Official: FC Barcelona charged with Corruption over payments to former referees chief | UEFA open investigation

Cal?

CR7 fan
Perez is a greedy cnut, needs to up the bribes. Our LaLiga record has been poor for two decades now.

Could’ve bought like 10 titles for the price of 1 Hazard.
Good point, why buy players when you can buy referees instead.
From my own experience with Inter and Milan words from Calciopoli trials :wenger: I am giving the answer you need: to prevent Juventus/Madrid gaining unfair advantage themselves.
Not bad, we'll see if that works. :D

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This is completely irrelevant and a different issue. You're arguing more about Barcelona not getting good value out of their bribes, which is still very subjective and nothing factual like you're pretending, and doesn't absolve at all Barcelona.

Niemans is just taking advantage of the fact that Barcelona lost two close races (13/14, 16/17) but won a lot of races with a big points gap.

This allows him to claim that if Barcelona had gotten 3 points from X game then they would have won the title, they didn't therefore it must mean that they were not receiving benefits.

But that's obviously false.

Barcelona could have been getting 4 'extra' points per season (turning two draws into wins). In those seasons where they narrowly lost the title, the 4 extra points could not make up for their general failures.

It's a clumsy trick, trying to move from "favorable refereeing decisions" to "match fixing" which is obviously much harder to do.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Barca are corrupt cnuts - hope they’re stripped of their titles. Their fans are even worse. Especially some of the deluded weirdos on this forum.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well, basically to explain things about the financial FFP since there in England there is a lot of fake news. And I was also belittled and insulted around here and it turns out that the things I've said have happened. I don't like to do this kind of thing but I still put a summary of what happened at that time.
Oh feck right off, you've got some fecking nerve trying to play the victim card after insulting my intelligence earlier. If "bad faith poster" was in the dictionary it would include a picture of you. Simple as.

You treat your own observations as factual and somehow of more value than conflicting observations. You ignore responses that you are unable to challenge and resort to whataboutism or childish name calling. You're Barcelona personified.

You're a poster of low value to this forum and frankly I can't wait until you get binned because, trust me, the evidence is stacking up.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The guy talked with such conviction, like everything he said was actually happened. You can tell a bullshitter when stating everything like a fact.

Mr. Robot

Barca are corrupt cnuts - hope they’re stripped of their titles. Their fans are even worse. Especially some of the deluded weirdos on this forum.
Have to agree with this. Barca fans on the internet are always crazy.

I know a few Barca fans in real life and they're all nutjobs too :lol:

Someone

Something
Obviously, because $300,000 euros that were paid a year is enough to bribe twenty-seven referees , 30 linesmen, 5 guys from the Arbitration Committee and other people. It does yield the money to bribe and buy referees.
But why was it paid in the first place? What's the logical explanation that makes you think that it's something acceptable and justified?

SAFMUTD

Obviously, because $300,000 euros that were paid a year is enough to bribe twenty-seven referees , 30 linesmen, 5 guys from the Arbitration Committee and other people. It does yield the money to bribe and buy referees.
Hahaha are you seriously arguing that Barca didn't pay enough?

That's beyond cynical.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Athletic fans chanting "a Segunda" = "to Second (Division)" and throwing fake notes in their game vs Barcelona today.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
When the scandal was revealed Laporta accepted that Barcelona paid millions to the red VP and he deflected the whole thing saying he had initiated an internal investigation to find the truth.

He is directly responsible for some of those payments that has caused his club to be charged with corruption.

He has not yet given a single convincing explanation and now he tries to convince the fans that they are the victims of a campaign in which it is everyone against them.

So... they paid the ref VP for 18 years destroying any possible credibility and sportmanship in Spanish football and he dares plays the victim card??

The saddest part is looking at the tweets comments and finding that culés are loving this self-victimization and support for Laporta is bigger than before.

Mes que un cult.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
You put a play only and that's why Madrid is harmed. Please raise the bar.
With such a huge, huge and brainy analysis anyone refutes anything. The truth possesses you, impossible to counter that argument.

You have to analyze an entire season, not put a random play and say that is why Madrid is harmed.
If everyone did like you then all the teams would be favored and disadvantaged at the same time, by putting a video of when a club is favored and another video of when it is disadvantaged.

We are going to call your theory Schrödinger's negreira. A club is favored and disadvantaged at the same time.
This is just laughable. Your whole defense of Barcelona has been half a dozen single plays and isolated clips. You have literally been doing exactly what you are criticizing this poster of doing, while ignoring any clips of calls that went in Barcelona's favor.

