Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

Gosh, I wish in his farewell speech to the OT crowd, Ferguson had said, "Demand the same standards from a United manager as I have demanded from myself and my players in my time at United."

That would have made most of the fanbase intolerant of the absolute sh*te the Glazers and Neville and the Top Reds have forced down our throats the past decade.
He knows very well that good things take time. So imo his farewell speech did make sense.

That said, not every appointment, managers, trainers and players will work out like intended. In Ole’s case I think he should be let go now. I can’t see him turning it around.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Ole was a game away from being sacked last year but then went on an incredible run, beating Arsenal's away record in the process. He does deserve enormous credit for that to be fair. I think the board expect him to pull off a similar miracle this year which is why they're dithering, but it's not going to happen this time as he's lost the dressing room (and lost confidence in himself).
I agree with all this. A lot is made about the pointlessness of ‘vibes’ as a manager. But it’s clearly pretty valuable as this seems to be what propelled us with Ole on a great run, Did also coincide with a Bruno in the form of his life. Trouble with that though, is these won’t last forever and that’s where organisation and tactical astuteness are imperative. It’s plain horrific how we look now that the ‘vibes’ are gone. I still think board should have seen enough during the bad periods to go for Poch when he was available and like many others said we could regret that massively at some point. Was the board level version of missing an open goal.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Feel like apathy has set in. A lot of people will stop bothering with us while the younger generation will gravitate towards City/Chelsea. Glazers seem to have actually gotten me to the point of not bothering what happens with United.
They will ride this out from the looks of it, while showing the fans the finger. Ole smirking thinking what gullible idiots we are to even think he would be let go irrespective of how bad we are.

Only hope now is for the players to tell him to feck off and stop trying. Hope all the fans in the stadium show them the same leniency that they show Ole.
Our only hope is that Ronaldo forces him out, could well be the most important thing Ronaldo ever does for the club.

He knows very well that good things take time. So imo his farewell speech did make sense.

That said, not every appointment, managers, trainers and players will work out like intended. In Ole’s case I think he should be let go now. I can’t see him turning it around.
Well many of us argued all along that the lack of any apparent tactical plan was going to kill us in the long run, and were continually told “it took Klopp 3 years, it took Fergie 6… blah blah blah”.
The difference with Klopp and Fergie though was always their prior record, and certainly in the case of Klopp, you could see in those first full seasons that he was slowly turning them into a Klopp side, it started to seem like a matter of time before he had them in his image. Fergie didn’t have the equivalent of 400m in 3 years to spend on his squad.
Those things can require time, and a prior successful CV should be prerequisite number one if you’re going down that route.

Giving time to any random manager, and pretending performances and patterns of play mean nothing because he improved his points total from 66 to 66, to 74 is the stupid part here. Give any manager 400m quid and he’ll likely improve a little on points. The judgement though should always have been what he was showing he could transfer from the training ground to matchday.

United Hobbit

I am sure anybody with sane mind would not take a break in the middle of a club crisis. It is like your CEO taking a paid vacation when the company is crashing to the ground and facing bankruptcy. Any manager with an ounce of competence will spend this 2 weeks fixing the club problem. And stop smiling for feck sake, he keeps smiling like an idiot after we got battered. Does he think he is some kind of model for toothpaste ads
Exactly you'd be working your backside off trying to fix the mess you'd created. Like I say, if we were actually competent he'd be on a permanent holiday instead.... Its almost an admission he doesn't know how to fix it so there's no point staying to "try" to do so

Re the smiling, I know he's one of those always happy go lucky types, but I'd be grinning like a Cheshire cat of despite being clearly out of my depth with massive underperformance, earning millions in my dream job the board continues to back me to the hilt. I wouldn't believe my luck!

Gordon Godot

How can they 'try' to give him the opportunity? Either they are or they aren't.
There is no plan, they are clueless. Desparately sitting on their hands and praying. Just like when Mou sent out McTominay at centre back to show two fingers to the board for not backign him. Yet Woodward was too clueless to see what he is doing. The depth of the surrender against City is something that Woodward and the Glazers do not grasp. Ole is gone, he is an ex-manager. Only question when they choose to realise it. His mismanagement of VDB, Sancho etc is the
Well many of us argued all along that the lack of any apparent tactical plan was going to kill us in the long run, and were continually told “it took Klopp 3 years, it took Fergie 6… blah blah blah”.
The difference with Klopp and Fergie though was always their prior record, and certainly in the case of Klopp, you could see in those first full seasons that he was slowly turning them into a Klopp side, it started to seem like a matter of time before he had them in his image. Fergie didn’t have the equivalent of 400m in 3 years to spend on his squad.
Those things can require time, and a prior successful CV should be prerequisite number one if you’re going down that route.

