View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

khoazany

So Thorpe and McNair both CM's converted to CB's. Makes you wonder what LvG didnt like in Thorpe. Is Thorpe a lefty?
It were different cases.Thorpe was always a CB and only play CMs mostly in his first year for the U21s to develop his game and partially to save his career in case his height was too big of an issue to play CB.McNair was an attacking midfielder when he first come to us at 16 and played various positions in his first year with us (didn't play that much due to injuries from what I remember and he was really further behind the pecking order).He was converted to CB in his second year originally due to Ioannou's injury during the Milk Cup that year.

Thorpe is a right footer and LVG seem to regard him as a midfielder by some reasons.

Reds-of-Ulster

Complete and utter mad hatter bullshit. Behave yourself Nev ffs

And Michael O'Neill didnt select McNair I dont think

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...ter-united-new-boy-paddy-mcnair-30628093.html
So you are saying that them picking players based on the religion isn't sectarian? Aye alright chap.

And you don't think the IFA are trying to stop sectarianism? Aye okay. :rolleyes:

And he was called up today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29487243
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29487243http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29487243

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
So you are saying that them picking players based on the religion isn't sectarian? Aye alright chap.

And you don't think the IFA are trying to stop sectarianism? Aye okay. :rolleyes:

And he was called up today.
Its the FAI not the IRA, sectarianism has feck all to do with it behave. They select kids who they deem to be talented and who they think would be interested in playing for the south. So that rules out about 99.99% of protestant kids doesnt it which therefore leaves the nationalist kids such as Darren Gibson and James McClean. What part of this is hard for you to understand?

Reds-of-Ulster

Its the FAI not the IRA, sectarianism has feck all to do with it behave. They select kids who they deem to be talented and who they think would be interested in playing for the south. So that rules out about 99.99% of protestant kids doesnt it which therefore leaves the nationalist kids such as Darren Gibson and James McClean. What part of this is hard for you to understand?
Of course sectarianism has something to do with it, look at the players who they selected who aren't talented just because of their religious background. If you want to be naive and think what the FAI is doing is fine, then go ahead and live with your head in the clouds.

I see you never mentioned the other part mind.

Moriarty

Very impressed by young McNair. I think we've got a diamond there. He played very assuredly against a very physical West Ham forward line and he wasn't phased by Lukaku who has given merry hell to far more experienced central defenders that Paddy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Of course sectarianism has something to do with it, look at the players who they selected who aren't talented just because of their religious background. If you want to be naive and think what the FAI is doing is fine, then go ahead and live with your head in the clouds.

I see you never mentioned the other part mind.
I'm confused.

Are you saying the FAI is being sectarian by not targeting protestant kids from NI too? Even though the vast, vast, vast majority of protestant kids from NI would have zero interest in playing for the Republic?

Or are you arguing that the FAI is being sectarian because they're picking crap Catholics from NI? In which case I'd point out that we have a lot of crap footballers from the republic too...

Reds-of-Ulster

I'm confused.

Are you saying the FAI is being sectarian by not targeting protestant kids from NI too? Even though the vast, vast, vast majority of protestant kids from NI would have zero interest in playing for the Republic?

Or are you arguing that the FAI is being sectarian because they're picking crap Catholics from NI? In which case I'd point out that we have a lot of crap footballers from the republic too...
My final post on this issue within the thread, but the FAI target players from NI no matter how shit they are because they know they will turn Northern Ireland down.

Anyway, it seems the wait for his first Northern Ireland cap will go on a little bit longer with this recent development, and more joy in the injury front for United. :(

khoazany

Bloody Norah, not another one. I did see him slide off the pitch in the 2nd half and clutch his knee, but he carried on. Someone has put a hex on us.
Chill out mate we still have a lot of defenders in the U18s...

Now this is not even a joke :nervous:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
My final post on this issue within the thread, but the FAI target players from NI no matter how shit they are because they know they will turn Northern Ireland down.

Anyway, it seems the wait for his first Northern Ireland cap will go on a little bit longer with this recent development, and more joy in the injury front for United. :(
Oh Neviller I have missed you and your stubborn stupidity welcome back chum

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We might get Jones and Smalling back. I'm just sorry for McNair because he had a great chance to make his mark with a run of games.
Yep I think McNair will be gutted more than the overall team as it means Jones likely will come in and maintain his place. It will require another injury (which will happen quite soon) for Paddy to get back in the team.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Congrats Paddy. You're a real United player now.

El-Manos

No wait, he is not actually injured? Another defender surely not? You'd swear some scouse bastard is making use of the old Voodoo dolls when it comes to our players.

Winrar

Out for 3 weeks hamstring injury

I thought I noticed him get injured towards the end of the game when Everton were creating chance after chance.
Just. wow.

Thank feck for international break, to be honest. But then it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jones injures himself again before the West Brom game in a warm-up or something.

FromTheBench

Just. wow.

Thank feck for international break, to be honest. But then it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jones injures himself again before the West Brom game in a warm-up or something.
Wait till few of our players get injured for their countries too.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
fecking hell. I usually loathe international breaks, but I find myself looking forward to the next one like it's some kind of checkpoint so we can hopefully get back on our feet.

Every season, we run out of centre backs at some stage. How does this keep happening? I can't remember any other teams around us having to pull unknown youngsters up, or playing midfielders in defence like we've done at least once per season for the past 4 or 5 years.

I'm pretty glad we're not in the Champions League. The squad would be on it's arse.