Nuri Sahin

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
Sure.

My point is - I think - that Fletcher and Gibson clearly aren't the future of our midfield, or at least I hope not.
Gibson, agreed, he is to slow and probably has no future.

Fletcher - world class defensive midfielder! Great stamina, he just go and go and go, he will be a vital player in our future for sure. We saw how much we missed him in the 2009 final. He is a great defensive midfielder, his passes are getting better too. He has been one of our most important player the past couple of seasons. He has the worst season in a long time, but he is a great player and I hope that he stays for a long time

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I like Fletcher too - don't want him to leave. Not totally sure he should be a first team regular though, certainly not on current form.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I like Fletcher too - don't want him to leave. Not totally sure he should be a first team regular though, certainly not on current form.
Same goes for Carrick. IMO those 2 need serious competion to return to their best. A soon to retire Scholes, perma crock Hargreaves, unlucky Anderson and the unspectacular and inexperience Gibson just don't cut it as ''spark a reaction in them'' material at the minute.

jeston

@dan_bu
Borussia Dortmund's Nuri Sahin has an offer from Real Madrid, according to "Bild". He has a 6m € buy-out clause in his contract.

€6M Buy-out clause? Surely not!?

Maajid

Formerly Mad
@dan_bu
Borussia Dortmund's Nuri Sahin has an offer from Real Madrid, according to "Bild". He has a 6m € buy-out clause in his contract.

It doesn't get much more "value" than this - sign. him. up.

wr8_utd

:'(
quite shocked to hear that Nuri Sahin has a €6m buy-out clause. perfect ball player to play along side Carrick, an absolute bargain. #mufc

:eek:

Ekeke

I cant believe that clause is true, as apparently Dortmund have put a hold on talks over a new deal.

If your best player had such a clause you'd rush through a new deal even if you were looking to sell him in the summer

Jase

I cant believe that clause is true, as apparently Dortmund have put a hold on talks over a new deal.

If your best player had such a clause you'd rush through a new deal even if you were looking to sell him in the summer
Especially if you were looking to sell, I'd say.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Perhaps they did rush through a new deal but Sahin having already had offers was reluctant to sign it?

Brophs

The One and Only

Yeah, I'd agree with that. They'd give him the earth even to bump the clause to €25m if that was the case, and sell him before they started shelling out the big bucks.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
@dan_bu

:mad: fecking Madrid. They want everyone as usual. They won't even play him often. He will surely be a bench warmer.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
:mad: fecking Madrid. They want everyone as usual. They won't even play him often. He will surely be a bench warmer.
Pretty much. Mourinho always wants a backup for each of his starting position. He has none for Alonso.

Snow

If the fee is really 6m it'll be another Sneidjer/Van der Vaart/Özil bargain gone a miss

Ekeke

Pretty much. Mourinho always wants a backup for each of his starting position. He has none for Alonso.
He could play with Alonso and is better offensively than him. One thing he definitely wouldnt be is a backup for him

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
We can always buy him when Valdano/Perez get tired of the German experiment like they did the Dutch one. :D

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has so much cover for his midfield. They hardly use them. They have enough playmakers in that squad so Diarra is a good backup for Alonso.

Snow

He could play with Alonso and is better offensively than him. One thing he definitely wouldnt be is a backup for him
Nah. Doesn't fit Mourinho. He already has Özil in front of Alonso. Can't have two deep playmakers and then another one in front of them.

Alonso is Spanish. A passing maestro. He's very much needed in Real. You can see the difference in the team when he isn't there.

Ekeke

Nah. Doesn't fit Mourinho. He already has Özil in front of Alonso. Can't have two deep playmakers and then another one in front of them.

Alonso is Spanish. A passing maestro. He's very much needed in Real. You can see the difference in the team when he isn't there.
Alonso does the main defensive job for Real Madrid. Kedeira does the running in front of him and supports the attack. Sure he's combative and puts tackles in but Alonso is sitting and its Kedeira in front of him

Sahin could absolutely be deployed next to him as Sahin, like Alonso, has both defensive and offensive qualities. He's not as good defensively as Alonso is for Madrid, but he proved to me that he can put in some very good tackles when Dortmund played Bayern. He had a spell where he was making good tackles every couple of minutes and stopping Bayern getting back into the game.

