Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Questioning him based on results isn't enough for you? You're now actively looking for shit to criticise him for, to the point where you're looking at how he answers questions at a press conference and drawing conclusions about how he talks to his players based on that?

I didn't think you lot could stoop any lower, but boy was I wrong. Fecking pathetic.
I’ve never actually judged him based solely on results. I’ve judged him based on what is obviously his utter incompetence to be the manager of this club. From his handling of the transfer window, to his inability to implement a style of play, from his lowering of expectations to save his own backside, from the bs he spoke when he first took over to get gullible fans like yourself to believe in him to the shift now.

As for the moral outrage... please Ole isn’t a special needs student that I’m criticising. Although it’s you lot that treat him as if he is in need of special allowances and exemptions.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
What exactly did they go on to achieve?

Practically gave them away because if he never they would be dead wood like Darmian outstaying there welcome. Plus Welbeck was sold for £17m. Zaha we got our money back virtually plus we are still sitting on 20% sell on. Rafael was sold for decent money. So are you referring to just Nani.

Like stop embarrassing yourself your out of your depth with football knowledge.
Oh my, hit a nerve? No matter how you spin it those players were worth A LOT more than 49 million.

Welbeck was not very good and the only one we got decent money for, so fair
Kagawa was sold for 8 million. Thats nothing. The ironic part is that LvG's system was screaming for players with good technical ability and good short passing so why sell him?
Evans is better than Rojo. Hands down. Hes also better than Smalling and Jones imo. Hes now playing in a really good Leichester defense
Nani was one of our most talented players and was 27 at the time, is that deadwood?
Rafael was maybe a bit rash but a better RB than both Valencia and Young

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because we didn't win all our games. Weird question.

If you take off the blinkers for a second and look at the Arsenal and Liverpool match, we should have won those if not for defensive mistakes. That's a 4 point difference and would be 5 positions higher, sitting in 5th. If we did better against the small teams, of which we either drew or lost by a single goal, then we'd comfortably be in top four.
The irony

Keefy18

Blaming the fans for the club's status now! are you serious? The fans are the most toxic and hurtful thing at the time but not the incompetent manager, the incompetent CEO Ed and the leeches of owners, some of our mercenary players? really?
The fans who pays Ed Woodward's, the players and the managers salary?
You mean the same supporters who sang Jose's name, sold & bought Jose scarves...with LVG sat in the feckin dug out? The same supporters who continually cry, piss, moan about want want and want. You take the good times with the bad, you support through it all no matter what.

Calling for a managers head the way our supporters have for months on end now without even affording Ole a legitimate chance at the job is nothing short of absolutely disgusting.

So many of our supporters are arrogant and deluded and like to think we are different, they'll jump up and scream about how bad Real supporters are but then find it completely acceptable to abuse players mid match like Fellaini, Young, Jones, Rashford, Lingard, Pogba etc etc etc... Hell our very own supporters got on the cases of club legends like De Gea, Ronaldo and Evra for not being instantly brilliant.

BTW, The majority of all clubs revenue these days is made up of TV revenue. Not from supporters. OT could be feckin empty and United would still rake it in.

So no the supporters don't pay Woodward, the managers or players salary. TV revenue does.

This. If we instead had bought a midfielders, people would 100% bitch and moan about us not buying a CB and a RB. He sent Smalling on loan and suddenly hes the best CB ever, despite the fact that hes been here 10 years soon, under 5 different managers and has yet to establish himself as a first choice under any of them. Hes a decent enough defender, but i think people have forgotten just how much he panics when he is put under pressure.

If you want to play out from the back, then its a real fecking problem if you have a CB that hoofs it every time another player looks at him.
Absolutely they would.

I mean, I'm bored to feckin tears still reading about Jose not getting Maguire last summer. The same Jose who refused to offload players to lower the wage bill and raise funds for players? Alrighty then!

He was first choice because the other choices were even worse. Smalling was dropped from the England squad for a reason and when he did play for us he got a lot of abuse for not being good enough. Let's not pretend he's some kind of world-class defender. Maguire is easily better than him and Lindelof while not as good in the air is better at basically everything else. Tuanzebe has the potential to become world-class or better than Smalling at least so it makes sense to want to open a pathway for him which Ole has done. The players that aren't better than him are Jones and Rojo but who's going to take them off our hands?
I'm not sure that's in anyway true at all.

