Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Guardiola has a style, tactics and is inspiring, of course he'd get better out of our forwards, I can't believe you honestly think otherwise. Ole just isn't the required level.
Ok so the best manager in the world might, you can say that about the whole league. Individually they aren't good enough it's as clear as day. Martial takes it up a notch in quality but he was missing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ditto!

Solksjaer has done a brilliant job at clearing the dross, however he is well out of his depth. Appointing him under pressure from the media after a fluke win against PSG was just yet another disaster by our owners.
Not sure why you’re blaming the media. It was our fan base, myself included who were duped by that night in Paris and a few games before.

Many people warned us, Paul Ince included, yet we sneered at them as jealous frauds.

Fans are to blame for this, no-one else.

SGA

He's absolutely clueless. His record as our manager is abysmal. His past record as a manager is abysmal. Totally out of his depth. People say our squad is bad but we have supposedly one of the best keepers in the world, the most expensive centre half in the world, one of the most promising young right backs in the world, when played correctly one of the best midfielders in the world and two of the best young strikers. A half decent manager should be able to get a team containing these guys to be beating average teams like Palace and Southampton. He has to go. Simple. The longer he stays the worse it's going to get. I don't get why just because its "Ole" he gets off lightly after this run of results. Its horrendous.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I still back him but would not be surprized if we dont get anywhere while he is manager.

Pogba is a problem. I dont think he wants to be here, so Ole has to deal with that.

We still need some MFs. And an attacker.

Dan James looks very good so that is promising.

I think we have to give OLe the season unless we are doing really really poor.

Lingarrd has to go as well. Just treating football like its a joke, flashing his millions in our faces every week.

Smores

"It's getting there" and "not a dip in form" according to Ole :lol:

God i miss Fergie

Dinghy

He's got way too much confidence in players like Rashford, Lindelof and McTominay. A manager with more pedigree would have demanded more signings in the midfield and attacking areas in the summer before taking over the job, especially when getting rid of two attackers and our second best midfielder.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Waste of a season having him as a head coach.

Only positive is some of the signings long term.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Then don't let them go [and especially dont push them out] until you have a solid plan to replace/improve. That's on the manager surely for sanctioning such sales and deciding he'll 'make do' until the right one becomes available?

I'm no fan of woodward, but I'm quite sure he's not forcing such sales.
Woodward also oversees the broader equities of the club and has been the only common thread during our 6 years of mediocrity. Ultimately, its on him to allow this sort of thing to happen, which he has done repeatedly over the course of 4 managers now.

el3mel

5 points out of our first 12.

Last season we got 6 points even though we lost 2 matches out of the first 4 !

Progress lads. Squad can't be built over the night, just trust Ole, or whatever.

starman

At the end of last season he was looking very tired, pre season he looked refreshed. It's 3 games and he's starting to looks like a old granny again

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Doesn't really matter. We can keep him or sack him and give it to McKenna and Carrick for the next few years until someone competent becomes available.

Thing is, Woodward is the one picking people. So getting it right has about %1 chance of happening.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's got way too much confidence in players like Rashford, Lindelof and McTominay. A manager with more pedigree would have demanded more signings in the midfield and attacking areas in the summer before taking over the job, especially when getting rid of two attackers and our second best midfielder.
The problem is a manager with more pedigree did demand more signings, but he was seen as toxic (not saying that's not true) and hounded out the club.

edgecutter

Dealt a bad hand, but he has to make do. My issue is the lack of ideas and attack. He knows full well what teams are going to do and that includes the backroom team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No one is available to replace him that I want. Best to keep him and tell him to improve results or he will be sacked by Christmas.

Ole role at the club needs to change though. From manager of the club to being part of the transfer committee. Yes, it is a huge demotion, but Ole transfer activity looks much better than our last previous manager. He might not accept such a role, but it is better than going back to a nobody league and managing Molde.
Agreed.

Next time we need to actually hire a progressive manager who favours implementing our game on the opponent instead of being a reactionary side. I'm sick of having managers who are the on the side of the latter.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We know two things.

1. He genuinely can’t manage at this level. If we need a goal with 20 minutes to go, he doesn't know what to do. If we need to protect a lead with 20 minutes to go, he doesn't know what to do.

2. He won’t be sacked in 2019.

What can you do anymore? What can you say? We just have to put up with this further humiliation and hope the club is already looking for a proper manager for next season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The point is we didn't replace or improve on the ones we let go.
I agree but how we can know what players we wanted to replace them? His faith in Rashford is huge. Maybe he wanted only some backup option? Maybe not, maybe he wanted top top class like Lewa. Who knows? But few days before deadline he still had time to say; "Lukaku stays". Same goes for Alexis now.
Ed is our huge huge problem but blaming him for everything is not solution.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Squad is too thin, players are too young,inexperienced,average,inconsistent. It does look like the inevitable..again.

