Official: FC Barcelona charged with Corruption over payments to former referees chief | UEFA open investigation

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
Ref couldn't wait to send off van persie. What was the score at the time? I kinda have this feeling it was 1-1 or something. And bendtner missed a late chance
Yes it was 1-1 and 3-2 on aggregate for Arsenal by that time.
Wenger told Guardiola to congratulate the referee.
The reply: "The reality is Arsenal were not able to string together three consecutive passes and they were not able to shoot once on goal.”

It was also that fantastic period when a shoulder to shoulder was always a fout against when the opponent was a British teams in the CL against Barca

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
In light of the whole night I think the fact they weren’t sent off speaks volumes. Normally a referee wouldn’t stand for that abuse if they fully believed in what they’d done, seems like a guilty conscience could have been at play now.
You are probably right. Re-living that night in my head just makes me so numb. The ref was just so, so bad. For both sides but undoubtedly we should have had at least 2 clear penalties.

SAFMUTD

It will end in nothing more than a penalty fee. Sadly this issue hasnt been taken with the importance that it should.

lex talionis

This is so egregious it's hard to come to terms with the fact that Barcelona will only have their wrist slapped, at worst, by La Liga and UEFA.

Barcelona fans on here...are you ok with the actions of your club?

Amarsdd

This is so egregious it's hard to come to terms with the fact that Barcelona will only have their wrist slapped, at worst, by La Liga and UEFA.

Barcelona fans on here...are you ok with the actions of your club?
A penalty was given against them in the 2012 El Classico! so no corruption!!

DizeeGorilla20

It's Barcelona.
Nothing will happen and next season they will spend another €300m on new players.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The logical thing. This scenario was foreseeable from the moment a referee filed a complaint in court and the Prosecutor's Office has been forced to stop its investigation and prosecute it.
On the other hand, the opinion of the prosecutor who collects the complaint is nothing more than an absolutely preliminary investigative hypothesis. Now the judicial investigation is properly initiated and this is where any hypothesis must be confirmed or rejected.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The logical thing. This scenario was foreseeable from the moment a referee filed a complaint in court and the Prosecutor's Office has been forced to stop its investigation and prosecute it.
On the other hand, the opinion of the prosecutor who collects the complaint is nothing more than an absolutely preliminary investigative hypothesis. Now the judicial investigation is properly initiated and this is where any hypothesis must be confirmed or rejected.
And what do you think about the hypothesis given all the information we have so far?

InfiniteBoredom

There’s not going to be any drastic consequences.

La Liga as a competition cannot survive without Barcelona. The duopoly has succeeded in crippling the rest of the league and is now impervious from meaningful sanctions. Interest is already low since Ronaldo/Messi departure, even when Madrid continued to do well in CL, people would tune off completely if Barca get a Rangers-lite sanction.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
WHERES NIEMANS AND THE REST OF THE CHEERLEADERS?!
Well, I'm here waiting for the investigation to be celebrated and then the trial, although after Barcelona is innocent you will continue to say that they are guilty. You have already handed down a sentence no matter what happens.

Getting a BIOS update
Yes, as in the other thread. Where I received 6-8 quotes at noon and as many at night, where here many people said that Barcelona was benefited in Europe and gave an example of the Arsenal tie and the expulsion of V. Persie.
I put a post with videos and images saying that this was not true and that in that tie Barcelona had been hurt a lot.
And suddenly the next day 0 quotes at noon, curious. I open at night and also 0 quotes, strange. And the next day also 0 quotes.

Not a mention of the post by anyone, silent withdrawal of all. Not even a "was wrong" or "had another perception".

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
And what do you think about the hypothesis given all the information we have so far?
Well, that's hypotheses. The facts are as follows:

- Barcelona from 2001 to 2018 was harmed by arbitration errors, depriving them of winning four leagues (3 against Real Madrid and another with Atlético) and a Copa del Rey that they lost against Mourinho.

- With the money paid to Negreira, you can't even buy a half-referee's shoe. They earn a lot and well so that these things do not happen.

- As Iturralde González (former referee) said, 90% of the referees are from Real Madrid and if Negreira had tried to influence them, there would already have been a complaint.

- - The amount that Negreira's son was paid to make arbitration reports is disproportionate, especially during the Laporta era where his money tripled.
Here Laporta has to come out to explain why this amount tripled and for what. It's strange.

From here to see what evidence is provided to clarify the matter.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

La Liga as a competition cannot survive without Barcelona. The duopoly has succeeded in crippling the rest of the league and is now impervious from meaningful sanctions. Interest is already low since Ronaldo/Messi departure, even when Madrid continued to do well in CL, people would tune off completely if Barca get a Rangers-lite sanction.
I see it the opposite way.

