g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Official: FC Barcelona charged with Corruption over payments to former referees chief | UEFA open investigation

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Are there any trophies which Barcelona should not have won in the past 20 years?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona from 2001 to 2018 was harmed by arbitration errors, depriving them of winning four leagues (3 against Real Madrid and another with Atlético) and a Copa del Rey that they lost against Mourinho.
Niemans claims that nobody wants to address him but this was already addressed (and roundly, deservedly mocked) in the previous thread. For example, here.

For people who are not aware, Barcelona won the league in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. Real Madrid won the league in 2012, 2017, and 2020. Atletico Madrid won the league in 2014.

Niemans claims that Barcelona should have won 2 of those 3 leagues Real Madrid won, and the one Atletico won. In other words, Barcelona should have won the league every single season from 2008 to 2020 2019. 12 11 consecutive league titles. Against a club that won the Champions League 4 times in the same period, and another club that reached 2 finals. A feat that hasn't been achieved even in one-club leagues.

When you construct an argument that leads you to such a demented conclusion, it means the argument is wrong. People don't have to go line by line and demolish it. It's just clearly nonsense. The level of entitlement it takes to make an argument like this and expect people to take seriously is awe inspiring.

edit: in fairness to Niemans, he thinks it's only 11, not 12.

Last edited:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Niemans claims that nobody wants to address him but this was already addressed (and roundly, deservedly mocked) in the previous thread. For example, here.

For people who are not aware, Barcelona won the league in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. Real Madrid won the league in 2012, 2017, and 2020. Atletico Madrid won the league in 2014. But I really do want to restate it just so people understand what we're dealing with here.

Niemans claims that Barcelona should have won those 3 leagues Real Madrid won, and the one Atletico won. In other words, Barcelona should have won the league every single season from 2008 to 2020. 12 consecutive league titles. Against a club that won the Champions League 4 times in the same period, and another club that reached 2 finals. A feat that hasn't been achieved even in one-club leagues.

When you construct an argument that leads you to such a demented conclusion, it means the argument is wrong. People don't have to go line by line and demolish it. It's just clearly nonsense. The level of entitlement it takes to make an argument like this and expect people to take seriously is awe inspiring.
Hey, they paid for those titles and didn’t get them!

Injusticia.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Wonder of real are involved. That Nani red card still haunts me.
It makes me sad to think of all the corruption that goes on in football

My best guess to any I’ve witnessed is that Nani red card vs Madrid
Nope. Only Barca is involved. As previously discussed the Barca-Negreira affair was discovered by the reporter Sique Rodríguez (a Barca fan as you can see by his Twitter profile) from the program Que t'hi jugues from SER Barcelona. In this video Sique admits that they investigated as much as they could to find any leads that would mean other team (specially Real Madrid) was also involved in this affair but they found none.

Negreira mentioned in one of his burofax to Barca that the club insisted in the 'exclusivity' of Negreira's work so that he couldn't work for other third parties. In the same document he admitted rendering favours to Barca btw. You can read them document (in Spanish) here.

The money was just resting in his account
I know it is a joke but an important part in this affair is that Negreira would withdraw 20k€ monthly in cash during all the years that Barca paid him. Nobody knows, and the police investigation couldn't find, what he did with the money. His exwife said the money didn't reach their household. Proof in this article
So yeah, that money moved around, we just don't know to where.
I hope someone similar to the best president in the history of Barcelona returns, in my opinion, may he rest in peace, which was José Luis Núñez.
Funny you say that. According to several articles, although the proof of payments to Negreira can only be traced to 2001, everything points to the fact that this affair started before, during Núñez's presidency.
Are there any trophies which Barcelona should not have won in the past 20 years?
I guess the Joan Gamper trophies are alright. The rest...

Niemans claims that Barcelona should have won every single season from 2008 to 2020. 12 consecutive league titles. Against a club that won the Champions League 4 times in the same period, and another club that reached 2 finals. A feat that hasn't been achieved even in one-club leagues.
Awesome argument. Si cuela, cuela.
All those times Barca fans acted like they had the divine right to win every tournament... Turns out it was just Negreira.

Last edited:

432JuanMata

Was to lazy to read the thread but I presume they paid that ref when they screwed Chelsea I think it was 09

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
God bless the Spanish tax man. The final boss of football.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
God bless the Spanish tax man. The final boss of football.
According to the most recent articles in Spain all this affair was revealed, and the whole investigation started, because Barca tried to deduct the payments they made to Negreira.

