Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud7

Only reason we haven't sacked Ole yet is the fact we don't have a clear replacement in place so far. Board is not entirely convinced about Conte (and to be honest I'm glad they are actually thinking about it rather than just rushing to get him in). They don't want an interim like Fletcher to take charge of next 3 games so it's Ole for Spurs and maybe another 2 games. As much as I am critical of United's board, it makes sense to explore all possible options until International break.
Firstly, it’s ridiculous that they haven’t been considering this possibility for a few weeks now.

Secondly, our season is not beyond saving, but further losses in the PL and CL under Ole make things more difficult for the person coming in to attempt to achieve something. At this stage every single match matters, so I don’t think Ole for 2-3 more games is a smart move.

Thirdly I’m not even convinced that they actually are planning to get rid of Ole at this point. I’m very skeptical about them and can definitely see a win/draw against Spurs and Atalanta and then the board saying Ole has steadied the ship and will continue.

Sviken

Didn't he already turn down the job once before? Barca seem like the kind of club that will just offer him the job in a few years time if he says no again anyway.
Furhermore, i'll add to that that Barca at the moment are a mess and it will take that will take a lot of time to fix. Xavi's stock will plummet if he fails. It's not a good deal for Xavi unless the Barca board can offer him assurances and even then I wouldn't take it because it would be his one and only chance of managing Barca... at a very bad moment in time.

Didn't he already turn down the job once before? Barca seem like the kind of club that will just offer him the job in a few years time if he says no again anyway.
We’ll see, I’m confident on this.
For Xavi I think it’s a good time considering their position, only way is up and all that. He’ll be confident he can do much better than Koeman.

BorisManUtd

Firstly, it’s ridiculous that they haven’t been considering this possibility for a few weeks now.

Secondly, our season is not beyond saving, but further losses in the PL and CL under Ole make things more difficult for the person coming in to attempt to achieve something. At this stage every single match matters, so I don’t think Ole for 2-3 more games is a smart move.

Thirdly I’m not even convinced that they actually are planning to get rid of Ole at this point. I’m very skeptical about them and can definitely see a win/draw against Spurs and Atalanta and then the board saying Ole has steadied the ship and will continue.
I agree with that entirely, it's worrying that all those performance before Liverpool haven't concerned them to the point to at least look for some available options if the time comes to sack Ole. I'm sure they were stunned to see that 5-0 loss, which shows how much they don't look into performances, because that result was coming, since Wolves, since Villarreal, Atalanta. But I'm still happy they're not acting stupidly, just hiring Conte for example without looking into it, rethinking etc.

Not sure anything saves Ole's job anymore. That happened in UCL against Villarreal and Atalanta, but after Liverpool, it's unimaginable to me, as we'll loss to City under him (if he is still there), and we're not beating both Spurs and Atalanta, actually winning one of those 2 games would be accomplishment in the state United's team is atm.

kerrygold

Supports
united
Since SAF left in 2013 we have not been further than the 1/4 final in the Champions League and our best Premiership finish was 2nd, achieved by both Ole and Mourinho

Remember the old adage, be careful what you wish for. Let's give him until Christmas, this is a club with exceptional expectations and our 'failure' is other clubs successes. Who is going to be the next victim or victor?
It’s been 3 years man. Let it go

Wilt

Same, i never understood why the song was even created to begin with. We dont even have a song for SAF but we created one for Ole who hasn't even done anything for us managerial wise. Pure stupidity.
I‘ve always hated that song, what does it even mean ….at the wheel of what?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Its quite easy

No one saw this coming. We've had some up and down matches, but nothing coming close to the complete lack of form over the last couple weeks. The board was not prepared for this, they genuinely believed that the steady progress shown the last 2 years would continue with the new squad additions.

Not all of them are sold on Conte. He's a high maintenance guy that is on the other end of the continuity that they are trying to build. Everything the club has done so far would be undone overnight replaced with a guy who gets pissed off if the sun rises late.