What sums us up, 15 Years ago a Rashford would come in a team that is establish for him to get experience. Now he's the main man and we reliant on him. We just too reliant on players that aren't good enough yet.
I think it's a case of us being so desperate for any signs of hope, that the club naively over-promote any youngster that shows a bit of promise.

Rashford it the classic example. He gets a game in an injury crisis as an unheard of youth player and scores a couple of goals. Everyone gets over-excited. A couple of years later and he's on a £200k a week contract at 21 years of age and expected to lead the attack, despite clearly being a long way short of being a top class striker. I like Rashford, but it's a ludicrous position for us, and him, to be in.

Januzaj was the same. And now McTominay. And Greenwood. The club needs to calm down and not rush things. Do they not realise how incredibly hard it is to be a player for a top club, and the vanishingly small odds that the random players in our own academy will happen to be world class players?

You're doing well as a club if you get one first team player from the academy every 3 years. We seem to be hoping for 2 or 3 every year. It's madness.

Leonzo1

Shocking game management from him today.

Pogba is not and will never be a B2B. How can ole not see that is beyond me. For 70 minutes the guy lost possession left right and center, created nothing in the final third. Played 20 minutes near the goal and he was by far our best player.

What is the point of Pereira and Lingard? Two of the most pointless players I have ever seen in a united shirt. Literally zero contribution to the team and yet somehow we cannot play a football game without at least one of them.

Why give greenwood barely 10 minutes against a tired Southampton with 10 men? With all the praise Mason gets from ole and he is yet to play more than 15 minutes this season.

Why Angel Gomes is left out of the sauad, when he is literally the only attacking player we've got with an eye for a pass.

I like ole and really hope that he succeeds here but at the moment he just gets everything wrong.

RD94

We need a manager or a coach who will have some tactical knowledge and coach players and not just tell them press opponent and wait for a mistake and even that pressing is not coached properly,one presses,the other just stands and looks around like headless chicken.
Awful.I simply dont know if we were to replace him then who would we get.I like Daniel Farke side Norwich and their way of playing..

Kweku Amonoo

He doesnt have a clue in regards to in game mgt.

But you can see what he wants in a team and squad. He's shifting players that dont suit.

Im not sure its his fault we didnt buy a rw, forward and at least one midfielder so i cant blame him for that.

Wouldnt be surprised if he's sacked by xmas all the same.
You give him credit for shifting players he doesn't want, but then go on to absolve him of all blame for not signing any replacements. If he's not part of a solution, then he's part of the problem. Period.

the hea

I'm really starting to doubt him. The fact that he brings on Lingard and Matic when we are chasing a goal just baffles me, those two offers nothing whatsoever going forward.
Selling Lukaku and not signing a striker will probably be his downfall. If we had Lukaku or any other proper striker we would probably have won against Southampton and Wolves.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Starting to lose faith in him, but who the feck do we realistically hire now? And even if we did sack him and get the best man available, what would he do whit the shit squad we have? Our supposed "best" players Pogba and De Gea are constantly delivering disappointing performances, the rest are either painfully mediocre or just plain shite

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We can't really judge Ole up until he's got 23 hungry guys

hp88

This is going to end horribly for him, he's way out of his depth at United.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They said this about Mourinho. Who cares. Try again.
I genuinely believe if we sacked Solsjkaer now, the manager who replaces him will be a dead man walking on here by the end of the season.
Solsjkaer is so far from perfect, but I just don't see that much quality in the squad.
We've got rid of a lot of rubbish, but the next Summer needs to be a big one for United Iregardless of who manages us.

Suvvernmanc

We've bought in a yes man. It's that simple.

Woodard has had alot of stick in recent years so he got someone in who will say the right things to the media.

With that being said, I think Woodward has had pressure from above to save money/not spend money as the previous 2 managers have been backed and we have nothing to show for it.

The Glazers are the problem!. Woody is a dick but we all know he would spend the money if he could.

Ole is just the media man. We are making the club alot of money so the Glazer's are happy.

Erics_Collar

Seems in a good mood. Laughing and smiling away in his post match interview. Sure he's only delighted to be manager of the biggest club in the world.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ole and his coaching staff maybe need to think a bit more like Mourinho. 4-2-3-1 is badly exposing our lack of midfield depth, our weak defence and taking away half of Pogba's game. Once we go 1-0 up, or sometimes when we're just facing difficult teams, we may need to revert to 4-3-3 with Pogba as our most advanced midfielder and two men covering him. We are not good enough to play in such an open manner. As much as many of us hated him for it, today Jose probably would've brought on Matic as soon as the second half momentum went to Southampton. We'd have played garbage from that point but we probably would've scraped a 1-0. We're not good enough to play any different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.