Pathetic fans booing Maguire

red.knight

I think there are a few reasons why fans choose to boo Maguire. In addition to his poor performances and some high-profile mistakes, it's probably a response to his remark (‘I don’t have anything to prove at this level’) or gesture (‘cupping his ears vs Albania’) that is probably deemed offensive by fans. Personally, I don’t think the continuous booing of Maguire send any message other than disrespect. However, fans are entitled to show their displeasure at something they don't like or disagree with.

In my opinion, there is no Manchester United without the fans (‘the customers’). If fans are banned, who is going to pay these prima-Donna's their disgracefully obscene wages? Without fans, the clubs go into liquidation.

Booing is usually a matter of frustration and anger, a chance for a fan to show their contempt for a player or team's failure. Our 7-0 loss to Liverpool is the most embarrassing moment of last season. I don’t blame the fans booing the players one bit.

Do United fans (‘the customers’) have the right to oppose to the continued Glazer ownership of the club and voice their displeasure?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I think there are a few reasons why fans choose to boo Maguire. In addition to his poor performances and some high-profile mistakes, it's probably a response to his remark (‘I don’t have anything to prove at this level’) or gesture (‘cupping his ears vs Albania’) that is probably deemed offensive by fans. Personally, I don’t think the continuous booing of Maguire send any message other than disrespect. However, fans are entitled to show their displeasure at something they don't like or disagree with.

In my opinion, there is no Manchester United without the fans (‘the customers’). If fans are banned, who is going to pay these prima-Donna's their disgracefully obscene wages? Without fans, the clubs go into liquidation.

Booing is usually a matter of frustration and anger, a chance for a fan to show their contempt for a player or team's failure. Our 7-0 loss to Liverpool is the most embarrassing moment of last season. I don’t blame the fans booing the players one bit.

Do United fans (‘the customers’) have the right to oppose to the continued Glazer ownership of the club and voice their displeasure?
Player under immense pressure and receiving constant abuse on and off the pitch scores a goal for his country = what a cnut, fans offended:wenger:

However, fans are entitled to show their displeasure at something they don't like or disagree with.

No-one is going to ban fans for being their own players, they're just saying people doing it are dicks.

The customer argument is weak. Do you boo and abuse Tesco checkout staff if they've mispriced something? Or Next staff if a shirt is on the wrong hanger?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’m sorry but the booing is as transparent as anything. It’s people jumping on a bandwagon and a sheep/herd like mentality to target someone for the banter. That’s the long and short of it in Maguires case.

red.knight

Player under immense pressure and receiving constant abuse on and off the pitch scores a goal for his country = what a cnut, fans offended:wenger:
Players scoring away from home, do this to wind up the home support but he was obviously taking aim at those who have been criticizing him, for his recent poor performances. I wish he did that gesture after scoring a world cup winning goal, not against Albania. :)

No-one is going to ban fans for being their own players, they're just saying people doing it are dicks.

The customer argument is weak. Do you boo and abuse Tesco checkout staff if they've mispriced something? Or Next staff if a shirt is on the wrong hanger?
Players come and go, owners come and go, but United will remain forever. The fans have the right to make their feelings known against the players or owners. Anyway, Harry Maguire's £30m West Ham move is the perfect outcome for all parties except the West Ham supporters who will have to watch 'Mr Mistakes' week in week out :)

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Players scoring away from home, do this to wind up the home support but he was obviously taking aim at those who have been criticizing him, for his recent poor performances. I wish he did that gesture after scoring a world cup winning goal, not against Albania. :)

Players come and go, owners come and go, but United will remain forever. The fans have the right to make their feelings known against the players or owners. Anyway, Harry Maguire's £30m West Ham move is the perfect outcome for all parties except the West Ham supporters who will have to watch 'Mr Mistakes' week in week out :)
I think the celebration thing is that classic example of fans being on a player's back constantly then if they react the crowd is outraged. It's always really pathetic.

I'm glad he's leaving too and can't wait to lock some of the multiple threads on him when the deal is sealed.

Jericho

We don't boo them or cheer them, the analogy doesn't work.

RedorDead21

Could be worse…too much love and he might be determined to stay and fight for his place.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Even Messi was booed towards the last days of his PSG tenure. Sadly, it is part and parcel of being a footballer - which is at the end of the day a performative spectacle as far as the media are concerned.

You're under the limelight and the stakes are high. If you falter, or rock the boat through your actions/comments, people will notice and react.

RedStarUnited

Ye we should feel proud that the ten year olds on tik tok have influenced our fans to bully a player out of the club
Bully - ha!

He is getting £6m+ to leave. Will then get another sign on bonus at West Ham on top a guaranteed 100k a week salary.

A lot of people would love to be bullied out of a job like this.

Crashoutcassius

Bully - ha!

He is getting £6m+ to leave. Will then get another sign on bonus at West Ham on top a guaranteed 100k a week salary.

A lot of people would love to be bullied out of a job like this.
That is always the answer people give. It's impossible to bully someone on salary = x. It's nonsense

Mr PG

Why nobody wants to admit…fans aren’t stupid. They see Maguire seating on a large chunk of the club ffp via huge wages as a 4th choice cb when we can get huge upgrade for same ££. Of course they want him gone and the club isn’t ruthless enough.
Yet the dude been a disaster on the pitch way too many times. I don’t think anyone who understands football trusts him not to give away the ball or cost us a penalty in a big match.

