Gaming Overwatch

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I'd be up for it.

Add me, rezinator86.
only just checked this but will do later on. Overwatch is class and when I get in to it I love it. The style of play gives me a welcomed break from the other fps types.

Runner

Doomfist is incredibly fun. He just feels fun to play with his high dmg, high mobility.

Nucks

RT History Department
This was discussed some in the Pewdiepie racist thread, but since that's not really the topic of that thread, I thought I'd put this here instead.

In short, Overwatch is failing as an e-sport, pros are fleeing the game, pros on big contracts are not being paid. The whole Overwatch League is a joke to anyone with any sort of inside knowledge of what is going on. Blizzard will need to do something miraculous to turn it around.

I've been good friends with 2 guys for about a decade now, who were on the number 1 OW team for the first 6-8 months that the game had a competitive scene. I've got other friends who are old school quake era professionals from Evil Geniuses, the original EG before it was sold. They have contacts deep in the industry, and they are telling me that it's a cluster feck of epic proportions. Looks like the lid is starting to come off with the media too.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Game died for me with Mercy's rework which was actually a gigantic buff.

Absolute cnut of a character that takes no skill to succeed with it.

Dr. StrangeHate

No Overwatch 2 this year. Unfortunately there is no other game that offers team work at this level.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Anyone still play on pc? I just got back into the game. I am absolutely shit at it, but I do love it.

No Overwatch 2 this year. Unfortunately there is no other game that offers team work at this level.
Shame, and I assume with 2 being on the horizon there wont be any new content either. The teamwork has always been a bitter sweet aspect as it makes the toxicity so noticable and can actively ruin the game for you.

Dr. StrangeHate

Anyone still play on pc? I just got back into the game. I am absolutely shit at it, but I do love it.

Shame, and I assume with 2 being on the horizon there wont be any new content either. The teamwork has always been a bitter sweet aspect as it makes the toxicity so noticable and can actively ruin the game for you.
I play on PC. PM me your ID? Does anyone else play?

Chairman Steve

As someone who loves Team Fortress and it’s concept of class based combat, I initially enjoyed Overwatch since it was that. It wasnt anything innovative. It’s all been done before in TFC, Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament who did it 15 years before.

But quickly fizzled out. Their community is cringe and weird. I do like their PvE mode though and wish they made it a permanent fixture in their cycle.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Anyone tried OW2?

Not a fan of 5v5. A bunch of the old maps are gone since I last played (Hanamura, Numbani, Volskaya, Anubis). Tanks are overpowered it seems, loads of team just run 3 tanks, 2 healers.

Don't really care about the battlepass controversy since I have countless cosmetics from the first game.

b82REZ

Anyone tried OW2?

Not a fan of 5v5. A bunch of the old maps are gone since I last played (Hanamura, Numbani, Volskaya, Anubis). Tanks are overpowered it seems, loads of team just run 3 tanks, 2 healers.

Don't really care about the battlepass controversy since I have countless cosmetics from the first game.
You mean OW 1.1?

It's no different to the first so that means it's still pretty good. Only had a few games. Can't say I have any strong feelings about 5v5 at this stage. I agree tanks are OP now. Osira seems too strong and anyone playing her is getting mad numbers.

For some reason I thought all the characters were locked behind the BP but they all seem playable. I'm not arsed about cosmetics and doubt I'll ever play enough to justify buying the pass.

Resonance

Anyone tried OW2?

I'm playing Role queue so only 1 tank, but most of the time its Orisa and she's a monster. Not unusual for her to have the most damage and eliminations as well as being hard as feck to kill. Surely there is an incoming nerf for her.

Castia

Playing it a lot but the new battle pass system is awful

Doesn't work on a game like Overwatch when 90% of the rewards seem to be for characters I'll never play.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm playing Role queue so only 1 tank, but most of the time its Orisa and she's a monster. Not unusual for her to have the most damage and eliminations as well as being hard as feck to kill. Surely there is an incoming nerf for her.
Orisa is broken as shit. No character should be able to take that much damage.

I hate how toxic this game makes me. I start thinking "Few games, take it easy. Doesn't matter if it I win or lose. Just play my game." and then some brainless cnut won't switch off Sombra or Widow with their 4 eliminations and 10 deaths.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
The game is awful. The 5v5 system doesn't suit the characters and the balance of the game. It's overwatch 1.1 and played much better with the 6v6. They should have just tweaked the double shield problem and the game would be fine.

