g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

OT EVACUATED | Device signed as having been recovered, could NOT be detected by sniffer dogs

RedDevil@84

Can't wait for some caftards to say we should have played on despite the bomb threat to show that we are not a team of pussies and have balls of steel.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think they'll do well to find who did it, so most likely there will be no punishment.

Toilets tend to be the one place you can't police, due to privacy laws. You can put a steward in there, but unless they're going to check a cubicle after every use (a horrible prospect knowing football fans) how would it work.

I wonder how they came to find this. Did some fan report it?
I think I read someone noticed it - so to me they are chief suspect and should be investigated. Who that is? No idea. But i'm really interested to know, how visible the 'bomb' was because when someone goes into the toilet....they're not looking round every knook and cranny. In addition to that always - the only reason it would be left visable ...is for someone to spot it and ring it in and make it a news topic. Someone determined isn't going to make it visible so whoever spotted it - has some questions to answer.

And f it's a fake bomb made to look real ..then this is a political issue and someone pushing the terrorism narrative. I wouldn't call it a 'prank' at all and it's dangerous too call it a prank. We shouldn't underestimate these sadists for want of a better word. I assume some will think it's a prank but I doubt it.

I guess we'll know more in the coming days but my moneys on the person who spotted it. Complete guess lol

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The controlled explosion was probably the most exciting things those stands saw in the past 3 years

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
That's the worry. Now, no-one knows how this device looked, but will random twats just start copycatting, and leaving any old sh!T hanging around to see if they can do the same.
I'd have been so gutted to go all that way and not see a game, and I know some people do even further trips, or even from abroad. Horrible.
Could be worse I suppose, came over from Ireland last August for the Spurs game and actually had to watch it.

/tasteless joke.

C'est Moi Cantona

If any good comes from this, it'll be that it shows the real terrorists that we're ready and prepared for them.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Atleast knowing the fact that it was a hoax takes some edge off it. Otherwise it could have serious consequences for stadium security.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
IF they found a real bomb, is there any obligation for the club or the police to actually state as such - are they breaking any laws if they don't?
I suppose not, but there would be repercussions if the worst were to happen in future and it came out that they were not telling the truth.

SqueakyWeasel

Atleast knowing the fact that it was a hoax takes some edge off it. Otherwise it could have serious consequences for stadium security.
With the security cameras in OT I wouldn't be surprised if they can narrow it down to a ticket holder or 10.

Just a thought, but… if City had have gone in level at HT and heard we're 3:0 up the panic might have screwed up their second half completely! I demand all games are replayed … what do you reckon @GlastonSpur ?

Striker10

With the security cameras in OT I wouldn't be surprised if they can narrow it down to a ticket holder or 10.

Just a thought, but… if City had have gone in level at HT and heard we're 3:0 up the panic might have screwed up their second half completely! I demand all games are replayed … what do you reckon @GlastonSpur ?
Well we can joke about it but I think that would have effected many teams in the second half. It's unfortunate they allowed the city game to go ahead. I think they should be played side by side. When players hear that kind of thing, it scares them and it certainly scared Spurs :)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I suppose not, but there would be repercussions if the worst were to happen in future and it came out that they were not telling the truth.
How so?

Why wouldn't the next incident be treated in isolation?

From the club's perspective surely it's better to say ' elaborate hoax' rather than actual bomb.

If it's stated an actual bomb was in the stadium, the ramifications would send shockwaves around the footballing world in every which way possible. As is, 'hoax' deadens or softens the storm, which would be why I think if there's no obligation to tell the truth, they might opt not to.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How so?

Why wouldn't the next incident be treated in isolation?

From the club's perspective surely it's better to say ' elaborate hoax' rather than actual bomb.

If it's stated an actual bomb was in the stadium, the ramifications would send shockwaves around the footballing world in every which way possible. As is, 'hoax' deadens or softens the storm, which would be why I think if there's no obligation to tell the truth, they might opt not to.
That's exactly why lying about an actual bomb would be a bad idea. If people are told it's a hoax then there going to be far less diligent than if they're told it was a real threat.

Acole9

Outstanding
If this was a hoax then the persons responsible have put unnecessary fear into not only everybody inside the stadium but their nearest and dearest too. They have also spoilt the end of the season for everyone.

Striker10

What's the betting the kick off will be delayed on tuesday? I think it might be like the west ham game. I would love to see the kids play. They play without fea. Its unfair that we have to play on Tuesday but there you go.

Ixion

After the events at the match in Paris and now this, you have to think it's just a matter of time before something does happen inside a stadium.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What's the betting the kick off will be delayed on tuesday? I think it might be like the west ham game. I would love to see the kids play. They play without fea. Its unfair that we have to play on Tuesday but there you go.
I don't foresee our own fans throwing bottles and stones at the coach

Acquire Me

If this was a hoax then the persons responsible have put unnecessary fear into not only everybody inside the stadium but their nearest and dearest too. They have also spoilt the end of the season for everyone.
This will get attention in the future. Security must be top notch. Its the world we live in now.

Striker10

I don't foresee our own fans throwing bottles and stones at the coach
I was of course referring to the security and the extra diligent checks. We've had three delayed starts recently. The west ham ones a disgrace and I'm not a fan of the way the media created that atmosphere. Hopefully fans get in early but been a funny few weeks.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
That's exactly why lying about an actual bomb would be a bad idea. If people are told it's a hoax then there going to be far less diligent than if they're told it was a real threat.
'Hoax' should have all clubs on high alert from a security perspective, really. 'Bomb' works as a definitive terror threat and could put people off going in their droves as well as alter the footballing climate on an epic scale.

I dunno, I just can't see why, if not obligated to do so, the club would put its neck on the line about this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
'Hoax' should have all clubs on high alert from a security perspective, really. 'Bomb' works as a definitive terror threat and could put people off going in their droves as well as alter the footballing climate on an epic scale.

I dunno, I just can't see why, if not obligated to do so, the club would put its neck on the line about this.
I'm probably just letting my own feelings about it tarnish how I think the club should act about it. It I found an actual threat I would want to alert as many people as possible, although I appreciate the panic that it might cause.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If we beat Palace, then no matter what

United - Europa League Group Stage
Southampton - Europa League Group Stage
West Ham - Europa League 3rd Playoff Round

If we lose to Palace, but get a point or more from Bournmouth

United - Europa League Group Stage
Palace - Europa League Group Stage
Southampton - Europa League 3rd Playoff Round

If we lose to palace and lose to Bournmouth

Southampton - Europa League Group Stage
Palace - Europa League Group Stage
United - Europa League 3rd Playoff Round

Now we just need UEFA to merge to two competitions in time for next season
Is that right? Never thought of that scenario.