Ole signs new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG3001

We finished above 2 of those last year, so they can be as happy as they like.
Not being funny, but unless it’s 1st, I doubt they care about finishing below Utd.

A lot of people say this is the make or break season, but let’s be realistic, if we secure top 4 and another cup run, he’ll end up staying on now. It’ll be Wenger & Arsenal all over again. Hope to be proven wrong, expect to be disappointed.

AFC NimbleThumb

A trophy would be a bonus at this point
We don't need to win anything yet,
we still need some more quality and experience.
We got greate players for the future, but we still need Ole to build and strong foundation before we make a rush for the trophies. We dont want to win a trophy now and then, we need to build a team that are able to win anything and everything. The United way, the right way!
Feck me, the standards are in the basement at this point.

wise_old_man

Good stuff. He was one penalty save away from silverware. Let's hope we kick on this season.
To be fair, he brought this on himself when literally the whole CAF knew De Gea was unreliable for a penalty shootout. And Ole still had one substitution to bring on Henderson for the shootout but refused to do it for whatever reason.

And I was not even gonna dig into how Ole had us play aiming for the penalty shootout against a fairly mediocre Villarreal.

KingCavani

Woodward has done nothing but hand out abysmal contracts since he got here from Rooney to De Gea. This is yet another but as always our fans eat it up at the time.

Absolute debacle. He has proven absolutely nothing.

croadyman

Glad he’s signed, but interesting timing for a new contract. I thought we would see how he fares this season with a squad capable of challenging, assuming we get a couple more decent transfers over the line. This season will be a big test for him (not necessarily his first real test though :))
Yeah still need Varane and either a DLP like Neves or DM like Rice/Ndidi/Bissouma

Siorac

There really wasn't any need to hurry but what is done is done.

We seem to be in better shape off the pitch these days overall though. So it's time to actually show some significant improvement on the pitch as well.

Fiocca

I only lurk on here and never post but I feel I have to.

Have people forgotten the state the club was in just a couple of years ago? Transfers that didn't fit, managers with massive egos making the environment toxic, players being rubbished in public destroying confidence in the team, games where it felt like losing was expected and winning wasn't.

Ole has steadied the ship, the players love him, he's making good young signings, the whole club setup has been bettered and now when I watch a game I start to get those old feelings of expecting to win, not as much yet but it's definitely better.

People moaning about him seem to have forgotten the last 8 years...

Reactions: Penna

Nogbadthebad

I don't think it matters what you think about Ole himself, this is a good thing.

Stability is key to winning for clubs that cannot spend like city do.

Also, Ole seems able to attract top players to the club, knowing he's got the club backing him, rather than constant talk about replacements is good for the team too.

mu4c_20le

Read my post again and the post I was replying to. You’ll figure out what was meant.
I know what you meant, and it doesn't make sense. He already earned the contract. Giving him another objective for this season is just silly.

James_42

If we don't win a major trophy, and the team doesn't seriously challenge for the title, he should be sacked.

Think him not having a deal lined up would have forced him to up his game.

Wish we waited a bit before giving him a new deal.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
A trophy would be a bonus at this point
We don't need to win anything yet, we still need some more quality and experience.
We got greate players for the future, but we still need Ole to build and strong foundation before we make a rush for the trophies. We dont want to win a trophy now and then, we need to build a team that are able to win anything and everything. The United way, the right way!
Damn, with Solskjaer our standards are dropping down season by season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Have people forgotten the state the club was in just a couple of years ago? Transfers that didn't fit, managers with massive egos making the environment toxic, players being rubbished in public destroying confidence in the team, games where it felt like losing was expected and winning wasn't.

Ole has steadied the ship, the players love him, he's making good young signings, the whole club setup has been bettered and now when I watch a game I start to get those old feelings of expecting to win, not as much yet but it's definitely better.

Well said. Squad building, establishing a culture, man management, dealing with the media, trusting in youth and home grown talent, team over individuals and making the right signings to fit the club are all things we just took for granted and thought were basics under SAF - it turns out it isn’t something everyone can do. We were the most incompetent club relative to our resources around, banter FC before Ole came and if people can’t see the clear progress to what we are now then feck them.

Womp

idiot
It was inevitable, but if he doesn't win a trophy, we need to start looking elsewhere. He has been backed and he's had years to implement a winning style. This season is huge for him.

El Zoido

It’s amazing how quickly we forget. I legitimately believe Mourinho would have put us in the championship, it was that bad. We had Darmian and Fellaini lining up for us, Pogba and Martial wanted to leave, Lukaku up top stinking up the place. Defensive lineup of Jones, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, depending on who was fit that week. Zombie football. People don’t remember how bad we were. If it wasn’t for De Gea pulling off miracles every week, it would have been even worse.

Von Mistelroum

I dunno how to feel. We’re Manchester United and I can’t help but think that we should be seriously challenging for the title and winning a cup or two given our resources. If we’d had the season we had last year with the resources of West Ham or Leicester then I’d be very happy with offering him a new contract but we should expect more I think. Going into a new season with our current midfield options I expect we’ll see some backlash soon too.

Fingeredmouse

Well said.

Tyrion

Doesn't mean jack shit. The amount of money he's spent and If it doesn't start right he should be rightfully sacked....
Agreed. Moyes was sacked 10 months into a 6 year contract. Mourinho was sacked the same year he got a 2 year extension. Managerial contracts only influence how big the pay out will be and buy managers an extra couple of weeks at most.

Tyrion

If Chelsea can win it, so can Utd. A couple of decent draws, strong home performances and you can find yourself in a semi-final.
Its possible but I doubt it. Tuchel is great and I think that Chelsea team was better than ours is.

bonothom

What was the rush? They did the same thing with Mourinho when they had no need and 6 months later everything was falling apart. United have had 4 seasons without a trophy and If they have a poor start to the season thngs could easily start falling apart again. It's not as though Ole's in massive demand and we might lose him? Maybe Molde have been tempting him with a big contract to return.

Ralph1386

I know what you meant, and it doesn't make sense. He already earned the contract. Giving him another objective for this season is just silly.
That's not at all what I meant :houllier:
Let it be. I was replying to @dove anyway. He got it.

siw2007

He’s taken the club from 6th to 3rd to 2nd and a cup final. Though I am a little sceptical regarding where the end game is there is no doubt he has improved this team year on year and has deserved the extension. The stability this will offer is important in which is going to be an important season with regards to taking g the next step.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'm not thrilled and this is all too predictable but we're not a club that'll sack a manager after last season.

They've made their choice and whatever happens now, it's not on OGS, it's on the hierarchy at Man Utd.

Let's hope we win something this season.

EDIT: One more thing to add. Although he may not be the best coach in the world, he'd definitely leave a great squad for the next manager if a change has to be made. I'd argue we have a better squad than what Tuchel inherited and this is a huge positive.

At least we won't have to start from scratch again if it doesn't work out.

Mickson

If only we had a manager that played the kids

The majority of them in a game against Astana where most of them will never play again, but okay. In the last two years, he has been pretty timid in getting new players a chance.

I'm not against the new contract per se, but our standards have dropped. This season will be huge. No title, then he should be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.