View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

pseudo_canadian

Really impressive debut for him. He never looked out of place.

I was particularly impressed with his confidence going forward with the ball. Great to see.

Look forward to seeing him more.

Mali_Zeus

What do Mata, Rooney and co. have with this thread. Surely people hating Rooney have some other place to moan.

In any case in the 1st he was very good it didnt seem it's his first game in the 1st team. I like the fact he was brave enough to go forward with the ball although his passes didnt go anywhere. :)

itso 7

he had a good game today but let s not get overboard,this was his first game. I hope fans will not expect too much of him and then start slagging him at his first mistake.
Well that would be silly, as you say it's his first game but I think it could go either way- maybe next week he is calmer and has trained, become more familiar with his teammates and does better than today, there is no way of knowing what the future holds. What if he makes a mistake ? Well the seniors are making them by the dozen!

LR7

What's more impressive is that his CB partner doesn't speak a word of English so probably couldn't talk him through as much as a debutant would usually be. He looked good. Didn't seem fazed at all. Happy for him. I reckon he will continue until one of Evans/Smalling/Jones are available.

What ever happened to the narrative that we had abandoned youth and adopted a galactico policy?

The Red Thinker

Can't verify the veracity of this quote but if so, that's LVG, RVP and Rafa all impressed by Paddy. Says a lot about the boy. Have we found our Badstuber? Perhaps Puyol?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Superb performance. Highlight reel header to boot too. Let's get the boy on the weights and keep him around first team training for the exposure. Defending against RVP, Falcao and Rooney every day will do wonders for his development too. Very promising stuff indeed.

mufcwarm92

I liked the look of him. He was probably our 2nd best player after Rafael.

I was interested to see how several of those who watch him regularly were surprised he got his chance, particularly ahead of Thorpe who by all accounts has been significantly better in the last couple of years. Good on him for taking his chance, really hope he can make the most of it.

manichester

I liked the way Roco and DDG gave him encouragement for his play and despite the language difficulties they appeared to be communicating.

Keenst

It was great to see all the older players encourage him, especially the new guys like Herrera and Rojo. I thought he did superbly well, he must be buzzing.

The Red Thinker

Badstuber ? I surely hope not.
He's a quality player in my opinion. He made all the waves when he broke into the Bayern team under Van Gaal and then went on to represent Germany. Sadly, injuries have played a huge role in his career so far. Still a good player.

Sam

That header, that bloody header.

No matter what happens with this lads career, he will always remember that.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Was forced to listen to the game on the radio today and absolute radio (the best of the 3 broadcasting stations) said he was brilliant today, would you guys say this is accurate? I'm about to watch match if the day but you can't really judge from highlights.

The Red Thinker

Was forced to listen to the game on the radio today and absolute radio (the best of the 3 broadcasting stations) said he was brilliant today, would you guys say this is accurate? I'm about to watch match if the day but you can't really judge from highlights.
He was very, very composed. He could even run with the ball into midfield. He was a wee bit nervy in the first half with a couple of misplaced long balls, but he made a game saving header when we were really under the cosh. That required serious technique and composure to pull off and he was applauded by LVG, RVP, Rafa and Ander after the game for his performance. A real gem from the reserves. The thing that pleased me the most was the Kevin Nolan offside goal. The lad kept his line perfectly. Intelligence and composure. By the way, won a fair few headers against West Ham's giants.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
He was very, very composed. He could even run with the ball into midfield. He was a wee bit nervy in the first half with a couple of misplaced long balls, but he made a game saving header when we were really under the cosh. That required serious technique and composure to pull off and he was applauded by LVG, RVP, Rafa and Ander after the game for his performance. A real gem from the reserves. The thing that pleased me the most was the Kevin Nolan offside goal. The lad kept his line perfectly. Intelligence and composure. By the way, won a fair few headers against West Ham's giants.
Fantastic! Thank you!

It's a good job we've lost our identity and don't give youth a chance anymore isn't it? Chuffed for the lad.

Will Absolute

I was interested to see how several of those who watch him regularly were surprised he got his chance, particularly ahead of Thorpe who by all accounts has been significantly better in the last couple of years.
Not all. Me and gooDevil have our fingers on the pulse. :cool:

Sept 19
McNair has gone under the radar a bit, but he looks a good prospect.
I agree, him and Ekangamene were a pretty formidable pairing, conceded relatively few.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It was a Vidic type header. Was happy for him and Thorpe even though he only got a minute. We've seen Blackett doing ok and now Paddy stepping up when we needed him too. It's early days but it reflects well on the youth

LR7

Felt like some of the media had their knives sharpened earlier with the whole 'surprise' that he was picked ahead of Tom Thorpe thing, so I'm happy McNair did well today.

itso 7

It was a Vidic type header. Was happy for him and Thorpe even though he only got a minute. We've seen Blackett doing ok and now Paddy stepping up when we needed him too. It's early days but it reflects well on the youth
Under LVG the young players have to be ready to take their chances because they will surely come. If he has the balls to give a nineteen year old CB a debut, in a defense that spectacularly collapsed last week, in the midst of a poor start then he won't think twice about playing Thorpe in the holding role next week, Wilson in attack or Pearson in that diamond. They just need to be ready to stand up when called upon, repay the man for the faith and the rest will fall into place.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Not all. Me and gooDevil have our fingers on the pulse. :cool:

Sept 19
Hate to blow my own horn (although I would if I could), but...

Motherf*cking April, bitch:

Definitely. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. McNair, especially, has come on amazingly well this season. He's gone from a tiny, back-up academy midfielder to a proper u21 center-half in...what...2 years? Less? Interesting player.
Not to mention the thread I started on him in 2012. A simpler time, when Nelson Mandela was ridiculously senile but still alive, people finished the Boston Marathon as bipeds and I could still beat the shit out of Justin Bieber.

Bwuk

Lets not go overboard comparing him to legends of the game. Before the last few days the majority of us had never seen him play.

Eriku

Hate to blow my own horn (although I would if I could), but...

Motherf*cking April, bitch:

Not to mention the thread I started on him in 2012. A simpler time, when Nelson Mandela was ridiculously senile but still alive, people finished the Boston Marathon as bipeds and I could still beat the shit out of Justin Bieber.
Sweet Jesus, I know I shouldn't, but :lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Fair play to the kid, did well in a difficult game. And fair play to LvG for actually playing him and not re-calling Stam from retirement.
Also loved when half the team and especially Herrera encouraged him in the last few minutes.

Loublaze

ATLien
I dread this place if he makes a mistake against Everton given the flip flop nature of most of the threads in here.

I liked his debut today, will be interesting to see what happens with him going forward especially once we start getting our injured players back.
He's not a cert to start against Everton. Blackett will be back, so we'll see what LVG goes with.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was very impressive today. A performance to be really proud of, I hope we see more of him in the future.

Dante

Average bang
He obviously played on adrenaline today, but I'm glad for the lad. Hope this secures him a decent loan after Christmas.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Very good performance and well done to him. I like the look of him but in saying that, in my opinion, it's back to the reserves when we have numbers again. I didn't see anything that suggested he could replace Evans, Smalling or Jones and nor should I at this stage. Again, he was great on debut but lets not get ahead ourselves, we need a little more than McNair at the moment.

Love the big two fingers from van Gaal playing these youngsters after apparently selling the clubs soul. Great to see.