OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Haha. Jose can finally get MUTV without paying.

Imagine that though? The then-Real Madrid manager admitting, openly, to being an MUTV subscriber! Mourinho's probably on the CAF!!

Ixion

I don't think we'll see any grand unveiling or special one press conference. I think he is focused and very serious about this job and has a point to prove. He'll be all business.

nevillestache

He was easily the best man available for the job and hopefully he will prove he's the best man for the job full stop - a job it seems he's always really wanted.

I cannot wait for the start of next season!

van Persie

I'm so happy right now. Said it before, but always felt it was destiny for him to be the manager of Manchester United and now he is. It's so obvious how much he respects the club too. This will be good.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He's no longer dreamy. Those eyebags. It's over.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Haha. Jose can finally get MUTV without paying.

Imagine that though? The then-Real Madrid manager admitting, openly, to being an MUTV subscriber! Mourinho's probably on the CAF!!
Hey Jose! Welcome to United!

Mr Smith

Think he smiled a bit as the camera zoomed out. Obviously trying to be cool but couldn't hide his excitement :drool:
Yup. He's always been very good a playing the part and being a bit of an actor at times. Also he's known this was on for a while, so I'm sure he's had plenty of time to process it.

redshaw

Finally. Delighted, can't wait to see him at OT. He's one of the few managers who has the brass to take over Fergie. I wanted him in 2013. To me he seems a perfect fit and something destined about Jose being here.

I said when he was at Chelsea for a second time, he looked in limbo land after getting ejected at Madrid. I actually see him really relishing being here for a good few years, just hope he can enjoy the Manchester/Cheshire area, I know he loves London.

Whether he engineered his Chelsea end or he was just wrong in going back and the board rejecting his plans did really upset him (I think the latter) he's finally here.

I heard some talks broke down early on a few years ago and he chose Chelsea, so you could spin the narrative he chose them all along but it seems something happened before that which might get told one day.

It's perhaps good he went back to his favorite club, if he did come to OT in 2013, he might've been hankering for his old club, thinking he made a mistake not going back. It's good for us he's exorcised that and now he can become a United legend. Only time will tell if he's still got the magic touch. I believe he has.

Last edited:

Member 5225

I'm so happy right now. Said it before, but always felt it was destiny for him to be the manager of Manchester United and now he is. It's so obvious how much he respects the club too. This will be good.
yep, feel exactly the same, I just can't believe it!!

Flying_Heckfish

It's perhaps good he went back to his favorite club, if he did come to OT in 2013, he might've been hankering for his old club, thinking he made a mistake not going back. It's good for us he's exorcised that and now he can become a United legend. Only time will tell if he's still go the magic tough. I believe he has.
Very good point

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You can tell how seriously he's taking it, has he showed up to any other unveilings as a manager in a suit before?

Status
Not open for further replies.