OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He's an ex united player.
Yes, I know that.

But he doesn't often put in a positive word about us. I thought that was common knowledge.

Over the years he has seemed quite bitter towards us for whatever Reason.

Mr Smith

I was going to make a different thread on this but opted to ask it here:

• Euro 2016 is 10th June - 10th July
  • Pre Season starts 22nd July (International Cup)
  • New Season starts Aug 13th.
When does he go in for completing transfers? He only has a 2-3 week period between pre season's close and the first league game. Can he wrap up players during the euros? If not, will he have to sign most of them before 10th June?

I know Zlatan is an obvious one, but other elite players who will be on duty from 10th June will need to be wrapped up soon imo.
He can, but generally players don't like doing business during international tournaments (there are a few exceptions of course, I remember Fabregas and Sanchez were both signed in the middle of the world cup). He's had a lot of time to think about (and potentially tap up) the players he wants, so I reckon he can get some serious business done within the next couple of weeks.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd say we'll have Zlatan plus a winger and either a CM or a CB signed by the time the Euro's role around, with 1-2 players still to be signed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looking at the pics, first time I've seen him genuinely happy. There was none of that at Chelsea nor Real.
Come on, now. Let's not go overboard with his love for us. He wasn't happy when he won two league titles at Chelsea, or they sang his name/worshipped him, or when he won the CL twice?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Looking at the pics, first time I've seen him genuinely happy. There was none of that at Chelsea nor Real.
You haven't seen the clip of him holding up the United shirt then?

NK86

Come on, now. Let's not go overboard with his love for us. He wasn't happy when he won two league titles at Chelsea, or they sang his name/worshipped him, or when he won the CL twice?
I am sure he was but I still remember vividly him throwing his PL medal into the crowd. Don't remember why he did it but I found it bizarre then and still feel the same way.

Wicked_Badger

Youtube link for the interview.

He's already at it isn't he. Trying to galvanise the fans, players & club. Trying to get who he needs onside and taking digs at othere.

I'm not that keen on the guy's antics but they're always done with one thing in mind - to win. Just like Fergie he's a complete leader - if you do right by him he'll protect you to the hilt. And he adores the club, you can see it. It's a match made in heaven (even more so than a Utd/Pep combination would be imo).

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Peter Kenyon is on SSN with his posh loafers on :lol:

Looks like he's enjoying the finer things in life that's for sure.

VanGaalEra

My post is the OP for Jose becoming United manager.

Biggest achievement of my life!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I hope he gets enough time in pre-season to get our players ready and back to their best form so we can have a good start.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
The desire to win from mourinho is great. The desire to get what you want is what seperates him from average tacticians. I mean he ahd so much desire to get united job, he almost relegated chelsea. He just wanted this job and he made sure he was sacked from last one just in time. He has made himself available both times United job became available, he is that dedicated to be here.

MV12

YES!!!!

Get the feck in!!

Jose Mourinho, by far the best manager to lead us to glory once again!!

My line up :-

:devil:
:devil::devil::devil::devil:
:devil::devil::devil::devil:
:devil: :devil:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Ranieeeeeeeri are you listening,
You better keeeeeeep our trophy glistening,
Coz we’ll be back in May*,
To take it away,