OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Looks like Mou is getting business done early and not wasting too much time waiting to bring new players in. It also helped that he had time to analyze us for 6 months or so. I like the direction we are going and that we don't lose too much time with players who are actually unattainable

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Couldn't be further from Moyes if he tried. LVG had his Holland commitments so you can't really blame him for starting late but Mourinho has wasted no time. :D

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Winning is the primary objective for MUFC. It also applies to other top teams.
Everything else is secondary.

LVG brought through youngsters. He was well behaved. But the one thing he could not do is win (or compete) for the league. Result: FIRED!
Moyes actually had us playing decent football. We scored many goals, but lost to big teams. He did reasonably well in the CL. But in the league, he got 7th. Result: FIRED!
If Jose wins the league with a huge points total, but plays defensive football, while being badly behaved and doesn't use youngsters - you think he'll be fired?

It's all about winning.
Sorry, but Moyes had us playing decent football? The football under Moyes was absolutely horrific. It was dull, lifeless 'percentage' football a la Tony Pulis, but with better players. He also lost. A lot. To good teams and bad. Whatever the numerous flaws in LVG's rein, it was a picnic compared to Dave's.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This totally contradicts Duncan Castles' article, which claimed Mou was looking to make changes to the squad organically.

I'm more inclined to trust Castles. His track record when it cones to accurately reporting on Mou/Mendes suggests strong sources.
Probably El Confidencial chose some obvious names to do an article.We will see,the summer has just started.It's not the best source in the world but is not the equivalent of The Express either.
Perhaps I am crazy but the part of Shaw being loaned looks reasonable.
He is a fantastic player but had one of the worst injuries for a player.Is he already shooting or still with physio?.
I remember Manuel Pablo(right back) had the same injury.When he came back he was afraid in the tackles and many times fighting for the ball he decided to retire the leg to avoid the contact.
I imagine Mourinho demanding a intensity that he can't provide yet.I think that the intensity and requirements won't be inferior in FA games or Europe.
Perhaps he could get more minutes in a club not so demanding until he is not afraid anymore

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Jose looks genuinely happy to be with us. I suspect that the speculation about him having a hard on for this job for years are true.

And the "my house" comment :drool:

Ban

What's this stuff about Moyes getting us played decent football?

When did that happen exactly?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Maybe some people only saw your first game against Swansea under Moyes then assumed that the rest was more of the same?

murphs_law

Maybe they remember the bayer neverlosin 0-5 away game. Was some performance to be fair. But a rare shinging light in a sea of gloom.

hobbers

Don't think he ever called Stamford Bridge "my house".

The difference in love he has for us and Chelsea is staggering.

Woodzy

He's going to absolutely own it here, isn't he? I'm convinced by him already and he hasn't even done anything.

First priority for him I think is to sort out our atrocious corner taking. Bugger everything else.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Feels very natural to have in the stands at OT tonight.

This club was made for footballing leaders like him.

Ban

It seems he had a little boy's voice in his head like RVP which said 'go to United'. :D

He's loving it, every part of it, so great to see really.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Seeing Mourinho refer to Old Trafford as 'My House' makes me horny.

Oneunited26

Don't think he ever called Stamford Bridge "my house".

The difference in love he has for us and Chelsea is staggering.

I think he knows he has a board that will not interfere with his work, when he has that kind of employers and he is managing one if the biggest clubs in the world that rivals Madrid, yes we know they have 11 european cups to our 3. But he knows he has walked into a job with no drama at boardroom level, there is pressure but there is no perez, no roman, this really is the holy grail of jobs for him. Its the club that he defeated that really did put him on the map, he was always going to manage here and I will be fascinated how he works at a club that is not run like warlord

Parry Gallister

Maybe some people only saw your first game against Swansea under Moyes then assumed that the rest was more of the same?
Jesus, how could anyone who saw it forget the Fulham game. Worst football I've seen by a professional side.

More crosses than this hill ffs.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Devarshi

Looking at the number of effusive reactions (and the poll numbers too, wow, 63% couldn't be happier as of now) is making me realise more and more that I belong to the more apprehensive crowd. While he has a proven track record for winning, a can't-help-but-grudgingly-admire level of cunning, and a personality worthy of managing one of the best clubs, the style of football he usually encourages isn't the best of look at. I know we've faced some rank football these last three years, and even some trademark anti-football will look better if its effective, but it still won't be the 'United way' we've grown up watching and fallen in love with. He certainly *seems* more mature now, and hopefully he will be more concerned about building a long-lasting dynasty replete with a healthy dose of United youth, but we don't know that for sure.

Given the options available, I am quite happy, but not ecstatic. To be completely honest, I really wanted Klopp here. He would have been the perfect fit, more so than anyone, even the Special One. It feels really strange to welcome Mourinho here instead. That said, I really want to be proven wrong. Hopefully ten years down the line I'll be looking at this post and grinning wryly at my skepticism.

Reactions: Snowjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.