Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

In my opinion people are throwing more insults and wild nonsense around now than before. That’s just my personal observation. I could be wrong but it seems more toxic now amongst online fans at least

I think the expectations from last season snd adding 3 top players has increased expectations causing complete break down of fans
That's not true. Mourinho was routinely and regularly called "cnut" and "twat" here and I saw no one getting warned for it. Meanwhile the most Ole has been called here is fraud or PE teacher.

Dookingham United

It can be hard to remember back with clarity so I've been keeping a record for the season.
It makes for extremely depressing reading but really shows how out of depth the coaching staff are.

Utd 5-1 Leeds Pl xG - 1.64-0.57
Great start and hopes/expectations are a title challenge.

Southampton 1-1 Utd Pl xG - 0.59-2.26
Bubble burst. Here they were a pale shadow of last week as Saints earned their point and even threatened to grab the victory.

Wolves 0-1 Utd Pl xG - 1.80-0.94
Wolves could have been 3-0 up inside 15 minutes. DDG outstanding.

Utd 4-1 Newcastle Pl xG - 2.77-0.62
Viva Ronaldo! 2 goals. Scoreline harsh. Newcastle good for long periods.

Young Boys 2-1 Utd UCL xG - 1.38-0.56
Young Boys had 19 shots in the entire game- United had just two shots, both to Cristiano Ronaldo.

West Ham 1-2 Utd Pl xG - 1.67-1.90
DDG pen saved at 95th min. Not convincing.

Utd 0-1 West Ham CC xG -
9th min goal. 27 shots for us. Thrown in rusty fringe players. Replaced them at half time for big guns.

Utd 0-1 Aston Villa Pl xG - 1.93-1.57
A bitterly frustrating game. 28 shots. Missed Pen. Didn't deserve anything.

Utd 2-1 Villarreal UCL xG - 1.23-2.72
United started brightly, Villarreal took charge, DDG vital saves, Telles worldie, Ronaldo extra time winner.

Utd 1-1 Everton Pl xG - 1.05-1.32
For the opening 10 minutes against Everton, they retained the speed and fluidity so often lacking. And then it drifted away.

Leicester 4-2 Utd Pl xG - 2.97-1.02
At one stage threatened to steal a point from a dreadful performance. Worldie and long ball over top for us.

Utd 3-2 Atalanta UCL xG - 3.06-1.63
2-0 down and booed off at break. Horrific first half performance.

Utd 0-5 Liverpool Pl xG - 1.36-4.05
The most humiliating defeat in decades. Liverpool eased off at 50mins to save legs for season.

Tottenham 0-3 Utd Pl xG - 1.16-1.39
We played better and had a good game. Spurs manager was under pressure before and sacked after this game.

Atalanta 2-2 Utd UCL xG - 1.38-0.93
Last gasp unbelievable shot from Ronaldo rescued us after he scored earlier. Atalanta dominated.

Utd 0-2 Man City PL xG - 0.76-2.04
Worse that Liverpool's battering. We went out with a white flag and City toyed with us.

Reactions: Sultan

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think he has well and truly lost the dressing room. Thing is, some seem to think that losing the dressing room implies a total toxic shit fest, like Jose's final weeks. But the reality is that it's often far more subtle than that, and our performances/lack of application is totally damning. Just to clarify, it doesn't mean anyone dislikes him, it just means they have lost faith in his managerial abilities.
Totally agree mate. A nice guy, but do the very least they can on the pitch until he goes.

el3mel

Since when P E teacher here become automatically edited to Ole Ole Ole I love you? :lol: This is ridiculous.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This excuse of “we didn’t see this coming so we don’t know what to do now” is absurd. Gary looked like a fool saying it on TV.

You run one of the biggest businesses in the world, and you weren’t prepared for a worst case scenario? Yikesss.
That's how it is at United. Absolutely shit show in how poorly we are run. Not at all surprised that this has caught us off guard. We are usually late in realizing what others already know.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That's not true. Mourinho was routinely and regularly called "cnut" and "twat" here and I saw no one getting warned for it. Meanwhile the most Ole has been called here is fraud or Ole Ole Ole I love you.
That’s not true, open your eyes.

Castia

Not getting the sack it seems. Surely there would be stories about him going before now.

