OT EVACUATED | Device signed as having been recovered, could NOT be detected by sniffer dogs

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A lot of people have been posting the rules about abandoned games earlier in this thread saying that they should be played within 48 hours after the original fixture. Tuesday would make a lot of sense.
Shreeves said on Sky that for Security reasons Wednesday would be the earliest possible but that's unlikely with the final next weekend.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You would imagine the bathroom has been damaged in a controlled explosion, the stadium won't be open until that's been repaired.

I guess we will play the cup final and then play the match the tues/wed afterwards.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
A few years ago a match was cancelled due to floodlight failure, some guys had bet on a number of Premier League games being cancelled (you could do that back then).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
More than three, IIRC.
Yeah that probably is much closer than my random guess.

Say we take £37 as an average price, with all the factors like OAP/kids, top price £50+, member prices being more etc, that'd be £37 x75,000 and that'd be about 2.7m alone!

Ixion

£40 for the match ticket, £80 return train to London, £10 car park. The numpty who played this prank can pay me back whenever thanks.

(I know there will be people who came from much, much further at far greater expense, I'm just kiding around)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You would imagine the bathroom has been damaged in a controlled explosion, the stadium won't be open until that's been repaired.

I guess we will play the cup final and then play the match the tues/wed afterwards.
Surely they won't wait until a small part of a toilet is fixed! It'll be on security grounds. Only even thinking about re-setting the game when they're 100% confident everything is secure. Hence only tomorrow being ruled out so far.

Heinzesight

Relieved to hear it wasn't a real device. Thing is, if it was a real device, would the powers that be really tell us?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Relieved to hear it's a hoax. Whoever is responsible is a cnut and should be locked up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shreeves said on Sky that for Security reasons Wednesday would be the earliest possible but that's unlikely with the final next weekend.
Yeah, presumably we get a big say in when it's rescheduled, as do Bournemouth.

And we certainly don't want it before Saturday if we can help it

Vilev

I don't get it. What is controlled explosion? Does it meant that this stuff they found had explosives in it or not? If it's fake does it meant that the bomb squad took actual bomb and detonated it where this package was found?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah that probably is much closer than my random guess.

Say we take £37 as an average price, with all the factors like OAP/kids, top price £50+, member prices being more etc, that'd be £37 x75,000 and that'd be about 2.7m alone!
Yup, then there's the boxes and all the other matchday revenue from the megastore and food counters. There's crazy money, it's why low league teams kill for an away day at OT, half the gate can turn their finances around.

Even Bradford last season, that game at Chelsea alone paid for their season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Relieved to hear it's a hoax. Whoever is responsible is a cnut and should be locked up.
Deserve a huge fine as a sensible option.
And left in a room with people who made huge drives in a less sensible, but more satisfactory option.

kps88

Is there any difference between 5th and 6th in terms of when we enter the Europa League?

rumac

I don't get it. What is controlled explosion? Does it meant that this stuff they found had explosives in it or not? If it's fake does it meant that the bomb squad took actual bomb and detonated it where this package was found?
Usually the bombs components are blown apart with a blast of compressed air or water. Sometimes in a viable bomb the detonator wil explode but not the main charge.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It means they blew it up, whether it was an actual bomb or not the explode it with their own explosives as precaution.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surely they won't wait until a small part of a toilet is fixed! It'll be on security grounds. Only even thinking about re-setting the game when they're 100% confident everything is secure. Hence only tomorrow being ruled out so far.
I would imagine health and safety states you have to have a certain amount of toilets per person, might not be allowable as strange as it sounds.
Relieved to hear it wasn't a real device. Thing is, if it was a real device, would the powers that be really tell us?
you never really know, but I do doubt they would tell the truth. Surely the police would be able to tell if it was just a fake? And if it was a fake why is somebody doing that? I worry it's a dummy run to see how the authorities react. It's a scary proposition for the euros.

Hopefully it's just some idiotic scouser who thought it would be hilarious.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yup, then there's the boxes and all the other matchday revenue from the megastore and food counters. There's crazy money, it's why low league teams kill for an away day at OT, half the gate can turn their finances around.

Even Bradford last season, that game at Chelsea alone paid for their season.
at least the megastore sales wouldn't have been affected as much. Presumably vast majority of their sales are pre kick off?

But the rest is a real ahole.

