OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I imagine a whole lot of people regret their username choice now.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Has there been any other talk about the DoF we were supposed to be chasing at Atletico?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I have always had a strong dislike for Chelsea and their fans but not for Mourinho. It's so nice watching their meltdown.

f_to_z

I never thought I would say that but I am really excited that he is our manager now. I think as a United fan these 3 last years have been a very humbling experience after I was very confident and arrogant during the long success we had under Ferguson. Now its a different look at things and a manager like Mourinho is needed at this moment. We are so hungry for success that its no longer about finding the right long term manager, instead a great manager for now to get the success back then later on think about the future.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Jose Mourinho is manager of Manchester United.

Was starting to think it may become one of the saddest unrequited love affairs but thankfully the stars have aligned to make it possible.

Am chuffed to bits and not been this excited since we signed Cantona. Amazed that my club can keep affecting my emotions even in my mid age life.

He is made for this club. And in many ways now is a better time for him to join that directly after SAF. We fans know how hard this job is now, it needs the best possible candidate and he then needs huge financial and emotional support. Im sure the board will fund his requirements and I hope the fans are wise and patient enough to allow him to be as successful as he can be.

What's certain is I'm back in love with my club. I created a thread threatening abstinence if LVG stayed on. Thankfully that has been averted and it's game on.

Let the JoMoLution begin!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Great little interview with MUTV. It's nice to have a manager that you don't want to punch in the face, and one that speaks good English. fecking well excited for the years ahead.

It's also brilliant that we've got it done so early. People whinging about how we've treated LVG with the swift sacking after FA cup glory, but it needed to be done. Players will be wanting to come to us now, and we've got ages to sort it out.

PieCrust

His interview was great. Not afraid to admit the expectations are massive. I've always admired Mourinho from his early days. Could not be more excited that he's landed at United.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
What a thoroughly charming, charismatic, down to earth gentleman our new boss is.

SqueakyWeasel

Bonus trivia: If I was born a girl, I'd have been named Carrie after the Stephen King novel.
So you're pretty lucky not to be called Salem or Cujo then if your parents were avid readers of his early offerings which was pretty good IMHO … even the Bachmann stuff!

Bet you wish you were a girl … this is much scarier than a period!

Last edited:

Precaution

I'm so happy! I personally believe Mourinho will want to emulate SAF and "better him" this is a job he's always wanted with the ego and desire to match, for those who say he'll leave in 3 years... why would he? he wouldnt chase this job so badly if he was just going to do what he did elsewhere, it's like meeting your dream girl after being round the block with every other slapper in town, none quite matched what you wanted until that one entered your life, this is Mournhos.

Status
Not open for further replies.