Giving time to any random manager, and pretending performances and patterns of play mean nothing because he improved his points total from 66 to 66, to 74 is the stupid part here. Give any manager 400m quid and he’ll likely improve a little on points. The judgement though should always have been what he was showing he could transfer from the training ground to matchday.
The comments from Michael Owen the other day were spot on. Klopp had a clear vision of how he wanted the team to play. That was evident early on and also there were weak links. These were addressed and he is now where he is. Ole has no vision at all, no idea of how to play other than a pale imitiation of Fergie where you chuck some good players on the pitch and tell them to get stuck in. It is so abysmal, yet fans continue to clap him. Why? You dont need to boo him but you should boo the rubbish on teh pitch and direct your anger at the Glazers and Woodward. Woodward is 100% the problem here, a muppett with no concept of running a football club. We need a complete reset, but the board are coverign their asses so dont want to be called out

NK86

Our only hope is that Ronaldo forces him out, could well be the most important thing Ronaldo ever does for the club.
Lose by more than a goal margin to Villareal and Ronaldo would know we can yet again be playing Thursday nights. Imagine seeing Ronaldo in the Europa League. You have to laugh to avoid crying.

Jackal981

Exactly you'd be working your backside off trying to fix the mess you'd created. Like I say, if we were actually competent he'd be on a permanent holiday instead.... Its almost an admission he doesn't know how to fix it so there's no point staying to "try" to do so

Re the smiling, I know he's one of those always happy go lucky types, but I'd be grinning like a Cheshire cat of despite being clearly out of my depth with massive underperformance, earning millions in my dream job the board continues to back me to the hilt. I wouldn't believe my luck!
He could have a career with Colgate or Listerine after his stint here. Seriously though, I dont think he is going to be sacked anytime soon unless Watford beat us (which is unlikey even though we are so bad). We are stuck with him like someone who is stuck with an abusive partner.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I know he’s a club legend as a player and all. But I can’t stop that video, someone posted in this thread of him taking training with Molde, playing in my mind. Where he’s walking around with an adopted sense of gravitas and saying roughly as I recall it ‘when you’re around the box…. SHOOT…. You’re never gonna score a goal if you don’t… SHOOT…. The aim of football…. Is to score goals…. You won’t score a goal… if you don’t… SHOOT!’.

it’s tormenting me imagining this level of sophisticated tactical know how being delivered at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. For the love of God please just fecking sack him…out of a sense of mercy for all involved. At least leak it that he’s definitely going. Have they no compassion?!
The number of players who take wild shots at goal I'd say he is coaching in the same way here.

Loon

:lol:
Is there some kind of rumour something is happening today? Two people I know (who know now't) have said "I heard..."

laughtersassassin

Is there some kind of rumour something is happening today? Two people I know (who know now't) have said "I heard..."
Haven't heard anything but I hope so.

Can't believe they are in holidays and not training now. It's all very strange

Revaulx

It’s a ridiculous notion. What I would say though is that Fergie recommended Ole and Phelan, and is pushing like hell to keep them, because he would love it that little bit more if it was his apprentices that did it.
That would no doubt be the same story for 99.9% of us in fairness.
I’m in the 0.01% that’s really not bothered who brings us success as long as they succeed. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t have been delighted if that had been Ole.

While I have no doubt you’re right about Fergie, it needs to be borne in mind that he (apparently) played a big part in persuading Ronaldo to return. I refuse to believe he’s happy to back Ole unconditionally at the cost of spoiling the final years of one of his most beloved players.

Edit: or even 0.1% :)

DomesticTadpole

They are on holiday because most of his favourites are away on international duty, so why would he work on things with the rest.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Let’s put this in context; the people that have direct input into tactics, picking players - ole, McKenna, carrick, phelan

clegg - strength & conditioning. How did he relegate Sunderland? What other experience is he meant to have?

Binningsley - physiotherapist. How did he relegate Sunderland?

Dempsey - developmental coach for the Academy.

Richard Hawkins - in charge of United’s physiology testing lab.

Andrew Meredith - analysis operations manager

I could go on. These people are background support, who feed the management info. It’s up them what they do with it

the post is just bollox. Out of context

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
This thread peaked when someone commented on the picture of Ole leaving the country.

