Ole signs new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Then you need to remind yourself of how this team was pre Ole arriving. Not saying Ole is the answer, but the team is in a much better position now then when he started.
People really do need to remind themselves regarding how much of a mess and imbalance the club was, all the way through the board.

Idxomer

Then you need to remind yourself of how this team was pre Ole arriving. Not saying Ole is the answer, but the team is in a much better position now then when he started.
The team individually improved but not collectively.

Kopral Jono

I'm happy for Ole, who at the end of the day is a club legend. I hope he proves me wrong.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sorting DM, getting rid of Pogba and making a profit? I’d say he’d have played a blinder if this happens.
I mean sure and I'm not a fan of Pogbas ego - but No one should sack ole for not winning the title if Neves is our replacement.

We simply don't know if he is a title winning quality midfielder whilst Pogba was. 90% of the red cafe are happy with Neves joining us so I don't see why if Ole fails to win the league with him - how we can turn around and blame Ole for it completely.

CM

Good news, I think. Hopefully he can return the show of faith with a trophy and continued progress.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
What sort of wage is he on?
He was on 10 mio € in 2019, as far as google can help. I Guess a moderate increase after the extension is not unlikely, pretty standard procedure in this business.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I am ready to bet with anyone here that he won’t see this contract out , unfortunately United were in a tough position with this and had no other option really
Why were they in a tough position?

If they offered a reasonable wage then Ole was always going to sign.

If anything, Ole was in a tough position given he didn't have any realistic alternative options to use in order to get a better deal.

RORY65

Are you serious?
I think it's a fair criticism that our performances often aren't that convincing (there were very few games that we really controlled last season) but he's clearly created a much more positive environment and team spirit and the players clearly want to play for him given the way they kept fighting back in games and the way we've consistently got a surprising win when he's been under a little bit of pressure. I have sort of mixed feelings about the news, I do think he's vastly inferior to the managers at some of our rivals (particularly City, Liverpool and Chelsea) and am dubious about whether that can be overcome but he has done a solid job to this point and it would be amazing to have success under a club legend, while the fact the players are clearly on board with him is a real positive.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This club is utterly fecked.

Tuchel wins the CL and Chelsea extend him by 2 years while we are rewarding mediocrity by extending for 3 years when there's absolutely zero interest in him from other clubs. Why couldn't we wait and see how he does this season before extending? We are just gonna end up paying a hefty severance fee when he's inevitably sacked.

Such a downer, we are aiming to sign elite players in Sancho/Varane but keep a mediocre manager at helm.
Don’t you think he deserves some job security himself after what he’s done? Also, players like Varane and Sancho would probably want some assurances that the manager who’s been chasing them for months is going to be sticking around.

beycont

It is but we were lucky to have people like SAF or Busby who were truly one of football greats ever. The contract extension was inevitable. Ole should have either be sacked (and he really should have been if we look at the results during his reign here) or a contract extended. The latter is obviously more convenient for the club so no surprise we went that route. We are not winning anything with him but I think we can all agree that winning trophies is not our priorities anymore so I guess it's all good, we can celebrate this day.
Wait so Sir Busby and SAF were already football greats when they joined United? Or were they allowed time to build the club and the squad in their image which in turn made them the legends they are?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nonsense. Rival fans for the first time in almost a decade have started to fear or at the very least respect us again. We were a laughing stock under previous managers.

Give the guy some respect for how he’s turned this club around and stop pandering to your oppo supporting mates.
City & Liverpool fans want Ole at the club. Maybe he can change it, but as of now they don’t respect/fear him at all.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He wasn’t going to be sacked this summer and he won’t survive another trophyless season. The only difference this makes is that he gets a bigger pay off but the Glazers love wasting money so it’s as you were.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
How so?
There is progress under ole.

Out of curiosity, have you ever kicked a football?
:lol: :lol: :lol: those kind of questions really lead to absolutely nothing but meaningless discussions without any sense or purpose

dove

Wait so Sir Busby and SAF were already football greats when they joined United? Or were they allowed time to build the club and the squad in their image which in turn made them the legends they are?
Not again this shite :lol: SAF had already achieved the unthinkable before he joined United...

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
City & Liverpool fans want Ole at the club. Maybe he can change it, but as of now they don’t respect/fear him at all.
Important thing is to see if we have made any progress. Most of us can see that. Who gives a damn what rivals fans think? Most here wanted Klopp to continue at Liverpool. Look how it turned out

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Why were they in a tough position?

If they offered a reasonable wage then Ole was always going to sign.

