Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I respect your resolve guys.

If he’s any chance of turning this around he needs to revert to counterattack, play the best players to suit that system and the players who will put a shift in for him.

If he makes it to January beg the club to go in for the best DM we can get in January to sure up that midfield. Take it from there.

That would be my plan if I’m Ole right now. As well as scripting the best speech of any manager since Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday to try and get these players to not completely down tools on him.
He can't turn it around. The team he assembled is unbalanced. To balance that out he'll need to bench top players who will end up turning against him. Even the thought of such threat is hurting him big time. For example there are persistent rumors of Greenwood falling out with Ronaldo (or viceversa). Its dog vs dog here and no one wants to be pushed out of the spotlight.

The next manager will have to act quickly and decisively to get rid of some top players else he'll be trapped in the same mess.

dinostar77

someone pasted the text in one of the comments.
Thanks I will try to find it.

Edit: a nothing of real substance article. Players calling out Ole and his staff in the dressing room after Leicester and liverpool defeats. He's lost the dressing room well part of it and it's over for any manager once players start calling you out in front of the entire squad. Dead man walking.

Last edited:
So he's not even a United supporter?
I’d say barely. Been crystal clear since he joined that he was here for one reason, to chat about his countryman and back him to the hilt in every thread. Very similar to how daydreamer joined for no other reason than to chat ”Messi” all day long and slag off Ronaldo at every opportunity.

The posters who join with one “goal” in mind often add the least to good debate.

Last edited:

Bratt

TBF he says himself in another thread the other day, he joined Redcafe because it was fun to see a Norwegian managing the club, so Tom's up front about it. I'm sure it's naturally difficult not to let bias creep in when it's such a big deal for a fellow countryman to be managing Man Utd.
Believe me, it’s not that difficult wanting Ole to get the sack.
That being said, I’m also part of some norwegian United-groups, and while I haven’t seen any polls there, I would reckon it would be around 50/50 if Ole should be sacked or not. Crazy!

MasterCode

I know mate.

Look, I know it's not a logical view but I can't help it. I love the guy and I love the club. He's done some fantastic things here in very difficult circumstances and despite what the "£400m spent" brigade say, he's not had the sort of backing his predecessors had. Seeing some of the puerile stuff I've seen here and on twitter regarding him and the job he's done, is disheartening. If he can't even get the credit for it from the supposed fans of the club, in what world will he get it from the wider media? The United in our name used to mean something, but it doesn't at the moment.

I can only hope he either turns it around and gets the naysayers back onside (unlikely, bordering on impossible) or the next man can unify the fanbase and satisfy the agitators.
This whole thing has been very revealing about the fanbase for me. Call me naive, I had no idea it was this bad.

I've seen stuff like:

"Ronaldo should've gone to city he deserves more"

"I hope we lose, so Ole is gone"

"What does Sir Alex know? He should shut up"

"Why do we support teams? Because they win trophies!"

Not to mention the insults about Ole, I'm forgetting more than I've seen, what I learned is that they have very thin skin and for them rival banter detetmins their support. Whatever happens to Ole I don't think I will be ever Unified with fans like that, they will always be plastic glory hunters forever. Theres a difference between supporters and fans for me now. I remember years ago arguing against folks that most United fans are glory hunters. I had no idea how right they was.

Real Name

This whole thing has been very revealing about the fanbase for me. Call me naive, I had no idea it was this bad.

I've seen stuff like:

Not to mention the insults about Ole, I'm forgetting more than I've seen, what I learned is that they have very thin skin and for them rival banter detetmins their support. Whatever happens to Ole I don't think I will be ever Unified with fans like that, they will always be plastic glory hunters forever. Theres a difference between supporters and fans for me now. I remember years ago arguing against folks that most United fans are glory hunters. I had no idea how right they was.
I've seen a post about Fergie who should be kept in a box in a stadium with privacy glass so they cant film his reactions to our defeats.
Cause he's mostly responsible for the current state of the club.

