OFFICIAL: Ibrahimovic leaves Man Utd | Club confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikelesh Reddy

All the best Big fella...We will never forget your goals,the trophies you helped us win and your refreshing attitude.All the best for your future endeavours...Cheers Zlatan!!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He will go down as their best ever player, won the title as expected of him and went further in Europe in those years than United managed.

Don't think he wasted anything really .
Best ever PSG player means feck all tbh. It's not a historic club at all why should being their best player ever be better than possibly being a legend at Man United.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Happy that we got a year of Zlatan. Criminal that we didn't consider bringing him to OT earlier.

JB7

Delighted that we got to see him at Old Trafford in a United shirt. He's a legend of the game and it's the right time for him to move on. All the best to him.

Martial

The moment that knee injury happened against Anderlecht, you really did feel that was going to be the end of Zlatan's United career. Sad it really did end that way.

Great he proved a lot of people wrong the fantastic season he gave us in England.

TheReligion

Abusive
Scored against City and Liverpool, won us the League Cup and helped us into the Europa League final which we subsequently won.

So sad he suffered that freak injury when he did. Certainly think he'd of thrived again this year.

Thanks Zlatan you absolute legend.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Insta post is a bit straight to the point innit.

Silly, the people saying Rashford could've developed more if he didn't come. For starters, we have and had a lack of leaders and even on his off days, at least Zlatan had an air of giving a feck about him. Plus our younger players would have a lack of direction without players like him being around. Then there's the obvious benefits of him directly teaching players like Rashford.

Last edited:

baskinginthesun

Farewell. Will miss him. Great player and glad he was able to don the United shirt for a season.

beedoubleyou

Great character, superb cameo and an chant that'll be sung forever. Deserved another season and it was good of the club to allow him every opportunity to recover.

CM

Not all that surprising. The injury meant he lost a yard he couldn't really afford to lose, it's a shame it ended that way for him but no point prolonging the inevitable.

JohnnyKills

Never really a fan of his tbh, but what a CV. Juve, Milan, Ajax, Inter, Barca and us. All he needs is Real and Bayern to complete the full set of Europe's elite clubs.

beedoubleyou

Best ever PSG player means feck all tbh. It's not a historic club at all why should being their best player ever be better than possibly being a legend at Man United.
Not sure he ever had a straight choice between being either. Insane career, churlish to poke holes in it.

Morpheus 7

He was a good stop gap for us, good leader and helped us in the cup competition's last season. This season was a non starter, shame he couldn't hang around to May. Could have been important coming off the bench late on. Oh well, hope he enjoys the mls.

Claudio Salinas Ruiz

He gave important things to the club during the 16/17 season, but in this last season he was relegated by the injury. Good luck to him.

RedDevil@84

Rumours that LA Galaxy will announce Zlatan on Friday and will be available for the Easter clash with derby rivals LAFC

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I’m wearing the Utd shirt right now with Zlatan at the back. I will wear this shirt for years to come. Thank you for the goals Zlatan. Especially the one against Southampton in the final.

Reactions: SteveJ

RedDevil@84

I’m wearing the Utd shirt right now with Zlatan at the back. I will wear this shirt for years to come. Thank you for the goals Zlatan. Especially the one against Southampton in the final.
Zlatan involved right from clearing the ball to the goal at the other end.

Last edited:

Canagel

Zlatan does not leave Manchester United. Manchester United leaves Zlatan.

Alabaster Codify7

Thanks for the memories and your contribution last season, big man.
Really enjoyed Zlatan's fleeting time at the club. Best of luck to him for the rest of his twilight career.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of the modern era top boys, and a privilege to have him at our club, even if it was very late on, and just for the one season really.

Quite a strange season, as he scored a lot of goals, but had one really long drought, and seemed to miss loads of chances too.
However, he was the sort of winning mentality character that we needed to get back into the squad, and kept us all entertained, and arguably the nearest character to Cantona since he left.

We're a ruthless club, so it seemed a bit of a surprise that we gave a second year, but no one wanted him to leave on that injury note. However, despite the almost miraculous recovery, it was pretty clear early on that he was nowhere near the same level. And until he withdrew himself, it badly affected the team trying to shoehorn him and Lukaku in. I dare say if we'd had to have done that for another month and a half we wouldn't be 2nd and in the semis.

I hope he goes on to absolutely smash the American league, and just a shame he couldn't have one last run out for us. I was expecting one. Glad he got that one goal this season at least, even if it was in that Bristol City defeat.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
His performance in the LC final was the best individual performance of any United player post Ferguson.

Kag

Shame how it panned out in the end. A grand exit would have been a little nicer for all and a little more apt.

JMack1234

Might not be the biggest of trophies i'll never forget the LC final.

I remember being sat in a pub Sheffield where everyone wanted Utd to lose.

We were somehow 2-0 despite playing like absolute donkeys and then very unsurprisingly all the momentum was with Southampton and it appeared only a matter of time until we went behind and got humiliated.

Then in the final minute you see Herrea put in that cross and there was brief glorious couple of seconds where you could see what was going to happen. The cross was perfect. Forster was out of position and our main man was waiting right in front of the goal totally unmarked.

Then commentator "IBRAHIMOVIC!!' as Zlatan connected with it and banged it in.

Thank you so much Zlatan for being our talisman last year when we really needed one.

Enjoy LA!

Martin(6)Buchan

Shame about the ending but thanks for the contribution to our club, all the best for the future big man.

Kapardin

Bit choked up. But loved his final hashtag, #foreverred. Means something considering the number of clubs he has played for.

He's also won his only European trophy with us, so that's a special connection too.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I've wanted to see him play for United ever since he broke through as a young kid at Ajax 16-17 years ago. I've always felt that he and United were made for each other and even if it was only for a very short period of time I'm extremely happy that it finally happened in the end.

Tack och bock Zlatan.

King.of.Red

a bit sad how he ended his career with us after that horrible injury. I'm really happy watching him in United shirt. thanks Zlatan!

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Sad to see him go, was a true warrior and the type of character we desperately need around the changing room.

C'est Moi Cantona

He either came back too quickly, or the injury has shot him to pieces, becasue he was just so bad in the few games he played for us this season it was painful to watch.

Fair play to him though for ticking his 'prove he can do it in the premier league' box, if only we'd have got the younger version, he'd have gone down as one of our greats.

predator

Youth NITK
Proud to see him play for United. He is a big ego but it seemed that he actually wanted to impress here and by all accounts has shown massive respect to everyone at the club.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.