6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He’s a perfectly reasonable player. He scored fifteen league goals for a good Watford team and finished top scorer of the last AFCON. I mean, he isn’t an idiot - which is what some would have had you believe.

Apokalips

Would be happy to have him added to the squad permanently. It's good to have options, especially an experienced head who loves the club and is a nuisance.

I wanna get back to the Fergie days of 4 decent forwards!

baskinginthesun

Someone on the match forum asked what does he do — he rammed those words straight back down that posters throat. Hes an old school centre forward, always in the box looking for that chance and he got a few chances and took 2. hes actually what we have lacked this season someone actually in the box when we attack who can get on the end of things. Well done.
Yep. Doing the job of a center forward. Exactly why we signed him. Frees up Martial for a breather but, still manages to put balls in the net. So far, so good from him.

Litch

Not only the goals but also he's been unlucky with other chances. Shoots always on target.

Mike Smalling

Great bit of business to get him in. I really like how he stays up top and doesn't drift deep or wide, even if he is not that involved in the game. Usually he is quite reliable when getting the ball to his feet as well. Hopefully will get more starts in the FA cup and Europa League going forward.

mu4c_20le

Not only the goals but also he's been unlucky with other chances. Shoots always on target.
And the hold up play. Unfortunately it's something that I don't think Martial can ever do

RedDevilRoshi

He’s done well in the games he has played. Offers something different.

Was really hoping he’d get his hattrick tonight.

sammyhol

Less of the option talk for me....

I’m terms of No 9, he is the option!

Not the dribbling ability or outright skill of martial, or the ability to score goals out of nothing, but he knows the role.

Significantly better hold up, much better link up with midfield, and gets in the positions in and around the box to score the easy goals, something our other options don’t have the instincts to achieve.

Id start him vs City.. and get Martial on the left where he does his best work.

LoneStar

Very good performance from him. Didn't get involved much in the game, but stayed forward and scores 2 good goals. It feels so nice to have a traditional 9 in the side.

mu4c_20le

Solid backup option. Nice game tonight. Scary that he actually looks better than Lukaku did the majority of the time here w/ both having similar play styles.
Honestly think Lukaku only edges it because he's younger, due to his physicality. "If only I was 5 years younger..."

MAME DIOUF 32

This is a guy who's paid obscene money in a league that he's too good for and when United asked for him in his off-season he easily could've been totally out of shape. Credit to him for being a proper professional and it's brilliant to see him getting rewarded and also delivering for us.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Ighalo could get a contract in the summer at this rate. Knows where the goal is, a proper no.9, really really wants to be here so his motivation is sky high. Good impact / rotation option at least and doesn't eat up too much budget.

tomaldinho1

He should only get better, 2 starts and 3 goals and that's without really knowing his teammates super well. You can see he's getting sharper and a really good option to have.

MooseTheMooche

I really like him. Knows how to move inside the box, a proper CF. However, the thing that impressed me most is his strength. Whenever I see an opponent try and wrestle Ighalo off the ball, he just shrugs him off and stands his ground. A very good addition to the squad!

Cliche Guevara

Martial could really learn from him. If he can add that element of being a proper penalty box no.9 to his game then he really could become the player a lot of people think he can be.

As for Odlo, two good goals tonight and I think he has a better touch than a lot of people give him credit for. I expect there’s a bit more to come from him in terms of match fitness so he could become a really good player to watch.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pleased to see Oghalo get two goals tonight, especially knowing how much he adores Man Utd. That's three goals in four games if I'm not mistaken?

He's a handful, that's for sure. He gets in to good positions in and around the area (something we could probably use more of, we seemed strangely reluctant to put balls into the box). Plus, his finishing is fairly good. He did not get that many real chances. To come away with two was a good night's work. His second goal was very well crafted.

Decent pass and move game, which has surprised me a little. However, he still looks a tad off the pace. That's probably a positive as the fitter he gets the better he will become I'm sure.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doing exactly what we needed him to do, very glad we ended up signing him. If he keeps it up I'd keep him, every club needs a solid back up and he's done admirably so far.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Something very likeable about him, not just his attitude but the way he plays.
Feel more assured having him up front than I have with a number of other strikers for us. He always seems to be in the right place and just seems to fit in with the play well.

He’ll be a cracking backup for Kane :wenger:

Yagami

Good post resistant
From the videos I watched of him in January when we were first linked I thought he looked like a good footballer, and I think he is. A lot more to him than just strength and good positioning.

His ability to trap a ball in the box under pressure, wriggle past and through said defenders in the box and get a shot off shouldn't be glossed over. It's really impressive.

theklr

Less of the option talk for me....

I’m terms of No 9, he is the option!

Not the dribbling ability or outright skill of martial, or the ability to score goals out of nothing, but he knows the role.

Significantly better hold up, much better link up with midfield, and gets in the positions in and around the box to score the easy goals, something our other options don’t have the instincts to achieve.

Id start him vs City.. and get Martial on the left where he does his best work.
That is an very enticing set-up...think he will be outmatched against City, even without Laporte.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he can come into games like the one tonight and score goals, then he will prove to be a fantastic spot by Ole and the staff.

Again, his hold up play and ability to be the right place at the right time is top notch.

Another accomplished performance from him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

sammyhol

That is an very enticing set-up...think he will be outmatched against City, even without Laporte.
yeh very possible.. don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he is the answer to all our problems, he is a stop gap that needs to be improved upon in the summer no doubt.

but do you think Martial will fare any better as a lone striker in a game when we are going to see very little of the ball?

when we get it, on the break or otherwise, we are going to need someone who can play with his back to goal. Let Martial get wide and make those runs in behind.

Don’t see the problem in starting both... it isn’t like we have anyone else to play on the left anyway...

or play them both in a 352 maybe? Anything that keeps Lingard and Andreas nowhere near the team and I’m happy!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Delighted for him, he’s been better than I expected.

I wasn’t overly enthused when I heard we were going for him but he’s proved the majority wrong already.

He’s surely only to get better as he gets sharper and used to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.