Ole: Crystal Palace make teams play the way they want them to play...

Andersonson

Imagine being Diallo and hearing this.
Like Diallo is any better than the ones playing? He is a very young player who is there to learn. Subbing him in there to grab us the winner could ruin a young player if he fails and fails.

Ole is doing the right thing with him and Shola, but we should have other players on the bench to change the game, not 18 year olds with zero expierience.

This isnt FM...

el3mel

Like Diallo is any better than the ones playing? He is a very young player who is there to learn. Subbing him in there to grab us the winner could ruin a young player if he fails and fails.

Ole is doing the right thing with him and Shola, but we should have other players on the bench to change the game, not 18 year olds with zero expierience.

This isnt FM...
Diallo wouldn't have done any worse than Rashford that's I'm sure about. What's the problem of trying something new or putting some truth in a young kid ? What would you have lost ? Absolutely nothing. We were shit. Try something new and fresh and what happens happens. Definitely better than not trying at all.

Superunknown

No words.
He's too trusting/kind to these players. They haven't scored or really got close to scoring in 65/70 minutes. Hook them off and try something different. He just won't take risks but you need to take risks if you're going to win games.

If he doesn't want to be in this situation where he's umming and ahhing over subs, get the fecking team to start games better then! We put ourselves into situations like this because we're so slow starting matches and it's then the 80th minute before we know it. His indecisiveness with subs and game management is reflective in the football that we're playing.

tomaldinho1

Why post the full quote when it doesn't suit your agenda eh?!?

I agree with you, nothing in this at all.
‘’Sometimes it’s human nature, sometimes you don’t work at your best. Today we didn’t. It’s been a long season – I’m not blaming that because everyone has the same season. You’re playing against a good team who make you play the way they want to.’’

We had 1 shot on target. Do you know how many other teams had that many or fewer va Palace this season? Zero. Palace this season leak chances and goals, they don’t force any team to play in any way.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Holy shit. That’s outrageous. Seriously. I try not to be too melodramatic but the fact we’ve a manager in charge of Manchester United who wouldn’t even consider swapping a midfielder or defender for an attacker in the closing minutes of a game where we desperately need a goal is unbelievable.

Especially from someone who keeps talking about “the United way” I’ll be stewing on that one all night now. Genuinely upset about that. Cheers.
When has Ole ever made a tactical sub? I can't remember him doing that. Always a striker for a striker a midfielder for midfielder, just freshens up the same positions as far as I can remember, usually late in the game too.

RedDevil@84

No words.
Almost feels like me selecting the team for FPL GW.
Grealish has a tougher game than Maddison. So maybe I will put Grealish on bench... But nayyy!! what if he scores.. Or maybe Maddison will score... or maybe Grealish will... ohh cutoff time passed.

wolvored

This isnt FM...
Isnt that how Rashford and Greenwood started? 18 year olds with zero experience? I think if you care to look it up a lot of players started this way.

croadyman

WHAT THE feck WAS THAT!!!

That is the, ‘City are the level we want to aim for’ comment from Moyes for me! We weren’t o,aging City, Bayern, Juventus, Real or Barcelona. We played Crystal fecking Palance and he used that as reason for the poor performance.

Absolutely gutless and pathetic!
Yeah it sounds very Moyes like when he talked about us aspiring to be City back in 2014, however still believe his club legend status buys him off criticism from much of our fanbase who are very sentimental in my opinion

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: No, more like we weren't good enough to impose our game over the mighty Crystal Palace.

passing-wind

No words.
Again individuals, why doesn't Solskjaer identify the need to score a goal by a tactical perception accounting for the entire teams contribution ? I feel he's really lost some substance after getting beat 6-1 to Spurs. The manager should learn from those experiences not use it as a means to become more conservative.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

No words.
Explains why he's so slow to make changes. He always feels his starting 11 can produce *something*. That's the whole point of making smart subs - bringing a wildcard on who can have an unexpected impact

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
You should post the full quote, he said Palace could do that when you don’t have the quality and tempo we should have had in our play. He went on to criticise how cheaply we gave the ball away and how slow we were. Standard managerial speak. Nothing like Moyes.
Shh that doesn't suit the agenda

Skills

Snitch
Explains why he's so slow to make changes. He always feels his starting 11 can produce *something*. That's the whole point of making smart subs - bringing a wildcard on who can have an unexpected impact
Yeah it is quite strange comment considering Solskjaers own career as a super-sub.

patty123

Isnt that how Rashford and Greenwood started? 18 year olds with zero experience? I think if you care to look it up a lot of players started this way.
Wasting your time asking that, as he will just moved the goalposts again to suit his agenda and pray you wont come up with a reasonable answer again.

dave1956

If you introduce a youth player to the 1st Team Squad and then include him on the bench sureley you must think that he has the ability to play at that level. Introducing such a player into this game could have been a winning move. Palace defenders would not have known how to play him, it would have built his confidance and experiance.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If you introduce a youth player to the 1st Team Squad and then include him on the bench sureley you must think that he has the ability to play at that level. Introducing such a player into this game could have been a winning move. Palace defenders would not have known how to play him, it would have built his confidance and experiance.
At the very least it would have been some minutes under his belt to develop. When the starters are shite, it's ok to make subs

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Yeah, why can't all teams be like Leeds who let you do whatever you want. :houllier:

Our season ended the moment we went top and he told everyone we're not going to challenge for the title.

