6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PepsiCola

He did everything right with that chance at the end, was great play from Pickford.

Pure luck he doesnt score that but overall he didn't impact the game much considering his strength and pace.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The ball wouldn't drop quickly enough for him. Not his fault.

How else do you think 3 defenders and Pickcunt converged on him so quickly?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Pure luck he doesnt score that but overall he didn't impact the game much considering his strength and pace.
I don't understand what is meant when people say this. Is he supposed to suplex everyone and sprint it in?

He did use his qualities correctly and almost had a goal to show for it. Also he was unlucky when baines cleared it out.

I don't understand what is meant when people say this. Is he supposed to suplex everyone and sprint it in?

He did use his qualities correctly and almost had a goal to show for it. Also he was unlucky when baines cleared it out.
You expect him to show a bit more aggression to win the ball and do something with it when he does get it. He's been alright but there's only really been 1 moment in each game so far where you've noticed him.

RedIan

It was a necessary solution.. would you prefer we brought no one in like spurs.... Wait until Martial is injured and he will be. .
Ighaloo looks like he has goals in him. Wise if late move.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Exactly

Literally nothing more he could do with that. Unless he mishit it and it spooned in or something.
He could do a lot more. He made a decent shot and gk saved it. It happens. But lets not pretend that it was only solution. He could have pass the ball to player behind him, he could have dribble gk because Pickford was already diving before the shot, he could have shoot in up corner, he could have shoot it with power etc....
But it is a difference between top striker and average striker.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He could do a lot more. He made a decent shot and gk saved it. It happens. But lets not pretend that it was only solution. He could have pass the ball to player behind him, he could have dribble gk because Pickford was already diving before the shot, he could have shoot in up corner, he could have shoot it with power etc....
No one in a million years is going to do any of those things. Dribbled it?! Where was there time to do that? It was a snap shot, zero time to think about it and you just put your foot through it.

Djemba-Djemba

Dribbled round the keeper :lol:

There's not a player in the world in that position who doesn't just try and hit it first time.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dribbled round the kepper :lol:

There's not a player in the world in that position who doesn't just try and hit it first time.
I know it sounds totally ridiculous but Messi did it last Sunday. :lol: I know, it is Messi and it was easier situation but i am just saying that Ighalo had other options. His try was good and had bad luck. I am not blaming him for the miss. Just saying that there were other options. Imo, shooting up with full power or passing to player behind him( Mata?) were solid options.

Djemba-Djemba

I know it sounds totally ridiculous but Messi did it last Sunday. :lol: I know, it is Messi and it was easier situation but i am just saying that Ighalo had other options. His try was good and had bad luck. I am not blaming him for the miss. Just saying that there were other options. Imo, shooting up with full power or passing to player behind him( Mata?) were solid options.
At the time I thought he should have done better but when you watch the replays he did the right thing.

He was just unlucky, it was a very good save.

And yeah you're right come on, you can't count Messi :lol: He's an alien.

izec

Didn't do anything wrong today. He was unlucky with the chance, it was just hit the target as good as you can and hope it goes in. And if Baines didn't go in there, he would had another chance on the plate.

Did people really expect him to score a goal in every game he plays 15 minutes as a sub? He was a short term solution and will add a couple of goals, that is about it. he has chances every game, which is good and largely due to his positioning and runs. That is positive and if he scores some goals, we can be happy. Some expected him to be Halaand 2.0 by the looks of it.

Foxbatt

He needs to play up front with someone else. Using him like Watford uses Troy Deeney. Up in their faces,

thepolice123

There was no way he could have passed to Mata, there was virtually no time and space. The only option was to hit it and hope for the best.

mu4c_20le

The more I look at this signing, the more I think he's Ole's Larsson. He'll score a few more in an otherwise unremarkable spell.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should have scored the goal, thought he should have gone for header. It was brilliant save too.

Apart from that I think he offers a lot to the team in linking up play. Didn't play many mins but still set up very good chance for Bruno and then almost scored winning goal. He is always closer to scoring scrapy goals too.

Rick88

Not sure if serious. Any alcohol involved while you typed this out?

JoaquinJoaquin

Think he is getting some stick he doesn't deserve. It was a great save from Pickford rather than a bad miss.

theklr

He's a very intelligent striker to get in scoring positions, but I think his reflexes and quickness in finishing is a bit dull because of his age and/or stay in China.

Thats not his fault though, and I think he have done excellent and what we are expecting of him so far. You could clearly see how it helped us when he came on yesterday.

Last edited:

Sylar

Could have also done a one-two with Bruno, could have also turned his body and did a bycycle kick, could have also feigned the shot, dribbled it onto the line, got on his knees and headed it in.

I mean he 'could'...

Alabaster Codify7

So far, he's looked exactly like he should, to me - an almost-30 striker who was good for a bit in the PL, and has been playing in China. We might get 5 goals from him, as long as they're important ones, win-win situation.

el3mel

He deserves an apology from me for not wanting him. He has been way beyond my expectations so far. Really pleased with him. Sorry Ighalo.

Zoo

Doing well is Odion, so refreshing to have a penalty box striker who knows the role.

vodrake

You see him play and you wonder what the absolute meltdown about bringing him in on loan was all about.

Not setting the world on fire but solidly performing, and giving us an option up front that we haven't had for a while

ash_86

Has a good touch and finish. Add the fact that he's a absolute unit and we have a very decent player in our hands.

RedIan

Someone on the match forum asked what does he do — he rammed those words straight back down that posters throat. Hes an old school centre forward, always in the box looking for that chance and he got a few chances and took 2. hes actually what we have lacked this season someone actually in the box when we attack who can get on the end of things. Well done.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His overall game is good, he makes good runs, links up well and then makes the run again.

His second goal was proper CF play. Received the ball, passed it to wide player, made the run and scored.

Impressive so far, he is getting chances in every game, even in the games he comes on as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.