NonceUponATimeInEpsteinAndAndyLand

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
i'm talking about twitter too! i follow pretty much only left people on there and there really isn't anyone named in the epstein flight logs that's being defended. sample tweet, directed at someone defending maxwell. this podcast is run by a communist who fought in rojava, it's obsessively about epstein and his connections.

i guess this is another way of putting it

(bloomberg numbers are funny)

and it makes sense. the people he had on his island were presidents, princes, really famous professors, financiers, billionaires, etc. not many left people in any of those categories.
Okok I retract the left and rightwing thing and change it to democrat / republican then.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Convenient...convenience... 7-11...Qanon is onto something.
It's also actor Stephen Lang's birthday who played in Avatar (environmental destruction theme). An inconvenient truth = name of Al Gore climate movie + Avatar = this is all a climate control activists setup. I knew it. Those Greenpeace motherfeckers are behind this whole conspiracy. /s

Last edited:

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Those two are good to watch and listen to but they really need to be put right on the definition of pedophiles contrasted with child abuse etc.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
All Randy Andy’s associates are nonces. What are the chances?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Apparently Eric posted a tweet with a picture of Maxwell at Chelsea Clinton's wedding with the text 'Birds of a feather', only to then delete it after people pointed out that not only is his dad in a shitload of photos with Maxwell but also that years ago she bummed a ride to Mar-a-lago on Trump's private jet and that Eric himself was also onboard at the time. :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Apparently Eric posted a tweet with a picture of Maxwell at Chelsea Clinton's wedding with the text 'Birds of a feather', only to then delete it after people pointed out that not only is his dad in a shitload of photos with Maxwell but also that years ago she bummed a ride to Mar-a-lago on Trump's private jet and that Eric himself was also onboard at the time. :lol:
Some fine twitterers saved it for him...

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Deutsche Bank hit with $150 million penalty for relationship to sex offender Jeffrey Epstein

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/jef...ned-150-million-penalty-for-relationship.html

They certainly have some dodgy clients.
Anti-money laundering, proceeds of crime and terrorist financing regulations are weak and difficult to work with, imo. Reading that article I'm inclined to think that the other relationships involved in the fine (Danske Estonia and FBME) are the key drivers and the regulator tossed in Epstein to look good.

Granted I don't know the specifics but if the issue is failing to report unusual transactions there's a fair bit of leeway there. Epstein was a billionaire, while it's largely assumed he made his start by plenty of outright theft he then moved into property and other business. One of the key tenets of these regulations is the know your client principle. DB seems like they knew Epstein well enough and they did not suspect anything out of the ordinary for him. Legal expenses are not unusual transactions. Payments to associates, friends, etc are just that. A bank won't treat a payee as guilty if they are known in the media as an "alleged co-conspirators" when reviewing transactions in their AML unit, especially if their client routinely sends these people money. Hotels and rent expenses are not unusual transactions. Billionaires withdrawing large amounts of cash is also not really unusual. As I said, Epstein was a dodgy individual but from an AML view the transactions quoted by the regulator do not seem unusual for him.

Now, if DB did not file any large cash transaction reports then they are definitely offside here but the article doesn;t seem to indicate that, it's only about unusual transaction reporting. Looking at my own bank's guidance on AML/FINTRAC I really don't see where DB went wrong with the Epstein accounts:

• Know your client and the nature of their business
  • Be alert to the opening of multiple accounts or deposits by a client that do not represent the client's business or income
  • Look out for unusual requests for drafts, transfers or other payment orders
  • Determine the source of funds or purpose of the transfer if the transaction is not in keeping with the normal business of your client
  • Refuse the deposit or transfer if a reasonable explanation is not provided
Based on the bullets above, I'm not sure if the regulator would have a case to fine DB here without the Danske Estonia and FBME activities. The headline is misleading as well.

binary bot
How crazy would this be(disregard the title by the way, purely a theory)

Last edited:

kidbob

This is rather more down the conspiracy route than I usually go but here goes:

Any chance that Maxwell, as part of a plea deal, gives up a pile of names that just all happen to be connected to or supporters of the Democratic party thus "legitimising" the Qanon thing? Now don't get me wrong I want anyone found guilty of being connected to this to go down regardless of affiliation and who/what it damages but considering the DOJ oversees the FBI it's the perfect chance to release only the names that damage the Democrats and help Trump in the elections.

Is there anything in place that stops cherry picking like this?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
This is rather more down the conspiracy route than I usually go but here goes:

Any chance that Maxwell, as part of a plea deal, gives up a pile of names that just all happen to be connected to or supporters of the Democratic party thus "legitimising" the Qanon thing? Now don't get me wrong I want anyone found guilty of being connected to this to go down regardless of affiliation and who/what it damages but considering the DOJ oversees the FBI it's the perfect chance to release only the names that damage the Democrats and help Trump in the elections.

Is there anything in place that stops cherry picking like this?
I suppose any democrat associate pulled into this can drop a bunch of names as part of a plea deal too. So she'll have to think very carefully about who she brings up.

kidbob

I suppose any democrat associate pulled into this can drop a bunch of names as part of a plea deal too. So she'll have to think very carefully about who she brings up.
Yeah actually good point. Best case scenario is she squeals on everyone and anyone involved faces justice.