RashyForPM

We ended the game with:

Dean
AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
McT Matic
James Bruno Rashford
Mason

On the face of it, if you didn’t watch the game, you’d think we played for a draw, like the 1-1 against Blackburn in 2011 when we won the league so had every reason to.

The players were embarrassing but the manager...jeez. When his substitutions are like that, is it any wonder the players took the mentality that a draw is fine? Why not take Matic off for Diallo and play an attacking 4-1-4-1? When you play the most defensive 4-2-3-1 possible, we were never gonna score were we? Would City end a game they needed to win with a Rodri-Fernandinho midfield? Pool with Henderson-Fabinho (in midfield, not defence)? You can go through my post history and see that I’ve been on the fence with him all season, but Ole has to go now. We can go on runs, but we’ll never be good enough to find the consistency to challenge for the title under him. It’s been proven 3 times now.

croadyman

We ended the game with:

Dean
AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
McT Matic
James Bruno Rashford
Mason

On the face of it, if you didn’t watch the game, you’d think we played for a draw, like the 1-1 against Blackburn in 2011 when we won the league so had every reason to.

The players were embarrassing but the manager...jeez. When his substitutions are like that, is it any wonder the players took the mentality that a draw is fine? Why not take Matic off for Diallo and play an attacking 4-1-4-1? When you play the most defensive 4-2-3-1 possible, we were never gonna score were we? Would City end a game they needed to win with a Rodri-Fernandinho midfield? Pool with Henderson-Fabinho (in midfield, not defence)? You can go through my post history and see that I’ve been on the fence with him all season, but Ole has to go now. We can go on runs, but we’ll never be good enough to find the consistency to challenge for the title under him. It’s been proven 3 times now.
Glad that some people are finally seeing that his in game management and poor motivation is costing us big time, it's clear as day this team have lacked any drive whatsoever since conceding that last minute goal to Everton. I felt at the time we never going to recover from that absolute body blow but so wanted them to prove me wrong. They aren't bothered about the results of league games now it's gone and that is utterly disgraceful to say the least

SAFMUTD

He must be joking what a poor poor thing to say. Justificating himself and the team.

I genuinely think he does this in the same way Mourinho used to lower the spectations with his poor statements, is just that Ole is smarter so he does it in a passive way always smiling and his legend status gives him room for that.

Somehow some here will twist this statement and say Palace beat someone so that statement is acceptable or how they would take Palace squad over ours or some deluded statement of that kind.

Sylar

He played nearly the strongest team available against Sociedad at 4-0 up a few days before we faced Chelsea (and brought on Rashford too) in a season where were playing nearly a game every three days

And then we follow it up with two 0-0s where we are struggling with tempo and pace

I don't think he will see the correlation

Pearl's a minger

He's turning out to be the Norwegian 'alan partridge' with the amount of shite he comes out with post match

Last edited:

nainaisson

Diallo wouldn't have done any worse than Rashford that's I'm sure about. What's the problem of trying something new or putting some truth in a young kid ? What would you have lost ? Absolutely nothing. We were shit. Try something new and fresh and what happens happens. Definitely better than not trying at all.
Weird thing is, he threw a bunch of kids on at the end of the most important game of his managerial career: the UCL win in Paris 2 years ago.

RashyForPM

Glad that some people are finally seeing that his in game management and poor motivation is costing us big time, it's clear as day this team have lacked any drive whatsoever since conceding that last minute goal to Everton. I felt at the time we never going to recover from that absolute body blow but so wanted them to prove me wrong. They aren't bothered about the results of league games now it's gone and that is utterly disgraceful to say the least
Yeah, the performance against Sociedad, it’s irritating why we haven’t matched that in the league not just since Everton, but since Sheff Utd (bar Southampton, which was obviously great). The players may think they can switch on for EL games, but it doesn’t work like that. Fergie and all other top managers have a mentality that bad performances breed more bad performances. There’s no on and off in the space of days, and even if there were, are we good enough to win the EL? Why can’t Milan, Spurs, Arsenal, Ajax, Olympiacos etc just do an absolute job on us while we look clueless throughout? If we don’t improve quick, we’ll be finishing empty handed this season, no doubt.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
ha ha, a defensive mid maybe? A fecking defender? :lol:

It’s actually impressive he can only imagine bringing on an attacker for an attacker.
At some point commentator said that maybe Ole should start thinking about changing personnel or shape. It made me wonder, when was the last time Ole changed shape? Doesn't seem like an option.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

No words.
He seems terrified of putting some of his key players on the bench. FFS he even played Bruno against Sociedad despite having a 4-0 advantage. I wonder who is truly at the wheel.

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Can we all agree Ole has ensured some commendable progress in our form and spirit (before the current spell) but we’ve now reached a stage where we need someone with more depth and in-game experience to take us to the next level?

Shocking statement from him

kerryman

Can we all agree Ole has ensured some commendable progress in our form and spirit (before the current spell) but we’ve now reached a stage where we need someone with more depth and in-game experience to take us to the next level?

Shocking statement from him
Agreed, he has steadied the ship and we have improved somewhat (although that's debatable after today's game and the last few tbh) but now we need someone to inject new ideas and take us up a level.