Standard of our supporters revising their sentiments. I'd argue at least 90% of our supporters had Bailly and Lindelof nailed on as our best CB in recent years.

If you want to be bothered dig out the threads on our best CB partnership on here from the last year or 2 and it will prove my point that everyone had Smalling and Jones as our worst CB (in their opinions).

Last edited:

Keefy18

"Managed to clear our players", you mean practically giving away Welbeck, Kagawa, Zaha, Evans, Nani and Rafael for a combined total of 49 million? That's less than we paid for Shaw+Rojo

LvG fecked up the "rebuild" badly
He made errors no doubt but look at that list of players.

Welbeck was constantly injured and he was demanding to be 1st choice CF - Do folks forget this? He demanded to be ahead of Rooney and RVP or a move.
Kagawa - Super player, badly misused by Fergie and failed in the league ultimately.
Zaha - Ok player, nothing special. Far from consistent and I don't see many top clubs kicking his door in to sign him.
Evans - Probably the 1 that we should of kept, but he bought Blind in place. I see zero issues with that replacement.
Nani - One of our most frustrating players in the history of the club.
Rafael - Fantastic player but again like Welbeck, permanently injured.

He bought ADM (quality player, bad attitude) for Zaha, Martial for Nani, Blind for Evans...

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Jadon Sancho is not leaving Dortmund to play for Ole. If he does I’m sure it will be done to stupid wages and a stupid fee. As for Haland pretty similar.. they are talking about a stupid fee for an individual no-one actually knows much about. If rumours are try Ole has sent scouts out to check he’s actually justifying the fee and he’s coached him already. Make of that what you will. We lost Fellaini in January and Herrera around March. How much time do they need to identify and get a midfielder. Maybe they should have got Longstaff first if he was the main target. Instead of paying £50m for a RB and raising Newcastle’s valuation.
If you think Haaland goes for stupid wages and stupid fee then you don't know anything about the situation outside of pundit headlines. The player has a 30m euro buyout clause and chose Salzburg over Juventus. Payday is not the priority, playtime is. We know this because Haalands father has stated as much, several times. His father has also been to visit both RB Leipzig, AND the MUFC brass at OT. Haaland textes OGS occasionally, we know this because he has said as much himself - due to the nature of their former relationship. The texting is as far as we know not grooming related, but rather congratulatory.

Longstaff was never a possibility because Newcastle didn't want to, or have to sell. The price did not rocket to £50m because we bought AWB for nearly that amount. Newcastle priced him out because they did not want to meet anyones valuation. RB was a BIGTIME priority for us, as was CB. Letting in goals was a huge problem last season, complete polar opposite this season. But you know what, going into the season we had a plethora of midfielders. Right now we have "just" enough with injuries. Easy to say we should have gotten this and that back then.

You, or I for that matter, don't know what Sancho wants. There seems to be an assumption that players don't want to come here because of our current situation. That is just bollocks. We know from "Agent Harry" that they seem to have a good professional relationship on the English national team. If Sancho has asked, i'm sure Harry has said good things, or Rashford for that matter. Then again he might not have, we don't know these things. All we DO know is that Sancho is a MUFC target.

OGS has sent his coach to scout the player and get unbiased insight, as he well should. OGS will have a natural confirmation bias from his time in Molde and its completely necessary to get an analysis from a party that might not agree with the favorable opinion the manager might have from 1 year ago. 30 million euro is a considerable investment.

Regarding midfielders.. like I've said several times. We targeted SEVERAL midfielders in the summer window. They got none. They will try again next window. The opinion of the staff is that they are not buying second best options.

mu4c_20le

Every game is deserved to win when you put it like that.

Bayern deserved to win if not for that 5 minute lapse. We deserve to win 2 cl if messi didnt head that ball. If and buts
Thats why I only used those two examples and not other games, like Bournemouth or Crystal Palace, where we needed to score more and thus more hypotheticals. It was incredibly frustrating because we battered Arsenal and did not deserve to draw, they were once again bailed out by their striker Aubameyang. We ended up sliding down the table while they sat in 5th, despite being in a deeper crisis than us, being shit on the pitch and with the Xhaka stuff. And against Liverpool we came closest to beating them in the league, but again a defensive lapse meant points dropped. Not bad for a clueless manager thats arguably the worst in the league, with a paper thin squad, and without our best player.