OW1 was really good when it released (before the newer characters was introduced) and I would say that iteration is miles better than OW2. Also I don't like the majority of the new maps, they are too big for the current system. The game is now a competitive FPS and not a brawler, I know a lot of casual players (who cant aim) play OW1 with ease, now they are quitting because the pressure on tanks and healers is too great and fast paced.

The game suits those who are seeking an alternative to Apex Legends or Valorant - but it's lost its unique selling point and charm so far.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Overwatch is a fantastic game, surprised by some of the comments on here. I played the game from Season 2 through till around Season 8 and loved it.

Just downloaded Overwatch 2 last week and found it really easy to get back into and proper enjoying it again. Zarya is very OP right now imo.

Pharrah has always been my favourite character but it feels like he's ben nerfed in the last 5 years. Not sure what it is but feels like he maybe has a lower ceiling in terms of max height? Or he can't hover as long as before, not sure. Still really enjoy playing him, just feels slightly weaker.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
After years away I placed at silver 4 in competitive. I was disgusted, I used to be high platinum/low diamond with a brief appearance in master. I've worked my way back to platinum 4 though.

D.Va/Junkrat/Lucio/Zen/Brigitte are my picks.

Overwatch is a fantastic game, surprised by some of the comments on here. I played the game from Season 2 through till around Season 8 and loved it.

Just downloaded Overwatch 2 last week and found it really easy to get back into and proper enjoying it again. Zarya is very OP right now imo.

Pharrah has always been my favourite character but it feels like he's ben nerfed in the last 5 years. Not sure what it is but feels like he maybe has a lower ceiling in terms of max height? Or he can't hover as long as before, not sure. Still really enjoy playing him, just feels slightly weaker.
Pharah is a woman?

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
After years away I placed at silver 4 in competitive. I was disgusted, I used to be high platinum/low diamond with a brief appearance in master. I've worked my way back to platinum 4 though.

D.Va/Junkrat/Lucio/Zen/Brigitte are my picks.

Pharah is a woman?
Correct :nervous::wenger:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Cnuts ruined Brigitte taking away her stun. It kept opposing players in check as they risked getting stunned with a shield bash. Now it's gone and they can just run rampant.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Is nobody still playing this? It's been my go to game over the past few months. Finally got myself back to platinum again too.

Resonance

Playing on and off, mainly as support. Can't get out of gold, I seem to fluctuate between Gold 1 and Gold 2.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Playing on and off, mainly as support. Can't get out of gold, I seem to fluctuate between Gold 1 and Gold 2.
What supports you playing? I seem to fluctuate from gold 2 to plat 4.

Tanks seem to have the most influence and ability to carry at the minute.

My biggest issue is I don't main anyone. I play pretty much every character on every role and just change based on counters. Think if I played a smaller pool I'd do better.

Resonance

What supports you playing? I seem to fluctuate from gold 2 to plat 4.

Tanks seem to have the most influence and ability to carry at the minute.

My biggest issue is I don't main anyone. I play pretty much every character on every role and just change based on counters. Think if I played a smaller pool I'd do better.
I am mainly playing Mercy and Anna, I find I can have a bigger impact when I play Anna. When playing Mercy I try to pocket my DPS and damage boost them but I find myself having to healbot most of the time. I used to be mid plat about 5 seasons ago but just can't get back there. I think I might just try and DPS Moira my way out of gold.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
I am mainly playing Mercy and Anna, I find I can have a bigger impact when I play Anna. When playing Mercy I try to pocket my DPS and damage boost them but I find myself having to healbot most of the time. I used to be mid plat about 5 seasons ago but just can't get back there. I think I might just try and DPS Moira my way out of gold.
How you getting on this season bud?

I'm loving the sombra buffs and have been playing her loads. Mostly playing sombra, pharah, torb and lucio at the minute.

Somehow managed to reach diamond 4 but I've played a lot! At this rate I may get masters :o can't help but feel I'm getting a bit lucky but I won't complain lol!

Resonance

How you getting on this season bud?

I'm loving the sombra buffs and have been playing her loads. Mostly playing sombra, pharah, torb and lucio at the minute.

Somehow managed to reach diamond 4 but I've played a lot! At this rate I may get masters :o can't help but feel I'm getting a bit lucky but I won't complain lol!
Managed to get to Plat 4 just playing Anna and Zen. I swear I'm playing the exact same as I've always done but I went on a crazy winning streak, think I won something like 25 out of 30 games.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Managed to get to Plat 4 just playing Anna and Zen. I swear I'm playing the exact same as I've always done but I went on a crazy winning streak, think I won something like 25 out of 30 games.
Mate Zen is lethal after the patch. Well not lethal but a noticeable difference. Played him last night for the first time in ages and smashed it.... in the first game I played until I got wrecked after.

