Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYAS

Fabinho has a 40m release clause, Mendy was approx 30m, Barca bid 50m for Dembele already, they would surely accept 60-80m for a young player they only bought for 12m last year.
What they bought him for is irrelevant when you have someone with his potential. This isn't the stock market, they'll be wanting to sell at a price given his talent and contract length at the time. When you have Mbappé in the range of 120m then Ousmane should be at the very least going for around that amount when he does leave.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What they bought him for is irrelevant when you have someone with his potential. This isn't the stock market, they'll be wanting to sell at a price given his talent and contract length at the time. When you have Mbappé in the range of 120m then Ousmane should be at the very least going for around that amount when he does leave.
They also have Pulisic and Emre Mor who plays RW, they really won't be that hard off if they sell him now.

NYAS

They also have Pulisic and Emre Mor who plays RW, they really won't be that hard off if they sell him now.
They have zero reason to sell him now. The new coach wants to get off to a great start, he would want to continue his development, the World Cup is coming next summer and he's starting to burst onto the scene for his national team.

There's no reason at all for him to move this summer, from his perspective and the Dortmund's. Unless the club can't wait to get the money and he can't wait to get higher wages, both of which will still happen anyway down the line and probably even more if they wait.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Just buy.

If we are going to be in the elite again, we need to make some punts on the worlds best youngsters imo.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We saw the same thing when Zizou retired too, Titi couldn't really lead this team much less Evra - it's the perennial issue with Les Bleus, leadership

Of course, most French I know think the coaches are to blame as they don't have any faith in the youth and play mind numbingly boring football - this is supported by the fact that despite all the great talent out there, not a lot of great French coaches
Zidane was the technical leader but the motivational players were others (Deschamps, Desailly, Thuram) etc..). France has always had problems finding players who were true leaders on the field.

red thru&thru

I thought we already had too many inconsistent attacking youngsters within our squad, why add another? If next year we are where we expect to be, have won the PL or atleast come very close, that is when a signing like this would make sense.

davidmichael

No chance. Those 3 at current market rates would be £200m minimum.
Fabinho has constantly been valued at £35-£40 million for as long as I can remember, Mendy is said to have a £40 million price on his head which put City off and Dembele at £80 million is £160 million. They'll obviously be outgoing transfers and we're already saving £600K a week without Schweinsteiger and Zlatan not too mention Rooney probably going which is another £300K a week as well as the £40 million brought in from Schneiderlin and Depay in January.

NYAS

Fabinho has constantly been valued at £35-£40 million for as long as I can remember, Mendy is said to have a £40 million price on his head which put City off and Dembele at £80 million is £160 million. They'll obviously be outgoing transfers and we're already saving £600K a week without Schweinsteiger and Zlatan not too mention Rooney probably going which is another £300K a week as well as the £40 million brought in from Schneiderlin and Depay in January.
The point of my post is that Dembele will not go for 80m in any world.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The point of my post is that Dembele will not go for 80m in any world.
If it's pounds then I think that ought to do it. It's not just about the money though, like Mbappe, he would need assurances that he will be a starter.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If it's pounds then I think that ought to do it. It's not just about the money though, like Mbappe, he would need assurances that he will be a starter.
I dont think that would be a problem. That right hand side is all his.

Mainoldo

I thought we already had too many inconsistent attacking youngsters within our squad, why add another? If next year we are where we expect to be, have won the PL or atleast come very close, that is when a signing like this would make sense.
This. Would love him here but this isn't Fergie's United. We have to get our team in check.

Enigma_87

You know who
Given our wingers form last year think he's pretty much nailed on starter, despite still being young.

NYAS

No chance. Willing to place a bet on it.

stepic

no chance Dortmund sells for £80m when they've been hearing the money being bandied about for Mbappe, particularly when they don't need to sell and the player seems happy to stay.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why would Dortmund sell now, when he doesn't want to leave, has a long term contract, is an integral part of their team and barring massive injuries his price will likely only go up.
And why would he want to join United? Dortmund is the perfect place for him to develop and mid to long term he seems destined to join one of the Spanish clubs.

prtk0811

This. Would love him here but this isn't Fergie's United. We have to get our team in check.
But united will keep running on his principles. We turn young players to world beaters who have it in them.

And united should never change.

Mainoldo

But united will keep running on his principles. We turn young players to world beaters who have it in them.

And united should never change.
Rashford, Martial. How about we try and work on them.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No chance. Willing to place a bet on it.
Well, I'm not sure why you're so confident given that there's reports he has been priced at £79m by Dortmund. I agree with every one else that he will most likely stay because he's happy in Dortmund, he's got time on his side to develop, etc. However, money talks and if there ever was a time to get him before his fee balloons up to something maybe even beyond what we're hearing for Mbappe, the time is now.

NYAS

Well, I'm not sure why you're so confident given that there's reports he has been priced at £79m by Dortmund. I agree with every one else that he will most likely stay because he's happy in Dortmund, he's got time on his side to develop, etc. However, money talks and if there ever was a time to get him before his fee balloons up to something maybe even beyond what we're hearing for Mbappe, the time is now.
I've already explained why I'm so confident about it. Dortmund aren't homeless desperate beggars out on the street! They're a part of this crazy football market, the guy is the most talented under-24 footballer in the world. Why would they not insist on a world record fee?

beingshe7don

Without even reaching his highest potential, I can safely say that he's one of the top 4 wingers in the world. The guy quick, tricky, two-footed and his finishing isn't that bad either. He would walk into our line-up without any issues. Martial/ Mhiki/ Lingard/ Rashford and Mata are definitely not better or equal to this guy. 60M for this guy would be good and we could charge Real 100M when they come knocking in 3-4 years.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Without even reaching his highest potential, I can safely say that he's one of the top 4 wingers in the world. The guy quick, tricky, two-footed and his finishing isn't that bad either. He would walk into our line-up without any issues. Martial/ Mhiki/ Lingard/ Rashford and Mata are definitely not better or equal to this guy. 60M for this guy would be good and we could charge Real 100M when they come knocking in 3-4 years.
60m aint gonna buy you 1 of the 2 best prospects in Europe in todays market.

prtk0811

Yes we are. Which is why Dembele is probably getting overlooked by a club like us right now. We need to give those to a platform to grow, whilst showing we back them.
Dembele plays right wing, not similar positions.

stepic

Why the interest in this thread, we being linked or what?
nope, just another pointless transfer thread for someone who's not interested in coming and who plays for a team not interested in selling.

but just watch it climb to 40 pages by the end of the summer.

djdhrubs

Why the interest in this thread, we being linked or what?
Running on hope after a couple of good moments in yesterday's game. Then again I thought the same about the Pogba thread last summer until stuff started actually happening!

eggwithsideburns

I wish we would go all in and try to buy him. He is the type of player we should be after but I'm not sure if he is a Mourinho type. We should be signing this calibre of player though.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was at the Euros but really isn't anymore. Just need to watch matches to see it with your own eyes
Pogba and Griezmann are a class above anything in the French side. Dembele and Mbappe could run them close soon but as it stands these 2 guys (Pogba and Griezmann) are the stars just now.

beingshe7don

Yes we are. Which is why Dembele is probably getting overlooked by a club like us right now. We need to give those to a platform to grow, whilst showing we back them.
As you can tell, we are already after a winger in the form of Perisic (atleast what the media has said), so why not Dembele. Rashford is not a winger and he will be used as a forward along with Morata since Zlatan and Rooney won't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.