If anything, Ole was in a tough position given he didn't have any realistic alternative options to use in order to get a better deal.
No I meant in terms of he didn’t do badly enough to get sacked and they didn’t want this contract thing to be hanging on the head all season . It’a an ok situation for both the club & Ole now but as a fan I am left pretty underwhelmed really

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't understand the people who are upset. In the grand scheme of things, it makes no difference. We were never going to sack him this summer. When it becomes clear to the board he needs to go, he will be sacked regardless of how long he has left on his contract. I mean, we sacked a manger 9 months after giving him a six year contract.
I hope he meets expectations, although I remain doubtful.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Tuchel wins the CL and Chelsea extend him by 2 years while we are rewarding mediocrity by extending for 3 years when there's absolutely zero interest in him from other clubs. Why couldn't we wait and see how he does this season before extending? We are just gonna end up paying a hefty severance fee when he's inevitably sacked.

Such a downer, we are aiming to sign elite players in Sancho/Varane but keep a mediocre manager at helm.
Reaching 4 semi-finals, Europa league final and finishing 3rd/2nd in his first full seasons. Bringing in exciting, quality players which have improved the first team whilst developing the likes of Shaw into one of the best in his position. But because he hasn't won a trophy yet, this is mediocrity to you?

He has deserved this extension because of the progress we have made since appointing him. I think some people on here need to seriously look back and see where we were heading as a football club before Ole took over. He has done a fantastic job!

Tuchel came into Chelsea on the back of them having a splurge on serious talent in the transfer market that Lampard could not get the best out of. Not taking away from any of his achievements, but Tuchel inherited a much better team and club in Chelsea than Ole did with Utd, that is just a fact.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
another one on huge wages that will be hard to ship on.

El Zoido

Really pleased about this. He’s done a tremendous job so far, and what an exciting squad he’s building. It’s depressing that quite a vocal segment of our fans are still against him. We just get better and better under him, I hope the club will continue to support his rebuild.

Don't understand the people who are upset. In the grand scheme of things, it makes no difference. We were never going to sack him this summer. When it becomes clear to the board he needs to go, he will be sacked regardless of how long he has left on his contract. I mean, we sacked a manger 9 months after giving him a six year contract.
I hope he meets expectations, although I remain doubtful.
Exactly.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Don’t you think he deserves some job security himself after what he’s done? Also, players like Varane and Sancho would probably want some assurances that the manager who’s been chasing them for months is going to be sticking around.
And going into this season on the last year of his contract, every game there'd be journos asking questions about it and it'd be a distraction both on and off the pitch which the club doesn't need.

RedStarUnited

Pretty much how I feel.

All of this “he deserved an extension” talk is crazy to me. When he came in what were your expectations of him and what did he exceed?

No elite team wants him, he would have just as easily renewed next summer.

TrueRed79

Literally go on every single social media platform. They are literally pissing themselves laughing whilst we spend hundreds of millions and are still watching our biggest rivals clean up all the trophies.

Nobody fears us and why would they? We can't even win second-rate trophies when we have the chance to do so
Laughable that you justify your show of no faith by looking at what rival fans are saying on social media platforms. We are hated and dopes will say literally anything. There is no rationale to their comments. Do yourself a favour and ignore them.

predator

Youth NITK
:lol: :lol: :lol: those kind of questions really lead to absolutely nothing but meaningless discussions without any sense or purpose
I'm glad that I made you laugh.
It's just comforting to know what type of people you are discussing with.

I genuinely think it's important to know whether the person I am talking to has ever played the game before or is just one of those who watches it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Reaching 4 semi-finals, Europa league final and finishing 3rd/2nd in his first full seasons. Bringing in exciting, quality players which have improved the first team whilst developing the likes of Shaw into one of the best in his position. But because he hasn't won a trophy yet, this is mediocrity to you?

He has deserved this extension because of the progress we have made since appointing him. I think some people on here need to seriously look back and see where we were heading as a football club before Ole took over. He has done a fantastic job!

Tuchel came into Chelsea on the back of them having a splurge on serious talent in the transfer market that Lampard could not get the best out of. Not taking away from any of his achievements, but Tuchel inherited a much better team and club in Chelsea than Ole did with Utd, that is just a fact.
Reaching 4 semi finals and then the EL final (after we went out in the group stages of the cl)should not be considered an achievement at Manchester United . It’s embarrassing that somehow we have dropped to the levels where some fans have started to believe it is

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Literally go on every single social media platform. They are literally pissing themselves laughing whilst we spend hundreds of millions and are still watching our biggest rivals clean up all the trophies.

Nobody fears us and why would they? We can't even win second-rate trophies when we have the chance to do so
We literally finished above Chelsea for two seasons in a row and Liverpool last season. Give your head a wobble. Call yourself a fan :lol:

dove

How so?
There is progress under ole.

Out of curiosity, have you ever kicked a football?
Progress. He took a team that finished 2nd 6 months before and took us to 2nd 3 years later while winning feck all during that time and playing Jose-esque football. I am not saying he is doing terrible but the progress on the pitch is so minimal that it's pointless to even discuss it. Off the pitch he is great, I am not arguing. None of Real, Barca, Chelsea, City, Juve etc. would reward their manager with 3+1 year contract after those 3 years of "progress".

Status
Not open for further replies.