Several newspapers have already covered it. It is simply too hilarious. The memes are going to be everlasting if true.

alexthelion

Well, that's hypotheses. The facts are as follows:

- Barcelona from 2001 to 2018 was harmed by arbitration errors, depriving them of winning four leagues (3 against Real Madrid and another with Atlético) and a Copa del Rey that they lost against Mourinho.

- With the money paid to Negreira, you can't even buy a half-referee's shoe. They earn a lot and well so that these things do not happen.

- As Iturralde González (former referee) said, 90% of the referees are from Real Madrid and if Negreira had tried to influence them, there would already have been a complaint.

- - The amount that Negreira's son was paid to make arbitration reports is disproportionate, especially during the Laporta era where his money tripled.
Here Laporta has to come out to explain why this amount tripled and for what. It's strange.

From here to see what evidence is provided to clarify the matter.
:lol:

432JuanMata

While our owners be too cheap anyway I’m always proud that we never did this as seen in Italy/Spain this is shameful for the club

Cloud7

For people who are not aware, Barcelona won the league in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. Real Madrid won the league in 2012, 2017, and 2020. Atletico Madrid won the league in 2014. But I really do want to restate it just so people understand what we're dealing with here.

Niemans claims that Barcelona should have won those 3 leagues Real Madrid won, and the one Atletico won. In other words, Barcelona should have won the league every single season from 2008 to 2020. 12 consecutive league titles. Against a club that won the Champions League 4 times in the same period, and another club that reached 2 finals. A feat that hasn't been achieved even in one-club leagues.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can someone tell Barca fans that posting in bold characters doesn't add any meaning to the bullshit they are spouting?

Oscar Bonavena

"More than a club".......

An organised crime syndicate.

Thank God we knocked them out of Europe, would've been sick losing to them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Was to lazy to read the thread but I presume they paid that ref when they screwed Chelsea I think it was 09
Probably refs in their two games against us this year also, especially in that OT game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The matter is strange and that successive presidents continued with the payments as well. I am interested in knowing the truth and paying the consequences if there are crimes.

I am very tired of the internal political wars between former presidents, the media, in everything that involves Barcelona. The incompetence of others and many more things.
Very tired. I hope someone similar to the best president in the history of Barcelona returns, in my opinion, may he rest in peace, which was José Luis Núñez.
Barca paid around 6 million to person in charge of refs, why do you think they did?

Ofcourse Barca also got many calls against them just like they get in their favour, that's common for any club. That's a human error.

What Barca did is blatant corruption, paying money to get favourable calls.

Alonzo

Well, that's hypotheses. The facts are as follows:

- Barcelona from 2001 to 2018 was harmed by arbitration errors, depriving them of winning four leagues (3 against Real Madrid and another with Atlético) and a Copa del Rey that they lost against Mourinho.

- With the money paid to Negreira, you can't even buy a half-referee's shoe. They earn a lot and well so that these things do not happen.

- As Iturralde González (former referee) said, 90% of the referees are from Real Madrid and if Negreira had tried to influence them, there would already have been a complaint.

- - The amount that Negreira's son was paid to make arbitration reports is disproportionate, especially during the Laporta era where his money tripled.
Here Laporta has to come out to explain why this amount tripled and for what. It's strange.

From here to see what evidence is provided to clarify the matter.
ahhh so it is in fact BARCA who are the victim here. of course.

croadyman

You are probably right. Re-living that night in my head just makes me so numb. The ref was just so, so bad. For both sides but undoubtedly we should have had at least 2 clear penalties.
Yeah have to admit you were totally robbed

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah have to admit you were totally robbed
No they weren't.

Ovrebo was awful. But referee errors were made on both sides.

Robbed was us in 04 against Mourinho's Porto but I don't hear as much whining on that.

And why is a UEFA competition being brought up in a thread about potential La Liga corruption? Are Series A's CL trophies during Calciopoli under doubt too?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
No they weren't.

Ovrebo was awful. But referee errors were made on both sides.

Robbed was us in 04 against Mourinho's Porto but I don't hear as much whining on that.

And why is a UEFA competition being brought up in a thread about potential La Liga corruption? Are Series A's CL trophies during Calciopoli under doubt too?
No one is complaining about it. Iniesta scored a brilliant goal that night and yes like I previously stated, he made bad calls for both teams but it weighed significantly worse for Chelsea across the tie. That was a brilliant Barcelona side whose players will deservedly be looked back on as some of the greatest ever however the politics will now forever tarnish them and their achievements.

