5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Saved us a goal with that amazing clearance. Up against those West Ham brutes he came through well.

slir32

Good performance from the youngster i hope the senior players are taking notice.

dev1l

Wasnt really impressed with him on the ball, some terrible passes and long balls, but defensively he was sound and thats what matters.
it s true that at times ge gave the ball away but that s understandable considering the occasion

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Just goes to show, defenders can win matches to. Good habit to get into.

Blackett has been good, steady but doesn't seem enough. This type of stuff is what sepearates players.

buckooo1978

What a header.... A cool head when we needed it

Our defense was immense those last 20 mins

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think Blackett was made for the 3-5-2 formation while Paddy is a real centre back (or at least has become one)
When did Paddy start playing at CB? I thought he was superb last year alongside Charni and he had a great debut today. The fact he is so new to the position is what gives me so much hope for his potential as he still has so much to learn.

That header won us the game, fantastic. I think he was much more willing to get in and clear the danger than Blackett is.

MDFC Manager

Confident from start to finish. Was an extremely tough end to his debut but he saved his best for the last :drool:

MDFC Manager

When did Paddy start playing at CB? I thought he was superb last year alongside Charni and he had a great debut today. The fact he is so new to the position is what gives me so much hope for his potential as he still has so much to learn.

That header won us the game, fantastic. I think he was much more willing to get in and clear the danger than Blackett is.
I think he had a sterner test than Blackett has had so far.
I

r0x0rwolfo

I very much doubt Ferguson would have played him today.
Let's not make random assumptions. I'm glad Van Gaal played him today, was impressed, but why use it as a stick to beat a successful manager who isn't here any more?

RetroStu

I thought he played really well and no worse than any of our other defenders this season (i don't really know if thats a good thing though).
He will of probably been very nervous as well, proven when he took the ball out of defence into midfield than blasted a straight forward pass to Rooney who was only about 10 feet away from him.:D

Eriku

Positively surprised. Very calm on the ball, good distribution, and knew when to just clear the ball out.

And that backwards diving header... hell of a moment.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Let's not make random assumptions. I'm glad Van Gaal played him today, was impressed, but why use it as a stick to beat a successful manager who isn't here any more?
And Fergie wouldn't let this CB situation happened, starting the season. He valued CB a lot more, only second to wingers.

footballgirl07

For a 19 year old on his debut in senior football, let alone United debut, he was brilliant. Calm, assured, looked way like he has an old head on young shoulders. That header, that was superb.

Hojoon

Fantastic header. Nervy at times, but considering the circumstances (debut, 10 men, low confidence at the back, new spine of the team), he can hold his head high.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Vidic would still be here as well if Fergie was here.
And maybe so would Evra. At one point in the past, we even let go Brown and O'Shea just because we no longer needed them, even as squad players. Crazy to think that those two would be our best defenders now (even at the age when they were both sold).

R'hllor

You put a bit of trust and faith in young player,in return you get very good performance on his debut,always great to see things like that.

Sylar

I dread this place if he makes a mistake against Everton given the flip flop nature of most of the threads in here.

I liked his debut today, will be interesting to see what happens with him going forward especially once we start getting our injured players back.

stu_1992

Good debút by him. Not easy to come into an already shaky and unsure defence and look at ease. Nerves could have easily got to him and nobody would have been able to blame him, but it was never an issue today.

khoazany

Since Milk Cup 2012 after Ioannou's injury.That means about two years ago

Drifter

American
Impressed with him .Another player alongside Blackett that seems confident on the ball.

OneUnited24

Who is going to start next week if the trio is still injured? McNair or Blackett?
Good question, but i'd go with Blackett who i think has better distribution playing the ball out from defence. He just shades it mind you