"Not Ready, Not Mentally Prepared, Not Committed".

lem8sh

He is supposed to motivate and inspire the players, thats one of the key roles of a manager. Everything starts at the top. If a team is weak its a reflection of the management.
Still cannot control commitment, once the players cross the white line it's upto them and they are soft as putty.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I had an incredibly weird dream last night, no doubt after reading a lot of new posts and threads alluding to the fact that many players are either incapable of, or won't bother showing some fighting spirit and heart. In my, and most others opinion from what I can gather, these are just as important qualities as technical and other actual footballing abilities.

Anyway, my dream was that Jaap Stam took over after Mourinho unceremoniously got sacked after a loss to Swansea. His first moves in charge? He got rid of six players, and as a result the others started running like they had the devil at their backs. Just an incredibly strange dream as I started the post with, as: 1) I don't want Mourinho to get sacked, and 2)I don't even know if Stam is managing

I really do believe we need to re-establish the mantra of manager=club, and no player is bigger than the club.

United is messing with my precious sleep, and I won't ever have a sleeping pill after a single drink ever again..
Stam is managing Reading in The Championship.

Drz

He's spot on but that's he going to do about it?

He's on the training pitch with them everyday.

Do something.
If he feels the players are not doing their jobs, he has my support to put them all in the reserves and play with the acadamy who are pulling their weight at their level. I will forgoe my expectations on results if he does this.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This approach worked in the stone age of football. We're in 2016 now.
2013 is not a stone age. Hairdryer worked and players took it like men after we lost title to City in 2012. Reaction was full mobilisation and commitment.

I guess 2016 is an age of fannies, where players can't have their feelings hurt and looks like some of them may very well succeed in another manager sacking if the situation continue through next years as Paul Scholes stated.

Last edited:

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
2013 is not a stone age. Hairdryer worked and players took it like men after we lost title to City in 2012. Reaction was full mobilisation and commitment.

I guess 2016 is an age of fannies, where players can't have their feelings hurt and looks like some of them they may very well succeed in another manager sacking if the situation continue through next years as Paul Scholes stated.
2013 is stone age for few Dortmund fans who are obsessed with "modern football" when they aren't doing anything that wasn't done before.

Fracture90

I disagree with this.
Many fans seem to think that winning the EL is a walk in the park. It is incredibly difficult. Not only do you need to be a quality side, but you need to have luck.
I think it will be easier for us to get top 4, than to with the EL.
I said exactly this last season and 1 or 2 games later, we were bundled out of the tournament.
Conversely, we we were only 1 point away from getting 4th place and CL football. So it demonstrates what I am explaining here.

We have so far been beaten by Feyenoord and Fenerbace. What do you think will happen when we meet a quality side?
It's your right to disagree but it's more likely that we will win the EL than finish 4th with the competition we have in EPL and considering our lack of game consistency and game plan.