Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip to my Lou

It would be one thing if we were playing ok:ish football. One-of-those-days losses while still playing good, but the ball just won't find the net.

But it's not, it's life sucking, no joy and no entertainment football for a pretty long period of time now.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the board does not see this. It's depressing and amateurish to be honest.

I just want to go back to looking forward to a United game, feeling that buzz again. But it's not gonna happen anytime soon is it?

Eplel

We need to throw 25 million a year to Ten Hag, and we need to do it now. Fair enough if he declines, but for the love of god i don't wanna hear any "we haven't approached him because we're not sure he wants to join" crap.

el3mel

I can't believe this.. This is beyond tragedy now. What the feck does he have to do to get sacked?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You’re either all in with Conte if you’re not. No point getting him to follow with ten Haag or potter. That’s not forward planning at all. They are 2 different philosophies entirely. That’s why the club structure is important, there needs to be a blue print that is followed
Well, you are getting none now. The season is collapsing like anything with no plan of action and yet, board is doing nothing.

It's all good to take a morale stand and say we don't want Conte but then you should be having a plan B , if you don't go that route. None of the managers are available now is not a reason not to sack him now.

AussieDevil

When can we expect this to happen? If happen at all?

It’s midnight here in Australia and I don’t want to wake to Ole still being in charge

Corridor of Uncertainty

If it's any consolation, at least he'll be virtually sacked a thousand times over once Football Manager 2022 is released tomorrow and we all jump on to take over United.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We had more shots on target against our own goal than against the other team in a derby.

Let that sink in.

Ole at the fecking wheel.

Worse than the Liverpool game

Sick of him

Where is that plane they usually fly over Old Trafford with banners? They have to fly an Ole out one at every match.

Rolaholic

They took it easy on us and still embarrassed us, Klopp said something similar after the 5-0 yet we're somehow supposed to be a serious club with serious ambitions

leontas

This is so painfully infuriating. It was obvious to everyone that we should have acted decisively after the Liverpool defeat and brought in Conte. But we kept fiddling our thumbs and now, of course, there are no real alternatives. I've had it with Ed and his board of cronies. They're reaching new levels of incompetence that I wasn't aware were possible.

Highfather_24

I disagree, I think Conte is a lot closer to Ten Hag and Potter than Ole is.
Exactly. Conte would get the best out of this squad for the next 18months, win things with Ronaldo and Cavani, and set the tactical and coaching standards. Then easily someone like Enrique, Ten Hag or Potter can take over. This is how top clubs are run.

laughtersassassin

Guess what you do if Rodgers fails???

You sack him :)

It’s not a dilemma at all.
Exactly. Managerial appointments are simple.

Hire the best manager who wants to join.

If they fail you sack them as soon as it's clear its not going to work.

Then hire the next best available manager.

Rinse and repeat until it works out

If that means you have 3 managers in 2 seasons then so be it. Our method of giving managers time for the sake of it is a terrible idea.

Managers must earn time not be given it out of false hope.

Suv666

How is he not sacked yet. I'm genuinely gobsmacked. I love Ole but these two games against City and Liverpool are the worst I've seen in my lifetime. The club has lost touch with reality.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Exactly. Conte would get the best out of this squad for the next 18months, win things with Ronaldo and Cavani, and set the tactical and coaching standards. Then easily someone like Enrique, Ten Hag or Potter can take over. This is how top clubs are run.
Agree mate. Taking morale stand is all we do now. How the feck did we let Conte goto Spurs, I have no idea.

Highfather_24

I have a feeling if we get Rodgers, we keep him for too long and miss out on all the big managers like Ten Hag, Enrique etc when Klopp and Guardiola eventually leave in 2023. He's a bottler, he's obviously not gonna win anything. Even his football I think is boring.

Betson

I assume if they don't move now during the international break then he is here for the season at least regardless of results and league position.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Guess what you do if Rodgers fails???

You sack him :)

It’s not a dilemma at all.
It is a dilemma because we do everything so fecking slowly at this club that it would be another 3 years written off with a coach whose teams tend to drop off anyway, and who has a terrible European record to boot.

No one wants to look at Rodgers for 2-3 years minimum.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
After yesterdays game I’m convinced 100% Ole has lost the dressing room. At this level players don’t go out there and not play, but where was the intensity? Where was the passion? Under Ferguson we would have hit City at 100mph from the starting whistle. Under Ole they just sauntered around the pitch.

Our performances will not get bettered under Ole as the players smell blood.

Mainoldo

It is a dilemma because we do everything so fecking slowly at this club that it would be another 3 years written off with a coach whose teams tend to drop off anyway, and who has a terrible European record to boot.