There are no other good options so they are bidding their time to find a suitable replacement.

Ole has a lot of stock in the club following the efforts made since his appointment, despite some fans opinions that he's been a disaster in every regard.

So he's being given a last chance to steady the ship, or it is truly time to clean out the desk at Carrington.

If he gets positive results, of course he will continue. If you don't want the club to be successful under Ole you're not actually a fan of the club.
I’m sorry Tom but this is Bull. No disrespect but you and I have probably lived on two different planets these last few weeks.

Either you’re living in denial or you’re completely blind because of your loyalty. I prefer to think that Solskjaer’s nationality plays a big part in your assessment. The signs has been written of the wall since our loss against Villarreal. It’s not just the last four five games that has been horrendous.

There is so much wrong inside this club that we all can write a book about it and it’s not only one man’s fault. The last few days has shown us all that the club is rotten from top to bottom. I‘m lost for words regarding Woodward and Arnold. If Ole goes they must be stripped out of all decision making regarding football related matters.

Ole’s man management with some of our players has been so bad that only that alone is sack worthy. What’s is happening now is probably just the top of the ice berg.

His pressers has been full of cliches and empty words. Now these charades is coming back and haunt him. Its a good thing that he protects his players and his staff but sometimes you have tell the story how it is if you want to keep some credibility. A spade is always a spade.

His tactical knowledge is so amateurish that no explanation is needed.

The clubs transfers the last three years must be evaluated. Buying and renewing contracts to players the manager don’t use tells us there is no synchronization between the manager and the people in charge. Buying three strikers three seasons in a row the last few days of the transfer window is also a sign of no long term plan. Another curious thing is why did we buy Jadon Sancho without a plan how to use him? We throw money around without ant clear strategy how to use them. Ole isn’t the only one to blame but he’s part of the problem.

Ole has done good things but unfortunately he’s so incompetent in so many areas that right now we only see his failures.

As is stands right now the club has just bought themselves some time to find the right candidate. Totally unprepared regarding successor or how to handle a crisis. That alone tells the story how miss managed this club is. Going into a new season without a back up plan if somethings goes wrong is pure incompetence on the highest level. Whatever happens Ole is a sitting duck just waiting for the execution.

I can’t see any other replacement then Conte if we want someone immediately. Not my first choice but regarding tactical knowledge he’s one of the best.,

Let‘s hope Ole can walk out of Carrington with his head high and with some dignity. The last 48h has been brutal against him.

Wilt

What happens if Spurs thrash us? Is that the straw that will break the camel's back?
Don’t think Spurs will thrash us, they’re fairly toothless at the moment.

However, win, lose or draw Ole must still go.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
If Barca were smart they'd go for Ten Hag who's philosophically aligned with the club, if they're not and want to pull a United they'll hire Xavi
If they weren't so broke they had sacked Koeman a few weeks ago to say the least and would already have Ten Hag but rumors are that is going to be Xavi, which I'm not sure how it could turn. At least whoever is the next manager is going to have some leisure with results as long as he can improve performances to something that resembles Barcelona style and can secure a top 4 finish; which right now doesn't look as easy but it's also not an impossible or unrealistic task.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Spurs aren't as bad as people think.

They've lost to
Chelsea (fair enough, they're a better team)
West Ham (Lot's of momentum and a derby but also narrow loss)
Arsenal (Resurgent at the moment and playing well)
Palace (Didn't play well and went down to 10 men and collapsed)

Putting aside the Conference League games which they have as a lesser priority they've won all other games.

Kane will inevitably score and Son always seems to play well against us. It will be a tough games as teams that play us now will smell blood.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Barcelona after today's loss have 15 points in 10 league games. We have 14 in 9 games and a hammering by our biggest ever rivals.

Barcelona are meant to be broke and the club is in tatters. All you need to know about our standards as a 'football' club.

