Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

Wanting team to lose to get rid of manager is just sad. Team played well yesterday and manager too deserves credit.

Ole and his coaching staff are definitely not top notch, and probably could leave soon. But lets enjoy the game when team plays well.

LucasXXII

Good game and an unexpected win honestly.

Would like to think we can repeat this at Burnley but don't really expect so. Set pieces are going to be a huge problem there.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
So winning 5-1 against Newcastle (rather than 4-1) is more important to you than having fit player to play Burnley in 48 hours. God!
You don't think goal difference might play apart? What about instilling a killer instict into our team, not important? Frankly, it was ridiculous that we took the foot off the pedal after an hour given we've been shite for most of the season.

Di Maria's angel

I mean... this board is mental.
How is this different from the many of you who roll with the garbage of going backwards in order to go forwards? Your acceptance of mediocrity is no different so stop acting like a top red, you weasel.

I want to best for this team and will always have its best interest at heart so dont call me mental.

Zen86

You don't think goal difference might play apart? What about instilling a killer instict into our team, not important? Frankly, it was ridiculous that we took the foot off the pedal after an hour given we've been shite for most of the season.
Classic example of looking hard for something to complain about.

lysglimt

Scout
Well I - and 99% of all managers agree that increasing the chance of winning the next game is more important than adding an extra goal to our tally. But if it's any comfort to you I can think of at least one more thing that he been shit all season

Ekeke

We had a much better pattern to our attacking play against Newcastle. We need to at least keep it up till the end of the season though... Thats where I have concerns.

Giggsyking

Novice manager won his usual one game before he drop points in the next two again as usual.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Everyone should calm down with personal insults. Take it down a notch.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He still has to go. People acting like beating Newcastle is like winning the champions league final.

Half way through the season, 7th and and potentially 27 points behind Liverpool if they win their games in hand.

We'll end up losing to Burnley away, No consistency, No shape, Lazy players.

On your Bike Ole.
Are you taking the piss? No they aren't some people are just saying it was a good result. Literally no one has made any posts of the sort you are referring to.

It's really starting to annoy me they way no one can say anything positive about Ole without that positivity being labelled as crazy or 'trying to be a top red'.

Come on ffs. We won a game and scored some fun goals. We are allowed to enjoy it you know.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How is this different from the many of you who roll with the garbage of going backwards in order to go forwards? Your acceptance of mediocrity is no different so stop acting like a top red, you weasel.

I want to best for this team and will always have its best interest at heart so dont call me mental.
A little pedantic maybe but wanting the team to lose matches to get the manager fired is absolutely not 'always having its best interests at heart'.

Its more a case of 'sometimes having its best interests at heart - except when we're not doing something that you want us to do'

bondsname

We always struggle to score that first goal. If we score one goal, suddenly the team get confidence and belief that we can score 2 more, and we usually do.

But when struggle, the players usually give up before the game is even finished.

Something Ole needs to fix.

Di Maria's angel

I wasn't serious and even if I was I don't care enough to do that. However, I do find it funny how you aren't giving Ole the same flexibility you gave Mourinho when he was here. The hypocrisy is mildly amusing.
Maybe because I didn't think we were as bad especially during his 2nd season. By the third, I, like most others, gave up on him.

DSG

I actually feel empathy for the Ole Out Gang.

They are miserable when we lose, and even more miserable when we win. Sad.

CR1

We are four points off top four right now. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that those four points (and then some) would have been collected had we had cover for the injuries to the likes of McTominay and Martial this season.

Stephen Howson said on his latest podcast that Ole was going mad to the point of “throwing chairs and tables around” (or words to that effect) when he wasn’t given more signings in the summer…Howson is a very credible journalist who knows a lot of people associated with the club so that settles the issue regarding who made the call not to bring in more players…It was clearly not Ole.

In other words: As far as judging Ole goes, he isn’t perfect but he has done enough to get us into the top four already – it's just that he wasn’t given more signings. That’s my interpretation of the situation obviously, but I really struggle to see how anyone could make a case that a bigger squad wouldn’t have us at least four point higher up the table.

A (belated) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

AshRK

I would honestly urge the mods to lock this thread too when the game is going on just like they do with Players thread. Some of the comments after we went a goal down were horrendous.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We are four points off top four right now. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that those four points (and then some) would have been collected had we had cover for the injuries to the likes of McTominay and Martial this season.

Stephen Howson said on his latest podcast that Ole was going mad to the point of “throwing chairs and tables around” (or words to that effect) when he wasn’t given more signings in the summer…Howson is a very credible journalist who knows a lot of people associated with the club so that settles the issue regarding who made the call not to bring in more players…It was clearly not Ole.