0le

"What an incredible performance today. He got the tactics spot on and we demolished them. "

Me in 3 hours time.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Sikk burn bruv
I know Ole is a national treasure in Norway. And as a player he’s a legend, he scored the winning goal in the CL final. He was a devoted servant who even when it was obvious that SAF was willing to sell him insisted on staying, even when SAF signed striker after striker he stayed and was happy to be a bench and then squad player. He could easily have gone off ( didn’t even have to force a move as SAF accepted 2-3 offers for him) and been regular starter at another club. But he stayed and tbh quality squad players are hard to find yet alone keep once they’ve proven their worth.

I think of Lukaku. Once he knew he was no longer number 1 starter he decided to leave. If only he had less pride, honour, and ambition and lacked the hunger to play 90 mins week in week out and was willing to be a bench player. Maybe in 18 years time he’d find himself managing United classed as a legend.

Kemizee

Can't wait for some people to be proven wrong, the progress is there under Ole but nobody these days has patience, which is key. The way he has the team moving forward, in all directions, is exactly what I hoped for when he came here. Yes some results may not sit well, but the players we have missed cannot be unlooked, Pogba, Martial, Shaw and now Scott, all First team players. He is bringing standards back to the club and the players, I mean, when was the last leak from the club about anything? Give the man his time, and he will do good whilst improving himself here also.

Off topic, (no access to general forums yet, 1 more like Haha) but very similar to Anthony Joshua, in that, I love seeing a fighter/ manager/ player, prove everyone wrong when written off. Come end of December I hope everyone will be looking at Ole and AJ in a better light, one they will deserve. Sorry if against rules.
That is the least worry for those who want him out I suppose. It is more the lack of coherence in play and a discernible pattern of play that is yet to be implemented since he became manager. People are no fools. Patience is not earned free of charge. It is given because there is a palpable direction in the affairs of the club.

Can you really say that we are making progress under Ole? And I don't mean recent wins against dross!

billybee99

You mean the same supporters who sang Jose's name, sold & bought Jose scarves...with LVG sat in the feckin dug out? The same supporters who continually cry, piss, moan about want want and want. You take the good times with the bad, you support through it all no matter what.

Calling for a managers head the way our supporters have for months on end now without even affording Ole a legitimate chance at the job is nothing short of absolutely disgusting.

So many of our supporters are arrogant and deluded and like to think we are different, they'll jump up and scream about how bad Real supporters are but then find it completely acceptable to abuse players mid match like Fellaini, Young, Jones, Rashford, Lingard, Pogba etc etc etc... Hell our very own supporters got on the cases of club legends like De Gea, Ronaldo and Evra for not being instantly brilliant.

BTW, The majority of all clubs revenue these days is made up of TV revenue. Not from supporters. OT could be feckin empty and United would still rake it in.

So no the supporters don't pay Woodward, the managers or players salary. TV revenue does.

Absolutely they would.

I mean, I'm bored to feckin tears still reading about Jose not getting Maguire last summer. The same Jose who refused to offload players to lower the wage bill and raise funds for players? Alrighty then!

I'm not sure that's in anyway true at all.

Standard of our supporters revising their sentiments. I'd argue at least 90% of our supporters had Bailly and Lindelof nailed on as our best CB in recent years.

If you want to be bothered dig out the threads on our best CB partnership on here from the last year or 2 and it will prove my point that everyone had Smalling and Jones as our worst CB (in their opinions).
And who do you think pays to watch sky or dazn or for cable tv packages?... oh yeah, the supporters. So yeah, we do pay for Woodward and the players salaries etc. Every month when DAZN takes money from my credit card, I'm paying player's salaries. Every time you buy a jersey, Adidas or Nike (or whoever) pockets the cash and then they pay United or Barca a billion every ten years to do it again and in this scenario, you are indirectly paying player's salaries. There are many ways that we pay player's salaries aside from going to Old Trafford.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

And who says Ole won't get us top 4? But our spoiled rotten to the core, toxic supporters won't even allow Ole 10 games into a full season and throwing him under the bus.

The whole bit in bold is genuinely the stupidest crap I've seen posted on any forum anywhere on any football site. They are clearly the best ran because they are currently the countries 2 most successful sides. Norwich & Brighton well ran?

