6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

Good performance and not as bad as some making out considering his lack of football and what he was brought in to do. Super happy for his goal, be he is proud!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This is the problem
Hardly a problem. Signing him longterm would be for the short term. If he is proving himself good enough his age doesn't matter. Or is it the fact he would be a squad type of player, and not a superstar? Because I do think we could use a decent backup striker like him, even if we signed Haaland or something.

Based Adnan

Good hold up play considering he had some passes absolutely pinged into him. He should be targeting the 6-7 goals mark for the rest of the season. Glad he got a solid 90 in.

thepolice123

His celebration was a little underwhelming, I thought he will go crazy or cream himself or something given how desperate he was to play for us. Felt almost as if he thought its inevitable that he would score for us. Great confidence there.

Viral United

I only watch him for one game, but its look like he has very good position sense and striker instinct.

mad1max954

Went to the game; thought his movement was excellent and that he is quite an intelligent player.

Unfortunately he technique isn’t good enough fo the top level, (isn’t good enough with the ball to feet), which is a shame as couldn’t fault his effort. Hold up play was ok though.

MrBrightside1989

I quite like him and was delighted for him when he scored. If we could get him on the cheap I think he could do a job as a third choice striker, unfortunately he isn't as good as martial or Rashford we still need another top striker

Member 90887

His celebration was a little underwhelming, I thought he will go crazy or cream himself or something given how desperate he was to play for us. Felt almost as if he thought its inevitable that he would score for us. Great confidence there.
What now haha ?

He wanted to dedicate it to his sister who died a couple of months ago.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Chuffed for him, actually refreshing watching a striker make proper movements and pop up in the box. Can see him being second choice when Rashford is back.

arnie_ni

Hardly a problem. Signing him longterm would be for the short term. If he is proving himself good enough his age doesn't matter. Or is it the fact he would be a squad type of player, and not a superstar? Because I do think we could use a decent backup striker like him, even if we signed Haaland or something.
Yep this is what i want. Spend our money on a right winger and a midfielder like a kros style player to dictate play.

Get ighalo as a 4th choice striker onna short term deal using martial rashy and greenwood as well.

If and when halaand or a similar talent becomes available then go for them

Mike Smalling

I actually thought he played really well, even aside from his goal. His touch is quite good and he has intelligent movement. It is quite refreshing to have a different type of striker than Rashford and Martial, and he is clearly more than capable of standing in for them in the easier games.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’m up for him sticking around next season. He’s a better option as back up than spending £50-80m on another Lukaku to sulk on the bench and moan to the media. (Not that I’m blaming Lukaku for being unhappy with being no more than that to Ole.)

PepsiCola

Thought his strength and hold up was immense in the first half.

I really feel hed be brilliant as a hold up player for Martial and Rashford to play off of. Hes strong and technically very tidy.

I'm sure he'll only improve as he gains more match sharpness.

Okey

Won't find a better example of 'he led the line well'. Proper CF play. Over the moon to see him score on his first start and at OT as well. For those who seem to be expecting some world class performer, read what it says on the tin again. Doing absolutely that so far. My home boy!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He did have some moments where his touch let him down, but there were others where he did very well with his touch and interplay with others. Overall a promising performance.

The great thing is that if he does do well it gives us the option to play Martial on the left sometimes while Rashford is out.

Dinghy

It was refreshing to see a United-striker with some good hold-up/link-up play and it highlights what we've been missing from our strikers (Martial included) for years. Some of his one-touch passing/lay offs in tight spaces were brilliant and with players like Fernandes around him it helps massively in breaking down teams with a low block.

Alabaster Codify7

Why did the team prevent Ighalo from showing his t-shirt tribute? I thought that was really weird to be honest, the bloke clearly wanted to make a statement with that and his celebration got completely neutralised by them all diving around him and stopping him. Really weird.

Okey

Why did the team prevent Ighalo from showing his t-shirt tribute? I thought that was really weird to be honest, the bloke clearly wanted to make a statement with that and his celebration got completely neutralised by them all diving around him and stopping him. Really weird.
Erm...they were happy for him? Even the bench were celebrating wildly. Clearly his team mates didn't know about the tribute. If he had lifted the shirt before they converged, they would have stepped back like we often see. Not a big deal. He still got to do the tribute post match.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I really like him, proper strong centre forward who can get himself in the right place. It's great to see someone so thrilled about being a United player.

Alabaster Codify7

Erm...they were happy for him? Even the bench were celebrating wildly. Clearly his team mates didn't know about the tribute. If he had lifted the shirt before they converged, they would have stepped back like we often see. Not a big deal. He still got to do the tribute post match.

Uhhhh, he did. He'd started blatantly pulling his shirt up. I just thought it was weird, dunno, maybe they didn't want him getting booked or something I suppose. They definitely saw what he was trying to do, though.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Aside from breaking his nose to get on the end of Mata's assist, he made lots of decent runs, looked strong and brought the attacking midfielders into play. A really encouraging outing from a very likeable fellow.

KranjskaKlobasa

Why is he so clumsy when receiving a simple pass - it seems that the ball bounces off of him more than it should. Lack of proper game time or is this one of his weaker skills?

tomaldinho1

You can see he's a bit behind in terms of sharpness/touch but he did really well I thought, I think he'll just keep getting better and whilst no one is expecting him to turn into Lewandowski, he's a great option to have.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Chuffed for him, actually refreshing watching a striker make proper movements and pop up in the box. Can see him being second choice when Rashford is back.
Rashford plays on the left. Martial is our CF, and is who Ighalo will be back-up for.

Jonno

He's becoming a cult hero. Everybody wins, he plays for his dream club, we chant Viva Ighalo and United get a decent striker option for certain games.

Viva Ighalo!

AshRK

Love his attitude. He may not be your elite forward but with his hardwork we may have a solid 3rd or 4th choice striker. I would be tempted in signing him on a 1 or 2 year contract rather than spending 70m on Dembele. Better spend that money on a RW.

Jibbs

He is the perfect example of the kind of players we need, even as back up, who feel privileged to play for the club, he has shown great attitude, has decent technique and more importantly has this drive which will see him getting goals for United.

Andersons Dietician

I know it’s been a very small test sample but I love some of the things he has been doing, great touches, great little runs, good with his back to goal Surprisingly good touch.
If at some point we go back to 352 would quite like to see he and Martial in a duo.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I really like Ighalo. Liked him at Watford too but never really saw him as ‘United quality’ whatever the feck that means.

He is going to be incredibly useful for us and is exactly what you need as a 3rd/4th choice Striker. Strong hold up play, nice movement and will bag a few goals. His style is different to anything else that we have and we need it.

He will become a cult hero imo.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's pressing the opponent like our main striker always should do. If he can add goals on top of that Ole will take full credit for a wise loan deal.

Still lots to prove, but his attitude is already some sort of defeater to Lukaku's countless talk in the media and so much little work on the pitch.

ash_86

I think he brings the whole team into play. This is great for teams that camp in their own box

Lj82

I thought so too initially, until I read about what happened to his sister. He was probably getting emotional about the fact that he finally fulfilled his lifelong dream but his sister is not there to enjoy the moment with him

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Uhhhh, he did. He'd started blatantly pulling his shirt up. I just thought it was weird, dunno, maybe they didn't want him getting booked or something I suppose. They definitely saw what he was trying to do, though.
McTominay pulling it down in the back was funny in a way.

Played really well I thought and his goal deserves more credit because the pass was quite a bit behind him but he managed to keep his shot from going wildly over.

Status
Not open for further replies.