View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

m1y2

Jones out with muscle problem right? I believe he will not be fully fit to participate next match so maybe another chance for Paddy to prove himself. I said it before but he certainly looke better than Scott Wooton.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Tell me when straight red cards have not been automatic 3 match suspensions...
When it's not violent conduct. So fairly often, to answer your question. Blackett is available next week - unless he gets injured, obviously.

Glanville95

Hadn't even heard of him, before he was banded about as a potential starter before the game, I'm ashamed to say. Looked good though and some of his positional play was outstanding at times. Great clearing header too.

Manucho the boss

Tell me when straight red cards have not been automatic 3 match suspensions...
Loads of reasons, handball preventing a goal, denying a goal scoring opportunity, basically anything that's not covered under:-
-Attempting to kick or strike another player
-Violent Conduct
-Serious Foul Play

Something learned on this Saturday night at least.

FromTheBench

I'd be worried about starting him vs Lukaku and Everton tbh as well as he did. Same with Blackett though.

Smalling should be back, i guess if Jones isn't though.

Giggsforever

Good question, but i'd go with Blackett who i think has better distribution playing the ball out from defence. He just shades it mind you
I would go With McNair. Blackett is to muck like Rojo and McNair is not as rash as Blackett and better in the air, compliment Rojo better.

I hope Jones will be back though. Jones and Rojo will surely give any attacker a hard time, they will feel meeting them after a match.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
You won't find anyone happier than me in regards to McNair playing and playing well but we need to calm our tits. When the other CB's are fit, they will go ahead of him and rightly so. Sure, keep him involved and if the others are not fit, throw him in again but it's always one extreme with a youth debutant, not up to it or a new star, nothing in between and in reality, it's always in between.

No issue throwing him up against Lukaku but if one of the others are fit, it's a no brainer.

Gerald G

You won't find anyone happier than me in regards to McNair playing and playing well but we need to calm our tits. When the other CB's are fit, they will go ahead of him and rightly so. Sure, keep him involved and if the others are not fit, throw him in again but it's always one extreme with a youth debutant, not up to it or a new star, nothing in between and in reality, it's always in between.

No issue throwing him up against Lukaku but if one of the others are fit, it's a no brainer.
Spot on with that. Only disagree with the last line.

Miscemayl

Very impressed, hope he stay clear our of our defensive curse and really kick on this season.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Spot on with that. Only disagree with the last line.
Well I wouldn't want to play him against Lukaku but if van Gaal rates him and wants to give him a chance, I like to see that kind of faith, that's what I don't have the issue with. In regards to the difference in quality, pace, power and experience, I definitely don't want to see it lol.

Gerald G

Well I wouldn't want to play him against Lukaku but if van Gaal rates him and wants to give him a chance, I like to see that kind of faith, that's what I don't have the issue with. In regards to the difference in quality, pace, power and experience, I definitely don't want to see it lol.
Yeah I feel the same way. But Lukaku will bully all our defenders to be honest.

Trizy

So much hype only ever go to attacking players from our academy, I honestly had not heard of him or Blackett before this season and the two of them are absolute quality for their age.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd be worried about starting him vs Lukaku and Everton tbh as well as he did. Same with Blackett though.

Smalling should be back, i guess if Jones isn't though.
If todays game is anything to go by, McNair will destroy Lukaku. He was garbage today. Concrete feet, first touch of a trampoline. Hopefully he carries that form into next weekend, and hopefully Martinez continues to put Lukaku out wide. No idea what his thinking is there. He looks awful out there.

FromTheBench

If todays game is anything to go by, McNair will destroy Lukaku. He was garbage today. Concrete feet, first touch of a trampoline. Hopefully he carries that form into next weekend, and hopefully Martinez continues to put Lukaku out wide. No idea what his thinking is there. He looks awful out there.
He was wide to get the better of Moreno aerially and physically which he did on quite a few occasions tbf including the penalty incident and he did have chances which he missed.

If Mcnair and Rojo starts for us though can totally see him going back central and troubling him with his strength and pace. Mcnair isn't that quick either that if he gets beaten for strength he can recover. Will be a real big test if he plays for him as Everton have other threats too and are good going forwards. Can see it going horribly wrong if they turn up.

FromTheBench

"He played very well," the manager said of the defender in an interview with MUTV. "I could have imagined a performance like this before the match because he’s a very good player. Mostly, players like this have good debuts. I’m very pleased for him that we won, because he played very well and his goal-saving header in the second half was fantastic. He was also very good with the ball at his feet."

His team-mates were equally praiseworthy of McNair's efforts and he will reflect on an afternoon's work well done when sitting in front of Match of the Day this evening. "Paddy did great," enthused van Persie. "I know how hard it is to make your debut. I made mine in Holland for Feyenoord and he made his for Manchester United in front of 75,000 people, at home, in a difficult period. He did really well on the ball. His decision-making was great and defensively he stood up well. It was great for him."

Rafael, the other member of the new-look back four, described him as "one to watch" and felt his performance was "brilliant". "He played very well, he played some fantastic football and everyone is really pleased with him," revealed the Brazilian. "He should keep working hard because he has a big future."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...cnair-debut-performance-praised.aspx?pageNo=2

Some high praise there.

sport2793

The one thing I really liked about McNair was his technical ability on the ball. He looked extremely confident with the ball and passed well. Definitely one to watch with Blackett.

ZDwyr

Really good debut. Obviously that header was brilliant. Pleased for him.

Seveneric

It's like the people here never learn, he's already the next Badstuber, really? :houllier: You don't have to look farther than a month ago to see the praise being heaped on Blackett and look at him now. Same cycle again and you'd think people would finally realize to just calm their tits and not go overboard. Weirdos

Good debut by him, hope he continues to impress when given the chance, another youth player coming through is always nice to see.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Have to say, and thin hat well and firmly on, Smalling and Evans should be embarrassed looking at him today.

His first game, in a nervous team, beside a player who has never played CB for us before and can't speak English, with a keeper in dodgy form behind him...All factors considered I thought he done brilliantly.

Amir

But it was a straight red.....

10 years ago, I could keep up with these rule changes. Can't now. And I'm only 25!!

Game's gone mad
Red card for violent conduct - three games.
Red card for a professional foul like preventing a goalscoring opportunity - one game.

carlosp

But it was a straight red.....

10 years ago, I could keep up with these rule changes. Can't now. And I'm only 25!!

Game's gone mad
No, you get a one game ban for a red. Blackett, as the last defender, hacked down a player going for goal hence the red. Rooney dangerously hacked down a player, hence the Red and a three match ban.

Loads of reasons, handball preventing a goal, denying a goal scoring opportunity, basically anything that's not covered under:-
-Attempting to kick or strike another player
-Violent Conduct
-Serious Foul Play

Something learned on this Saturday night at least.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Red card for violent conduct - three games.
Red card for a professional foul like preventing a goalscoring opportunity - one game.
No, you get a one game ban for a red. Blackett, as the last defender, hacked down a player going for goal hence the red. Rooney dangerously hacked down a player, hence the Red and a three match ban.
Sound for the info. Appreciate it.

Game's gone mad though

NoPace

Played really well. I liked how comfortable he looked on the ball. Interesting prospect, at least. It'll be tough for center backs to come straight into the team, but that performance will have made some teams in the lower end of the Prem and the Champo sit up and notice, and start looking at him as a potential loanee at some point this year.

thepolice123

How was he for the reserves? He just came out of nowhere and put up a solid display for us. I hope we can see more of him.