OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Sorry but this theory is rubbish.

The Eva Carneiro thing happened on the first day of the season, when optimism was still high at United and LVG had done nothing to warrant his dismissal.

Chelsea's worst run under Mourinho, the run which contained all those defeats, actually came in the first few weeks of the season, when United were top of the league.

By the time United began to unravel in mid-December, Mourinho was already out of a job.

Besides, who would want to get himself sacked from a job to free up potential employment elsewhere? It's an incredibly risky strategy as any other employer is likely to take a dim view of such a strategy.
I also think the idea Jose sacked himself is rubbish. I think it was the case were he managed to keep the players up for it a whole season, won the league and they weren't mentally strong to go again for another year. They just didn't give him anything after the summer and this can be also seen from the same players who under-performed in the 3rd season under Mourinho kept doing the same under Hiddink. They just abandoned him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm in the strange position of knowing that we've got a manager with a proven track record but still having reservations about him. Despite everything he's won it still feels like we're going out on a limb, partly down to last season, partly down to our desperation for a quick fix and partly down to the usual reservations about his track record with young players. Best case scenario, he gets the players he wants and can create something close to his great Chelsea sides. Cautiously optimistic sums it up I suppose.

MrSingh2002

I want him to show ultimate ambition and sign the worlds very best young players. Forget anything else.

hobbers

Rarely agree with Stan Collymore but on this is 100 per cent correct: Jose's been dreaming of United for years. Going back to Chelsea in 2013 happened solely because United (crazily) went for Moyes over him.

Amazing, we really went for Moyes over Mourinho. What the f-k were we thinking?!
When he brought Real to OT he knew SAF was retiring, and he knew it could be SAF's final European game, and he assumed at that point he'd be the one taking over. Everything about his behaviour over the tie makes it glaringly obvious.

At some point between then and May his dream was shattered. And I would dearly love to know by who, and why. Because they've ultimately robbed us of 3 years at the top.

Revan

Assumptionman
Three years later then it should have happened, but still a great feeling. We finally have a manager who is worthy to manage us.

stevoc

I think in fairness quite a few of us did.
Yeah i felt like crying. Was pissed off for days.

I know everything is obvious in hindsight but it's incredible Moyes was ever given the job over him in the first place. I remember the underwhelming, grim acceptance when Moyes was announced.
I think most of us (bar a few loons who were delighted) tried to convince ourselves maybe he won't be that bad. But deep down i wasn't buying it.

Him being appointed was like opening your presents on Xmas morning and finding out everyone bought you wooden educational toys instead of what you actually wanted.

He's the only option for us. Noone in world football brings such a guarantee of success, not even Guardiola, and that's what we need right now. The time to get a manager to build for the future is over. We need instant success before this rot becomes permanent.

ants7

Genuinely have no idea what'll happen. However, I'm happy we have secured the services of the best available option.

One thing is certain - can't feckin wait for the new season.

Skywarden

The amount if piss we will boil. :D I don't think the world is ready for it.

Jackylad

The Eva Carneiro thing happened on the first day of the season, when optimism was still high at United and LVG had done nothing to warrant his dismissal.

Chelsea's worst run under Mourinho, the run which contained all those defeats, actually came in the first few weeks of the season, when United were top of the league.

By the time United began to unravel in mid-December, Mourinho was already out of a job.

Besides, who would want to get himself sacked from a job to free up potential employment elsewhere? It's an incredibly risky strategy as any other employer is likely to take a dim view of such a strategy.
Agree as well, it's more so that the Chelsea fans could actually believe this in the first place - no hint of sarcasm at all in the post! Bizarre.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

As much as we would like that to be true for giggles, it is rubbish. He wanted United job always, yes, but he wasn't going to do it by 'purposely' having shit season as he had.
Also, yeah, till he got sacked and we went on bad run in December, it wasn't obvious that manager job will be vacant at OT this summer.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Doing an LVG farewell piece on MUTV now, decent thing to do.
Apparently apart from some of the players that wanted him out, he was well liked by the staff, so it is the decent thing to do for sure.

JohnnyKills

I know he's going to bring his own support staff but would love to see Gary Neville given a job somewhere.

For me Neville, not Giggs, is the obvious choice if we want to groom someone for the manager's job long-term.

Yes he had a nightmare at Valencia but he's obviously a sharp and shrewd individual and, as England No.2, he's already proved he can add value as part of a backroom team.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Along with many others,I feel this appointment should have been made 3 years ago. He was my first choice then, he's the only choice now.

I believe Jose will make these last few years a painful memory only. Welcome to the greatest team in the world Jose!!

Woodzy

He's the only option for us. Noone in world football brings such a guarantee of success, not even Guardiola, and that's what we need right now. The time to get a manager to build for the future is over. We need instant success before this rot becomes permanent.
Exactly. The only other options in the same league as Mourinho are all taken. The fact that most of them are all managing in this league as well means Mourinho has a hell of a challenge ahead of him, but if one man can topple some of the big names in our league then it is.

It's going to be a tricky, competitive time here, but it's going to be bloody fun.

We got the best guy available, and if the stars align for us then we may have gotten the best manager in the world.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I like in the statement how he says he looks forward to being our manager, as in the fans of United, he already understands the job completely - he knows we're all bigger petulant diva's than the players and much harder to manage. I'm off for a pedicure.

Status
Not open for further replies.