6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

He is a typical CF. He is big and strong and can hold the ball up. He is no slouch in the pace department either. Ole should play both him and Martial together.

crackers0seven

Looks like a good option. Probably would sign for the right money. Spend big on right winger and move greenwood in central as option. Need more than 2 options in centre.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So happy for him. Makes the front post runs that our other forwards find so hard. He's never gonna be Lewandwoski. However, you see what he brings when he's backing into defenders and getting across them when the ball goes wide. Creates acres of space for the pull back to midfielders arriving late into the box. Dare I say the words: 'Silent domination.' :p

kundalini

I was surprised by how good his link up play was. Combined well with Fernandes several times. Got in position for an easy goal from Mata's assist. Decent shot forced a good save from Mignolet. 2nd half didn't seem to get involved so much.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I said in his signing thread, if he can get us 7 goals between now and the end of the season, it'll be a good loan... adding to that, i'd be tempted to make the purchase if he did. 4th striker that can grab you 10-14 goals a season is worth it.

Handré1990

I thought he was really good in the first half. Very involved and he doesn’t slow us down at all. Strong player as well, held up both CBs at times. He plays for the team and is where he is supposed to be like on his goal. Could’ve been a different game without him.

JG3001

Will never be a superstar but he does what we expected Lukaku to do, bullies the defender with his strength. Much needed foil to the likes of Rashford/Martial.

LoneStar

Definitely happy we took him on loan, given our lack of options. Also brings something very different to the table. And guy seems to be loving every moment of it.

Our squad has so many people to like these days. Didn't feel that way, a short while ago.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Did exactly what you’d want from him. Held it up really well. Popped the ball off to more creative players and got into typical no9 positions leaving space for our midfielders to exploit.

Very good starting debut.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nice to see him get a poachers goal. Seems like we haven't scored those kinds of goals this season. I don't think Martial would have even made the run Ighalo did for the goal. Nice to see a a centre forward occupy the centre backs and cause problems. It freed up space for Bruno, Mata and James to run the channels.

Ighalo is nowhere near as talented as Martial, but he gives the attack a lot of balance. I'd like to see him lead the line with Martial playing where James did tonight. I think that could really bring the best out of Martial, I don't think leading the line gets the best from him at all.

RedCurry

Nice for him to score but let's be honest he's a bit crap isn't he :lol:
He’s not great but he definitely is not crap. His role in the team is to augment our attacking options when they are injured or need a rest. I don’t think you would find amazing players willing to play that role.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
He’s not great but he definitely is not crap. His role in the team is to augment our attacking options when they are injured or need a rest. I don’t think you would find amazing players willing to play that role.
He's a bit different to what we have too...and not match fit by all accounts yet.

Useful loan

Devil81

He's on loan until the end of the season so this is basically his audition. So far so good and given we have Martial, Rashford and Greenwood developing maybe it makes sense to have a good solid squad player with only a few years left on the clock.

The only question mark would be his salary, he's taken a paycut for the loan period, it might prove difficult to get him to lower his wage over a two or three year contract.

Let's hope he keeps up the good work.

Dion

I think he will do what we need of him, but I think people should be very careful about over-praising him. He's done well enough bringing other players into the game but then most strikers in the Premier League could do that for us against the teams Ighalo has played against.

I love his attitude and passion for the club, but he doesn't look anything more than a stopgap for the rest of the season to me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I like him a lot for this set up. Not gonna be RVP, but he's in the right positions and constantly moving in the box, and he's good at realising the right time to hold it up.

Walters_19_MuFc

Very experienced performance. Always provided a shield for players to play off him. Link up was terrific and topped off a good performance with a goal. You could tell he got tired around 60-70th minute, as players started to nick the ball off him. All in all, happy with performance, and absolute delighted for him that he bagged his first goal for United, and at Old Trafford, too. He must be on top of the world right now.

MrBest

Good to have a proper striker back in the team..glad to see Greenwood not over exposed. Ighalo has been a shrewd signing.

Denis' cuff

As previously mentioned, hold up play etc but looks like he’ll score those scruffy goals and tap-ins that some people think are easy. They’re not. You need to read the game better than the oppo defence.

also, he wants to play for us and it shows.

Sylar

Could end up being an inspired loan that night be the difference between cl football and not getting it (in terms of even at minimum just being an option to allow for full recovery and rest for the others)

Art Vandelay

He did well until he tired. Completely different option for us, his hold up play, occupying defenders and getting into the six yard box freed up space for Mata and Bruno to play. If James gets back to whipping balls across the six yard box Ighalo actually has a chance of getting on the end of them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He did well until he tired. Completely different option for us, his hold up play, occupying defenders and getting into the six yard box freed up space for Mata and Bruno to play. If James gets back to whipping balls across the six yard box Ighalo actually has a chance of getting on the end of them.
Not gonna happen whilst Rashford is out though and we insist on playing James inside left.

RedDevilRoshi

Delighted to see him finally score and I’m sure is over the moon just now after scoring his goal for Manchester United and at Old Trafford as well. You can tell he really wanted to do well in his first start and credit to him, he did do well tonight. His hold up play is fantastic and he is very good at bringing his teammates into play.

He did tire towards the end but that was kinda expected considering he’s not played much football recently.

Djemba-Djemba

Always important for a striker to get his first goal early on in his time at the club and he's done that. I know this is his 4th appearance but it's only his first start so it's nice to see him get off the mark, should settle him down and help him relax.

Good strikers goal too, only a tap in but it's the type of goal Rashford and Martial could do with getting a bit more.

Really good job we got him now, especially if Martial is out.

Litch

Just something authentic about him, already a fan and player favourite. Technically better than people gave him credit for and gives the attack a focal point. Still short of match fitness and I thought he tired as the game went on which is to be expected. What he has done is shown is the template of what we need as a alternative to what we have. If he stays or goes, I'm still gonna buy a shirt with his name on.

Status
Not open for further replies.