Pathetic fans booing Maguire

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He doesn’t deserve that hate but he’s the worst defender in Man Utd history, worst signing in history, and he was the most expensive defender ever, and he made it to Captain and was kept as Captain for seasons. I have no idea how any of that was possible. And now he's essentially trying to hang on to the club and his wages. He is fecking atrocious and was insulted by the £20M offer. He should think himself lucky anybody thinks he's worth half that much. Nothing but mistakes that cost goals time and time again. He should change the club this summer or continues to be a meme factory.
No he’s not get a grip :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Some pathetic opinions in here. But sensible posters have come to accept that now when it comes to Maguire. I can’t help but feel sorry for him and his family, in no way does he deserve the abuse he gets or this meme like characterisation which has quite clearly ruined his confidence and maximised his errors. It’s a shame because there was a period where he looked a really good player in a Utd shirt, and was probably the single biggest reason we lost the Europa league final.

Drainy

I'd say there is no point in booing a player for not being a good fit for a side or having flaws we knew when we signed them. Like with Felleini.

However, Maguire has said some things that will draw fire if your performances aren't good enough so while I wouldn't boo, I understand and respect why others would

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think he’s been bullied to quite frankly disgusting degree in the past 2 years, being not likeable shouldn’t be a thumbs up to make the feckers life hell.
It’s no surprise he’s gotten shitter and shitter as the abuse continues, must be an awful scenario for his mental state.

We’d all be screaming blue murder if a regular Joe Bloggs had to suffer such abuse, the cnut gets mentioned in African politics ffs, but when it’s a footballer we bizarrely think it’s fair game.
The least you’d expect is a little bit of backing from your own fans, but his own fans are the worst.

Odd.
Agreed.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If you have a look at how Madrid and Barca fans treat their own players we're actually saintlike here imo.

Tbh I don't get the idea why fans are not allowed to or should not boo the players from some of our posters. Good players get the applauses, bad players get the boo. It should go both ways that's fair imo.

Tbh I don't like booing but it does help in maintaining our supposed standard I think. If you don't want to get booed you should start playing better. If you can't play better just leave. Fans pay to watch you it's not free.
Comparing us to the worst there is, and saying 'see, we're not THAT bad' isn't something we should be doing.

It's really, really, blatantly obvious that our treatment of Maguire has made the situation worse in terms of his form while also showing us up to be something less than we'd all like to claim to be.

Shame on us, basically.

edgecutter

Everyone should understand that he will get ironic cheers from away fans when he warms up or comes on as a sub. He's going to get abuse from both sets this year of he remains.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Nothing wrong with the booing. Fans pay for the tickets, they are entitled to share their feelings. Booing is as non-offensive and mild as it gets.

If the top red moral police doesn’t like it you’re free to buy the tickets and celebrate and cheer when unpopular players are in possession.

stevoc

He doesn’t deserve that hate but he’s the worst defender in Man Utd history, worst signing in history, and he was the most expensive defender ever, and he made it to Captain and was kept as Captain for seasons. I have no idea how any of that was possible. And now he's essentially trying to hang on to the club and his wages. He is fecking atrocious and was insulted by the £20M offer. He should think himself lucky anybody thinks he's worth half that much. Nothing but mistakes that cost goals time and time again. He should change the club this summer or continues to be a meme factory.
:lol:

RedStarUnited

how does he know of fans displeasure without any expression (like booing)? By sending him telepathic thoughts??
12 pages and I have yet to see anyone who thinks booing is pathetic, come up with a viable way for fans to show displeasure.

He is on a weekly wage that 99% of the fans in stadiums would love to have as a yearly salary. It just comes with the territory, theres nothing sad or pathetic about it.

red.knight

Some pathetic opinions in here. But sensible posters have come to accept that now when it comes to Maguire. I can’t help but feel sorry for him and his family, in no way does he deserve the abuse he gets or this meme like characterisation which has quite clearly ruined his confidence and maximised his errors. It’s a shame because there was a period where he looked a really good player in a Utd shirt, and was probably the single biggest reason we lost the Europa league final.
Can't put so many mistakes down to memes. The man has extremely minimal skills. Cannot entirely blame him though. Others were responsible for him being here.

RopersReturn

Maguire’s agent must’ve been laughing all the way to the bank after we signed him. One of the biggest swindles in club football.

dubplate warrior

Good one.