No one wants to look at Rodgers for 2-3 years minimum.
It might be.. but that’s where the fans come out of 1989 and start demanding improved standards. Moyes although sacked too late lasted 3/4 of a season. They are slow but it’s not a rule that we give every manager 3 years to just f up. It worked this time because fans decided to not use their brain and it was easy manipulation. You can’t manipulate the fans with an ex Liverpool manager.

If it doesn’t work he will be gone quick.

All hypotheticals as no one knows who the next manager will be yet.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is why I never wanted a ex-player managing us. We all saw how long it took to sack Jose, knew it would take a lot more to sack an ex-player. He will have people in the background fighting for him, I can see the likes of SAF and maybe even Murtough defending Ole to get more time, while Woodward is a coward who doesn't want to take any responsibility. Then it all gets left up to the Glazers who have no clue what football is and are miles away in the States not watching the games.

By the time Ole is sacked top 4 will be a real challenge and will lead to players like Ronaldo leaving and forcing us into a rebuild again. If it's someone like Rodgers then we're truly screwed for next 5 years.

Pronewbie

Peep
Would love to know what Conte's demands were for us to reject him. Surely he would have salvaged our season with minimal backing in the January transfer window. The longer we stick with Ole the greater the unrest within the club (fanbase, players, coaches, executives, suits etc.). This is just bonkers.

Flytan

Would love to know what Conte's demands were for us to reject him. Surely he would have salvaged our season with minimal backing in the January transfer window. The longer we stick with Ole the greater the unrest within the club (fanbase, players, coaches, executives, suits etc.). This is just bonkers.
It's been leaked for weeks, the board didn't like his personality. They felt he was able to be "controlled" like Ole is (paraphrasing).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well, you are getting none now. The season is collapsing like anything with no plan of action and yet, board is doing nothing.

It's all good to take a morale stand and say we don't want Conte but then you should be having a plan B , if you don't go that route. None of the managers are available now is not a reason not to sack him now.
I agree we should do it and get a caretaker if necessary until our target is available

the_cliff

Apparently we didn't even approach him, we thought he was too confrontational.

NewYorkRed

This excuse of “we didn’t see this coming so we don’t know what to do now” is absurd. Gary looked like a fool saying it on TV.

You run one of the biggest businesses in the world, and you weren’t prepared for a worst case scenario? Yikesss.

Red Star One

But that’s not down to the forum, it’s down to most of the posters not liking his time here. We see the same now with ole. We saw the same with Lvg. Unless a manager I’d come timidly successful or showing progress they will lose the fans completely
Genuinely curious, was over the top criticism of a manger a bannable offense also at times of Jose and LVG? Were there bans on certain words used to describe them and their managerial ability? Don’t take it as me accusing anyone of impartiality, I just don’t remember that, people were calling Jose the worst names and it seemed quite acceptable whereas now, with an inferior manager in charge, I think it’s not really welcome.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Genuinely curious, was over the top criticism of a manger a bannable offense also at times of Jose and LVG? Were there bans on certain words used to describe them and their managerial ability? Don’t take it as me accusing anyone of impartiality, I just don’t remember that, people were calling Jose the worst names and it seemed quite acceptable whereas now, with an inferior manager in charge, I think it’s not really welcome.
In my opinion people are throwing more insults and wild nonsense around now than before. That’s just my personal observation. I could be wrong but it seems more toxic now amongst online fans at least

I think the expectations from last season snd adding 3 top players has increased expectations causing complete break down of fans

Robbie Boy

After yesterdays game I’m convinced 100% Ole has lost the dressing room. At this level players don’t go out there and not play, but where was the intensity? Where was the passion? Under Ferguson we would have hit City at 100mph from the starting whistle. Under Ole they just sauntered around the pitch.

Our performances will not get bettered under Ole as the players smell blood.
I think he has well and truly lost the dressing room. Thing is, some seem to think that losing the dressing room implies a total toxic shit fest, like Jose's final weeks. But the reality is that it's often far more subtle than that, and our performances/lack of application is totally damning. Just to clarify, it doesn't mean anyone dislikes him, it just means they have lost faith in his managerial abilities.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This excuse of “we didn’t see this coming so we don’t know what to do now” is absurd. Gary looked like a fool saying it on TV.

You run one of the biggest businesses in the world, and you weren’t prepared for a worst case scenario? Yikesss.
Exactly.You would expect such a huge company to have a contingency plan for every possibility. I mean, God forbid, but if Ole was involved in a car crash and was in traction for six months what would they do? Go managerless until he returned? Wheel his hospital bed into the dugout? Surely these kind of scenarios are considered and an emergency plan created?

Status
Not open for further replies.