OMG.. Has anyone seen Rafa's Friday press conference?

Devilton

Another one bites the dust...

When are these fools going to realize that if you take on the master, chances are you're going to end up getting shit canned.

Sam.G

Well it all went rapidly downhill from that moment Sam.
Did it?

We had a blip around the time of that press conference and then had a fairly good run home including humping you lot 4-1 at your gaff. We were beaten to the title that season by a very good team with nigh on a points record. Hardly downhill.

This season has been a disaster of course.

Decotron

And the amusing thing is that a lot of Utd fans actually believe this.
Not really, the second he started that rant I said it was the begining of the end for him. No comment on the other part of my post speaks volumes. Toddle on you've an event to attend........

Originally Posted by RAWK spastic
anyone know where rafa lives? we should line the streets to his house and applaud when he comes back from his holiday.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Did it?

We had a blip around the time of that press conference and then had a fairly good run home including humping you lot 4-1 at your gaff. We were beaten to the title that season by a very good team with nigh on a points record. Hardly downhill.

This season has been a disaster of course.
They were already under pressure and he heaped a load more on which they duly buckled under. The run in was decent but the pressure was off then so it meant nothing. And yes this season has been tremendous. Sorry a disaster.

Devilton

Can't you cry and type at the same time?

I can.
What the feck is a supposed dipper doing on a united board when his teams manager just got canned? Shouldn't you be with the other members of Les Misérables lamenting the facht that the end is nigh?

Sam.G

What the feck is a supposed dipper doing on a united board when his teams manager just got canned? Shouldn't you be with the other members of Les Misérables lamenting the facht that the end is nigh?
What are you, the internet police?

Dipshit.

Devilton

What are you, the internet police?

Dipshit.

Just wondering why a miserable cnut like yourself is parked over on a united board when he should be with his own...

:devil:

Just what kind of liverpool supporter are you? Apart from a lousy one that is...

Northstand

A Utd fan who thinks for himself. I like it.QUOTE]

A tad harsh, Sam. There is surely more scope on this forum for disparate views than on RAWK, where posters are routinely banned for swimming against the tide. Would have thought that's why you like to hang out here.

Sam.G

A Utd fan who thinks for himself. I like it.
A tad harsh, Sam. There is surely more scope on this forum for disparate views than on RAWK, where posters are routinely banned for swimming against the tide. Would have thought that's why you like to hang out here.
Fair enough.

I don't contribute to RAWK though. There a far better Liverpool sites than there in my view.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
i fecking love rafa, i always did but i love him even more now. Cool, calm and collected nothing like keegan at all, knows exactly what he's at. fergie has a serious rival, something he's missed since jose fecked off and arsenal became shit.
:d

Alex

I forsee this thread being classic'd

Rafa never knew how close he was to losin it,' until he did hahaha

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Originally Posted by RAWK spastic
anyone know where rafa lives? we should line the streets to his house and applaud when he comes back from his holiday.
veiled attempt at saying they should get down there and rob his gaff whilst they still can

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
ever since pulling that little piece of paper out of his pocket, it was downhill for him. The 0 - 0 draw against stoke was one thing I anticipated, and our win against Chelsea was really a bonus for us.

ofcourse I frightened a bit when we lost to Liverpool and Fulham, (And before that people were saying the league was doe and dusted, with us being 10-12 points ahead.) but the history & experience of being in a top chart position was always going to be counted. If it was't for the CL win he'd have been out a long time ago. And being a horrible man manager cost him the belief of players.

It was fun while it lasted.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Selected RAWK comments from earlier today:

'In one move, The Gafa has lit a fire underneath us Reds to get us up for the fight in the coming months. We needed this as fans. Galvanise us and the players and staff of Liverpool Football Club, the most successful football club in England.'

'Having read through this thread and others like it on other forums, the effect it is having is nothing short of incredible, I am not sure even Rafa himself could have forseen this, but the vast majority of reds seem nothing short of totally galvanised by his comments, its like he has instilled huge amounts of confidence into everybody, and for the first time in many years, a huge amount of fans seem to be saying "bring it on". '

'The best possible thing that can happen now is that we sweep Stoke aside and Mr. Alex will feel pressured to talk about Rafa instead of concentrating on his own match.

