Omar Berrada | Man Utd CEO

r0663664

Worships Man City
No this is a ridiculous take. How was last year just OK? After taking over from our worst pl points tally and quite frankly the most depressing season of my life, with 6/7 first teamers leaving on a free, not including the likes of Bailly, Telles and the like, and having to deal with horrendous off field issues including that Ronaldo interview and its fallout, sancho being soft as pigshit, and the whole takeover fiasco, he got us third and a cup and another cup final (please remind me, when was the last time a united team got top 4 and won a cup in the same season?). it was a very good season when context is taken into account. The odd bad result doesn't change that especially considering how often those have been in the previous 2/3 years.

This year the takeover has been a looming shadow throughout and it's clearly affected the club from top to bottom. He has still had a bad season, but as has been mentioned by the previous poster, what about Klopp the last 4 years where he has had one off one on season throughout?

I think some fans need to seriously grow up. Fire the manager now, why?? what is the plan after this genius move? Who would we appoint half way through the season that can salvage anything from this year in a way that Ten hag is unable to do? Why would you rush into hiring a manager now for very little upside compared to waiting until the summer just to then realise a year later they are not the right man because you've not done your due diligence? Or do you want an intrim manager? in which case you are essentially forfeiting the rest this season, so then it goes back to the same question, what benefit does that bring compared to keeping ten hag, other than having to pay more money out for managerial compensation and paying the interim 6 months' wages? Are you aware we are so close to be in FFP trouble? I'm really sick of these brainless suggestions.

FYI, the low standards at the club are not the result of the manager, it is to do with the whole footballing structure above him. This is why every manager has always been doomed to fail here and something which INEOS clearly identified as the most critical aspect to fix immediately. That too won't be fixed with appointment of one person, but the appointment of the right individual in every position, only at that point will we see how well a manager can perform. IF The vision of the new structure does not align with the manager, then sure, get rid, but again, do it in the summer when every has had time to get their feet under the table.
I don't understand how you can defend ETH for the shit that he put up this year. If you had an employee who started well in his job last year and his year, he isn't doing well and dragging down the whole team. Are you going to keep him around saying he did well last year? ETH knows exactly what he is doing. It is not working and everyone can see the result and yet he continues his way, hoping it will change. Has he changed our formation? Should he take more risk with younger players? Good manager will drop players until their form recovers, change formation, and recognize what type of players will do well in EPL. Football is his bread and butter, I expected better, but he is seriously well off the mark. He had 2 transfer windows to address our issues, but nothing has been addressed. He looks puzzled and lost at the touchline once we start losing. He doesn't seem to know what he can do to turn the game around.

galwayfa

Im not totally behind this just yet, City can offer way more money and challenging for trophies every season, have they lost staff that influential leave without a fight, to me it doesnt seem right, hope it does obviously

cyberman

Im not totally behind this just yet, City can offer way more money and challenging for trophies every season, have they lost staff that influential leave without a fight, to me it doesnt seem right, hope it does obviously
Do they offer more money? Even if they do is it really that much more?
We spend big money, he knows how to spend it well. Seems perfect to me

Tarrou

I reckon in the corporate world a job at United is still seen as a lot more prestigious than City, despite the lack of on-pitch success.

And that's before you factor in the fact he's levelling up to CEO, as well.

croadyman

I reckon in the corporate world a job at United is still seen as a lot more prestigious than City, despite the lack of on-pitch success.

And that's before you factor in the fact he's levelling up to CEO, as well.
Yeah there is no doubt he will be under the microscope much more now he's at Utd

Chairman Steve

God knows how many potentially great operators we could have had over the years if it weren’t for the Glazers and their passive, money motivated outlook who never seemingly networked with the football world and stuck with the bankers who helped their takeover in the first place.

I imagine there’s a score of elite level people who would be tempted to join us now that Sir Jim and his conglomerate are running things.

croadyman

If that’s true, what a stupid thing to say and has clearly hurt him, guardiola always has come across as a little childish when things aren’t quite going his way.
Yeah we are no threat so why are you being off with journos when asked about Berrada

TsuWave

Bizarre comments from a manager about executive staff. Even if he was asked. Weird guy. Must have been rolling off of a strong 8ball

Jordan_mufc

If that’s true, what a stupid thing to say and has clearly hurt him, guardiola always has come across as a little childish when things aren’t quite going his way.
I always get the impression that Pep is well aware, and a little bit bothered, by the fact that City will never be respected like United.

He often shows us a lot of respect and I feel he'd have loved to manage here. He knows that if we get things right, City will pale in comparison to our stature. Arrogant man is worried

LInkash

I always get the impression that Pep is well aware, and a little bit bothered, by the fact that City will never be respected like United.

He often shows us a lot of respect and I feel he'd have loved to manage here. He knows that if we get things right, City will pale in comparison to our stature. Arrogant man is worried
He was devastated when he found out that Julia Roberts was a United fan.

croadyman

Yeah his legacy would have been so much bigger if Fergie approached him quicker. So annoying that Klopp never managed Utd either which was down to Toy Story puppet

Chairman Steve

He mad as feck :lol: Now I do get the feeling this really didn’t go down well at the Bertie office over the weekend.

croadyman

He mad as feck :lol: Now I do get the feeling this really didn’t go down well at the Bertie office over the weekend.