Simple matter of facts appears to be that Barcelona have been paying the ref's VP, who was directly involved in the promotion/relegation of the referee's. We don't need to try and find single events where it doesn't quiet go to planed for them, because we already know that they have been paying the money. That is corruption, plain and simple, unless they can provide an acceptable reason why they would be paying him, and the evidence of the services that he rendered.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Hahaha are you seriously arguing that Barca didn't pay enough?

That's beyond cynical.
Here a few fans say "it is that Barcelona have not been whistled a penalty in 2 years, you see how they favored him thanks to Negreira."

And of course, in those 2 years Barcelona will have been whistled 20 different referees. And for that to happen Barcelona would have to have bought 20 referees, 40 linesmen and all for the modest price of € 300,000 a year.
A nonsense the argument of these people.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
This is just laughable. Your whole defense of Barcelona has been half a dozen single plays and isolated clips. You have literally been doing exactly what you are criticizing this poster of doing, while ignoring any clips of calls that went in Barcelona's favor.

Simple matter of facts appears to be that Barcelona have been paying the ref's VP, who was directly involved in the promotion/relegation of the referee's. We don't need to try and find single events where it doesn't quiet go to planed for them, because we already know that they have been paying the money. That is corruption, plain and simple, unless they can provide an acceptable reason why they would be paying him, and the evidence of the services that he rendered.
I have lived the day to day of that situation at the time. And I put those plays, and what I've been told " I don't need to see those plays ". That's it. End of debate.
I have also put videos of the tie against Arsenal 2011 where the myth was that Barcelona was benefited. I put it 2 times and no one responds.

HisNameIsEarl

What do you expect? That they documented the bribery?

Any corruption legislation worth its name includes semblance, so there is no room for a legal business relationship between the club and the arbitration. Don't know about the spanish laws, but in general, what is known already, should suffice.
@Niemans , you completely ignored this - there is no legal business relationship and no good explanations that can save you. The bribery and proof are the payments themselves, as they are already proven. This is corruption, nothing else, and you can't deny it without making yourself a fool.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I have lived the day to day of that situation at the time. And I put those plays, and what I've been told " I don't need to see those plays ". That's it. End of debate.
I have also put videos of the tie against Arsenal 2011 where the myth was that Barcelona was benefited. I put it 2 times and no one responds.
I asked you simple question and you didn't respond.

Then why do you think Barca paid the money to the ref head which wasn't even legally mentioned in the expenses?

Strelok

Athletic fans chanting "a Segunda" = "to Second (Division)" and throwing fake notes in their game vs Barcelona today.

More of this please. From now on anytime Barca play the opposition fans absolutely should do this.

RoyH1

More of this please. From now on anytime Barca play the opposition fans absolutely should do this.
And that is exactly it. Nothing will happen on the legal front due to the massive political pressure the Spanish government would be under. Sanchez literally depends on the regional nationalist parties to remain in power. That and the fact that most of the Spanish private media is in the hands of an important Barsa will ensure it will end up for naught on the front.

But now every time they show up at someone else's stadium, they will be reminded of this. Every time Pique or someone like him gets up and says that they are a holy, unique institution without parallel in the world, he and other like him will be mocked. This stain will not wipe away.

Castia

That’s your defence? It wasn’t enough money? :lol:

Nothing suspicious here guys it was only 300k

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
And of course, in those 2 years Barcelona will have been whistled 20 different referees. And for that to happen Barcelona would have to have bought 20 referees, 40 linesmen and all for the modest price of € 300,000 a year.
This is complete and utter nonsense. You do not need to bribe "20 referees and 40 linesmen" to get no penalty calls against you. The amount of natural penalty calls for a top team every season is low, somewhere between 4-6. All you need are a few favorable calls in a few games.

Last edited:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So why exactly did Barca pay money to the refs?
Are you blind?
It's obvious it was to make sure they get impartial refs at their games and consultancy on how to be respectful towards referees.

Its got absolutely nothing to do with getting imaginary penalties every time one of their players gets star-fished (Suarez) or trips over himself (alba's one is hilarious).

Barca should have won 11 straight league titles during that time period. Corruption meant Atletico and Madrid won a few in between.

Stop being stupid and admit the very obvious truth that this is a Florentino/Franco conspiracy to throw dirt at the image of angelic Barcelona.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
"Verbal advice" on referee's and they're preferences supposedly. The guy they were paying was allegedly giving them reports on what the referee in their upcoming game was keen on and not so keen on.
Ah right, okay. Sounds dodgy as hell.
Are you blind?
It's obvious it was to make sure they get impartial refs at their games and consultancy on how to be respectful towards referees.

Its got absolutely nothing to do with getting imaginary penalties every time one of their players gets star-fished (Suarez) or trips over himself (alba's one is hilarious).

