I don't suppose you know the guy's address or anything?
Unfortunately not bf has contacted the bank via email (I suggested to call) and is awaiting a reply I contacted both couriers the guy claimed to use (change in story classic fruad indicator) funnily neither had record of any deliveries to my address, the I can only transfer 100's at a time sounds dodgy af hes asked for 200 back and then he can sort the remainder later hes definitely not giving him more money

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Unfortunately not bf has contacted the bank via email (I suggested to call) and is awaiting a reply I contacted both couriers the guy claimed to use (change in story classic fruad indicator) funnily neither had record of any deliveries to my address, the I can only transfer 100's at a time sounds dodgy af hes asked for 200 back and then he can sort the remainder later hes definitely not giving him more money
Yeah that definitely sounds like there wont be a good outcome.

I'd have recommended calling them too rather than email, but I hope you get a positive reply from the bank either way!

20solskjaer

how much was your bf spending on the second hand switch? My local asda had at least 3 or 4 in stock last week, they have out of stock stickers on the shelf in the shop but had a few inside a locked cabinet near the checkouts where they keep the games

20solskjaer

There seems to be a load of us in here playing animal crossing now too, has anyone bought turnips? Ive got 17700 that im looking to sell, what kind of prices is everyone getting from the nooklings? If i get a high buying price id be more than happy to let people come over to sell

i did have two friend codes from earlier in the thread but havnt had a chance to sort a visit or anything out yet, i had about 50 hours into my island and restarted it due to buying a new switch so have been building it back up a little bit

United Hobbit

how much was your bf spending on the second hand switch? My local asda had at least 3 or 4 in stock last week, they have out of stock stickers on the shelf in the shop but had a few inside a locked cabinet near the checkouts where they keep the games
The first one was 235, I'm not sure how much the 2nd is technically it's for my birthday in May, interesting about Asda I'm not sure my local one has a console section I'll take a look I've been trying to spend as short a time in it as possible recently due to getting cross at people having raided the shelves after I've had to queue to get in! We do at least have a video of the lady boxing this one up and a picture of it in the box with a courier label to our address so let's hope!

Hes already got the animal crossing download just need the switch

I'm that sad I've even picked what I want to call my island (Isle of Dreams)

I've even thought