Cloud7

Two days left until our next match. We really are going into the next match with Ole as manager.

Flexdegea

I've seen stuff like:

So true.

someone mentioned the fans no be able to take Ole much longer, I'd say the same fans crying at moment writing some of the above comments been having a torrid time the last couple years anyway all they've done is moan like f##k, and now think they deserve the world and happiness for being top top fans. Even the paying match day fans getting it stacks too, for not pelting cars etc

Felt like even after we smashed teams, they were in after the matches still crying.......didn't understand it at all. Now after Liverpool hammering t's a total free for all with the media getting their pound of flesh, and everything has moved into feverish rabid territory.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Ah the good old if he has money he wont care about the insults argument.
I know, it's unbelievable how callous some people are. Ole has no doubt come up short as a manager but I can't believe people can be so uncaring about him as a human being, he's clearly a nice chap (probably half his problem really) who loves the club. Like if you're rich, you're not worthy of empathy.

Giggsyking

Its quite easy

No one saw this coming. We've had some up and down matches, but nothing coming close to the complete lack of form over the last couple weeks. The board was not prepared for this, they genuinely believed that the steady progress shown the last 2 years would continue with the new squad additions.

Not all of them are sold on Conte. He's a high maintenance guy that is on the other end of the continuity that they are trying to build. Everything the club has done so far would be undone overnight replaced with a guy who gets pissed off if the sun rises late.

There are no other good options so they are bidding their time to find a suitable replacement.

Ole has a lot of stock in the club following the efforts made since his appointment, despite some fans opinions that he's been a disaster in every regard.

So he's being given a last chance to steady the ship, or it is truly time to clean out the desk at Carrington.

If he gets positive results, of course he will continue. If you don't want the club to be successful under Ole you're not actually a fan of the club.
Wow. So some of you do care more about him than the club itself.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This confirms it for me, just spotted it in another thread. This is the same poster who has been defending Ole to the hilt and he has the backbone to step in to the thread about our next manager and suggest replacing him with a manager from the Norwegian league or their national team coach :lol:

What an absolute WUM.
I'm sorry that you didn't get an obvious joke. I'd thought the comment was outlandish enough to be understood as such.

My bad, carry on.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Bit of a pointless hypothetical. I mean, of course we’d all love the club to be successful under Ole. I’d also love it if we could win the treble with a team of players from the youth academy. I’d love if Nicky Butt could have played like peak Redondo in the second half of his career. Of if Rafael and Fabio were still our starting full-backs but better than Roberto Carlos and Cafu.
At least you understood the sentence unlike quite a few others who took it personally.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I’d say barely. Been crystal clear since he joined that he was here for one reason, to chat about his countryman and back him to the hilt in every thread. Very similar to how daydreamer joined for no other reason than to chat ”Messi” all day long and slag off Ronaldo at every opportunity.

The posters who join with one “goal” in mind often add the least to good debate.
Yeah I've been there before, tirelessly arguing with that MadWinger over Kagawa, then the Dutch guy who defended Blind, Depay & LVG to the absolute hilt. The problem is they do support United, but I think they let their nationality/patriotism overcloud what is actually best for the club. Their opinion can't be taken seriously.

MasterCode

So true.

someone mentioned the fans no be able to take Ole much longer, I'd say the same fans crying at moment writing some of the above comments been having a torrid time the last couple years anyway all they've done is moan like f##k, and now think they deserve the world and happiness for being top top fans. Even the paying match day fans getting it stacks too, for not pelting cars etc

Felt like even after we smashed teams, they were in after the matches still crying.......didn't understand it at all. Now after Liverpool hammering t's a total free for all with the media getting their pound of flesh, and everything has moved into feverish rabid territory.
You know whats funny to me, how fans can't tell that the media is intentionally trying to keep the fanbase insecure.

Hate to be the good old days guy, but somethings are constant regardless of the era.

I remember when the threat of City was finally materialising, the papers were questioning our players and our manager. Chelsea had won it the year before if I remember correctly and Arsenal were pushing us.