Barca should have won 11 straight league titles during that time period. Corruption meant Atletico and Madrid won a few in between.

Stop being stupid and admit the very obvious truth that this is a Florentino/Franco conspiracy to throw dirt at the image of angelic Barcelona.
:lol:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Here a few fans say "it is that Barcelona have not been whistled a penalty in 2 years, you see how they favored him thanks to Negreira."

You're hilarious. Keep the good work up.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
@Niemans , you completely ignored this - there is no legal business relationship and no good explanations that can save you. The bribery and proof are the payments themselves, as they are already proven. This is corruption, nothing else, and you can't deny it without making yourself a fool.
A certain type of Barcelona fan is just betting it all on an unsuccessful prosecution. Defend the club at all costs but also claim "it must be investigated and there must be punishments if the law was finally broken."

crossy1686

career ending
A certain type of Barcelona fan is just betting it all on an unsuccessful prosecution. Defend the club at all costs but also claim "it must be investigated and there must be punishments if the law was finally broken."
Why do that when you can just defend your club at all costs and then blame corruption and an anti-Barcelona agenda when you're found guilty?

It's a small club mentality, Barcelona fans can't help it, they've always been in Madrid's shadow, they have a lot in common with City.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
But legal, they're allowed to do that of course, but there is no actual proof that's what happened because there's no paper trail for any of this.
“mister goncales is such a nice man, we should see what types of flowers he likes best, so we can send him some.”

“agreed! but how could we ever find out such information?”

“7m to his boss ought to do it.”

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
But legal, they're allowed to do that of course, but there is no actual proof that's what happened because there's no paper trail for any of this.
Well there is a paper trail. The ref paid taxes on the money and Barca have admitted that they paid the ref. So, there is proof of payment (tax payments) and admittance of that services were rendered.

The issue at hand is instead, were the payments sinoly for advice as claimed or were they for favourable calls? This is what needs to be answered.

People keep saying that FCB will get away with it, however I am not to sure, a this is going to one of Spains' top courts; this isn't going to some kangaroo sports court/arbitration panel. For me, unless FCB can prove that the services were for 'advice' as they claim, they'll get found guilty, especially as they initially tried to hide the payments.

No way does a national court cave into FCB as it would make a joke of the entire counties judicial system. The question will instead be will La Liga/Spanish FA hide behind the 'time barred' excuse.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
@Niemans you’re genuinely an embarrassment. At least the City fans here accepted the shit their club does and don’t defend it.

You’re the worst type of fan supporting a shit club who’s greatest period of success will always be tainted.

Pass and Move

Nothing as clear-cut as paying refs to award Barca penalties needs to happen. I can't imagine enough referees willing to be corrupt enough to commit to that level of cheating without this whole affair coming to light earlier. However, I think it's quite reasonable to think that referees would be advised to allow certain actions to go unpunished in order to 'benefit football' or something, for example, not carding tactical fouls that aren't dangerous and were a hallmark of Barca over the last decade and a half. Perhaps even being encouraged to protect 'technical' players such as Messi, Xavi and Iniesta for the benefit of Spanish football/ La Liga.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
No, it’s enough to bribe the guy who reviews their performance and makes or breaks their career. The refs will quickly learn how to fall line to keep their career or they will be demoted. Much more cost effective than paying all of them.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
People keep saying that FCB will get away with it, however I am not too sure. This is going to one of Spains top courts, this isn't going to some kangaroo sports court/arbitration panel. For me, unless FCB can prove that the services were for 'advice' as they claim, they'll get found guilty, especially as they initially tried to hid the payments.use.
They are almost certainly in trouble, but it probably won't extend to the sporting fraud charge, which is hard to find direct evidence for.

Tarrou

No, it’s enough to bribe the guy who reviews their performance and makes or breaks their career. The refs will quickly learn how to fall line to keep their career or they will be demoted. Much more cost effective than paying all of them.
its cost efficient and less risky too

gotta hand it to City and Barca, they are elite at cheating

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
@Niemans you’re genuinely an embarrassment. At least the City fans here accepted the shit their club does and don’t defend it.
It's just so unnecessary.

It would be trivially easy for Niemans to say, "we were very good during this period, we won leagues by X amount of points, even if we had a few calls in our favor we would have won most titles." Instead he busts out "actually we deserved all the titles", the most entitled argument I have ever heard.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I don’t know enough to comment on the particulars. Sad story, and any neutral observer would say it looks terrible and smells to high heaven. Barca have brought much to the game, and this takes a lot of their shine. Fair play to @Niemans for hanging in here, like other oppo fans you have to respect that. As with other such cases I hope the judgement is clear and proportionate punishment is meted out.