In other words: As far as judging Ole goes, he isn’t perfect but he has done enough to get us into the top four already – it's just that he wasn’t given more signings. That’s my interpretation of the situation obviously, but I really struggle to see how anyone could make a case that a bigger squad wouldn’t have us at least four point higher up the table.

Wow. We only need kicking the boot at banking accountant's face and we got our SAF back ...and I thought Jose was the exuberant one.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

I agree - next season will be his true test.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Maybe because I didn't think we were as bad especially during his 2nd season. By the third, I, like most others, gave up on him.
Not the point. Do you actually believe you are judging them by the same stick? These posts were in November of last year:

Such a shame that some of us want our manager and, ultimately, our club to succeed.
This is why siding with the Jose out contingent is so hard. Literally moan in every thread.
We're not really a team known for thrashing others team, though. Of course, we've done it occasionally and some of them will always live in our memories. But the most memorable games and the reason this club has the following it does are the close games, the comebacks, the 90th minute winners. I just don't understand how fans are "shocked" by a person who prefers the sort of games which define our club.
I'd say that we've been pretty awful at times this season as we were for half an hour today. But we overcame that awful period with a pretty good performance and inflicted a first home defeat for a high flying Bournemouth team. Honestly, if you're complaining about that performance, then you need a different hobby. In fact, we've been pretty good in our last 4 PL games - 10 points from 12 with 9 goals scored. We actually look like something.
Yeah, it is. But so was your initial point on the substitutions. They worked - the ultimate aim was to score a goal and not concede. We did both and thus, I don't see how you can claim that the substitutions (almost) didn't work. In fact, Rashford, a sub, should have scored within 10 minutes of coming on.
Well, you've been in a Jose thread pretty much doing the same thing for about 1 year and a half. Also, what makes Rashford immune to criticism? Every player in our team gets ripped into - it's part and parcel of the game.

As for the initial point, well we can talk in hypothetical's, if you want? Technically, had we won all the games we lost, we'd be top of the league, right? So, your criticism of Mourinho is unjustified.
Compare that to this (just in this thread):

We're boring, we're shit and I honestly will welcome a loss here, a loss tomorrow until hes sacked. Hes completely ruined football for me.
Definitely. I watch Southampton play a few weeks back and they were played a great game with a constant barrage of attacks. In fairness, we've scored 3 but everything feels so hollow.
Bit underwhelming towards the end. Newcastle gifted us 3 goals. Not convinced. Still would rather have him sacked.

That is a staggering amount of hypocrisy. In fairness, it's not just you. I've said this before: One of the main reasons why I don't respect a large portion of those who want Ole out is because they were bending over backward to give Jose allowances they refuse to give Ole, solely because his managerial CV is worse.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Foxbatt

Not the point. Do you actually believe you are judging them by the same stick? These posts were in November of last year:

That is a staggering amount of hypocrisy. In fairness, it's not just you. I've said this before: One of the main reasons why I don't respect a large portion of those who want Ole out is because they were bending over backward to give Jose allowances they refuse to give Ole, solely because his managerial CV is worse.
Of course track record goes a long way in the case of anyone. If Pep or Klopp had not won anything they would not be employed by City or Liverpool. Jose was employed because he has won the PL a few times, won the Serie A, La Liga, Primiera Liga and the CL twice.
It's ridiculous to accuse people of hypocrisy when people don't accept or give Ole the leeway because he has not won anything of importance and neither has he ever managed or coached even a decent size club let alone a big club.
To make matters worse he has not shown so far the capability of even coaching well a football team to compete in winning anything in the PL.
All he had done so far is beat teams that attack and leave space behind them. Wolves and Sheffield United are above us in the league.

Aresma7

bLA BLA BLA. Fans like you hinder the club by supporting a dinsour of a manager. It is clear you have NO idea about football. It is not short vs long, after 1 year there was ZERO improvements, we have no clue, I repeat no CLUE how to break team. We lost against shit team and most of the time they outplayed us. This is UNACCEPTABLE from a United manager, no style, players have no idea what to do. He needs to go OUT ASAP.

He is not capable so he needs to go not bring people with new contract that we have to sack later.

After a year he was nto capable to change anything.
Why won’t you apply for Ed’s job. Think you would run this club very well. Straight to success. Strengthen in Jan and win the league by summer

Halftrack

Nice, but prepare to hear about how it's totally different this time.

And not to be all Top Red, but anyone hoping for us to lose, regardless of who's in charge, is a shit fake supporter.

