OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepeasoup

Let's see Mourinho hit the ground running now; he's had plenty of time to think about how he wants to take us forward (supposing that there was contact with the club in February or even before). That's more time than both Moyes and LVG had in preparing to join us.

I really hope we can get the brunt of our transfer business done before the middle of June.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Welcome to Old Trafford Mr José Mário Dos Santos Mourinho Felix.

This time you are in the correct dugout :)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Don't forget that Jose started at Barca with Sir Bobby. He absolutely loved it there.

They just didn't love him back,especially when they chose Pep over him in 2008.
I know that, but how long ago was it? Back in the late 90s or early 00s? How old was his son then?

Ixion

I know everything is obvious in hindsight but it's incredible Moyes was ever given the job over him in the first place. I remember the underwhelming, grim acceptance when Moyes was announced.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I guess he likes the idea of matching with Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Wenger etc.
He clearly wanted to manage in the PL and not miss These exciting times.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Option to stay until 'at least' 2020.
The dates mean nothing.
If he is successful and keeps winning trophies, he'll keep getting renewals and may stay for 20+ years (a la Fergie).
Conversely, if he screws up, he could be out of a job in 10 months (a la Moyes).
The contract length in most cases, is irrelevant.

JackXX

He has always seemed destined to be the true successor to SAF. Moyes was one of the worst decisions in footballing history really. I think only idiotic politics within the club got in the way of JM being here sooner. Let's pretend the last few years never happened. Have a huge amount of faith in him taking us back to the top in world football.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I just hope it isn't as shit as LVGs first PL game. God that was a downer.
In fairness, LVG's first game was him learning about our players (remember, he arrived very late in the Summer, so needed to assess our players) and learning about the EPL.
Jose should be able to hit the ground running as he probably already knows what our players are like (especially Mata) and knows the EPL.

Will Singh

I was 50/50 about Mourinho BUT now it's happened I've not felt like this since we signed Andy Cole and King Eric!

fecking loving it!!!

JohnnyKills

More from theshedend:

Think about it..! What if mourinho knew all along that the UNITED job was going to be vacant this summer and he was destined to succeed LVG.

Would it be far fetched considering all things possible that he intentionally initiated he's sacking from Chelsea to enable him a hassle free succession to MU?

I mean consider the EVA scenario, it was incredibly unnecessary and just fecking STUPID and then the issue with some players. Never mind strengthening the squad, how the feck do you also manage to fall out with at least HALF the players in a squad you built?????

He soon came on match of the day claiming he won't quit but Chelsea can sack him and now he has his wish.

At his dream club where he can just as well correct alot of his wrongs:
1- play an attacking brand of football
2- regularly play youth
3- utilise mata
4- calm down with embarrassing remarks that damage the club

I will be incredibly p*ssed off if this happens. I really wanted it to work with him at Chelsea. Problem is, I know he's not bigger than this club which he thought he was and he didn't have me wrapped around his little finger like he does with many other CFC fans.

The guy left us in a terrible state. We know Woodward is not great in the transfer market and Utd regularly miss out on targets. Let's see if that happens and if Jose has a melt down from it.I'm just praying it all goes wrong for him.
Sorry but this theory is rubbish.

The Eva Carneiro thing happened on the first day of the season, when optimism was still high at United and LVG had done nothing to warrant his dismissal.

Chelsea's worst run under Mourinho, the run which contained all those defeats, actually came in the first few weeks of the season, when United were top of the league.

By the time United began to unravel in mid-December, Mourinho was already out of a job.

Besides, who would want to get himself sacked from a job to free up potential employment elsewhere? It's an incredibly risky strategy as any other employer is likely to take a dim view of such a strategy.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
i dont see the longterm concept in here.
its more trial and error not only with the squad but also with the coaches.

from a base that lvg wanted to build, based on possession, to mourinhos "i want to destroy the game of the opponent".. where is the sense in here?

mou was never the guy who can build up a squad which you can use also after him. further more, he isnt interessted in creating a harmony in the squad.

my prediction: the football will not be better, and in addition to that the atmosphere at united will get worse.

another move, who shows the thinking of woodward and the club: doing things based on the priciple: who has a name in the past and is available. not: what we want to play, and who will be the best for that.
woodward and the club dont know where to go. it was the thing with moyes,lvg, and now mourinho. lvg and mourinho didnt win anything in the last years, and also didnt build something up where someone would say "wow, what a work for the club"

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Delighted. Now I can feel excited again going into the new season!

Jose clearly loves everything about United too. Perfect fit

stevoc

Rarely agree with Stan Collymore but on this is 100 per cent correct: Jose's been dreaming of United for years. Going back to Chelsea in 2013 happened solely because United (crazily) went for Moyes over him.

Amazing, we really went for Moyes over Mourinho. What the f-k were we thinking?!
Scottish, Longevity, PL Experience, cut from the same cloth, will stay a long time etc. Everything but the most important part.

Is he a top manager? Answer. No

Mourinho is more like Fergie than Moyes will ever be.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Don't think he was as responsible for that
Maybe. But ultimately he is in a position where the blame lands on him, so if if honestly thought that about Jose, then he should have never let his arm get twisted.

Anyway, doesn't matter anymore, he is finally here.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Come on own up. Which idiot has voted 'should have kept LVG' in the poll?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Congratulations to Jose. Hoping we're getting the 'right' ONE and he's ready to kick ass. He's had a rest so don't want to see any bloody 'breakdowns' a la Chelsea last season.

Happy but scared shitless at what's going to happen next..

red thru&thru

Sorry but this theory is rubbish.

The Eva Carneiro thing happened on the first day of the season, when optimism was still high at United and LVG had done nothing to warrant his dismissal.

Chelsea's worst run under Mourinho, the run which contained all those defeats, actually came in the first few weeks of the season, when United were top of the league.

By the time United began to unravel in mid-December, Mourinho was already out of a job.

Besides, who would want to get himself sacked from a job to free up potential employment elsewhere? It's an incredibly risky strategy as any other employer is likely to take a dim view of such a strategy.
Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.