You mean Gill who was utterly useless and simply used Fergie's genius and football ability to make a name for himself? The same David Gill who tucked his tail and ran the minute SAF called it quits. The same cowardly scumbag Gill who rakes it in with a salary from the club but offers little to nothing by way of relevant input on how the club is ran going forward? The same Gill who dropped Woodward in the shits with an ageing, falling apart squad that needed an absolute overhaul and offered no support to Gill in the transition and handover of duties... Oh yes, he's vastly superior as CEO of the club alright.

If you want to talk about better ran clubs at least use Leicester the club you then mention who are ahead of us ffs. They've won a league more recently than us, they've sold all bar 2 players pretty much from that title winning side and now rebuilt a better team again sooner than us.

You mean Fergie who took 4 years to win a trophy and 6 for a league?

You did give me a bloody good laugh mate, cheers.
Nice rant. Stupid points as usual though. They say rich kids are spoilt and entitled.. probably why United fans don’t have the same expectations as a Leicester fan and people like you.

You told me Liverpool and City are the best ran clubs for being 1&2. Then crucified David Gill by your logic we was the best run club the so how are you going to criticise him? Goes back to my point that just because you are top doesn’t mean you’re the best run. Probably more to the point you just bloody proved ( without probably knowing) they have the best managers.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He made errors no doubt but look at that list of players.

Welbeck was constantly injured and he was demanding to be 1st choice CF - Do folks forget this? He demanded to be ahead of Rooney and RVP or a move.
Kagawa - Super player, badly misused by Fergie and failed in the league ultimately.
Zaha - Ok player, nothing special. Far from consistent and I don't see many top clubs kicking his door in to sign him.
Evans - Probably the 1 that we should of kept, but he bought Blind in place. I see zero issues with that replacement.
Nani - One of our most frustrating players in the history of the club.
Rafael - Fantastic player but again like Welbeck, permanently injured.

He bought ADM (quality player, bad attitude) for Zaha, Martial for Nani, Blind for Evans...
Welbeck, fair enough, he was the only one we got decent money for
Kagawa as you said was misused by Fergie and would have fitted well in LvG's style imo. Hes 4 times the player Lindgaard is and he played quite a bit under LvG
Zaha is a good player. Has been the best player in Palace for years now
Evans is a good CB. Better than most we have anyways
Nani might have been frustrating, but when he was on form he was lethal
Rafael had injury problems, but were they that bad?

Mainoldo

Oh my, hit a nerve? No matter how you spin it those players were worth A LOT more than 49 million.

Welbeck was not very good and the only one we got decent money for, so fair
Kagawa was sold for 8 million. Thats nothing. The ironic part is that LvG's system was screaming for players with good technical ability and good short passing so why sell him?
Evans is better than Rojo. Hands down. Hes also better than Smalling and Jones imo. Hes now playing in a really good Leichester defense
Nani was one of our most talented players and was 27 at the time, is that deadwood?
Rafael was maybe a bit rash but a better RB than both Valencia and Young
Johnny Evans is not better than Rojo and left us to join bloody West Brom he then left them to join a midtable Leicester. How exactly was we getting big money for players on high wages, which big teams wanted them? There’s a reason why Welbeck was the most expensive. He’s the only one that went to a club that had then financial clout to make a deal like that.

joseph_p

Why are our players lingering on the ball so much? There's so much space for players to exploit if they would just get the ball 1 sec. earlier, just one touch less is all it'd take to transform our game for the most part. It's like our coaching team can't fathom this concept.

Terminator2017

ole is doing a fine job, lets remember he is still a novice at his trade but to draw with the league leaders Liverpool cmon, noone has managed to take pts off them yet and we could have won that game. I think ole needs more time, he clearly has a passion for Manchester United and clearly is bringing the passion back, I think we should give him at least a couple more seasons to try and get things right.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can forgive the goal. It's a mistake but we spent the whole of preseason practising how to press.
Another game against a promoted side and we are being outplayed.
Put us out of this misery ffs!

luke511

We're getting tactically battered at the moment. 2 small, untidy centre midfielders vs. Sheffield's set up is suicide.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You simply can’t win a game of football with 2 of the crappiest “midfielders“ if you can call them that in the league.

pacifictheme

I'd say this is as bad as towards the end of joses reign and he was actively trying to get sacked.

izec

Rollercoaster. He will be done sooner or later. He is clueless. He will win a game followed by a loss etc
As long as we dont get relegated i guess

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If he loved the club like he always bangs on about then he’d admit he’s completely out of his depth and he’d walk Away.

Status
Not open for further replies.