Red Star One

In my opinion people are throwing more insults and wild nonsense around now than before. That’s just my personal observation. I could be wrong but it seems more toxic now amongst online fans at least

I think the expectations from last season snd adding 3 top players has increased expectations causing complete break down of fans
You could say it’s down to most of the fans being absolutely disgusted by how Ole treats the players and downplays the status of the club. Not sure if the criticism is worse than under darkest Mourinho days, but it surely didn’t start this season - teacher “slurs” were thrown around way before, when we played like shit even if somehow managed to grind out okayish results. Fans are frustrated that we went for a completely incompetent manager, wasted three years and almost half a billion pound. I understand and share that frustration, since OGS was the only post-SAF manager to be backed so much and the only one seemingly untouchable. No one likes favoritism.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Not getting the sack it seems. Surely there would be stories about him going before now.
It's too quiet for that to be the case. There's no reliable stories out saying "we're backing the manager, we're backing the manager, we're backing manager".

He's gone within 24h.

Sviken

They have to have there meeting first. He’s getting sacked. Just probably not today.
There were murmurs of emergency meetings and Conte links after that trouncing by Liverpool. Now there is nothing. Business as usual.

Flytan

That's not true. Mourinho was routinely and regularly called "cnut" and "twat" here and I saw no one getting warned for it. Meanwhile the most Ole has been called here is fraud or Ole Ole Ole I love you.
Yup the only reason people think it's more toxic now is because everyone has a soft spot for ole. The vitriol towards mourinho and at times pogba was worse than anything ole has gotten here

Houdini

We need a mercy shot before people start to hate Ole. The damage is irreversible.

Robbie Boy

That’s not true, open your eyes.
For me, LvG and Jose got far more 'abuse'. With Ole, it seems like most are just resigned to us being erratic and miles off the top teams, for as long as he stays. Obviously the Liverpool and City matches have provoked some extreme reactions. My issues lie with the Board, who are letting this shit-show roll on, and on.

Red Star One

Yup the only reason people think it's more toxic now is because everyone has a soft spot for ole. The vitriol towards mourinho and at times pogba was worse than anything ole has gotten here
The way Pogba was and still is treated here by some of the posters is truly disgraceful indeed and much worse than anything I saw on the forum, at times I have a hard time thinking it’s purely sportive reasons.

Mainoldo

There were murmurs of emergency meetings and Conte links after that trouncing by Liverpool. Now there is nothing. Business as usual.
How many times do you want them to say emergency meeting. Chill out. That last meeting was he stays for now and they will monitor results.

In that time we managed to beat a team into sacking their manager. Fluke a draw in Europe and get schooled by our City rivals. Be assured as much as they would like all this to go away. They have to deal with the issue.

Ixion

I find it hard to believe we only want a British manager, I mean it doesn't really make any difference in this day and age.

Red Star One

We need a mercy shot before people start to hate Ole. The damage is irreversible.
It’s too late mate. He already delivered some of the worst embarrassments in decades.
A week old, but relevant

Alright, so now it’s not about a football project, managerial skills or how the new manager would work with our group of people, but rather nationality. Oh my, what happened to my club

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How many times do you want them to say emergency meeting. Chill out. That last meeting was he stays for now and they will monitor results.

In that time we managed to beat a team into sacking their manager. Fluke a draw in Europe and get schooled by our City rivals. Be assured as much as they would like all this to go away. They have to deal with the issue.
Just can't see them sacking him. Luckhurst even said Solskjaer expects to be in charge against Watford. Sentimentality rules our club.

Houdini

It’s too late mate. He already delivered some of the worst embarrassments in decades.
Alright, so now it’s not about a football project, managerial skills or how the new manager would work with our group of people, but rather nationality. Oh my, what happened to my club
We had a Scot because Ferguson is Scot too so it has to work right? Right?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Leicester have shit the bed in the league at the business end of the season back to back seasons
That is true, and losing out on the top four on the final day of the season isn't a great look, but it could (and probably should) be argued that the fact that they were there in the first place is a huge achievement considering who they're up against.

siw2007

I’m pretty sure Ole is surviving to Watford game, which is bonkers in a sense. However, I would wait until Monday, I don’t think this club particularly makes big decisions on weekends, I don’t think we’ve sacked any of our managers on weekends even though the writing was on the wall for a few days after a weekend result.

Sviken

To them a draw against Atalanta and a win over dead Tottenham might be considered massive results. I don't know why you're so confident. The standards of this board set in regards to the managers have been abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.