I'd have more respect for the booers if they just admitted they were cnuts instead of trying to justify their cnuty behaviour by pretending to be mortally wounded by a dull interview they can barely remember. Cowards.
Ooh you're hard.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Is getting boo = abuse though?

I think it's as professional as it gets. In most walk of life we get some sort of "stick" or "Reprimand" when we're not doing our job. Be it financially, or socially. Most of us which cause repeated mistakes again and again, would have been sacked on the spot, berated and shown the door.

Maguire, has failed to provide competent level of football with his schoolboy error defending, which any EPL defender should be ashamed off, let alone a 200k / week Defender. Even if it's not his fault we're stoopid enough to pay 80M, even if it's to his credit negotiating a 200k / week, he should be professionally be obliged to improve his basics, which every athlete with self esteem would take serious work to fix. Even if it's not his fault ETH picked him, or Ole Picked him, yes... but again as a United Captain, which again is not his fault because Ole picked him, he should develop some sort of pride, and professional "shame" attitude of playing that badly.

He should professionally talk to his manager that this tactics doesn't play to his strength and even exposed him, find out what sort of compromise is there, or failing all else looking for a move, because again any top athlete should have some sort of self awareness not to eat big salary for nothing.

He should at least be courteous enough to let the fans know that his performance is not acceptable, and will be working hard to fix it, instead of going on the record saying "I have nothing to prove"

He should at least professionally examine his game, and fix his flaw, which has been exposed not once or twice but all season long even some African Senator made a meme out of him.

Despite all that, he has no self awareness, not a tiny bit of self reflection that maybe he should knuckle down and stick to basic defending, instead of doing the "Look at me I'm Maverick" stunt while looking like a clown

So, if I were in the stadium, I've had enough and will boo him. If that adds 1% to his decision to feel any sort of remorse and help made his decision to take a salary cut and redeem what's left of his professional pride, so be it. We made too many excuses for our non performing players the dressing room becomes weak.

I don't blame Maguire if he's being nutmegged by Messi, or even any player, fair play is fair play some people just are playing better that day. But most of his mistakes are not even due to the opponent, it's his self made error which should have not happen on such a frequency.

I'm not applauding for a shit on a stick non professional display. He's gotta to earn the applause, it's not by default. You paid it with blood and sweat.

Madrid players showing this level of performance would have balls of steel to come to training, let alone saying in the press conference "I Have nothing to prove"

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Barn buster of a post. Worst defender in our history? Get a grip mate.

He's not great but far from the worst. He was quite good in his first 2 seasons with us.

But posts like this are proof that a large section of our fans have decided to hate upon him no matter what, and it's really best for him to move on.

dubplate warrior

Yup. The nerve to blame Maguire for being thin skinned while he's constantly bullied online. Disgusting behaviour. Reminds me of domestic abusers. Or maybe they're the cretins that mindlessly ape the school bullies.
What :confused:

You think booing a shit footballer is akin to a man beating up his wife?

If people pay to watch a football match they're entitled to boo a player, it's not something I'd do, but it's not that big a deal. He's shit, he gets paid a lot of money, if he moves on he'll still earn a lot of money.

Crashoutcassius

Is getting boo = abuse though?

I think it's as professional as it gets. In most walk of life we get some sort of "stick" or "Reprimand" when we're not doing our job. Be it financially, or socially. Most of us which cause repeated mistakes again and again, would have been sacked on the spot, berated and shown the door.

Maguire, has failed to provide competent level of football with his schoolboy error defending, which any EPL defender should be ashamed off, let alone a 200k / week Defender. Even if it's not his fault we're stoopid enough to pay 80M, even if it's to his credit negotiating a 200k / week, he should be professionally be obliged to improve his basics, which every athlete with self esteem would take serious work to fix. Even if it's not his fault ETH picked him, or Ole Picked him, yes... but again as a United Captain, which again is not his fault because Ole picked him, he should develop some sort of pride, and professional "shame" attitude of playing that badly.

He should professionally talk to his manager that this tactics doesn't play to his strength and even exposed him, find out what sort of compromise is there, or failing all else looking for a move, because again any top athlete should have some sort of self awareness not to eat big salary for nothing.

He should at least be courteous enough to let the fans know that his performance is not acceptable, and will be working hard to fix it, instead of going on the record saying "I have nothing to prove"

He should at least professionally examine his game, and fix his flaw, which has been exposed not once or twice but all season long even some African Senator made a meme out of him.

