Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

And this was precisely my rationale and approach last season for selling Neymar when many wouldn't have considered it. It's so good for all involved but especially the club, that's the downside too as surely it'll give some oxygen to Bartomeu

He will fight for this shirt and really capture our imagination in ways only the most unique talents can - we're lucky honestly, even Les Bleus will especially profit from this union
You should sell Messi instead of Neymar.

Lyricist

Every single club bar the top 5 in the world or bar those with money injections are selling clubs then. You're acting like this is some god given destiny. Actually it probably is for you? Barca, chosen by the gods to pick up any and all players they want in order to save the football world from the bad clubs.

0161_UNITED

La Liga is not Barca. That's obvious. Separate entities. Barca's FFP complaint is normal. Every club should complain about that when a club dribbles all rules regarding financial fair play with ease.

That's your definition of Barca moaning and bitching? Something La Liga did, who is run by a Madrid fan (Tebas), and a logical FFP complaint?
A few things, you're right that Barca is not La Liga. As I know there's no proof that Barca pressured La Liga to act. You can understand why people might suspect that, though it's all conspiracy theory passed off as fact on here.

However, Barca'a FFP complaint is most certainly not normal. It's the first time I remember any club complaining to UEFA about FFP over a transfer.

Finally, Barca is apparently suing over breach of contract. It's not unfair to consider that moaning. It's also a bit rich since both Dembele and Coutinho have apparently gone on strike to force transfers. It's the modus operandi of unsettling players, and having them force their way out of clubs that leaves a bad taste. Suarez, Ronaldo, etc. it's certainly not Madrid and Barca that employ such tactics, and United are no angels, but it seems to be standard operating procedure for Barca. That's why people revel in the karma. Also, United and Pool didn't sue over Ronaldo or Suarez, doesn't look like Dortmund will over Dembele either. That's why it looks like sour grapes.

However, I think people should be careful before they revel too much. City and PSG are practically owned by nation states, Liepzeig seem to benefitting from support of a major multinational company. We'll see what Bayern fans will have to say if Liepzeig start winning the Bundesliga. Imagine if the Saudi Royal family bought Espanyol and start spending billions. That's the reality United fans have had to live with since the noisy neighbours got bought by Abu Dhabi. That's why you'll not find much sympathy here.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
On paper they have Gotze, Kagawa, Reus, Schurrle, Philipp, Pulisic, Isak and Aubameyang as offensive options. I think they're fine for now and will give Pulisic even more chances to shine.
Kagawa, Götze, Isak and Aubameyang aren't wide players though.. Reus, Schürrle, Philipp and Pulisic are their options for the flanks (maybe Guerreiro, but he's only played as a L(W)B and CM for them and they'll need him as a competitor/cover for Schmelzer). Reus is out for 2017, Schürrle is currently injured and hasn't really worked out for them, Philipp just joined them from Freiburg and his style is nothing like Dembele's.
I think they'll sign another youngster, someone who can create some space and disorder with silky dribblings. Because right now Pulisic is the only one who comes close to that description.
Watzke basically said as much during their press conference.

That's actually one thing Barca fans should worry about. Tuchel gave Dembele all the offensive and defensive freedom in the world at Dortmund and put a rather limited workhorse (Durm) beside/behind him to cover for him. I can't imagine it will be the same at Barca, where guys like Messi and Suarez probably won't be as happy to do the work for him and watch while he goes on solo runs that don't always pan out.

Last edited:

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
A few things, you're right that Barca is not La Liga. As I know there's no proof that Barca pressured La Liga to act. You can understand why people might suspect that, though it's all conspiracy theory passed off as fact on here.

However, Barca'a FFP complaint is most certainly not normal. It's the first time I remember any club complaining to UEFA about FFP over a transfer.

Finally, Barca is apparently suing over breach of contract. It's not unfair to consider that moaning. It's also a it rich since both Dembele and Coutinho have apparently gone on strike to force transfers. It's the modus operandi of unsettling players, and having them force their way out of clubs that leaves a bad taste. Suarez, Ronaldo, etc. it's certainly not Madrid and Barca that employ such tactics, and United are no angels, but it seems to be standard operating procedure for Barca. That's why people revel in the karma. Also, United and Pool didn't sue over Ronaldo or Suarez, doesn't look like Dortmund will over Dembele either. That's why it looks like sour grapes.

However, I think people should be careful before they revel too much. City and PSG are practically owned by nation states, Liepzeig seem to benefitting from support of a major multinational company. We'll see what Bayern fans will have to say if Liepzeig start winning the Bundesliga. Imagine if the Saudi Royal family bought Espanyol and start spending billions. That's the reality United fans have had to live with since the noisy neighbours got bought by Abu Dhabi. That's why you'll not find much sympathy here.
First, there is no connection between what La Liga does and what Barca does. So that part is pure fabrication. Pure fabrication.

No club has ever filed a FFP complaint because no other club paid that much money on a single transfer. PSG can't keep getting away with this. Not moaning. PSG is clearly making a fool out of UEFA and their bullshit FFP rules. Barca are right to be worried about PSG's finces and their shady deals with Qatar.

There is no link between Coutinho and Dembele's actions and Barca. They could very well be pissed off at their own clubs and how they are treating them. Who knows?

Neymar and his dad took some money as a loyalty bonus. Nobody knows what the money were for, maybe Neymar needs to return the money as per his contract with Barca.

The issue is that as soon as there is the slightest rumor anti-Barca, a lot of people's minds get activated. No matter if the rumor ends up being true or not, or if it is backed with some sort of evidence or not, that's what most people will end up believing anyway.

0161_UNITED

First, there is no connection between what La Liga does and what Barca does. So that part is pure fabrication. Pure fabrication.
Erm, I just said exactly the same thing.

No club has ever filed a FFP complaint because no other club paid that much money on a single transfer. PSG can't keep getting away with this. Not moaning. PSG is clearly making a fool out of UEFA and their bullshit FFP rules. Barca are right to be worried about PSG's finces and their shady deals with Qatar.
...and that's why I said it's not "normal" as you said it was ...

There is no link between Coutinho and Dembele's actions and Barca. They could very well be pissed off at their own clubs and how they are treating them. ho knows?
Oh, please. That is just an astonishing attempt to deflect. They went on strike because Barcelona has interest in them, and this the usual thing that happens when Barcelona unsettle a player from a club that don't want to sell.

Neymar and his dad took some money as a loyalty bonus. Nobody knows what those money were for, maybe Neymar needs to return those money as per his contract with Barca.
That's why Neymar is suing Barca for the money Barca withheld. Barca is reportedly suing for breach of contract. In both cases, it can be interpreted as sour grapes.

The issue is that as soon as there is the slightest rumor anti Barca, a lot of people's mind gets activated. No matter if the rumor ends up being true or not, or if it is backed with some sort of evidence or not, that's what most people will end up believing anyway.
Don't disagree, but you've also made some dubious arguments, to say the least.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Oh, please. That is just an astonishing attempt to deflect. They went on strike because Barcelona has interest in them, and this the usual thing that happens when Barcelona unsettle a player from a club that don't want to sell.
I see, so you're implying that Barca is at fault for being a big club and making players want to play for them? Or are you implying someone from Barca told Dembele and Coutinho to refuse to show up in trainings?

Because the second one has no proof whatsoever. Maybe Dembele and Coutinho would love to play for Barca and this is why they tried to put pressure on their clubs. Seems perfectly logical to me.

0161_UNITED

I see, so you're implying that Barca is at fault for being a big club and making players want to play for them? Or are you implying someone from Barca told Dembele and Coutinho to refuse to show up in trainings?

Because the second one has no proof whatsoever. Maybe Dembele and Coutinho would love to play for Barca and this is why they tried to put pressure on their clubs. Seems perfectly logical to me.
Nope. You missed my point, again.

Barca are reportedly suing because of Neymar's breach of contract. Some will interpret that, as well as withholding his bonus, as sour grapes and moaning. While I agreed with you that there is no proof of a link between La Liga's complaint and Barca currently, it is, shall we say, odd. Certainly, Barca's complaint to UEFA is unprecedented, and could also be considered sour grapes.

And it's all a bit rich when two players Barca are interested in, Coutinho and Dembele basically went on strike, which actually is a breach of contract, by the way, and you want to paint Barca's actions regarding Neymar as benevolent and righteous and worthy of sympathy and dismiss what's happening with Dembele and Coutinho as mere coincidence. If Pool and Dortmund file suit against Barca would that not be sour grapes and moaning? Would that be a noble cause?

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Nope. You missed my point, again.

Barca are reportedly suing because of Neymar's breach of contract. Some will interpret that, as well as withholding his bonus, as sour grapes and moaning. While I agreed with you that there is no proof of a link between La Liga's complaint and Barca currently, it is, shall we say, odd. Certainly, Barca's complaint to UEFA is unprecedented, and could also be considered sour grapes.

And it's all a bit rich when two players Barca are interested in, Coutinho and Dembele basically went on strike, which actually is a breach of contract, mind, by the way, and you want to paint Barca's actions regarding Neymar as benevolent and righteous and worthy of sympathy and dismiss what's happening with Dembele and Coutinho as mere coincidence. If Pool and Dortmund file suit against Barca would that not be sour grapes and moaning? Would that be a noble cause?
What Coutinho and Dembele do or did is down on them. Strictly on them. How can Dortmund or Liverpool suit Barca without any kind of proof or any kind of information about Barca being the 'architect' of their behaviour? Doesn't make sense. It's just fan talk. Some players go awol and Barca is automatically behind this. Please...

Basically you can interpret anything. That's the whole point. Everything that can be interpreted here is by default being interpreted in a way which makes Barca the villain trying to hurt the other teams, while the other teams are the victims. Even though reasonable explanations can be found, just as well, in favor of Barca. And as soon as there is some other opinion being spoken by some other user, not even a Barca fan, people jump on him straight away. Getting really stupid and really tiresome after a while.

Shady

If Pogba, Martial, Dembele and Mbappe develop as expected France will dominate world football like Spain did for a while.

Zoo

He's a special talent worth overpaying for if necessary.

Coutinho on the other hand is mental.

TsuWave

will flop and end up at United in 2 years where he will regain his form and become a world beater :drool:

0161_UNITED

What Coutinho and Dembele do or did is down on them. Strictly on them. How can Dortmund or Liverpool suit Barca without any kind of proof or any kind of information about Barca being the 'architect' of their behaviour? Doesn't make sense. It's just fan talk. Some players go awol and Barca is automatically behind this. Please...
I'm not arguing with you on this anymore. You don't see any connection at all and want to stick your head in the sand, that's fine. You have absolutely no bloody proof Barca isn't in fact architecting their strikes, by the way. Nobody on this forum knows. You been in the war room in the Camp Nou lately? How, exactly, do you know it was down to players and solely the players? You don't, mate. Your club could be up all sorts of sinister activity. What if Neymar was nothing but a sweet angel who just happened to have his release clause and suddenly decided to leave and everything PSG and Neymar did was all above board, and this lawsuit Barca filed, and complaint is totally unjustified. That's just as unlikely as your club having no bearing on what's happened with Coutinho and Dembele.

Basically you can interpret anything. That's the whole point. Everything that can be interpreted here is by default being interpreted in a way which makes Barca the villain trying to hurt the other teams, while the other teams are the victims. Even though reasonable explanations can be found, just as well, in favor of Barca. And as soon as there is some other opinion being spoken by some other user, not even a Barca fan, people jump on him straight away. Getting really stupid and really tiresome after a while.
I am actually somewhat sympathetic, but I don't think you can see that there a perception, and underlying that probably evidence, that Barca are no angels. As I said previously, you're on a United forum. City, our local rival, is basically like having PSG sitting on our doorstep. You won't get any sympathy from us, and we certainly don't view your club as the angels you're making them out to be.

Last edited:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

It's not just fan talk.

BVB CEO Watzke himself openly confirmed he thinks Barca instigated Dembélé to his behaviour. When asked about it, he said: "On a Wednesday, we meet with Barcelona representatives, and it's obvious that we are miles apart. On Thursday, it so happens Ousmane doesn't appear to training.. the chronology is pretty striking" and "one needs to talk about the role of the glorious FC Barcelona in this- you don't really believe that a 20 year old would decide to not attend training anymore without the blessing of his potential new club?".

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fu...elona-im-zuge-der-dembele-posse-15159803.html

Also, he publicly denounced your DoF for claiming to the media after the Supercup debacle that a Dembélé transfer was "very close", saying that "it's inexplicable what Segura is talking. The only explanation is that maybe Real's game made them dizzy in their heads".

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...reift-barc3a7a-manager-an.html#omfeaturednews

There's no doubt your reputation has heavily suffered, not just among fans but among colleagues.
In fact, your club has antagonized pretty much everyone they have dealt with this summer. Now even Seri and Nice. Congrats!

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
It's not just fan talk.

BVB CEO Watzke himself openly confirmed he thinks Barca instigated Dembélé to his behaviour. When asked about it, he said: "On a Wednesday, we meet with Barcelona representatives, and it's obvious that we are miles apart. On Thursday, it so happens Ousmane doesn't appear to training.. the chronology is pretty striking" and "one needs to talk about the role of the glorious FC Barcelona in this- you don't really believe that a 20 year old would decide to not attend training anymore without the blessing of his potential new club?".

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fu...elona-im-zuge-der-dembele-posse-15159803.html

Also, he publicly denounced your DoF for claiming to the media after the Supercup debacle that a Dembélé transfer was "very close", saying that "it's inexplicable what Segura is talking. The only explanation is that maybe Real's game made them dizzy in their heads".

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...reift-barc3a7a-manager-an.html#omfeaturednews

There's no doubt your reputation has heavily suffered, not just among fans but among colleagues.
In fact, your club has antagonized pretty much everyone they have dealt with this summer. Now even Seri and Nice. Congrats!
Watzke is speculating himself there, even says it. That's a pretty serious accusation to make without any evidence. As for antagonizing teams, that's normal, considering every team right now tries to get paid thinking money floats in the air and everyone is loaded. Barca instead tries to negociate the price. If that antagonizes the relation between the teams, then so be it.

I'm curious how did Barca antagonize Nice? At best they made an offer that was too low and Nice didn't accept. End of the negotiations and moving on. Player is probably upset that the deal didn't go through, but that's life. Not everyone who wants to play for Barca gets to actually do it.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Watzke is speculating himself there, even even says it himself. As for antagonizing teams, that's normal, considering every team right now tries to get paid thinking money floats in the air and everyone is loaded.
This is the age we live in, someone say something they think without anything tangible to support it and it's fact. Only fact is this board is a disaster, doesn't mean a player refusing to train to push a move only does so when Barcelona ask to do it - it's been going on before Barcelona and will continue after.

Like I've said before, BVB have some cheek in the end - everything about the deal dating back with Rennes was shady already and they made a killer profit on a player that has openly been a fan of Barcelona. People forget but the player himself turned down a move before Dortmund because he knew it was too soon and he'd rarely play. As soon as Neymar is out the door, of course a player with ambition and love for the club is going to do whatever in their power to make it happen. This isn't a player going to make 4-5 fold more than their salary through endorsements and hotel chains, he's coming to play with Messi and wear blaugrana

Benvingut crack

stepic

FML. €120M+30M for a 20 yo who has achieved zilch yet. This silly season has gone bonkers.

L - Lionel
O - Ousmane
L - Luis
He was always going to go for around this amount. He's one of the best young players in the world. £97m is about right for him given this transfer window. Particularly when Dortmund know Barca have the cash in the bank.

MadMike

Personally, I think Barca got mugged. But I guess time will tell. Huge huge expectation and weight on a young lad's shoulders.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Watzke is speculating himself there, even says it. That's a pretty serious accusation to make without any evidence. As for antagonizing teams, that's normal, considering every team right now tries to get paid thinking money floats in the air and everyone is loaded. Barca instead tries to negociate the price. If that antagonizes the relation between the teams, then so be it.

I'm curious how did Barca antagonize Nice? At best they made an offer that was too low and Nice didn't accept. End of the negotiations and moving on. Player is probably upset that the deal didn't go through, but that's life. Not everyone who wants to play for Barca gets to actually do it.
The offer was very fair, Nice was just too greedy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Barca are a bunch of clowns :lol: Talk about burning money from the biggest transfer ever. Paulinho first, Dembelé as the world's second most expensive player :houllier:

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
I'm not arguing with you on this anymore. You don't see any connection at all and want to stick your head in the sand, that's fine. You have absolutely no bloody proof Barca isn't in fact architecting their strikes, by the way. Nobody on this forum knows. You been in the war room in the Bernabeu lately? How, exactly, do you know it was down to players and solely the players? You don't, mate. Your club could be up all sorts of sinister activity. What if Neymar was nothing but a sweet angel who just happened to have his release clause and suddenly decided to leave and everything PSG and Neymar did was all above board, and this lawsuit Barca filed, and complaint is totally unjustified. That's just as unlikely as your club having no bearing on what's happened with Coutinho and Dembele.
I don't have to produce any proof that Barca isn't behind Dembele and Coutinho's actions, with missing trainings and such. It's the one who makes an accusation who has to produce some kind of evidence, otherwise it's all trash talk and speculations. Which it is in this case.

If Dortmund knew anything they would have made a complaint at UEFA, and the issue would be judged accordingly by some disciplinary board. But, again, it's all trash talk for fans who believe anything they want to believe.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
This is the age we live in, someone say something they think without anything tangible to support it and it's fact. Only fact is this board is a disaster, doesn't mean a player refusing to train to push a move only does so when Barcelona ask to do it - it's been going on before Barcelona and will continue after.
How more tangible, than the actual guy most closely involved in the negotiations, do you think it's going to get?
And what kind of silly defense is this, that it's been going on before and will continue after? We're not talking about that, we are talking about what Barca did.
"In my defense, my wife is not the first wife to get murdered by her husband and won't be the last! Not every murdered wife was killed by me!"

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Like I've said before, BVB have some cheek in the end - everything about the deal dating back with Rennes was shady already and they made a killer profit on a player that has openly been a fan of Barcelona. People forget but the player himself turned down a move before Dortmund because he knew it was too soon and he'd rarely play. As soon as Neymar is out the door, of course a player with ambition and love for the club is going to do whatever in their power to make it happen. This isn't a player going to make 4-5 fold more than their salary through endorsements and hotel chains, he's coming to play with Messi and wear blaugrana

Benvingut crack
Is their anything tangible about the Dembele signing for Dortmund being shady? Or people just taking the fact that Rennes' owner is the CEO of Puma and Dortmund are sponsored by Puma and are running with it?

Giggsyking

Barcelona and real Madrid are master teams in unsettling and tapping players. They do that because they have unlimited protection from spanish FA.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
How more tangible, than the actual guy most closely involved in the negotiations, do you think it's going to get?
And what kind of silly defense is this, that it's been going on before and will continue after? We're not talking about that, we are talking about what Barca did.
"In my defense, my wife is not the first wife to get murdered by her husband and won't be the last! Not every murdered wife was killed by me!"
Well, Barca were involved in the negotiations and I'm sure that if you asked them they would've said they didn't ask Dembele to go on strike.

0161_UNITED

Well, Barca were involved in the negotiations and I'm sure that if you asked them they would've said they didn't ask Dembele to go on strike.
They're not going to self-incriminate? How noble.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Where's the link? Being in a negotiation does not make you privy to what occurs outside the negotiation. He can speculate just as you or I can

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Case closed, then. :lol: :lol:
It's worth about as much as Watzke saying he finds something suspicious. Nothing. Barca guilty of asking Dembele to go on strike? File a complaint at UEFA and suspend them from making transfers. But of course there's nothing in it. Everyone saying what they suspect and nobody knowing shit.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Typical Barca, lowball a club, make a player go on strike. Eventually secure him with a load of bollocks add-ons then immediately slap a massive buy out clause onto him.
€400M, and they've paid €100. Either they're massively overestimating his future worth, or admitting they've mugged Dortmund off, having to sell him because of the unrest it's caused.

I know this happens in all of football (VVD being a prime example at my club - which I don't agree with at all) but Barca really do leave a sour taste in the mouth with their methods. I'd love to see them do an AC Milan and capitulate soon.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Barca are a bunch of clowns :lol: Talk about burning money from the biggest transfer ever. Paulinho first, Dembelé as the world's second most expensive player :houllier:
Paulinho was frankly bizarre. Time will tell I guess, but can't shake the feeling that this summer will cripple some clubs within five years.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can we call them LOL instead? Lionel, Ousmane, Luis.

coolredwine

lameredboots
He was always going to go for around this amount. He's one of the best young players in the world. £97m is about right for him given this transfer window. Particularly when Dortmund know Barca have the cash in the bank.
That doesn't justify anything. Balotelli, Wilshere and Adnan were amongst the best young players at one time also.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think Barcelona have been mugged and Pool will likely mug them off too.

Dembele has talent, but he's never struck me as a potential world beater personally. I could be wrong obviously. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.