Well he's smiling, so something terrible must have happened :lol: :lol: :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Looking forward to watching a few international to forget about OGS. Trouble is you then look at our players and wonder why they don't play like that for us. We all know the answer.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
There is no plan, they are clueless. Desparately sitting on their hands and praying. Just like when Mou sent out McTominay at centre back to show two fingers to the board for not backign him. Yet Woodward was too clueless to see what he is doing. The depth of the surrender against City is something that Woodward and the Glazers do not grasp. Ole is gone, he is an ex-manager. Only question when they choose to realise it. His mismanagement of VDB, Sancho etc is the

The comments from Michael Owen the other day were spot on. Klopp had a clear vision of how he wanted the team to play. That was evident early on and also there were weak links. These were addressed and he is now where he is. Ole has no vision at all, no idea of how to play other than a pale imitiation of Fergie where you chuck some good players on the pitch and tell them to get stuck in. It is so abysmal, yet fans continue to clap him. Why? You dont need to boo him but you should boo the rubbish on teh pitch and direct your anger at the Glazers and Woodward. Woodward is 100% the problem here, a muppett with no concept of running a football club. We need a complete reset, but the board are coverign their asses so dont want to be called out
Great post. Agree with all of that. I honestly think Woodward, even after 8 years of running a football club, could watch the City games and not be able to tell how bad it was. There are some people like that, who just never understand the game, but how has he stayed running United? Has he not also noticed how unanimous it is, across the whole media, that OGS is way out of his depth?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Should we give up?
They won't sack Ole until a) it becomes clear beyond any doubt that he won't reach top four - and or b) a new manager becomes available who has a significantly higher chance of reaching top four. Nothing will change until either of those scenarios come into effect. It was the same for Moyes, LVG and Jose.

But that's just my opinion. I could be miles off of course.

laughtersassassin

They won't sack Ole until a) it becomes clear beyond any doubt that he won't reach top four - and or b) a new manager becomes available who has a significantly higher chance of reaching top four. Nothing will change until either of those scenarios come into effect. It was the same for Moyes, LVG and Jose.

While maybe true it's madness because all our best players will want to leave if we do that

DomesticTadpole

Think that is exactly the idea. I just find it an awful attitude. Other managers have not been given this chance, but they are so desperate for Ole to succeed they will sacrifice the season in the hope he turns it round. He has to have every player performing to their best to do that. Is it a false economy on the clubs part? Save on a full payout to Ole, but then risk losing CL money for next season and as has been said lose our best players without the attraction of CL to get replacements.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
While maybe true it's madness because all our best players will want to leave if we do that
Think that is exactly the idea. I just find it an awful attitude. Other managers have not been given this chance, but they are so desperate for Ole to succeed they will sacrifice the season in the hope he turns it round. He has to have every player performing to their best to do that. Is it a false economy on the clubs part? Save on a full payout to Ole, but then risk losing CL money for next season and as has been said lose our best players without the attraction of CL to get replacements.
I'm with you lads. The lack of ambition from our board is frankly shocking for a club of our size and stature. It really is.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I bet Joel Glazer thought signing Ronaldo is equivalent to signing a legendary quarterback for Tampa Bay. Worked in american football, surely it'll work in real football.

The two sports are practically the same, right.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Go and bring a contracted manager, its not like it never happened before, call Ajax and offer them money to break the contract, not that the leeches (owners) are interested in doing so.
In an ideal world yes, but i honestly think Ten Haag amongst others have too much integrity to leave their respective clubs in the middle of the season, just like that.

Hopefully our useless board is working behind the scenes to get his signature though

Kopral Jono

When I see tweets like this I can't help but wonder the sheer depth of the rift within our fanbase. On one hand you have fans like him who will defend Ole to the hilt, bordering on delusion, and on the other you have those calling him all sorts of names.

We're a broken club.

RUCK4444

I'm sure he does but seriously not bothered how many defeats we suffer whilst he is the manager because I know in my heart he should have been booted out the club after the scouse hiding and can't stomach any more positive results under him. Yes I know top reds what a complete plastic arsehole I am and should feck off and support one of our rivals vut the feelings just aren't there.
I wouldn't call you a plastic fan for not enjoying positive results, because ultimately they are tainted by the fact we now know we need a better manager to take us forward.

I think wilfully wishing us to lose is still poor form from any fan though, that's just my opinion. But results like Liverpool and City are next level shithousery for supporters to be put through.

HailtotheKing

Anyone else think this stuff about Rogers is another piece of spin? They can say we want Rogers, knowing that it will divide the supporters over hiring an ex Liverpool coach and then hide behind doing it quickly on the basis that they know they need to convince fans. I personally wouldn’t mind Rogers as much as some. He plays good football and has a clear plan. Was a slip away from the league trophy, so not sure if it’s fair to call him a choker. And he’s proven in the league. Won a cup with Leicester. Is he any worse or better than Poch? But I still feel it’s another smokescreen to buy them more time and justify their doing nothing, all the while hoping to ride out the storm. Then it will be all talk of Watford and Villarreal. And if we beat Watford we move on. Oles turned a corner bollocks. If we lose against VR then Chelsea then they may have to act. But till then, spin, spin, spin. Anyone else feel the same way or do you think the interest in Rogers is genuine?

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

When I see tweets like this I can't help but wonder the sheer depth of the rift within our fanbase. On one hand you have fans like him who will defend Ole to the hilt, bordering on delusion, and on the other you have those calling him all sorts of names.

We're a broken club.
Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.