La Liga as a competition cannot survive without severely punishing a club that has paid the VP of the Referee Committee for almost 20 years. A minor fine will mean it is ok to cheat in the competition as the consequences of your actions will be negligible and a shadow of doubt will always plague a competition that no one will be able to ever take seriously again.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
And suddenly the next day 0 quotes at noon, curious. I open at night and also 0 quotes, strange. And the next day also 0 quotes.
Not a mention of the post by anyone, silent withdrawal of all. Not even a "was wrong" or "had another perception".
Yes, you got a similar response as if you were a schizophrenic man ranting in the middle of the street about the rapture. The question is why.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Yes, you got a similar response as if you were a schizophrenic man ranting in the middle of the street about the rapture. The question is why.
You have alluded to why you were the one who put Barcelona benefited against Inter 2010 and Arsenal 2011.
Obviously without putting any type of evidence or arguments or explanations.

I gave you the evidence and arguments by which Barcelona was harmed and also very clearly and then you disappeared from the map. You and everyone else.

That's what happens when the echo chamber is so gigantic that the brainwashing is massive.

You can go right now to the post from then and tell me where Barcelona benefited. And see all the plays where Barcelona was clearly harmed.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
@Niemans

Thank you for your view. I won't go on about the differences between facts and opinions again, because even the Groundhog Day has end to it.

Took my time to investigate the salaries of referees for five minutes in Google. Linesmen take a fixed salary of around 6500 euros per month in 2023. Main referees about twice of that amount. Then they get 2100 per game in the case of linesmen and 4200 for the main referees per game they are involved with, with an average of two matches per month.

Which makes me think that a good way to keep on that level of salaries is not being relegated. And in order not to get relegated, it is maybe a good strategy to follow the criteria of the people evaluating the referees.

And since one of the people evaluating the referees was supposed to be Enriquez Negreira well, maybe it was not that much necessary to pay any referee straight away, even though, we don't know exactly where that money was going to, since Enriquez Negreira did not appear to have increased his wealth in those 20 years.

stevoc

Should take away their CL wins between 1994 and 2018 and award it to the runners up ...
Nah their 2006 win was totally legit. Their 2009 and 2011 wins are obviously tainted and should be stripped and awarded to the runners-up. No idea who that was though I'll have to google it.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
It is curious that this similar response did not happen in my previous responses, but rather when I posted photos and videos, arguing everything very clearly. Of course, of course, coincidence.

And now you say this just for not admitting that you were wrong. What little ability to recognize that you were wrong, and instead of that you simply do mental gymnastics or disappear.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Well, that's hypotheses. The facts are as follows:

- Barcelona from 2001 to 2018 was harmed by arbitration errors, depriving them of winning four leagues (3 against Real Madrid and another with Atlético) and a Copa del Rey that they lost against Mourinho.
That's far from facts.

- With the money paid to Negreira, you can't even buy a half-referee's shoe. They earn a lot and well so that these things do not happen.
If only Negreira was a guy with influence and in the position to control the promotions of referees and guarantee they earn a lot... oh wait

- As Iturralde González (former referee) said, 90% of the referees are from Real Madrid and if Negreira had tried to influence them, there would already have been a complaint.
That's not a fact, that's an hypothesis of yours. I'm beginning to think you don't know what a fact is.

- - The amount that Negreira's son was paid to make arbitration reports is disproportionate, especially during the Laporta era where his money tripled.
Here Laporta has to come out to explain why this amount tripled and for what. It's strange.
Yeah, too bad no one has ever seen those reports.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
2009, they should kick them out of the final, after what that ref did and we have United - Chelsea play that final with all the players from 2009.
It will be called The Geriatrics Final.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
@Niemans

Thank you for your view. I won't go on about the differences between facts and opinions again, because even the Groundhog Day has end to it.

Took my time to investigate the salaries of referees for five minutes in Google. Linesmen take a fixed salary of around 6500 euros per month in 2023. Main referees about twice of that amount. Then they get 2100 per game in the case of linesmen and 4200 for the main referees per game they are involved with, with an average of two matches per month.

Which makes me think that a good way to keep on that level of salaries is not being relegated. And in order not to get relegated, it is maybe a good strategy to follow the criteria of the people evaluating the referees.

And since one of the people evaluating the referees was supposed to be Enriquez Negreira well, maybe it was not that much necessary to pay any referee straight away, even though, we don't know exactly where that money was going to, since Enriquez Negreira did not appear to have increased his wealth in those 20 years.
The matter is strange and that successive presidents continued with the payments as well. I am interested in knowing the truth and paying the consequences if there are crimes.

