OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
The best thing about this is that I sit near a City fan at work, and he won't stop going on about it, at least once an hour unprompted, so he's clearly shitting himself.
No worse than Brendan Rodgers haha.

Anyways, it's subjective, but he's considerably better looking than Moyes, which counts for at least 3 points a season.
Frodo's feet are better looking than David Moyes, especially after he aged 10 years in 8 months.

andy0

Wife and Daughter both called Matilde (playing it safe son called Jose too)
That can cause embarrassment later in life.

Someone I know had a son with the same name.

Letter arrives for son from girlfriend. Wife opens it as she assumes it's for husband not son. Girlfriend talks about son bringing loads of condoms on next visit. Wife assumes husband having an affair, and challenges him. Don't be daft woman, why would I need condoms, I had the snip years ago.

Natener

Transcript (by me, so forgive the bad quality) of the short MUTV interview.

Well Jose, congratulations. New Manchester United manager. How do you feel?

"I feel great. Well, I think I'm in the right moment of my career because Man United is one of these clubs where we really need to be prepared for it because it's what I used to call a giant club. And giant clubs must be for the best managers, and I think I'm ready for it. So, I could say I'm happy, I'm proud, I'm honoured, I'm everything. But the reality is that what I love is to work and I cannot wait for 7th July to go on the pitch."

You've won trophies everywhere. What are your ambitions for Manchester United?

"I think we can look at our club now in two perspectives. One perspective is the past 3 years and another perspective is the club history. I think I prefer to forget the past 3 years. I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now. And I think what the fans are expecting me to say is that I want to win. I think what the players they need to listen is I want to win. And more than that, I need the supporters and the players to feel that I say that but I think we can really. It's not just to say by say. So, yes I want to focus on the history of this giant club and give what I have and what I don't have. So, I will give absolutely everything to try to go into the direction we all want."

You seem to have a good rapport with Manchester United fans when you come back with Inter Milan, with Real Madrid, with Chelsea, with charity game. What's your message to Manchester United fans who will be watching this eagerly now?

"You know... I think I know what they can give me. I think also they know what I can give them. Obviously the most important thing are the players and the relations the players establish with them. But I think it's very important and curious that I played so many times against Man United. And I played so many times at Old Trafford with other clubs. There was empathy and no problems. In fact, I was pushed by that feeling to say sometimes things that my clubs were not happy with. I remember, for example, when I won at Old Trafford with Real Madrid, I told that the best team lost and not many people was happy at Real Madrid."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, yes I want to focus on the history of this giant club and give what I have and what I don't have." I like this. Think it could be him talking about youth, conduct etc.

SqueakyWeasel

Why 7th of July? Is that our first pre season game or something?
He says it's the date he'll "go onto the pitch" but the first match of the pre-season is 22nd July against Dortmund in China (The first Pep-off is 3 days later) perhaps he has to wait until his gardening leave is over so he gets to retain all negotiated Chelsea leaving benefits. He will be working for us in an "unofficial" capacity from about … two weeks ago! :drool:

Last edited:

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Why the hell is Ray Wilkins on MUTV?

The guy clearly has a love-in for Chelsea over United and loves to stick the boot in on us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

The guy clearly has a love-in for Chelsea over United and loves to stick the boot in on us.
He's an ex united player.

RedIke

Haven't been this happy with anything Manchester United wise in 4 years.

Jose can have his way with my wife whenever he wants. Love him. Now go win some more titles!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Yesterday, He said Ryan Giggs should have been given an opportunity.

andy0

What's wrong with hearing from someone connected with both clubs?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was going to make a different thread on this but opted to ask it here:

• Euro 2016 is 10th June - 10th July
  • Pre Season starts 22nd July (International Cup)
  • New Season starts Aug 13th.
When does he go in for completing transfers? He only has a 2-3 week period between pre season's close and the first league game. Can he wrap up players during the euros? If not, will he have to sign most of them before 10th June?

I know Zlatan is an obvious one, but other elite players who will be on duty from 10th June will need to be wrapped up soon imo.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Mourinho is the United manager. Just makes sense.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Watching the MUTV interview and one thing's for sure: He's fecking longed for this.

He'll win us things, of that I'm confident. I'm also not overly concerned about the football, it'll be miles better than anything LVG served up and we'll score freely again.

NK86

Watching the MUTV interview and one thing's for sure: He's fecking longed for this.

He'll win us things, of that I'm confident. I'm also not overly concerned about the football, it'll be miles better than anything LVG served up and we'll score freely again.
At least we won't feel like a lost cause when we go behind. That is the least I expect to improve, which in itself will be a huge plus!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Bloody hell, It's in his best interest not to offer Giggs a job. He'll be on it like a car bonnet.
Giggs will focus on the one on the left and Rooney on the one on the right. Gaz being the manager's pet will probably stick to Mourinho

SqueakyWeasel

To be honest i don't care where he is mate. They had Mourinho, they had a mike and a camera and someone to interview him. I assume they could have found two chairs in a city the size of London.

They could have easily sat down and did a quick 15-20 minute interview. But no because MUTV makes Jeremy Kyle seem like quality television.

And then they have the cheek to crow about them being the only place you'll see a Mourinho interview until July. I've seen longer post match interviews ffs.

God they're so shite, how is it possible a club the size of United has such a shit in-house TV channel?
Like all things "in-house" it has nothing to gauge itself against!

Until @Niall and the @mods accepts my offer to start RedCAFTV there will be very little visual objectivity shown on the matter :keano:

SqueakyWeasel

That can cause embarrassment later in life.

Someone I know had a son with the same name.

Letter arrives for son from girlfriend. Wife opens it as she assumes it's for husband not son. Girlfriend talks about son bringing loads of condoms on next visit. Wife assumes husband having an affair, and challenges him. Don't be daft woman, why would I need condoms, I had the snip years ago.
I once had the misfortune to holiday with a secretly incestuous family that have named their offspring the same as their own names for more practical reasons!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Looking at the pics, first time I've seen him genuinely happy. There was none of that at Chelsea nor Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.