Olivier Giroud an option for Man Utd

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Seems like his arm could be twisted.....wouldn't be opposed to this signing in all honesty

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why would Milan sell? They’d be better off using him until the summer, and since he’s free in June I can’t see why we’d want to spend enough to convince them

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I like him, but really not a great deal of point at this stage in his career.

IrishRedDevil

Should have signed him years ago.

Chelsea selling him for £1m and buying Lukaku for £100m in the same window must be one of the worst switches in history.

BerryBerryShrew

A great way to increase our presence up front, our squad's average age, and our average female attendance for the remainder of our home matches.

arthurka

He is a great but I think we should aim a bit out of the retirement home this window.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Giroud maybe one of the most under rated strikers I've ever seen. He was never really appreciated at Arsenal. I'd have taken him at United in a heart beat. There aren't many true #9's who are better than him IMO. Sure, he may not score a lot, but he is always involved in the build up. He's a more "mature" player now (to put it nicely), but it's not as though speed was ever part of his game. I'd take him to fill a hole for now as he's obviously not "one for the future" but could play an important role for now...

TsuWave

These oldish signings up front rarely work out
As a stop gap? Giroud would be certified. He's a killer.

Getting in now, and having him as an option from the bench next season wouldn't be bad, at all

spiriticon

I'm up for this honestly. I think he's one of those that gets even better with age, like Zlatan.

As a backup for Martial for half a season or maybe more, he should be decent.

Mr.Hik

Would be perfect for us. Rashford and Anthony would love to play with him.

Tarrou

can’t think of a better option as a stop gap that’s available and cheap enough

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
No thanks.

United need to stop signing 98 year old strikers.

Raw

I always hated how he always seemed to score against us, though looking up his record now he only ever scored 3 v Man Utd. Wouldn't mind him as an option for us.

King Eric 7

One of my weird feelings in football is that he scores every time he plays against us. I'd buy him for that reason alone, but since he plays for AC Milan that reason isn't valid anymore so I'd give this a pass :)

In all seriousness, we should stop thinking about playing old men upfront. It just doesn't suit our play.

Guy Incognito

Giroud maybe one of the most under rated strikers I've ever seen. He was never really appreciated at Arsenal. I'd have taken him at United in a heart beat. There aren't many true #9's who are better than him IMO. Sure, he may not score a lot, but he is always involved in the build up. He's a more "mature" player now (to put it nicely), but it's not as though speed was ever part of his game. I'd take him to fill a hole for now as he's obviously not "one for the future" but could play an important role for now...
He is a good link up player but I think they thought he'd be another RVP.

I'm not surprised they lost their patience after this performance.

spiriticon

While we should get a young and good striker, I just don't see a wealth of options that are gettable and also good enough for the PL right now. Very very few good strikers in existence, never mind on the market.

Unless we want to try for Kane again.

Herman Toothrot

A four-month stint would be great for us, but why would Milan let him go if they want him to sign a new contact and why would he want to come here for just a few months?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
A four-month stint would be great for us, but why would Milan let him go if they want him to sign a new contact and why would he want to come here for just a few months?
We'd have to offer him until the end of the season + next season, at which point it's probably not worth it.

Plus we'd have to pay Milan a couple of mil to let him go now.

Herman Toothrot

We'd have to offer him until the end of the season + next season, at which point it's probably not worth it.

Plus we'd have to pay Milan a couple of mil to let him go now.
In that case, Nah. Up for a quick fix, but need to clear the decks for a quality signing in the summer.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Make sense tbh for 18 month. He comes back to the PL, will have a pay rise and finish his carreer more exposed than Milan.

Good option.