OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Comment in the Mourinho thread from the shedend.com:

"Their board probably wont be as stupid as ours like to be"

Really?!
In fairness, our board does back the manager to their full extent. LvG received all the help he could.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Talking about Zlatan on MUTV I think. About how he's similar to Cantona. Didn't catch the start, though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Really?!
Think they mean in the sense of telling Mourinho what he can and cant do, signing players he doesn't want etc. We will be a lot more cooperative.

Art

Art the artist
Paul Kelso just tweeted that there will be no press conference and that the formal unveiling will be in july :(

Jackylad

More from theshedend:

Think about it..! What if mourinho knew all along that the UNITED job was going to be vacant this summer and he was destined to succeed LVG.

Would it be far fetched considering all things possible that he intentionally initiated he's sacking from Chelsea to enable him a hassle free succession to MU?

I mean consider the EVA scenario, it was incredibly unnecessary and just fecking STUPID and then the issue with some players. Never mind strengthening the squad, how the feck do you also manage to fall out with at least HALF the players in a squad you built?????

He soon came on match of the day claiming he won't quit but Chelsea can sack him and now he has his wish.

At his dream club where he can just as well correct alot of his wrongs:
1- play an attacking brand of football
2- regularly play youth
3- utilise mata
4- calm down with embarrassing remarks that damage the club

I will be incredibly p*ssed off if this happens. I really wanted it to work with him at Chelsea. Problem is, I know he's not bigger than this club which he thought he was and he didn't have me wrapped around his little finger like he does with many other CFC fans.

The guy left us in a terrible state. We know Woodward is not great in the transfer market and Utd regularly miss out on targets. Let's see if that happens and if Jose has a melt down from it.I'm just praying it all goes wrong for him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Really?!
They mean that United's board won't create problems that doesn't exist for the sake of demonstrating power.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I personally hope he stays until he retires.

He's at the club to do it, a stable club that if he doesn't make an idiot of himself will keep him around.

His win record, accomplishments show what he can do, and he can really build a legacy at United.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
More from theshedend:

Think about it..! What if mourinho knew all along that the UNITED job was going to be vacant this summer and he was destined to succeed LVG.

Would it be far fetched considering all things possible that he intentionally initiated he's sacking from Chelsea to enable him a hassle free succession to MU?

I mean consider the EVA scenario, it was incredibly unnecessary and just fecking STUPID and then the issue with some players. Never mind strengthening the squad, how the feck do you also manage to fall out with at least HALF the players in a squad you built?????

He soon came on match of the day claiming he won't quit but Chelsea can sack him and now he has his wish.

At his dream club where he can just as well correct alot of his wrongs:
1- play an attacking brand of football
2- regularly play youth
3- utilise mata
4- calm down with embarrassing remarks that damage the club

I will be incredibly p*ssed off if this happens. I really wanted it to work with him at Chelsea. Problem is, I know he's not bigger than this club which he thought he was and he didn't have me wrapped around his little finger like he does with many other CFC fans.

The guy left us in a terrible state. We know Woodward is not great in the transfer market and Utd regularly miss out on targets. Let's see if that happens and if Jose has a melt down from it.I'm just praying it all goes wrong for him.
I actually toyed with the idea in my head that he threw the Chelsea job and made an idiot of himself to get sacked, he was pretty weird for a couple of months, in press conferences etc but it's just far too ridiculous to even humour the thought.

SirAF

Ageist
What the feck are MUTV doing? They are showing a LvG highlight vid with sad blues music now :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

He's at the club to do it, a stable club that if he doesn't make an idiot of himself will keep him around.

His win record, accomplishments show what he can do, and he can really build a legacy at United.
Of all the clubs he's been at, we probably he'll probably have the less meddling from above then he has had at any other club... (bar maybe Porto, though I don't really know the structure there). More then anywhere else, he can shape the club and the team to how he wants it.

If Woodward keeps himself in his box that is.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
@Xeno , the modmins really dont like those gif's. But if there ever was a day where there should be an exception, it is today.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I actually toyed with the idea in my head that he threw the Chelsea job and made an idiot of himself to get sacked, he was pretty weird for a couple of months, in press conferences etc but it's just far too ridiculous to even humour the thought.
He was really weird, I don't think that it was linked to United though, I think that he was fed up and just decided that getting fired was the best option.

Noc-Z

ffs
Delighted. Very excited for next season. I just hope this is the end of the merry go round and we settle with Jose for a good few years. I do belive this is the job he always wanted. Great day.

prateik

There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match.
That is taking the X-men promotional tie-in to a whole new level.

Member 5225

:drool: yes please!

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
For the first time in three years we've got a manager who isn't notably inferior to the competition.

Now let's start gouging some eyes!

Ixion

At the start of the season I was convinced he was trying to get the sack at Chelsea. He was behaviour was strange even for him, I don't think he really wanted to go back to Chelsea but it was the best job available at the time but he didn't want it long term. He and Chelsea had a stinker starting the season but I think he wanted out from the beginning with his grumblings about the transfer window.

markelphick

Absolutely buzzing about this appointment. I know he'll be a great success for us! :drool:

'There is a mystique and romance about United which no other club can match'

He's definitely saying the right things :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.