Despite all that, he has no self awareness, not a tiny bit of self reflection that maybe he should knuckle down and stick to basic defending, instead of doing the "Look at me I'm Maverick" stunt while looking like a clown

So, if I were in the stadium, I've had enough and will boo him. If that adds 1% to his decision to feel any sort of remorse and help made his decision to take a salary cut and redeem what's left of his professional pride, so be it. We made too many excuses for our non performing players the dressing room becomes weak.

I don't blame Maguire if he's being nutmegged by Messi, or even any player, fair play is fair play some people just are playing better that day. But most of his mistakes are not even due to the opponent, it's his self made error which should have not happen on such a frequency.

I'm not applauding for a shit on a stick non professional display. He's gotta to earn the applause, it's not by default. You paid it with blood and sweat.

Madrid players showing this level of performance would have balls of steel to come to training, let alone saying in the press conference "I Have nothing to prove"
What are you on about Jesus Christ

Strelok

Comparing us to the worst there is, and saying 'see, we're not THAT bad' isn't something we should be doing.

It's really, really, blatantly obvious that our treatment of Maguire has made the situation worse in terms of his form while also showing us up to be something less than we'd all like to claim to be.

Shame on us, basically.
Nah booing has nothing to do with his form. He's just slow both brain and feet and doesn't suit our current style. He's been bad for more than a year and the fans didn't boo him until recently.

Anyway I do hope you don't ever complain about any service you pay for in your entire life regardless of how bad it is. Because if so shame on you.

David De Gea

OK booing the man is too much but I don't think it can be allowed to cloud the fact how utterly abysmal he is. It's much harder to put together such comedic compilations of many cock-ups if you don't make multiple cock-ups per match, often resulting in goals against.

The man is misery and easy to understand how having one of the main tent poles of your team be a basket case cock up machine will have an impact on the rest of the team. This is why I think he has a good shout of being our worst ever signing.

The fact he was bought for a ridiculous sum way higher than his talent warranted. The fact he was made captain with absolutely no justification other than seemingly he's English, tall and a centre back? The fact that his value and unearned captaincy meant he was a constant in the team despite being a cock up meme machine. The fact all of that means he actually brings the level of the team down.

Just absolutely horrible all round; end it now for his benefit and ours. Snap West Ham's hands off for any amount of money they'll give us because something is better than him stinking the place up on high wages for the rest of his contract.

dalriada

Nothing wrong with the booing. Fans pay for the tickets, they are entitled to share their feelings. Booing is as non-offensive and mild as it gets.

If the top red moral police doesn’t like it you’re free to buy the tickets and celebrate and cheer when unpopular players are in possession.
Nothing wrong in principle with booing - same way you might boo a comedian's performance if he's not funny (I'm not applying the comedian analogy to Maguire, by the way) because you've paid to be entertained. What concerns me is when some people pick on a player who's under scrutiny and just boo when they're given the slightest opportunity. You wouldn't want a prescriptive policy of only "being positive" about players (the kind of culture you have in some workplaces), but I also think we owe players who wear the shirt some support - I say that as a supporter since the 1970s who's seen good and bad times.
There's always a player who becomes the one to pick on - Fellaini, Ashley Young, Valencia at one point. In some cases it takes its toll at a human level as well - it clearly became over the top and had a visible effect on Lingard and Cleverly.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Some morons are far more moronic then others.
With eloquent phrasing and solid reasoning like this, there is no doubt the people who slag off the boo'ers have made a rock-solid case.

I personally would not boo him because he's not even worth the energy. The guy is way overpaid and overpromoted.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I do not think that a club like ours should be associated with such comic imagine of a footballer, which, he created by himself. He will never redeem himself here so better sell him fast, otherwise the attitude of some fans will only become worse.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
With eloquent phrasing and solid reasoning like this, there is no doubt the people who slag off the boo'ers have made a rock-solid case.

I personally would not boo him because he's not even worth the energy. The guy is way overpaid and overpromoted.
Don't think any reasoning needs to be laid out as to why sending a bomb threat to Harry Maguire is imbecilic

red.knight

Barn buster of a post. Worst defender in our history? Get a grip mate.

He's not great but far from the worst. He was quite good in his first 2 seasons with us.