For starters, it might give some copy cat idiots ideas, and show that you only have to create something that looks sinister to get such a huge game called off!

siw2007

As someone who was at the game, I am relieved that us fans were in no way under threat. But what is interesting is that it wasn't just any ordinary bag left around but actually had something unusual in it. There perpetrators were perhaps looking for a reaction as opposed to an honest mistake.

Hope there is a further inquest into how this came about.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Deserve a huge fine as a sensible option.
And left in a room with people who made huge drives in a less sensible, but more satisfactory option.
I don't think a huge fine is sensible. I think jail time would be and we might be talking about a group of people. I just don't think a fine is severe enough. We're talking about something that (surprise) has political consequences. It has freedom consequences. What is the intent? Because I don't buy this being anything other then politically motivated. I just don't see the motivation for anyone to do this. A prank? "Oh you rascal"? Not really in this day an age and if it's something that looks realistic, then it's someone/people who know what they are doing to make something fake look real.

We've seen a lot of bad behavior recently. I'm wondering if they found a passport lol. Maybe a bible, who knows?

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would imagine health and safety states you have to have a certain amount of toilets per person, might not be allowable as strange as it sounds.

you never really know, but I do doubt they would tell the truth. Surely the police would be able to tell if it was just a fake? And if it was a fake why is somebody doing that? I worry it's a dummy run to see how the authorities react. It's a scary proposition for the euros.

Hopefully it's just some idiotic scouser who thought it would be hilarious.
Being in the toilets, presumably a cubicle, unfortunately it's got to be pretty unlikely they'll find the person responsible.
Unless someone was looking incredibly shifty entering or leaving, or if they went straight down the steps as if to leave straight after.

But if it was a hoax they wouldn't bother.

And if it was a hoax, who the hell would go to the trouble of doing this, wasting their own time as well. Insane.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
at least the megastore sales wouldn't have been affected as much. Presumably vast majority of their sales are pre kick off?

But the rest is a real ahole.

For starters, it might give some copy cat idiots ideas, and show that you only have to create something that looks sinister to get such a huge game called off!
Aye, shouldn't be affected today, but if they reschedule the game to an empty arena, that's a day of missed potential sales.

It's fecking horrific, pricks will be trying this all over now.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If it indeed a hoax, then I'm relieved but still incredibly annoyed. I feel sorry for those who paid their good money to get there today from wherever. But also, it's just a nuisance to having to play this game with the FA Cup final around the corner.

Hopefully they revise the feck out of the CCTV footage and just hope it's really obvious who caused it.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
If they find the culprit(s) they need to be given a very heavy sentence. I'd give them 10yrs, make an example of them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think a huge fine is sensible. I think jail time would be and we might be talking about a group of people. I just don't think a fine is severe enough. We're talking about something that (surprise) has political consequences. It has freedom consequences. What is the intent? Because I don't buy this being anything other then politically motivated. I just don't see the motivation for anyone to do this.
I think they'll do well to find who did it, so most likely there will be no punishment.

Toilets tend to be the one place you can't police, due to privacy laws. You can put a steward in there, but unless they're going to check a cubicle after every use (a horrible prospect knowing football fans) how would it work.

I wonder how they came to find this. Did some fan report it?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
The word hoax doesn't mean it was a joke. Every chance it was a threat.

saivet

Being in the toilets, presumably a cubicle, unfortunately it's got to be pretty unlikely they'll find the person responsible.
Unless someone was looking incredibly shifty entering or leaving, or if they went straight down the steps as if to leave straight after.

But if it was a hoax they wouldn't bother.

And if it was a hoax, who the hell would go to the trouble of doing this, wasting their own time as well. Insane.
Some people do bizarre things. There was that fella who had a fake bomb strapped to him on the plan not too long ago, in an attempt to speak to his ex wife, or some nonsense like this.

Also, where I work. Someone in the public decided to plant a suspicious looking packing within the area of a public space in order to test security.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
IF they found a real bomb, is there any obligation for the club or the police to actually state as such - are they breaking any laws if they don't?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Aye, shouldn't be affected today, but if they reschedule the game to an empty arena, that's a day of missed potential sales.

It's fecking horrific, pricks will be trying this all over now.
That's the worry. Now, no-one knows how this device looked, but will random twats just start copycatting, and leaving any old sh!T hanging around to see if they can do the same.
I'd have been so gutted to go all that way and not see a game, and I know some people do even further trips, or even from abroad. Horrible.