I've went the opposite way now mate. I went on an 8 loss streak yesterday in Diamond 4 :o I find when I solo queue I do better compared to duoing with my friend. I think it's because he plays less champions/roles than me so when I duo I'm always being the one to "fill" rather than play what I'm good at and because my ranks slightly higher I should probably be carrying a bit too but because I'm playing someone I'm not used to I just get wrecked :(

Hoping for a big sess this weekend. Tempted to invest some time learning how to play hamster as thon boy is an absolute unit these days.

Should play a game or two sometime!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've played a lot of multiplayer games and not once have I ever been toxic...except for Overwatch. I don't know what it is about it that sends my blood pressure through the roof :lol:.

Chairman Steve

Are they bringing a PvE mode back? I liked the PvE mode Uprising(?) they did once and never again strangely.

I get the feeling they’re going to rip off Valve and TF2 even more, and have you pay to play the serious PvE mode with loot chances, or pay nothing and have the casual PvE with no loot. Much like Mann vs Machine in TF2.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Anyone still playing?

My mates brothers started playing with us and is a high enough rank for competitive but because of my mmr we can't play together which is proper annoying. I think it goes by mmr rather than rank too :/

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I gave it up. It upsets me too much, too easily.

But I can play Apex with strangers and don't give a toss if we get wiped in 30 seconds, even laugh about it. Overwatch is just poisonous.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
I gave it up. It upsets me too much, too easily.

But I can play Apex with strangers and don't give a toss if we get wiped in 30 seconds, even laugh about it. Overwatch is just poisonous.
Why does it infuriate you so much lol? What characters do you play and which competitive grade?

Do you get all angry on mic and stuff too haha

Resonance

I've never played any other game which has such volatile loss/win swings than Overwatch. I've just climbed from Gold 3 to Platinum 1, then in the space of week I've gone back down to Gold 2. It's just so bizarre, I'll get actual competent team mates for a few days then I'll get bots, leavers and throwers non-stop.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
I've never played any other game which has such volatile loss/win swings than Overwatch. I've just climbed from Gold 3 to Platinum 1, then in the space of week I've gone back down to Gold 2. It's just so bizarre, I'll get actual competent team mates for a few days then I'll get bots, leavers and throwers non-stop.
That was a huge issue last season for me. Winning 12/15 followed by 3/15.

Are you new to competitive at all? Mine seems to have swung less this season and I've just stayed low diamond.

It does seem to eventually even itself out but I completely agree about the swings at the start of seasons as I've experienced it too.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I've been loving this lately. Smashing ranked and bouncing around Plat to low Diamonds. So much depth and a huge skill ceiling compared to other fps games out there. It's amazing that in the right hands and with enough practise every single character is a viable option.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/o...-explains-what-happened-and-why/1100-6514242/

Now, however, Blizzard has confirmed that the promised PvE Hero component will not be released at all. In a video, game director Aaron Keller and executive producer Jared Neuss said that the team had made the decision to take the PvE elements of Overwatch 2 in a different direction and detailed a roadmap for upcoming seasons that reveal a new hero, maps, rebalances, and a number of story-focused additions.
According to Keller and Neuss, this decision was made for the good of the game and its live multiplayer component. Whether that proves to be true will be judged based on the execution of the upcoming seasons detailed in its new roadmap, but regardless of this, Blizzard and Team 4 pitched an experience that won't be realized, which will no doubt confuse and frustrate players. GameSpot spoke to Keller and Neuss about what led to this decision and how Team 4 intends to try and make something good rise from the ashes of a failed idea once again.
GameSpot: The big talking point is the direction that you're now taking with the PvE; that you basically aren't doing it. Is that the correct way to characterize it? It's not happening anymore and you've pivoted away from it?

Aaron Keller:
I think I would characterize it slightly differently, which is we are doing part of what the team had set out to do, but not the entirety of what was discussed back at BlizzCon 2019. So the real focus is on the story missions and that experience as opposed to the more open-ended hero mode and that stuff.

Right. So it's fair to say that the experience that you showed during that first Overwatch 2 reveal is not going to be the one that will be released at any point?

Aaron Keller:
Yeah, exactly. So we are definitely not doing the Hero Mode and the talents and that power progression system.