But posts like this are proof that a large section of our fans have decided to hate upon him no matter what, and it's really best for him to move on.
I maybe wrong but hes the worst United defender I have seen in my life time and he's definitely the worst one who still thinks so highly of themselves that they believe they have "nothing to prove". The guy turned football to a comedy show.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Don't think any reasoning needs to be laid out as to why sending a bomb threat to Harry Maguire is imbecilic

How are you people so bad at sticking to a topic? We're obviously not discussing that and no one's even mentioned it. That also happened years ago.

I swear some of you must be on his P team.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

How are you people so bad at sticking to a topic? We're obviously not discussing that and no one's even mentioned it. That also happened years ago.

I swear some of you must be on his P team.
Erm... I was replying to:

The Fellaini booing was a just a small section of the crowd doing it in one game.

With Maguire, it's part of a months long campaign that included a bomb threat.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Be interesting to know if the fans who feel it’s free season on Maguire were also supportive of fans booing Pogba at Old Trafford after all the shit he stirred up at the club through his agent.

Herman Toothrot

Well, he comes across ridiculously thin skinned tbh.

I personally wouldn't boo him but I'm not going to get salty towards anyone that does boo him. As I've said, players on the continent get it way worse, and it isn't headline worthy. You're coming across awfully thin skinned yourself calling people cnuts because they booed a player. The drama on here does be top class, over the most trivial matters.
Traditionally, I don't think it's a massive controversy to expect your fellow fans not to boo our own players, especially at friendly. But you y'know, that's just like, my opinion man. United it a massive club, it attracts all sorts of folk...

Ooh you're hard.
All sorts of strange folk.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
OK booing the man is too much but I don't think it can be allowed to cloud the fact how utterly abysmal he is. It's much harder to put together such comedic compilations of many cock-ups if you don't make multiple cock-ups per match, often resulting in goals against.

The man is misery and easy to understand how having one of the main tent poles of your team be a basket case cock up machine will have an impact on the rest of the team. This is why I think he has a good shout of being our worst ever signing.

The fact he was bought for a ridiculous sum way higher than his talent warranted. The fact he was made captain with absolutely no justification other than seemingly he's English, tall and a centre back? The fact that his value and unearned captaincy meant he was a constant in the team despite being a cock up meme machine. The fact all of that means he actually brings the level of the team down.

Just absolutely horrible all round; end it now for his benefit and ours. Snap West Ham's hands off for any amount of money they'll give us because something is better than him stinking the place up on high wages for the rest of his contract.
So we should kept on applauding him? Even when he displayed the ineptness?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Feels a bit like the player equivalent of Moyes as manager right now.

Not entirely his fault as he was judged to have a higher ceiling than it has proven. He had too much responsibility too soon, and really it would be best for all parties if he moved and rebuilt his career elsewhere.

The issue we likely have is that it's become abundantly clear to everyone that he's not going to be playing at this level again. He's not a top 6 footballer, but a very solid PL defender.

I wish him all the best, but really hope he's off soon.

Lowkey

im all for the booing. a player who is so deluded and thinks he has nothing to prove and has a bunch of yes men around him needs to know and understand how the fans actually feel. There is nothing wrong with it and im behind it.

Take the hint. You are not wanted. There is one reason you stay at a club where you are clearly not wanted. Money. Therefore, he needs to be boo'd to be reminded that he is not wanted..

Why would anyone stay at a place where he is not clearly not liked/wanted. If it were me, i would get the hint straight away and try to rebuild my career and find a place where i was wanted.

Lee565

Fans should be booing ole, not Maguire, he's the one that signed him amongst many other flops

Herman Toothrot

The worst thing I'll read on the Internet this morning. Imagine writing that, going to brush your later and looking at your face in the mirror and remembering you wrote that. That must be fecking devastating.

I think I'd cringe so much that I'd break my own spine and die.

reelworld

Then they don't have the right mentality for the job.

There have been great players in the past who have been vilified for whatever reason, but have come back strong. Not just in football, but in many sports.

It's part of elite sport. They wouldn't earn their millions per year if not for the sport attracting the interest of billions of people around the world. If they're happy to take the money and fame that comes with it then they have to accept the criticism too. For the record I don't believe personal abuse and insults are fair game, but booing I have no problem with. It's certainly not the abusive and bullying behaviour that some try to make it out to be. It should should be used as a fuel to self motivate and prove the doubters wrong
:lol: fecking hell