Don't cry for me Guardiola the truth is I never wanted to stay at City

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Possibly joking but honestly it's crossed my mind. History has proven when we have 'beaten' City to someone they've gone on to either be awful, a massive waste of money or downright disastrous.
  • Sanchez
  • Ronaldo
  • Maguire
  • Fred
  • Pogba
I'm sure there are others
Ronaldo is probably the worst of all :lol: we got baited because he was seen as United legend which he ruined in the end anyway. But it seems like it didnt take too long until baldy spoke about Omar once more and because this time he seems butthurt, it's a good sign. Because for players he used to say 'City can't afford it', 'the fees dont make sense' after we signed them, sat on his high horse because he knew his bait worked. But now he's sitting with cactus up his arse. Good to see.

Blood Mage

Pep has always been extremely insecure about United. He knows we're the bigger club by miles even while we're shite and he's got that rabble on top.

JediSith

Angry Pep always resorts to sarcasm. I’ve seen it on lots of his post match interviews.

This has clearly got to him. It’s a loss to City, I’d guess both to their immediate and long term planing as he was likely pencilled in to be next CEO some day.

TsuWave

Prior to getting the job at City he said that he could see himself managing at OT.

He has obviously done wonders for City and elevated them, but he knows and resents all the asterisks attached. It slips via passive-aggressiveness from time to time.

The Red Thinker

This is good. It’s clearly gotten under his skin. He’s lucky that a well run United never took him on in the past decade. I hope he stays a few more years so that we can come at him with the full might of our financial strength and with a proper footballing operation giving us elite players that fit the vision.

Stay there Pep! Give us couple of years please. If INEOS follow through with the revolution, we’re coming for the crown.

The Red Thinker

These decisions are only successful in hindsight, doesn’t make sense to be patting ourselves on the back before he’s even started working for us. Same thing for Ronaldo, no one was saying it was an elite move when a spotty 18 year old one trick pony first arrived.
Yeah but Berrada is not some spotty rookie. He is an executive that has earned the rank. He also will not work in isolation, he will constantly consult with Blanc and Brailsford as fellow board members.

United fans are celebrating the recreation of an elite footballing structure. We understand that FINALLY, football men will steer the club. That is the celebration. His effectiveness can be judged after. What we do know for an absolute fact is that he will not be Ed Woodward or some other wanker banker. Football first. That’s the celebration. It can only get better no matter how bad he turns out to be! Which is unlikely given his track record.

SonOfFergie

Some very weird takes on this..

1. You only get rid when there is better alternatives, - you get rid when results are not improving. Or it becomes untenable to be with. How comes we can bin Ronaldo mid season for bad behavior without alternatives but for a coach we need alternatives before deciding otherwise.

2. ETH hasn't become bad manager over night - - - Question should be When did ETH become a good coach? When? In Holland? Even De Boer won the league there. One champions league semi final run then eliminations in R16 is what makes one a good coach. Even Ralf Rangnick was Schalke O4 coach when they reached Semi in 2011. Even Spurs reached CL final.

ETH is 53 years old. Same age as Pep.
ETH has managed only once in a Champions League Semi-final game in HIS LIFE.
Pep has had 9 ( NINE) champions league appearances. Klopp has 4 (FOUR) Final appearances.

Good and better managers compete for big trophies consistently.
Ferguson had 3 finals in 4 year period (2008,2009,2011 finals)
Klopp has had 3 finals in 4 year period in Liverpool (2018,2019, 2022)
Pep is on a 2 Finals in 3 year period for City (2021,2023)

3. Given time, a better structure he will do better - another very weird take I have seen it on this forum.

If ETH had total control, who to sign, how to play, who to bin off, how to train etc and he was unable to imprint his method to the team he had total control over what makes you think he will do better when all or some of those powers he had are taken away from him.

In that, you had power to do what you wanted to achieve success you're unable, but now you will achieve success when the powers you had will be taken away from you.

Then how comes, United is the only team with 'bad structure'. You mean Manchester United is the only team which complains of bad structure in the whole world.

Manchester United has incompetent employees not bad structures. From management to manager to players competent employees at Man United are few.

In my own assessment ETH is like Antony. A player he signed. Looked very good from Netherlands but EPL is a step steep ahead of him. Nothing to do with excuses, but or if's. It's just Antony is not cut for EPL.

Same ETH is not cut for EPL. Nothing to do with ETH as a human being it's just the League competition demands and quality is abit to much for him.
ETH is in the bracket of Poch, Arteta as a coach. Who will never beat Pep or Klopp consistently and who by 95% chance will never win a league title as long as Pep or Klopp are around.

Sad but true.
Agreed on many points but replacing him mid season solves nothing if we don't have appropriate successor in mind. Pep, Klopp and Carlo are taken. There are not any standout candidates, season is a write-off. Get a new quality football management structure in place first, identify way of playing, clean deadwood, identify players we want to get and identify manager who will complement that style of play.

Redivy

Prior to getting the job at City he said that he could see himself managing at OT.

He has obviously done wonders for City and elevated them, but he knows and resents all the asterisks attached. It slips via passive-aggressiveness from time to time.
This 100%

Pep is so insecure about the asterisk that goes with every City accomplishment. I don’t think he recovers mentally once the punishment for the charges is brought on.

fallengt

a little?
passive aggressiveness is his jam

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Something must be happening behind the scene. They know those 100+ charges will feck them over at some point. His latest comments about Omar seems to be coming from 'used to be a friend' who is now abandoned to join a rival who's bigger.

ShinjiNinja26

What a clown Pep is. Wouldn’t look out of place on Bluemoon spouting that nonsense. You know we’ve got ourselves a good one when even the managers being a bitter cnut about it. :drool: