Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_de_pologne

Would rather have Sarr than Dembele. Didn't we learn anything by now from Di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao, Schweinsteiger etc. deals? Doesn't want to be here, catastrophic injury record, high wages, poor mentality, just no chance it will work out well.

cyberman

guys, if he's a diligent player who's not riddled by injuries, he's not going to be available for loan or cost 45m.
It's a high risk, high reward gamble. I'd say feck it. Let's roll the dice and get him on loan. Forget Sancho this summer
I agree. Look at Thiagos injury record and tell me he wasnt worth the gamble.

M Utd

I'm not sure either way on this one. If its him or Sancho them I'm for Sancho. If its him or no-one and its a loan then it migbt be worth the risk. I've looked at the injury record which doesn't make pretty reading but we did have a lad called Ryan something on our books. He had terrible time with handstring injuries early on in his career. From what I hear he did quite well considering.

He'sRaldo

The way people regard Dembele currently ie. 'injury prone with attitude issues' could easily be Sancho in a few years if he makes the wrong transfer like Dembele did.

Also, the way that the way people regard Sancho right now was how they regarded Dembele a few years ago. Realistically Dembele was regarded even higher than Sancho, on Mbappe level.

I think if we can help him solve his issues he'd be a top transfer, a transformative one. We'd have to do a bit of work, but then that's why he'd cost under 100+ million. I hope it actually happens.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would rather have Sarr than Dembele. Didn't we learn anything by now from Di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao, Schweinsteiger etc. deals? Doesn't want to be here, catastrophic injury record, high wages, poor mentality, just no chance it will work out well.
Dembele is thrice the player though. Why do we want players who lack ability?

StonedhamsterZA

If this rumour is in fact true, and there's this transfer merry-go-round of Dembele to us and Depay to Barca, I can't help but wonder why we aren't looking at bringing Depay back to United.

I know Koeman is trying to make the Dutch connection there, but still, is Dembele THAT much better an option than Depay?

Redcy

Bayern just won the Treble with two loanees, Coutinho and Perisic, playing big parts. Being on loan makes no difference to a player's motivation. All players want the same thing: to enjoy their football and win games

Ole has to decide? It's not football manager. Ole doesn't decide the whole direction of the club. Do you think we'd have signed just one player so far if he did? The club may have decided Sancho's too expensive and decided on Dembele as a stop gap. IMO, if you are Ole, you take that over nothing.

Loan with obligation to buy if Dembele plays 45 games. There's the deal.
no way barca offer that, he has never ever played that many games in a season. In fact I don’t think he has played that many games in two years.

I'm not sure either way on this one. If its him or Sancho them I'm for Sancho. If its him or no-one and its a loan then it migbt be worth the risk. I've looked at the injury record which doesn't make pretty reading but we did have a lad called Ryan something on our books. He had terrible time with handstring injuries early on in his career. From what I hear he did quite well considering.
Ryan didn’t suffer from regular hamstring injuries he would get bad injuries and be out for long periods, then play for extended periods.

Amerifan

If this rumour is in fact true, and there's this transfer merry-go-round of Dembele to us and Depay to Barca, I can't help but wonder why we aren't looking at bringing Depay back to United.

I know Koeman is trying to make the Dutch connection there, but still, is Dembele THAT much better an option than Depay?
Memphis didn’t want to be here. Doubt anything has changed.

Red_toad

Took up yoga and really looked after his fitness. Is certainly doable, but requires a lot of dedication and motivation.
I’m fine with Dembele on loan and see how he goes. Hopefully Martial and Pogba can get him to get his head down and unleash his full potential!

Last edited:

Redcy

Loan deals do not just cost wages. Barca will expect around 15-20 million as a loan fee

Pav1878

Took up yoga and really looked after his fitness. Is certainly doable, but requires a lot of dedication and motivation.
Mum fine with Dembele on loan and see how he goes. Hopefully Martial and Pogba can get him to get his head down and unleash his full potential!
I'm glad your mum is on board with this signing

Redcy

Mum fine with Dembele on loan and see how he goes. Hopefully Martial and Pogba can get him to get his head down and unleash his full potential!
Yeah because martial and pogba are definitely not at all flaky

redpatron

people are crying too much about his laziness and attitude. We had to deal with the same things with Luke Shaw being out of shape, playing video games and drinking into early morning and giving minimal effort on match days. We had issues with DDG and Martial as well, these guys mature and make better decisions when they get older.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Outstanding window. Even if Dembele is only half times match ready.
It's a miracle if he'd be match ready that frequently.

Dembele is thrice the player though. Why do we want players who lack ability?
Why would we want players who can't get on the pitch? Also even when fit does Dembele automatically bench Greenwood? Not necessarily in my opinion, because he will need to gain match rhythm, which is hugely presumptious if he will.

Red_toad

no way barca offer that, he has never ever played that many games in a season. In fact I don’t think he has played that many games in two years.

Ryan didn’t suffer from regular hamstring injuries he would get bad injuries and be out for long periods, then play for extended periods.
He did suffer a lot of hamstring issues. Not sure where you get your information from, but it’s wrong.

RYAN GIGGS, FOOTBALLER ‘I started yoga at the age of 29 or 30 because I kept getting hamstring injuries. I spoke to the doctors and the physios at the club and I said I wanted to do everything I could to change it. Yoga had a big effect and it helped me carry on playing until I was 40. It works not just your hamstrings, groin and quads but also your calves, glutes, lower back, neck, sides and core. It helps to prevent injuries and makes you more supple and flexible. That’s why I still do it today.’

gajender

We need somebody to play on the wings Depay can't play there unfortunately while Dembele may not be the answer due to his injuries but he is still quite productive whenever he is fit. Talent wise Depay isn't in the same league.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This 'Dembele doesn't want to be here' thing, is it actually based on anything or did one random journo claim it then numerous others regurgitated the claim?

Similarly...
Memphis didn’t want to be here. Doubt anything has changed.
Since when? To this day Memphis regularly posts Man Utd stuff and is obviously still a fan. He just wasn't good enough at the time and it wasn't working out so both parties were better off with him going. Not that he'd be the right player for us to bring in.

Castia

Ive seen some shite put on the United shirt down the years and Memphis is at the top of that list. Fecking dreadful for us, in the end he generally couldn’t make a 3 yard pass without messing it up. No thanks.

GoldanoGraham

His rejection of Liverpool might have less to do with his undying love for Barca and more to do with not wanting to play second fiddle to Salah and Mane. At United, if fit and ready, the RW is his.
We have Pogba and Martial - that would be a bigger pull for him as he looks like the type of personality that needs to be surrounded with familiarity and people that would put their arm around him......could work out fantastically well.

Also, regarding his injuries, Utd have plenty of players that are very fast and therefore probably train these guys in ways that ensure that their hamstrings get looked after maybe better than at Barca who’ve had quite an abysmal injury record in recent times.....strange that he didn’t have these injury problems at BvB in a much colder climate - all his problems started at Barca....

still, he has got to have some desire to come and we’ve got to be able to negotiate without messing it up - which is a big ask based on this window

Redcy

He did suffer a lot of hamstring issues. Not sure where you get your information from, but it’s wrong.

RYAN GIGGS, FOOTBALLER ‘I started yoga at the age of 29 or 30 because I kept getting hamstring injuries. I spoke to the doctors and the physios at the club and I said I wanted to do everything I could to change it. Yoga had a big effect and it helped me carry on playing until I was 40. It works not just your hamstrings, groin and quads but also your calves, glutes, lower back, neck, sides and core. It helps to prevent injuries and makes you more supple and flexible. That’s why I still do it today.’
I I didn’t say he didn’t get hamstring injuries. When you look at his games though he would play for 3 - 4 months then be out for 4 weeks. Dembele barely plays for a month before being out for 5-10 games. Two different scenarios.

Castia

In the grand scheme of things his signing means no Sancho so that sucks.

In terms of a loan though I’d be all for it. His fitness is the issue but if he can stay fit he’s a quality player.

Von Mistelroum

If he stayed fit and played well then he's a very similar player to Sancho for potentially a lot less money. I'd prefer the real deal by a long way, but if it was to work out right he'd probably be the next best thing.

AJ Bullet

If we sign Cavani and this guy it will almost be like signing no-one at all.

We have lost our minds if we are seriously contemplating this.

Smores

It certainly goes against everything we're supposed to be doing in the transfer market but as a loan it'd be a great move.

I just hope we don't sign him outright because if we do we won't be getting another right winger for some time.

Redcy

We have Pogba and Martial - that would be a bigger pull for him as he looks like the type of personality that needs to be surrounded with familiarity and people that would put their arm around him......could work out fantastically well.

Also, regarding his injuries, Utd have plenty of players that are very fast and therefore probably train these guys in ways that ensure that their hamstrings get looked after maybe better than at Barca who’ve had quite an abysmal injury record in recent times.....strange that he didn’t have these injury problems at BvB in a much colder climate - all his problems started at Barca....

still, he has got to have some desire to come and we’ve got to be able to negotiate without messing it up - which is a big ask based on this window
Or like many players he has no injuries then gets one bad one. Then they have bad records of injury for years, most common in fast, twisty style players tbf

Djemba-Djemba

Because he's not good enough?

Scholsey2004

That's just plain wrong. I'm guessing you're too young to have seen the first half of his career but he had a huge amount of trouble with hamstring injuries.

kirk buttercup

He could be messi and ronaldo combined in terms of talent but he wouldn't improve us much if he is injured 40 games a season.
This is a very good point. And as I said his injury record is concerning. If he was injury free I suspect we wouldn't have a chance of signing him .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He wasn;t such a chronic crock until he got to Barca. For a cut price deal, he is worth a gamble. If we can get him fit(big if), he would be a hell of an asset.

Amethystxx

From that video, we known that, he love English football and something...chester fc.!!!

Its' full on!

Redcy

That's just plain wrong. I'm guessing you're too young to have seen the first half of his career but he had a huge amount of trouble with hamstring injuries.
I’m 46 so followed him from seeing him as a 16yo at the training ground. Like I say he had troubles with injuries which were completely different. However let’s assume you are correct (because there is no online stats I can pull), Ryan giggs never played less than 40 games a season (including internationals) until he was 35. Dembele has played 30 games in 21 months due to injuries

Untd55

The way people regard Dembele currently ie. 'injury prone with attitude issues' could easily be Sancho in a few years if he makes the wrong transfer like Dembele did.

Also, the way that the way people regard Sancho right now was how they regarded Dembele a few years ago. Realistically Dembele was regarded even higher than Sancho, on Mbappe level.

I think if we can help him solve his issues he'd be a top transfer, a transformative one. We'd have to do a bit of work, but then that's why he'd cost under 100+ million. I hope it actually happens.
Dembele was never as good as Sancho. He was completely overrated. He didn't even do all that much before his move to Barcelona; 100m was an insane amount to pay.

His best season was 12 goals and 5 assists in Ligue 1. Sancho is 17 goals and 16 assists.

Also, just because one has injury issues doesn't mean another will. Dembele has massive issues with injuries. Would be a terrible signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.