As for your second point, like another poster stated in the other thread on this topic, if they’ve been proven to be corrupt in one competition then who is to say they haven’t done anything in any other competition? It would be completely naive to just rule it out. I must clarify I’m not accusing them of doing so but it should be the natural step in the investigation. How wide is this web of corruption and who else is in on it. UEFA and FIFA have proven track records of corrupt politics during this time so it’s certainly not something we should rule out.

Pronewbie

Peep
I see it the opposite way.

La Liga as a competition cannot survive without severely punishing a club that has paid the VP of the Referee Committee for almost 20 years. A minor fine will mean it is ok to cheat in the competition as the consequences of your actions will be negligible and a shadow of doubt will always plague a competition that no one will be able to ever take seriously again.
Never let a crisis go to waste. Time for the Super League.

RoyH1

A criminally corrupt, entitled cesspool of a “club”. I don’t hold my breath for them being punished in Spain due to the political considerations (one does not harm the flag ship of Catalan independence) but at least the whole narrative of them being a special, somehow better football club will die internationally. This stain will never wipe off

ClosetDevil

From the sounds of it, these are just charges that have been brought forwards. There shouldn't really be any punishment until the charges are substantiated and they are found guilty of wrongdoing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No one is complaining about it. Iniesta scored a brilliant goal that night and yes like I previously stated, he made bad calls for both teams but it weighed significantly worse for Chelsea across the tie. That was a brilliant Barcelona side whose players will deservedly be looked back on as some of the greatest ever however the politics will now forever tarnish them and their achievements.

As for your second point, like another poster stated in the other thread on this topic, if they’ve been proven to be corrupt in one competition then who is to say they haven’t done anything in any other competition? It would be completely naive to just rule it out. I must clarify I’m not accusing them of doing so but it should be the natural step in the investigation. How wide is this web of corruption and who else is in on it. UEFA and FIFA have proven track records of corrupt politics during this time so it’s certainly not something we should rule out.
Sounds a bit conspiracy theory ish to me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wtf? You are just saying that the herd sentiment is however right and precedes any fair trial and their outcomes, which is laughable in principle and one of the reasons global football is just a gigantic circus nowdays.
No. I'm saying the opposite of that. I am saying that penal courts require proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt - rightly so - and therefore circumstantial evidence - no matter how obviously guilty it makes them look to the common man - is not enough for conviction - again, rightly so

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Barca fan’s entire argument is “we didn’t get our money’s worth”. That’s not a defence.

Olecurls99

Mes que un club. Un club corrupto

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

For people who are not aware, Barcelona won the league in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. Real Madrid won the league in 2012, 2017, and 2020. Atletico Madrid won the league in 2014.

They made the payment, did you? So ofcourse they deserve to win those titles too. They deserve the return on investment.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Awesome argument. Si cuela, cuela.
All those times Barca fans acted like they had the divine right to win every tournament... Turns out it was just Negreira.
It's a very strange argument since there is no actual mystery here.

Barcelona were worse than usual in the seasons where they didn't win the title. In Pep's 4th they lost to Chelsea in the CL and had their worst points tally in 3 years, and Pep quit at the end of the season. In Martino's season they won nothing, failed to make it to CL semis for the first time in 6 years, and he was fired. In Luis Enrique's 3rd season they were hammered by PSG and Juventus in the CL, and he also quit at the end of the season.

I can sort of understand feeling aggrieved about things involving the first 3 years of Pep's time there, since they were quite amazing then. But ever since then they've "just" been a great team. Great teams lose titles. It happens.

Last edited:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
No. I'm saying the opposite of that. I am saying that penal courts require proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt - rightly so - and therefore circumstantial evidence - no matter how obviously guilty it makes them look to the common man - is not enough for conviction - again, rightly so
You know, Moggi was cleared (the final sentence https://www.goal.com/en/news/ex-juventus-chief-moggi-a-free-man-following-final/bltab9f23c94ca3c73d ), not acquitted because of reasonable doubt and circumstantial evidence (your film).

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The Barca fan’s entire argument is “we didn’t get our money’s worth”. That’s not a defence.
It is the great „We hired a hitman but he missed. Therefore we didn’t do anything illegal. Oh, and we want our money back.“ defense.