Norwich City - what is the point?

erinoco

Supports
Arsenal
Norwich seems like a terribly hard place to draw talent to though unless you're a young player looking for a good loan move/kick-start to your career. Nothing about it would want me to go there aside from that.
That's the real route out this cycle. Concentrate on getting a good flow of academy players going, all imbued with a decent culture. Work on supplementing these players with loans from the established PL or good Continental sides, balanced with two or three experienced players who have shown they can cut it in the PL. Norwich has tried to do all that, but have failed to get the balance right, and the managers have been unable to fix the unbalanced squad for them.

Reactions: SilentWitness

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Fulham seem to have pissed a lot of money up the wall considering they've been completely interchangeable with Norwich for years now.
Fulham spending so much money ahead of / during the 2018/2019 season, but being mathematically relegated with 5 games left, has to rank up there as one of the most pathetic campaigns by a newly promoted team, certainly 'pound for pound'. I think that Cardiff, who in contrast were one of the most 'under-resourced' promoted teams I can remember, finished 8 points ahead of them in the league (their own relegation wasn't a failure at all).

And last season I think that they had a higher wage bill than Burnley, and a significantly higher wage bill than Leeds, but only won 2 home game all season (admittedly it was different with no fans in the stadium), but were mathematically relegated with 3 games left.

With their parachute payments, hefty spending on wages and transfer fees, plus Mitrovic, it has felt as if they've played the Championship using a 'cheat code' this season.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I meant people giving out about a European Super League saying it would ruin the Premiership.

The Premiership has been ruined there is too big a gap between the top clubs as it is
Ah, right. Yeah, no argument from me there.

lsd

The Oracle
Ah, right. Yeah, no argument from me there.

I don't see the benefits for Norwich or their fans in the present system.

There cannot be much enjoyment in just being the whipping boys every two years