Greck

the Ole throwing chairs and tables bit is how you know that's utter BS. Forget the part where it's out of character, we hadn't even started dropping games to get to that point of frustration. I don't know who this journo is but no one has a 100% record and they all have personal opinions and agendas people tend to mix in with what they report

Mainoldo

He hates Ole more than Jose. So what....he doesn’t have to be impartial just to please us. Like most people that back Ole his blind faith to Jose stopped him from seeing the truth. Atleast he hasn’t been fooled twice. Smart man.

alexthelion

And not to be all Top Red, but anyone hoping for us to lose, regardless of who's in charge, is a shit fake supporter.
Never a truer word typed on here. Well said.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Of course track record goes a long way in the case of anyone. If Pep or Klopp had not won anything they would not be employed by City or Liverpool. Jose was employed because he has won the PL a few times, won the Serie A, La Liga, Primiera Liga and the CL twice.
It's ridiculous to accuse people of hypocrisy when people don't accept or give Ole the leeway because he has not won anything of importance and neither has he ever managed or coached even a decent size club let alone a big club.
To make matters worse he has not shown so far the capability of even coaching well a football team to compete in winning anything in the PL.
All he had done so far is beat teams that attack and leave space behind them. Wolves and Sheffield United are above us in the league.
That's an extremely myopic point of view. Mangers, just like players can become better or worse. Pep and Zidane, club legends, became managers of the two biggest clubs in the world managing sides B sides (3rd and 4th division respectively IIRC). Fans need to stop pretending CV is this great indicator of future success because it's simply not, especially when comparing jobs on different ends of the resource spectrum.

Furthermore, I don't think you even bothered to read the quotes or you're choosing to engage in Olympic level mental gymnastics. He literally has two different standards for a United manager. For Jose, he just "wants the manager to succeed", but for Ole he "welcomes a loss". Probably most bizarre is giving Jose and excuse for not trashing an opponent ("not known for trashing other teams") but for Ole " it was ridiculous that we took the foot off the pedal". Bizzare defense.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He hates Ole more than Jose. So what....he doesn’t have to be impartial just to please us. Like most people that back Ole his blind faith to Jose stopped him from seeing the truth. Atleast he hasn’t been fooled twice. Smart man.
It's not even blind faith. He literally has two completely different standards for a United manager. That is next-level hypocrisy.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Even more absurd that you have "fans" defending another "fan" that is hoping "their" team loses so the manager is sacked. Mind-numbing stuff.

fergosaurus

It's not even blind faith. He literally has two completely different standards for a United manager. That is next-level hypocrisy.
So you're telling me he had more patience with Mourinho, who won trophies and finished 2nd a few months before, over the man whose only track record in an elite football league previous to the shitshow we're currently witnessing was taking Cardiff from 16th to 20th and six points off safety? That's crazy talk.

He'sRaldo

Even more absurd that you have "fans" defending another "fan" that is hoping "their" team loses so the manager is sacked. Mind-numbing stuff.
Funny, I've always suspected some Jose supporters were still sore about the sacking. The negativity back then was massive, and even when Ole came back, at the slightest wobble you could feel it brewing behind the scenes. It's now affected everything and everyone surrounding the club.

Honestly can't wait till the effects of Jose's tenure is completely purged from the club. I have no doubt it's still affecting us now.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
So you're telling me he had more patience with Mourinho, who won trophies and finished 2nd a few months before, over the man whose only track record in an elite football league previous to the shitshow we're currently witnessing was taking Cardiff from 16th to 20th and six points off safety? That's crazy talk.
The same manager who spent nearly 400m on players mostly deemed not good enough, created a toxic atmosphere, didn't hit his own targets, never challenged for the PL (2nd yet 16 points from 1st), consistently poor results in the CL, and had United 11 points off 4th before left. Yeah, let's give this guy more rope and bin the guy who nearly salvaged last season after 6 months into his first transfer window.

Sound reasoning.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Funny, I've always suspected some Jose supporters were still sore about the sacking. The negativity back then was massive, and even when Ole came back, at the slightest wobble you could feel it brewing behind the scenes. It's now affected everything and everyone surrounding the club.

Honestly can't wait till the effects of Jose's tenure is completely purged from the club. I have no doubt it's still affecting us now.
I'm convinced it's just another way to validate their backing Jose. If Ole is fired and a manager with a great CV is brought in, it becomes all Woodward's fault and the mental gymnastics begin again.

Mainoldo

Madness... but don’t talk too much sense. You’ll confuse people.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

wow. One of the most thorough takedowns of a poster. Fantastic.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm convinced it's just another way to validate their backing Jose. If Ole is fired and a manager with a great CV is brought in, it becomes all Woodward's fault and the mental gymnastics begin again.
I knew Mourinho would be bad (I didn’t think would be THAT bad) but I thought it was needed to hire him. I thought once he’d finally failed we could move on. Obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.