And offensively he will assist as much as Alonso, but also score more goals. This is a player who at a top team will flourish into one of the top midfielders in the world. Better than Alonso, catching up towards the Fabregas and Iniestas. But they wouldnt have to compete for one place.

As for Mourinho, we've already seen him use Kaka as one of a midfield 3. He isnt always negative. Not with the players he has at Madrid

Compared to that this wouldnt even be a risk

Snow

Alonso does the main defensive job for Real Madrid. Kedeira does the running in front of him and supports the attack. Sure he's combative and puts tackles in but Alonso is sitting and its Kedeira in front of him

Sahin could absolutely be deployed next to him as Sahin, like Alonso, has both defensive and offensive qualities. He's not as good defensively as Alonso is for Madrid, but he proved to me that he can put in some very good tackles when Dortmund played Bayern. He had a spell where he was making good tackles every couple of minutes and stopping Bayern getting back into the game.

And offensively he will assist as much as Alonso, but also score more goals. This is a player who at a top team will flourish into one of the top midfielders in the world. Better than Alonso, catching up towards the Fabregas and Iniestas. But they wouldnt have to compete for one place.

As for Mourinho, we've already seen him use Kaka as one of a midfield 3. He isnt always negative. Not with the players he has at Madrid

Compared to that this wouldnt even be a risk
Sahin has Bender next to him. Alonso has Khedira next to him. That's why they work so well. Cut Khedira or or Bender out of the picture and you have yourself a bit of liability. Especially considering the full backs Real use. They both go forward a lot.
Özil, Ronaldo, Higuain/Benzema, Di Maria/someone.

I don't see

Sahin...Alonso
Di Mario..Özil..Ronaldo
Higauin

It's very exposed. Even with all the discipline Mourinho has added it still lacks some.

Khedira just fits Mourinho's bill as a starter. He also has height for defensive set pieces. Can't see him being cut. Not as a regular.

Anduin

The 6m EUR buy-out clause was confirmed by reliable German source 'kicker' just a couple of weeks ago. He'd be a bargain if there ever was one. De Gea and Sahin this summer and we're sorted for ages...

Donut

This will be Ozil all over again. A player that we could really use, available for a very good price and we probably won't even try for him.

Devil may care

I'm surprised we have not been linked with him this season, given he is exactly the type of player we need.

Donut

We were never in for Ozil imo. Fergie said he wanted one player who was always going to join someone else and from his quotes it was much more probable that it was Villa than Ozil.

Jaap

Dortmund apparently have Ilkay Gündogan, Nuremberg's current playmaker, lined up as Sahin's possible replacement.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
We were never in for Ozil imo. Fergie said he wanted one player who was always going to join someone else and from his quotes it was much more probable that it was Villa than Ozil.
From what you have just said it sounds exactly like it was Ozil!

Mojo_pin

Dortmund apparently have Ilkay Gündogan, Nuremberg's current playmaker, lined up as Sahin's possible replacement.
We were linked with him earlier this season. How is he doing atm?

johnmufc

Sahin has so much talent, but for me he tries the Hollywood ball too often. His decision making isn't great, but he is still quite young, and can become a very good midfielder.

Jaap

We were linked with him earlier this season. How is he doing atm?
He has really done well, considering his injury problems this year - scored five goals and set up another three in 21 Bundesliga matches.

He's good neat technique, a good shot on him and can pass a ball or two - certainly ready for the next step; Dortmund that is, not United.

Donut

From what you have just said it sounds exactly like it was Ozil!
I don't really remember exactly what he said, but it was quite clear that it was actually Villa that he was after.

Something like that the player who we wanted joined his club really soon (which Villa did, Ozil didn't) and that we had no other targets after that.

jeston

I don't really remember exactly what he said, but it was quite clear that it was actually Villa that he was after.

Something like that the player who we wanted joined his club really soon (which Villa did, Ozil didn't) and that we had no other targets after that.
He mentioned Villa by name and hinted we were looking at him but that he was always Barca bound.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Said his name and everything:

Fergie said:
We've looked at a few options... We did consider David Villa but he was always going to Barcelona.
Sir Alex Ferguson was interested in David Villa deal - ESPN Soccernet