I am very tired of the internal political wars between former presidents, the media, in everything that involves Barcelona. The incompetence of others and many more things.
Very tired. I hope someone similar to the best president in the history of Barcelona returns, in my opinion, may he rest in peace, which was José Luis Núñez.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
That's far from facts.

If only Negreira was a guy with influence and in the position to control the promotions of referees and guarantee they earn a lot... oh wait

That's not a fact, that's an hypothesis of yours. I'm beginning to think you don't know what a fact is.

Yeah, too bad no one has ever seen those reports.
I'm not going to put everything again. If you are interested in the subject you can search for it. Those things take me a long time and tire me out, as well as having to answer one by one.
Anyone who wants to have an opinion should watch the matches of those seasons and then they won't have to believe one or the other.

Olecurls99

I'm not going to put everything again. If you are interested in the subject you can search for it. Those things take me a long time and tire me out, as well as having to answer one by one.
Anyone who wants to have an opinion should watch the matches of those seasons and then they won't have to believe one or the other.
So you want us to watch matches of 15 years ago to see whether the corrupt payments to a referee chief was effective or not?

Em no, the whole corrupt payments is enough, in and of itself, thank you very much.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
So you want us to watch matches of 15 years ago to see whether the corrupt payments to a referee chief was effective or not?

Em no, the whole corrupt payments is enough, in and of itself, thank you very much.
“We didn’t get all the calls! Hell, we should get a refund for services not delivered!”

RedDevilQuebecois

2009, they should kick them out of the final, after what that ref did and we have United - Chelsea play that final with all the players from 2009.
It will be called The Geriatrics Final.
:lol:

Seriously though, that 2nd leg of the Chelsea/Barcelona semifinal still leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. I don't think I will ever be able to believe that referee saying that he just had a bad day. To make one or two mistakes in a game, I get it. But to call no penalty on 4 instances where it was clear enough to award a penalty is outright blatant corruption.

We should have had that rematch against Chelsea, even if it was not that sexy for UEFA. United and Chelsea were the best teams out of all 4 semifinalists.

Spanish football already is in a huge mess now, but it will get only worse unless the authorities choose to perform an open heart surgery. It's now that they must swing that axe. People may laugh at Scotland because Celtic dominated there for nearly a decade when Rangers had to climb their way back up, but cleaning up the mess was all worth it in order to prevent something far worse.

Atletico Madrid could provide that new kind of competition on a more regular basis now if it wasn't for that outdated sandwich of a manager. They signed more than enough talent to compete better, but they are always constrained by Simeone's own tactical shortcomings. People turn off their TVs when they play because of his style, nothing more nor less.

mav_9me

Let's see if you can answer this.

The matches don't matter.

If u pay a hitman to kill me, and he fails, doesn't mean you are not guilty. I don't care what the referees did or did not do for you. You paid the referring official, we don't know why, agreed?

Let me ask you this basic question. Do you think Barcelona paid this guy, yes or no? Is there a valid reason for the payment?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Nope. Juventus and the people involved were cleared by penal justice because all the proof - while obvious - was circumstantial, and penal justice must prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. Which is the same reason why Barcelona and the people involved in this case will get away with it too
Wtf? You are just saying that the herd sentiment is however right and precedes any fair trial and their outcomes, which is laughable in principle and one of the reasons global football is just a gigantic circus nowdays.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
You have alluded to why you were the one who put Barcelona benefited against Inter 2010 and Arsenal 2011.
Obviously without putting any type of evidence or arguments or explanations.

I gave you the evidence and arguments by which Barcelona was harmed and also very clearly and then you disappeared from the map. You and everyone else.
You did no such thing and nobody disappeared. Stop lying.

I responded to your inane post about how Barcelona were harmed in 2010 by posting this photo, of an incident which gave your opponents a red card for a dive:

Incredible to even bring up this game.
And your response was:

Of course, because Pepe didn't do the same, right?
Just a complete non-answer and whining about Real Madrid. Stop pretending like you're trying to rationally engage people. Nobody buys it.

NLunited

It is very clear what happened: Barça paid bribes for years and it is an outrage.

It‘s an outrage so many calls still went against Barcelona. Let‘s award them more cups and championchips retrospectively.

After all, they are more than a club.

caid

You did no such thing and nobody disappeared. Stop lying.

I responded to your inane post about how Barcelona were harmed in 2010 by posting this photo, of an incident which gave your opponents a red card for a dive:

And your response was:

Just a complete non-answer and whining about Real Madrid. Stop pretending like you're trying to rationally engage people. Nobody buys it.
Yup, that was my memory of it too. Loads of people replied to it. By laughing mostly