Game on, Mr. Ferguson.
'

'As you say, this is Rafa talking from a position of strength, this is controlled, this is a signal that we are aiming to be angler fish when it comes to pressure...we want it, we will thrive on it, we will use it to lure in the smaller fish and feast on them.'

'...it's on...fecking bring it on...Rafa believes, the players believe, we believe, we are fecking BACK.'

...and the after the match:

'I want to kill the knobhead on SkyNews. That is all.'

'This is the part that makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach'

'Man if man utd win tomorrow its deffo gonna bite raf on the arse this.'

'Rafa looks like a twat now, after last nights speech.'

'Premier League Champions?? Yeah feckin right'

'terrible performance, should refund the travelling kop's ticket prices and sell lucas, benayoun while they're at it...'
Wow, the great memories. Seems like yesterday.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
As you say, this is Rafa talking from a position of strength, this is controlled, this is a signal that we are aiming to be angler fish when it comes to pressure...we want it, we will thrive on it, we will use it to lure in the smaller fish and feast on them.
...it's on...fecking bring it on...Rafa believes, the players believe, we believe, we are fecking BACK.
:lol: Excellent.

Crustanoid

Its going to be pretty easy for his next clubs opponents to suss out his weak points and capitalise. Just wind him up a bit, and then he'll have a public nervous breakdown and take his team down with him

maldini

I think he'll be a good manager for Inter. I'm not very keen on next season as Milan are in a state of transition, and nothing but the intervention of Berlusconi can help us get ready.

Devilton

Of course he's going to win things with Inter. A monkey could lead that team to Serie A titles...Mourinho did it, Mancini did it, and besides Roma, who exactly are going to compete against Inter?

Milan is at least 2-3 years away from it, and way too long in the tooth. Juve are in a similar position. So winning the Scuedetto with Inter for Rafa is a BARE MINIMUM. Add to that, he will probably also get a team that will be stronger next season (as inter splash the transfer market) and that he won't be in complete control (which will help him concentrate on coaching, which he does best).

Inter will be a force in Italy and Europe next season...

But not because of Rafa.

They could / should win Serie A even with the likes of Phil Brown managing because the team is very strong, and the rest of the competition isn't. (plus Inter has that winning mentality now)

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Can't wait for Rafa's FACHTS in Italian.

Meester Berlusconi always doing man to man on the ladies

Amir

Depends on what Juventus and Milan do this summer. Inter are strong, but they've won five leagues in a row, they've won the Champions League... Their run has to end soon, as Lyon have discovered a couple of years back. After last season's high and with a lesser coach than Mourinho, it could easily happen.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Rafa Benitez says mind games have no effect on the team.

"As a manager you need to worry about your job and your team – not the mind games. People are talking about mind games with Man Utd and City. Both teams are very good teams and if City win their next match 5-0 people will say Mancini is not affected by the mind games. If they lose it's 'oh – the mind games.'

"When you have a lot of foreign players normally they don't read the newspapers so the mind games for them are nothing.

"I don't think that it's important or makes a big difference. The main thing is if you have a good team you can win all the mind games, if you don't have a good team you can't.
He added:

"I'm waiting for a good offer in England, my family is settled here and I didn't have the right offer so far. I'm not worried about it, I need to find the right club and the right project."

"I heard a lot of rumours about Chelsea but I didn't have a proper offer on the table."
Like how I didn't have a proper offer from Natalie Portman to be her sex slave?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/28/rafael-benitez-mind-games-premier-league

Sorry if this is too old of a bump, seems related to me!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Well, I don't think the Fachts stuff made a difference in 2009. United just had a little more depth and quality. But obviously when you lose then any outbursts by the manager can be blamed.

Keegan in '96 really did affect his team badly though.

WireRed

Well, I don't think the Fachts stuff made a difference in 2009. United just had a little more depth and quality. But obviously when you lose then any outbursts by the manager can be blamed.

Keegan in '96 really did affect his team badly though.
Did it feck, we had already usurped them at the top by then and that rant was a result of frustration at that rather than the cause.

Rafa is right in what he said, mind games are a myth in terms of being decisive in title races/relegation fights. We didn't win the title in 2009 because Rafa got het up one morning, we won it because we got 90 points and had a strong side with a stronger mentality than Liverpool, who themselves got the highest ever total to not win the league that year despite their manager alledgedly losing the plot.