Hoof the ball

Barcelona after today's loss have 15 points in 10 league games. We have 14 in 9 games and a hammering by our biggest ever rivals.
Koeman is horrible and well, what Messi did last season with this team, especially from December to May, it should be recognised for being damn near the miracle it was.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Koeman is horrible and well, what Messi did last season with this team, especially from December to May, it should be recognised for being damn near the miracle it was.
Yet Koeman's gone but Ole's in a job with a squad that should be challenging for the CL and PL.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Ether you’re living in denial or you’re completely blind because of your loyalty. I prefer to think that Solskjaer’s nationality plays a big part in your assessment. The signs has been written of the wall since our loss against Villarreal. It’s not just the last four five games that has been horrendous.
Wait, what does this mean? Don't tell me Tom Cato is Norwegian? I should have fecking known. Been down this road before where foreigners militantly defend players and managers of the same nationality on here.

sparx99

Spurs aren't as bad as people think.

They've lost to
Chelsea (fair enough, they're a better team)
West Ham (Lot's of momentum and a derby but also narrow loss)
Arsenal (Resurgent at the moment and playing well)
Palace (Didn't play well and went down to 10 men and collapsed)

Putting aside the Conference League games which they have as a lesser priority they've won all other games.

Kane will inevitably score and Son always seems to play well against us. It will be a tough games as teams that play us now will smell blood.
My Spurs supporting mate thinks we’ll thrash them. He said this after the Liverpool game. That’s how poor he thinks they are!

Hoof the ball

Yet Koeman's gone but Ole's in a job with a squad that should be challenging for the CL and PL.
They might bring in Xavi, they might not, but even if they do I want to make one distinction. Xavi is a coach, Ole is not. Both have limited experience, but I'll put my reputation (whatever that is) on the line and state that Xavi will be an elite coach and take to management in the top leagues like a fish in water.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
If you don't want the club to be successful under Ole you're not actually a fan of the club
Bit of a pointless hypothetical. I mean, of course we’d all love the club to be successful under Ole. I’d also love it if we could win the treble with a team of players from the youth academy. I’d love if Nicky Butt could have played like peak Redondo in the second half of his career. Of if Rafael and Fabio were still our starting full-backs but better than Roberto Carlos and Cafu.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Is he? No fecking wonder, now it all makes sense.
This confirms it for me, just spotted it in another thread. This is the same poster who has been defending Ole to the hilt and he has the backbone to step in to the thread about our next manager and suggest replacing him with a manager from the Norwegian league or their national team coach :lol:

What an absolute WUM.

This thread lacks the option of Kjetil Knutsen. He fits the mold of a new up and coming manager perfectly
Ståle Solbakken

Let's keep it Norwegian please

Last edited:

Gazza

This confirms it for me, just spotted it in another thread. This is the same poster who has been defending Ole to the hilt and he has the backbone to step in and suggest replacing him with another manager from the Norwegian league :lol:
TBF he says himself in another thread the other day, he joined Redcafe because it was fun to see a Norwegian managing the club, so Tom's up front about it. I'm sure it's naturally difficult not to let bias creep in when it's such a big deal for a fellow countryman to be managing Man Utd.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
This confirms it for me, just spotted it in another thread. This is the same poster who has been defending Ole to the hilt and he has the backbone to step in to the thread about our next manager and suggest replacing him with two managers from the Norwegian league :lol:
No fecking wonder innit. Makes sense now. I said in another thread that Ole gets mad backing from some Norwegians. Thought Tom Cato was American, but now I understand why he is so obsessed with him.

hobbers

Leicester were wildly out of form when they played us and still wrecked us for the full 90 minutes.

Jackal981

No fecking wonder innit. Makes sense now. I said in another thread that Ole gets mad backing from some Norwegians. Thought Tom Cato was American, but now I understand why he is so obsessed with him.
The obsession is beyond creepy. Why the need to defend him at all cost even when he is your nationality. At least he can go back to support whatever team Ole manages next. (hint: will be some random norwegian team). If he insist to defend Ole at all cost then he should be ashamed because his countryman done such a shit job here.

Dr. StrangeHate

It's heartbreaking for Ole having to hear this shite from oppo fans.
He will be wiping his tears soon enough with a fat payoff. No need to feel sorry for him. He used to earn less than a million a year at Modle, he is likely going to be paid around 20 million payoff for being bad at his job.

Kaos

Leicester were wildly out of form when they played us and still wrecked us for the full 90 minutes.
Rodgers is a good coach though, and they have a good group of players. They always had it in them to punish us.

Spurs are genuinely shite though, and unless Harry Kane finally decides he's bothered then I don't see them hurting us like Leicester did. It'll be a race to lose the game from both sides.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Rodgers is a good coach though, and they have a good group of players. They always had it in them to punish us.

Spurs are genuinely shite though, and unless Harry Kane finally decides he's bothered then I don't see them hurting us like Leicester did. It'll be a race to lose the game from both sides.
I expect spurs to beat us comfortably, Our players have totally downed tools.

hobbers

It does depend on whether Kane turns up, but Nuno has always had Ole's number in our games vs Wolves.

It'll either be a very drab game decided by a deflected goal, or Spurs will do an Everton/Liverpool on us. If we go down a goal or two the floodgates will open.

Denis79

They won't trash us, with his job on the line he'll play 5 defenders and counter. We'll draw or win.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They won't trash us, with his job on the line he'll play 5 defenders and counter. We'll draw or win.
We should beat them. Our team is miles better, it isn't even particularly close. The whole 'next 3 games' is such a daft premise anyway. Ole has definitively proven that he isn't the man to take us to the top, a 3/5/game winning run won't change that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It does depend on whether Kane turns up, but Nuno has always had Ole's number in our games vs Wolves.

It'll either be a very drab game decided by a deflected goal, or Spurs will do an Everton/Liverpool on us. If we go down a goal or two the floodgates will open.
I doubt Kane whose looked rubbish so far his suddenly going to play at his best level. He wasn't even good at the Euros apart from getting a few goals at the end so it's been happening for awhile.

Denis79

We should beat them. Our team is miles better, it isn't even particularly close. The whole 'next 3 games' is such a daft premise anyway. Ole has definitively proven that he isn't the man to take us to the top, a 3/5/game winning run won't change that.
Agree completely. Ole is done here even if he wins the next three matches, we will hit the standard Ole mud-run sooner or later again and that will be the end of his time here.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I respect your resolve guys.

If he’s any chance of turning this around he needs to revert to counterattack, play the best players to suit that system and the players who will put a shift in for him.

If he makes it to January beg the club to go in for the best DM we can get in January to sure up that midfield. Take it from there.

That would be my plan if I’m Ole right now. As well as scripting the best speech of any manager since Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday to try and get these players to not completely down tools on him.
Ole has no chances left and our board is clueless to give him any more time. I will be very surprised if we win with Spurs but given they are trash themselves maybe. However, after that we are 100% losing to Atalanta away, getting trashed by Citi, Villarreal away and Chelsea.

So from the next 7 games we have slight chances in 2 (Spurs and Watford) and losing at least 5. Could also easily lose all 7.

Ole is not making January

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Our team is miles better than that of Young Boys too, tbf. Anything could happen. But knowing us, whatever happens will just perpetuate our cycle of false hope and misery post-SAF.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I respect your resolve guys.

If he’s any chance of turning this around he needs to revert to counterattack, play the best players to suit that system and the players who will put a shift in for him.

If he makes it to January beg the club to go in for the best DM we can get in January to sure up that midfield. Take it from there.

That would be my plan if I’m Ole right now. As well as scripting the best speech of any manager since Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday to try and get these players to not completely down tools on him.
The fans won't be able to make it to January if Ole does.

Status
Not open for further replies.