6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

His first touch and hold up play is better than that of Lukaku. Which is not bad

Marcelinho87

Because he's keeping the defenders busy he gives so much space to Bruno and Mata etc... Martial would be dropping into their space and then nobody would be getting in behind.

Inferior to martial as a footballer but brings much better balance to the side imo.

ReddBalls

Because he's keeping the defenders busy he gives so much space to Bruno and Mata etc... Martial would be dropping into their space and then nobody would be getting in behind.

Inferior to martial as a footballer but brings much better balance to the side imo.
Good point. Playing City with Ighalo and Fernandes will be interesting, as the approach would be different from how we played them in the past three games against them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think his best attribute is he doesn't seem to think he's much better than he is. Which is Lukaku's worst attribute.

Hester_manc

My first impression is, that he has a nose for goals and finds good positions in the box. But his technic and first touch are poor.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Yes this is a good summary of ighalo as a value add for us

GazTheLegend

My first impression is, that he has a nose for goals and finds good positions in the box. But his technic and first touch are poor.
I thought his link up play with Bruno Fernandes was absolutely outstanding and that Fernandes Mata and Ighalo are on another level in terms of footballing intelligence. And to do that, you HAVE to have a good first touch - his first touch is far ahead of Lukaku's.

Not only in the game the other night but against Chelsea briefly Fernandes worked well with Ighalo.

Maybe he's a bit rusty but you can see Ighalo is a REALLY good player.

AR87

If he has a good loan I wouldn't mind signing him to a 2 year contract. He'd be a good backup striker to the have, gives us a different option to Martial or Rashford, and allows Greenwood to develop in his own time. Early, but has looked like the type of striker we needed to provide a different approach.

OrcaFat

Let’s hope that what you see as poor technique is mainly cobwebs and rust.

He moves about the pitch and has a style of play which results in scoring chances. I think he will get more chances per minute played than anyone else we’ve got. At the moment that is - possibly Greenwood develops some of the same attributes over the next year or two.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought his link up play with Bruno Fernandes was absolutely outstanding and that Fernandes Mata and Ighalo are on another level in terms of footballing intelligence. And to do that, you HAVE to have a good first touch - his first touch is far ahead of Lukaku's.

Not only in the game the other night but against Chelsea briefly Fernandes worked well with Ighalo.

Maybe he's a bit rusty but you can see Ighalo is a REALLY good player.
This is what I noticed the most too, he loved to play 1-2's with Deeney at Watford, and it seems Fernandes loves doing it also. They were getting quite a few nice little link up touches going!

He seems perfect for when teams are camped in their box and we need a wall to play off.

Sparky Rhiwabon

That was such a proper striker's goal - getting into the six yard box at the right time. Martial - take note!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Complaints about his technique and touch being poor must have been watching another game and player :lol:

From watching him against us a couple of seasons back and generally throughout his year at Watford, he’s good in both depts.

It’s a case of him getting up to match fitness for the PL. No amount of training gives you that. Regular game time does. Expect him to be sharper again after Thursday.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Linked up well with Bruno vs Brugge. Different dynamic - wants to make the most of his time here. All good positives.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not nearly enough for a number 9. There are as many examples of him still standing on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips as the cross comes in.
But then Ighalo will never score the type of goal that Martial can ie Fulham

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s a good option primarily from the bench. If he gets 5 or 6 goals you’d have to call this a success. Promising start.

Dante

Average bang
The goals happen at 2:00 3:10 4:25 5:35 6:40

Ighalo's movement for all them ranged from the good to the brilliant. The Brugges defenders will have been having nightmares about him ever since.

It's the simple things, like dragging a defender away from Mata in one phase then stealing in ahead of him in the second phase to score at 3:10.

A lot posters seem to confuse 'making a run' with 'in the box movement'. Martial and Rashford can do the former. Ighalo can do the latter. They're very different skillsets and it's great that the squad finally has both.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If he has a good loan I wouldn't mind signing him to a 2 year contract. He'd be a good backup striker to the have, gives us a different option to Martial or Rashford, and allows Greenwood to develop in his own time. Early, but has looked like the type of striker we needed to provide a different approach.
If he does as well as we hope -- and the club offering him a contract, you can bet the Chinese will be asking a king's ransom for him. I think his current club paid 30m for him.

That will trigger up the question if he is worth anything close to that for a player who is 31 in June 2020.

I think the best we can hope for Ighalo, is to enjoy his short stay as one of us fans, who's dreams have actually come true. A rare situation.

Okey

The goals happen at 2:00 3:10 4:25 5:35 6:40

Ighalo's movement for all them ranged from the good to the brilliant. The Brugges defenders will have been having nightmares about him ever since.

It's the simple things, like dragging a defender away from Mata in one phase then stealing in ahead of him in the second phase to score at 3:10.

A lot posters seem to confuse 'making a run' with 'in the box movement'. Martial and Rashford can do the former. Ighalo can do the latter. They're very different skillsets and it's great that the squad finally has both.
So true! In the box movement is a very different and special skill. That's how you know natural CFs. Robert Lewandowski is an education in 'in the box movement'.

Josep Dowling

He looks alright, seems very much off match fitness and a bit clumsy in possession but we knew what we were signing. He will be a good loan purely for rotation and allows Martial to rest rather than an expectation on him to play twice a week.

The big difference between him and Martial is he stays in the right position in the centre. Martial is forever going wide. I don’t know how many times we go wide with the ball and Martial is no where in the box. At least Ighalo is there.

el3mel

Considering he's short term signing just being signed to score these chances, he can't afford to miss them.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Imo he did everything right there, kept his calm and didn't swipe at it. Great job from Pickford.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sorry but he has to score that, no excuses.
I think he took too long.
It was great save. He even placed it on the ground to make it impossible for Pickford to save it. You can’t blame him for that. If there is anyone who tries so hard for an excuse is you.

Your excuse is lame about took long, the ball was in mid air, awkward situation to execute it, how is he supposed to do it quicker?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He misses to many chances for my taste. Pickford did good there but it is a chance which striker must score

Status
Not open for further replies.