Olivier Giroud

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Always considered him the perfect back up. Not good enough to start, but when he has the chance he always does well.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I was sat behind the goal, fantastic strike. He was actually practicing those before kick off, lifting the ball up and smashing it. The angle he took the shot from made the goal more impressive.

dakingpin1999

I think he is a very underrated striker and will always score goals. Bet if he was english the media and the english fans would love him to bits

Robbie Boy

Good player very underrated. No idea why the feck Welbeck starts ahead of him sometimes.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement

It wasn't deflected.

1:44

kidbob

The problem with Giroud is that he'll celebrate like mad scoring the equalling goal against Bournemouth instead of restarting the game ASAP.

Edit: that's probably harsh on him considering it's an Arsenal wide problem.

Djemba-Djemba

The problem with Giroud is that he'll celebrate like mad scoring the equalling goal against Bournemouth instead of restarting the game ASAP.

Edit: that's probably harsh on him considering it's an Arsenal wide problem.
Well he's perfectly suited to Arsenal to be fair.

He's a good player who on his day can be fantastic, but too often he goes missing and isn't consistent enough.

That's pure Arsenal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Many Arsenal fans don't rate him at all because he does nothing for most of the game. But he just has to score goals.

montpelier

Nice footballer, threat in the air.

But he can't run - so far too easily nullified unless the crosses are getting put in or something spectacular comes off for him.

In the fairly regular droughts, everyone thinks he's crap, which probably isn't fair, but he is far too slow to be of the highest class.

Just how it is.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I didn't realise he'd scored so many wonder goals. His YouTube highlight reel is definitely something to behold

Jaybomb

Most underrated player in the league.

Would have him at United in a heartbeat. Seems like a great option to have.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
he is certainly a world class sub. But not good enough to start.

Just far too slow which means we can't counter as much and our pressing game suffers. This is why welbeck is preferred nowadays as he actually contributes full 90 mins by running around endlessly

Notorious

He's a great option to have from the bench as shown this season but should rarely start for us. He say's he doesn't want to be on the bench again next season so it looks like he could leave. I like the guy though, he always gives his best and has improved a lot since he joined us. Giroud was a late bloomer and is now at his peak.

Reactions: Invictus

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Quoting myself from another thread regarding him being underrated...

When you come in after Wright/Bergkamp/Henry/RVP & play a tier or two below their level, you're always going to be underrated. He's a solid player, but not quite as good as what they've enjoyed in the past.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He really is.

Feel bad for him. Some arsenal fans and even his manager don't seem to rate him. He also has a stupid amount of attackers competing for a spot in Russia .

WhoDaGOAT

He really is.

Feel bad for him. Some arsenal fans and even his manager don't seem to rate him. He also has a stupid amount of attackers competing for a spot in Russia .
Luckily for him, he actually performs for Les Bleus. The shinier toys don't.

Hopefully he scores his 100th Arsenal goal before September and then moves to a club where he'll play 9/10 games.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Interesting opinion there :wenger:
I reckon it's a pretty close call too. I suppose the hope is that Lukaku steps up a level but right now I'd take Giroud despite his obvious limitations.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Luckily for him, he actually performs for Les Bleus. The shinier toys don't.

Hopefully he scores his 100th Arsenal goal before September and then moves to a club where he'll play 9/10 games.
hes different to everyone else that runs around him for france and creates a focal point for their attack. He can get away with bad games for france coz there's enough talent around him, but arsenal its down to sanchez and then luuck really.

also he wouldn't be first choice for france if benzema wasn't such an idiot. He's only competition is gignac and he pretty much quit by moving to mexico

Sylar

Was hoping he would leave Arsenal. He pops up with some important goals especially the ones that gets them key points against lower teams.
Lacazette signing is what hes needed for a while too, because it will push him more with the competition.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I reckon it's a pretty close call too. I suppose the hope is that Lukaku steps up a level but right now I'd take Giroud despite his obvious limitations.
I think Giroud is better in his overall play but Lukaku is quite clearly the better goalscorer. Lukaku is still young though so there's plenty of time for him to improve his game.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Lukaku > Giroud. However Lukaku could learn from Giroud when it comes to heading. For a big man, Lukaku's actual heading ability is rather average.

WhoDaGOAT

hes different to everyone else that runs around him for france and creates a focal point for their attack. He can get away with bad games for france coz there's enough talent around him, but arsenal its down to sanchez and then luuck really.

also he wouldn't be first choice for france if benzema wasn't such an idiot. He's only competition is gignac and he pretty much quit by moving to mexico
His record for France is fantastic. He delivers more times than not.

Giroud, Gignac, Benzema, Griezmann, Lacazette, Gameiro, Gomis, Ben Yedder, Mbappé, Germain, Modeste and Dembélé (Celtic) is a strong roster of strikers to choose from, so he does well to get games and keep his place.