Every paper was hinting at the end of an era, us fans was NOT having it, I go to Upton Park we are down 2-0 to two dubious penalties. Rooney comes back scores a hatrick Chicharito bangs one more. After the game learn about Rooney swearing at the camera, papers criticising SAF saying he creates an Us vs Them mentality which causes his players to respond negatively. We didn't give a care in the world.

As a club (Supporters, Players, Manager) we were impenetrable. The media could never shake us, we wasn't so insecure. Shakey moments in a season, no longer champions, the threats of other teams we still had fortitude - which transmitted to the team imo,I recognise now this is well and truly dead.

Kills me to say it before Klopp won anything for Liverpool and kept failing in europa etc. I remember the same fortitude in Liverpool fans. I remember trying to rattle them saying "you can't press for 90ms you'll get injuries and lose finals etc", trying to wind em up. They refused to be rattled and just stuck with the course. They would get smacked up 4-0 in europe by sweedish nobodies and they wouldn't shake.

The media always had a soft spot for Liverpool, and it seems that because they used to never be able to penetrate us as a club. Now they've sunk their teeth into our fanbase they are never letting go. I see the insecurity in certain "fans" and what they don't understand is the fear defeats you before the result does.

These players/coaching staff/journos etc spend more time online with us than in stadiums nowadays, if every "fan" was a little more cautious with what they wrote it would go a long way.

It's funny I could argue that when United had a frosty relationship with press (SAF refusing to do interviews ETC) I can make an argument that was when we was most succesful.

Now I see United so called Fan channels guest appear on SkySports selling a reactionary fanbase to advertisers its all patethic.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

The worry for me is our board being the absolute clowns that they are if we do somehow manage to win the next 3 games they’ll probably reward Ole with another few years on his contract.

Flexdegea

You know whats funny to me, how fans can't tell that the media is intentionally trying to keep the fanbase insecure.

Hate to be the good old days guy, but somethings are constant regardless of the era.

I remember when the threat of City was finally materialising, the papers were questioning our players and our manager. Chelsea had won it the year before if I remember correctly and Arsenal were pushing us.

Every paper was hinting at the end of an era, us fans was NOT having it, I go to Upton Park we are down 2-0 to two dubious penalties. Rooney comes back scores a hatrick Chicharito bangs one more. After the game learn about Rooney swearing at the camera, papers criticising SAF saying he creates an Us vs Them mentality which causes his players to respond negatively. We didn't give a care in the world.

As a club (Supporters, Players, Manager) we were impenetrable. The media could never shake us, we wasn't so insecure. Shakey moments in a season, no longer champions, the threats of other teams we still had fortitude - which transmitted to the team imo,I recognise now this is well and truly dead.

Kills me to say it before Klopp won anything for Liverpool and kept failing in europa etc. I remember the same fortitude in Liverpool fans. I remember trying to rattle them saying "you can't press for 90ms you'll get injuries and lose finals etc", trying to wind em up. They refused to be rattled and just stuck with the course. They would get smacked up 4-0 in europe by sweedish nobodies and they wouldn't shake.

The media always had a soft spot for Liverpool, and it seems that because they used to never be able to penetrate us as a club. Now they've sunk their teeth into our fanbase they are never letting go. I see the insecurity in certain "fans" and what they don't understand is the fear defeats you before the result does.

These players/coaching staff/journos etc spend more time online with us than in stadiums nowadays, if every "fan" was a little more cautious with what they wrote it would go a long way.

It's funny I could argue that when United had a frosty relationship with press (SAF refusing to do interviews ETC) I can make an argument that was when we was most succesful.

Now I see United so called Fan channels guest appear on SkySports selling a reactionary fanbase to advertisers its all patethic.

Aye, wee are a free one now to them, the constant nonsense they write about us whether true or not, it's a free for all and our own fans be lapping it right up. Feeds into the everything is total shit narrative.

Heard folk even say Ole been getting a free ride from the media, :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.