Nuri Sahin

Donut

Thanks, but I also think there was another interview before that which didn't reveal the name. The Caf was arguing whether it was Villa or Ozil, but then came the interview you linked which proved it was actually Villa.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It didn't prove dickshite. It was all just stuff SAF decided to tell the media.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
The line Fergie had first used was "the player never wanted to leave his country"

Ekeke

And then he said we were looking at David Villa.

So either he is the one player we wanted, or Fergie lied from the start

SecondFig

We won't get Sahin for 6 million, not a chance.
Friend of mine is a massive Dortmund fan - he's convinced Sahin will go to Real, and for £6m because that's the buyout clause in his contract. Apparently Dortmund are trying to agree a new contract with Sahin (with a higher buyout) but right now £6m is the price.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Well, that'd be a complete bargain, 2 million less than Bebe?!

Commadus

Well isn't Sahin out for the season with a knee injury?

What is the opinion on this guy?

Real after another bargain after they got Ozil for peanuts.

Jaap

Friend of mine is a massive Dortmund fan - he's convinced Sahin will go to Real, and for £6m because that's the buyout clause in his contract. Apparently Dortmund are trying to agree a new contract with Sahin (with a higher buyout) but right now £6m is the price.
Apparently this buy-out clause does not exist - one local paper reported it.

However, it looks very likely that he will leave Dortmund in the summer - either to Real or, another contender, Inter Milan.

To make things worse for him: he is out for the season with a knee injury.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
If Real buy him Real will have two of the most talented young midfielders in the world in Ozil and Sahin.

Jaap

Media reporting that Sahin is now close to agreeing a new deal with Dortmund.

Borussia's fans unveiled a banner on Sunday - at the end of their side's 3-0 victory over Freiburg - which said ''With Nuri into the Champions' League''. When asked about it, he just smiled and replied: ''Our fans know how I have decided.''

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Media reporting that Sahin is now close to agreeing a new deal with Dortmund.

Borussia's fans unveiled a banner on Sunday - at the end of their side's 3-0 victory over Freiburg - which said ''With Nuri into the Champions' League''. When asked about it, he just smiled and replied: ''Our fans know how I have decided.''
are they home and dry (relatively speaking of course) in the bundesliga? They have something like a 7 pt lead?

davisjw

are they home and dry (relatively speaking of course) in the bundesliga? They have something like a 7 pt lead?
They were at one point doing everything they could to blow that lead.... It's come under question recently but they'll hold on.... They had an 18 point lead at one point... But going that far ahead too early can actually harm you more than benefit..

wr8_utd

:'(
Leverkusen getting thrashed at Munich really ended any outside chance they might have had.

mufcwarm92

I just think Sahin would be the perfect signing for us. He can take free kicks, corners, and is a creative force from midfield, who can also chip in with a few goals. Did he ever sign that new deal? Doesn't look promising for us to sign him.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I just think Sahin would be the perfect signing for us. He can take free kicks, corners, and is a creative force from midfield, who can also chip in with a few goals. Did he ever sign that new deal? Doesn't look promising for us to sign him.
You forget that his defense is another great asset...

He has the potential to be a lot better than Carrick imo.

Also he is only his early 20's and Carrick was still a bench warmer for WestHam during those days.

Alex

Looks a good player, if Madrid want him then to Madrid he will go

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
They won't need Ronaldo then, will they? Maybe we could sniff around...;)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If we spent 7 fecking million on Bebe, then I think it is totally worth spending 8m on Sahin.

Lance Uppercut

A snood? That gets my "pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttt of the day."

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttt.

VoetbalWizard

madrid will out gun us on wages if we try to go for any player they are interested in.

khedira, ozil, now sahin...they are raiding the bundesliga on the cheap in regards to fees, but will be paying quite a wedge on wages.

that said, where does sahin play? khedira's done pretty well. not a chance they drop alonso.

There's a space for him in the squad but i'd imagine sahin would want to go where he'd be a first XI player guaranteed.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
madrid will out gun us on wages if we try to go for any player they are interested in.

khedira, ozil, now sahin...they are raiding the bundesliga on the cheap in regards to fees, but will be paying quite a wedge on wages.

that said, where does sahin play? khedira's done pretty well. not a chance they drop alonso.

There's a space for him in the squad but i'd imagine sahin would want to go where he'd be a first XI player guaranteed.
He is good enough to bench Khedeira. He is also the kind of player who can play the most attacking role in the 3DM tactic Mourinho has liked employing vs Barca.

Jaap

His agent has just denied that a deal is already done - it looks as though Sahin's representatives are trying to speak to Dortmund first before going into negotiations with the Spanish club.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I really think that Sahin is capable and if not maybe even better suited than Carrick is, not that at this moment Sahin is already better than Carrick but I definitely see more potential as Sahin has more pace, has better dribbling skills and really looks up to it imo.

If we got Carrick for a supposed fee of around 16-18m surely Sahin at around 8m would look like a steal ?

not that the muppet in me really thinks Sahin has what it takes, I have the same feeling like I did for hernandez, he'll have an instant impact to our next season if we buy him.