Devil You Know

Why nobody wants to admit…fans aren’t stupid. They see Maguire seating on a large chunk of the club ffp via huge wages as a 4th choice cb when we can get huge upgrade for same ££. Of course they want him gone and the club isn’t ruthless enough.
Yet the dude been a disaster on the pitch way too many times. I don’t think anyone who understands football trusts him not to give away the ball or cost us a penalty in a big match.
Most of them are.

AndySmith1990

Were the "pathetic fans" who boo Maguire the same ones booing Antony Joshua last night? Sickening behaviour

Lecland07

Something tells me that this is unlikely.

Jund

The guy clearly doesn't care about football if he's willing to rot on the bench here. If he doesn't care about football, I'll take a wild stab in the dark - he doesn't care for the fans of this club either.

Can I boo him now?

MegadrivePerson

I think it's a disgrace. Support every player when they wear the shirt.

Why are they booing him? Sheep.
Opening post has nailed it. Singling out one player to be booed really is pathetic small time behaviour.

If the manager has picked him, then effectively you are also booing the manager by behaving this way.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If he stays after this whole ordeal, he can hardly cry about fans booing his lack of ambition

MegadrivePerson

The guy clearly doesn't care about football if he's willing to rot on the bench here. If he doesn't care about football, I'll take a wild stab in the dark - he doesn't care for the fans of this club either.

Can I boo him now?
That's not how it works though is it.

He has every right to honour the contract we gave him. It's not his fault he's been overpaid!

Scarecrow

Having a week off
If he stays after this whole ordeal, he can hardly cry about fans booing his lack of ambition
Is it not ambition to stay and fight for a starting place?

These “he clearly doesn’t care” narratives are just a coping mechanism for fans, to justify their hatred.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Is it not ambition to stay and fight for a starting place?

These “he clearly doesn’t care” narratives are just a coping mechanism for fans, to justify their hatred.
Fight for what? A place on the bench with the towel boy? He needs to get real because EtH couldn't have shown him the door more explicitly outside of slating him publicly in the press Mourinho-style.

And I think he cares but all about the wrong things i.e. his image and status of playing for a top club (although he doesn't actually play).

I bloody hope if he stays and costs us even more money, he loses his England spot because complacency should not be rewarded in professional sport.

EireRed_GS

Not a fan of booing your own players. We've seen it in the past with Fellaini / Fred etc.. its cringe. we should be behind the players when theyre out of sorts.

If a player had some sort of mental breakdown after that went public, the same fans would be posting inspirational memes supporting them

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Fight for what? A place on the bench with the towel boy? He needs to get real because EtH couldn't have shown him the door more explicitly outside of slating him publicly in the press Mourinho-style.

And I think he cares but all about the wrong things i.e. his image and status of playing for a top club (although he doesn't actually play).

I bloody hope if he stays and costs us even more money, he loses his England spot because complacency should not be rewarded in professional sport.
Fight for a starting place, I presume. For success; for a bigger legacy than the memes. He played 30 games last season, while underperforming. That’s not nothing and it’s not far-fetched to think he could play more this year, if he gets back to his best form. The one time EtH addressed this publicly (last presser), he didn’t explicitly show him the door.

I’d personally prefer if he moved and we replaced him with Pavard. But I realize this isn’t a computer game and there’s more nuance to the situation. I disagree that he’s got nothing to fight about and him staying necessarily means that it’s out of complacency.

FerociousCorgis

Fight for a starting place, I presume. For success; for a bigger legacy than the memes. He played 30 games last season, while underperforming. That’s not nothing and it’s not far-fetched to think he could play more this year, if he gets back to his best form. The one time EtH addressed this publicly (last presser), he didn’t explicitly show him the door.

I’d personally prefer if he moved and we replaced him with Pavard. But I realize this isn’t a computer game and there’s more nuance to the situation. I disagree that he’s got nothing to fight about and him staying necessarily means that it’s out of complacency.
i mean how many of those games "played" last season were little 5 minute nothing cameos, where if anything we looked so much worse when he came on? The fact that shaw was starting at CB instead of him, and looking much better than maguire i may add, was totally damning. At this point he is still prob looking at 5th in the cb pecking order again this season, so any games "played" will be either against the early shit opponents in cup runs (which even last year eth tended to go strong lineups against) or more little 5 minute cameos with the odd start here and there. Southgate would take a huge amount of flak if he kept calling in Maguire after another year of that

Aretak

Can I boo him now?
Do you start booing uncontrollably if someone in your personal life tells you that they're not really interested in football? It's a job. Plenty of footballers don't really give a toss about the sport beyond that. A lot have said as much once safely retired and away from the wrath of the fans. Hell, I remember Ben White getting abuse a while back for saying he's not really interested in football, didn't even watch it as a kid and barely knew who Patrick Vieira was.

PieCrust

He's about to get boo'd a whole lot more if he really cancel's the WH transfer over a pay out.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The fans should have a Fisherman's Friend in their pocket every time he's in the lineup and make sure their voices are heard whenever he touches the ball.